ImageImageImageImage

2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Re: 2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in! 

Post#21 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 1:08 pm

A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#22 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:12 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/vanderbilts-darius-garland-leaves-nba-draft-combine-per-report-lakers-bulls-among-teams-who-could-be-interested/

Well he got a promise.... Could it be the Bulls or Lakers? 2 teams that I could see wanting Garland.

I would totally think Phoenix as well. But.... the mere fact that he is pulling out.... might sway team... we'll see if he does any interviews. Chicago would be a great landing spot for him. Garland/Levine/Porter/Lauri/Carter Jr. would be an exciting core.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:14 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Image

Sorry bamba... you are no longer special... hahah. WTF TACKO!
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 1:17 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/vanderbilts-darius-garland-leaves-nba-draft-combine-per-report-lakers-bulls-among-teams-who-could-be-interested/

Well he got a promise.... Could it be the Bulls or Lakers? 2 teams that I could see wanting Garland.

I would totally think Phoenix as well. But.... the mere fact that he is pulling out.... might sway team... we'll see if he does any interviews. Chicago would be a great landing spot for him. Garland/Levine/Porter/Lauri/Carter Jr. would be an exciting core.

Part of me wonders if it's the Lakers... Would also allow Lonzo to play off ball where he seems more comfortable and he could easily guard 2's.

I feel like I have a solid idea what 1-5 will be. Zion Ja Barrett Garland Culver.... then you've got Hunter, Reddish Doumbouya as the next 3 off the board but don't know what order.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#25 » by basketballRob » Thu May 16, 2019 4:47 pm

I wouldn't object to Bassey if Vuc isn't going to be resigned.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm

basketballRob wrote:I wouldn't object to Bassey if Vuc isn't going to be resigned.

Big Men can be had for pennies in FA... go after Wings in the draft.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 6:03 pm

OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,764

Post#28 » by OrlandoNed » Thu May 16, 2019 6:29 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I wouldn't object to Bassey if Vuc isn't going to be resigned.

Big Men can be had for pennies in FA... go after Wings in the draft.

Talented wings and guards are more important to building a contending team than a talented big. All true contenders need 2 or 3 bigs that defend and rebound. What other skills a big could possess are irrelevant unless they can defend and rebound.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:33 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/#!?sort=PLAYER_NAME&dir=-1

actual list of names and wingspans

KZ Okpala has now jumped up a few spots on our board.... especially if he can play the 2. lol

6' 9.5" and 7' 1.75" wingspan?!?! dannnnnnngggg!

Imagine if everything pans out...

Fultz/Okpala/JI/AG/Bamba? say goodbye to passing lanes lol
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#30 » by basketballRob » Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 pm

Romeo Langford seems intriguing too with his massive wingspan for a guard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 pm

basketballRob wrote:Romeo Langford seems intriguing too with his massive wingspan for a guard.

Him and Porter are 2 of my favorites at 16. if i can get one of those two.... i'll be really happy! They can both support an offense. I truly think that the thumb injury could help Langford or the rough season for porter drop into our laps. And i will pick up that dropped ball and run it into and endzone.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 7:38 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Romeo Langford seems intriguing too with his massive wingspan for a guard.

Him and Porter are 2 of my favorites at 16. if i can get one of those two.... i'll be really happy! They can both support an offense. I truly think that the thumb injury could help Langford or the rough season for porter drop into our laps. And i will pick up that dropped ball and run it into and endzone.

I've got it Porter Jr, NAW then Langford... Would be happy with either of those guys. Langford shooting %'s scare me a bit but he def does bring a lot on the court. Has it been mentioned that he will be ready to shoot during his workouts? If so It will be interesting to hear how he does in terms of shooting and what not.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,074

Post#33 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

Part of me wonders if it's the Lakers... Would also allow Lonzo to play off ball where he seems more comfortable and he could easily guard 2's.

I feel like I have a solid idea what 1-5 will be. Zion Ja Barrett Garland Culver.... then you've got Hunter, Reddish Doumbouya as the next 3 off the board but don't know what order.

Huh? Lonzo didnt seem comfortable at all off the ball.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#34 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 16, 2019 7:51 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Image

Sorry bamba... you are no longer special... hahah. WTF TACKO!

I like how this has largely been swept under the rug. Hype is a funny thing.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#35 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:I would totally think Phoenix as well. But.... the mere fact that he is pulling out.... might sway team... we'll see if he does any interviews. Chicago would be a great landing spot for him. Garland/Levine/Porter/Lauri/Carter Jr. would be an exciting core.

No he didn’t. He can’t shoot why would they consider that? Dude is a bust imo
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Maybe off ball was wrong wording. More so saying in terms of being able to cut and play freely not having to just sit at the 3 point line when he is off the ball or always having to handle it. Lonzo had another dude (Holiday) at UCLA who could create and find cutters and I remember Lonzo getting a ton of his buckets in transition and what not. Getting Garland you'd have 2 guys who can create and work with Lebron Kