ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#821 » by Iheartfootball » Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 pm

buckboy wrote:The obvious concern is letting more Ws 'fans' in the building. Gonna have to think about this.

This won't be a problem.

1) They would never travel to MKE.
2) If it's raining here they hardly fill Oracle Arena.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,826

Post#822 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu May 16, 2019 4:52 am

Escalators were down after the game. Thankfully, it was after a win so everyone was cheering in the stairwell.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#823 » by JustinCredible » Thu May 16, 2019 5:12 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Escalators were down after the game. Thankfully, it was after a win so everyone was cheering in the stairwell.

They closed off the entire main entrance/exit. My guess is because of the large crowd out there for TNT and having nowhere for the fans exiting to go to that way.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#824 » by BroncoBuck » Thu May 16, 2019 5:15 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Escalators were down after the game. Thankfully, it was after a win so everyone was cheering in the stairwell.

Everyone except those knockoff shirt Raptors fans. **** those attention seekers.

Took an hour to get out of my parking garage (Pabst Garage). I don’t like that they have been advertising it so heavily this season. I’ll have to find a new spot now lol
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,826

Post#825 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu May 16, 2019 5:20 am

JustinCredible wrote:

They closed off the entire main entrance/exit. My guess is because of the large crowd out there for TNT and having nowhere for the fans exiting to go to that way.

Since i have nothing to bitch about in the game thread, I will do it over here. How they hell do you design a stadium in the modern age where it takes 10 minutes to get in and 10 minutes to get out. They really need to double up the checkers at the metal detectors. They make everyone wait until their items are checked in the container until the next person goes. If you have 3 checkers, people can basically walk through the metal detectors with half the wait.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#826 » by JustinCredible » Thu May 16, 2019 5:25 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

Since i have nothing to bitch about in the game thread, I will do it over here. How they hell do you design a stadium in the modern age where it takes 10 minutes to get in and 10 minutes to get out. They really need to double up the checkers at the metal detectors. They make everyone wait until their items are checked in the container until the next person goes. If you have 3 checkers, people can basically walk through the metal detectors with half the wait.

Getting out through the side stairwells took FOREVER tonight. Very odd to have a plan that requires you to close down the main exit.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#827 » by skones » Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 am

emunney wrote:My concern is that you get back from the Finals game you didn't sell and go "what the hell was I thinking?" for the rest of your life. Those tickets can't be worth more to anybody who doesn't post on this board. Now is not the time to be sensible.

My concern here is this. Emunney, I respect you more than most on this board (you're actually my favorite poster <3). When you check me, I think, "ok, look at this from a different angle," and although I may not always agree, I DO take your opinion in stride. With that being said, IF YOU'RE POSTING HERE, this team means something to you. We have newcomers obviously, but this has long been the place where the folks who actually care, who took the time to get in tune with analytics, who delved deep into draft boards, who learned the god damned salary cap (it's so sad that I've known a greater majority of it since I was 16), WE congregate here. My concern is that if you don't go to the game, and you have a good deal sitting in front of you for tickets (don't take a bad deal), and something great happens, do you really want to miss it in person if you have the chance? Our last title was in 1971. That was 17 years before I was born. I'm 30. I'm sure there are older (MD OLD AS FUQ :wink: ), there are quite a few younger, and there are some in the same age bracket (and for some, they actually saw the last, though they may be few and far between). We don't know if, when, or how this situation may happen again.

Obviously I'm not advocating you take out another mortgage on your home to get into the building, but if it's on the fringe of your capabilities, I'd encourage pushing the envelope here so you don't regret that you didn't. When a possibly once in a life time event occurs, you don't think, "man, I just couldn't pull the trigger then and I don't regret it," you think, "man, I could have definitely made it work." Then again, I've always been a person who's taken risks (sorry 4ever Scoops if you still read) with a "figure it out later attitude." I personally, have found that backing myself into a corner, at least financially, has given me the edge I needed to come out the other side fruitful.

Also, emunney, are you going to be in house for any of this?
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#828 » by BradMKE » Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 am

JustinCredible wrote:Getting out through the side stairwells took FOREVER tonight. Very odd to have a plan that requires you to close down the main exit.

We took the elevators. The ushers said they only were for “anyone who had a problem with stairs”. Open-ended enough for us and a bunch of other able-bodied people joking about it on the way down.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#829 » by James1980 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Anybody know how early Mecca and beer garden filled up yesterday? I am going with some people before the game tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
bigredbadger
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#830 » by bigredbadger » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm

skones wrote:
emunney wrote:My concern is that you get back from the Finals game you didn't sell and go "what the hell was I thinking?" for the rest of your life. Those tickets can't be worth more to anybody who doesn't post on this board. Now is not the time to be sensible.

My concern here is this. Emunney, I respect you more than most on this board (you're actually my favorite poster <3). When you check me, I think, "ok, look at this from a different angle," and although I may not always agree, I DO take your opinion in stride. With that being said, IF YOU'RE POSTING HERE, this team means something to you. We have newcomers obviously, but this has long been the place where the folks who actually care, who took the time to get in tune with analytics, who delved deep into draft boards, who learned the god damned salary cap (it's so sad that I've known a greater majority of it since I was 16), WE congregate here. My concern is that if you don't go to the game, and you have a good deal sitting in front of you for tickets (don't take a bad deal), and something great happens, do you really want to miss it in person if you have the chance? Our last title was in 1971. That was 17 years before I was born. I'm 30. I'm sure there are older (MD OLD AS FUQ :wink: ), there are quite a few younger, and there are some in the same age bracket (and for some, they actually saw the last, though they may be few and far between). We don't know if, when, or how this situation may happen again.

Obviously I'm not advocating you take out another mortgage on your home to get into the building, but if it's on the fringe of your capabilities, I'd encourage pushing the envelope here so you don't regret that you didn't. When a possibly once in a life time event occurs, you don't think, "man, I just couldn't pull the trigger then and I don't regret it," you think, "man, I could have definitely made it work." Then again, I've always been a person who's taken risks (sorry 4ever Scoops if you still read) with a "figure it out later attitude." I personally, have found that backing myself into a corner, at least financially, has given me the edge I needed to come out the other side fruitful.

you dont bounce the grandkid on your knee and tell him about the time you made a couple grand selling tickets to a finals game.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,583

Post#831 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 16, 2019 2:00 pm

bigredbadger wrote:
skones wrote:

you dont bounce the grandkid on your knee and tell him about the time you made a couple grand selling tickets to a finals game.

Unless you invested that two grand and paid for his college tuition with it.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#832 » by Nowak008 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:01 pm

JustinCredible wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
JustinCredible wrote:

Getting out through the side stairwells took FOREVER tonight. Very odd to have a plan that requires you to close down the main exit.

Yea it was bizarre - if there was a fire everyone would have been toast.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#833 » by soxperry » Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Not a Fiserv gripe, but a stubhub gripe concerning last night's game.

I had Section 228, Row 2 seats. I moved them down to where I was losing 20 dollars each on them and still couldn't sell them.. Took them off of ticketmaster at a certain point because it takes them up to two hours to update a price change that you make, and i needed a quicker response. Put them on StubHub, and waited it out. Tip off came, still nothing. Then.. very shortly after tip off the tickets went into my "expired" section. This if baffling, i've personally sat at a bar near Fiserv earlier in the season and watched ticket prices go down on stubhub more than a quarter into the game, so i know this isn't standard practice. Had I anticipated this, I would have been more aggressive about moving the price down earlier.

So the tickets don't sell and i'm out 280 dollars because i wasn't willing to sell them for 80 dollars a piece right off the bat, and because StubHub took the tickets offline out of nowhere. With how packed the Deer District was, with how great the crowd was and how packed Fiserv was, I don't understand what was wrong with the ticket sales. Would have been very happy to just get money back or even take a small loss. I just don't get it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#834 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 pm

James1980 wrote:Anybody know how early Mecca and beer garden filled up yesterday? I am going with some people before the game tomorrow.

My dad and I got there around 5PM and the MECCA had a fairly deep line to get in. Beer garden tables were full but plenty of room to stand around, watch the big screen, etc. Other establishments had much smaller lines. We went in the arena about 630PM so it may have gotten more full after that. ...or less with people going in.

Has anybody gone to other non-deer district establishments like the Brathouse or Turners? I feel the deer district would pull away the crowds from there. Guess probaably weather dependent too.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#835 » by James1980 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks, shooting to get there between 3:00 and 4:00, see some of the TNT show, then head in at 6:30.

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,583

Post#836 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
James1980 wrote:Anybody know how early Mecca and beer garden filled up yesterday? I am going with some people before the game tomorrow.

My dad and I got there around 5PM and the MECCA had a fairly deep line to get in. Beer garden tables were full but plenty of room to stand around, watch the big screen, etc. Other establishments had much smaller lines. We went in the arena about 630PM so it may have gotten more full after that. ...or less with people going in.

Has anybody gone to other non-deer district establishments like the Brathouse or Turners? I feel the deer district would pull away the crowds from there. Guess probaably weather dependent too.

From what I've read Deer District has increased foot traffic so people are bouncing around to different places. I think people that go to the game are still going to the old bars. People that aren't going to the game go to Deer District and maybe a few other places. Basically, it's bringing a ton of people to that area that wouldn't have been there. Not sure how that's impacting things in other neighborhoods.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#837 » by buckboy » Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:

When I go with my wife we always go to Turner Hall. We always arrive 1 1/2-2 hours before gametime. And we always find seats at the bar. Last night was no exception on any count.

We're a little bit older than most of you, but I could live to be 200 and never understand the allure of going someplace that is absolutely packed for no real reason. And I felt that way when I was 21 too.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Re: Fiserv Forum Threado 

Post#838 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 16, 2019 2:45 pm

With the crappy weather expected tomorrow I expect Mecca and the others to get full earlier. There won't be nearly as many outside.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#839 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 16, 2019 2:50 pm

buckboy wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

When I go with my wife we always go to Turner Hall. We always arrive 1 1/2-2 hours before gametime. And we always find seats at the bar. Last night was no exception on any count.

We're a little bit older than most of you, but I could live to be 200 and never understand the allure of going someplace that is absolutely packed for no real reason. And I felt that way when I was 21 too.

I'm with you. I didn't love the MECCA because I was fighting through people to order drinks and then nowhere to really stand in lower level. Rather try to find a place that is slightly less busy but has a good vibe.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#840 » by buckboy » Thu May 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

I'm with you. I didn't love the MECCA because I was fighting through people to order drinks and then nowhere to really stand in lower level. Rather try to find a place that is slightly less busy but has a good vibe.

That's Turner Hall. The service can be spotty and I've heard complaints about the food (I've never had a bad meal there), but it's very relaxed and no lines for anything.

Also, why am I trying to talk people into going there? :lol:
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks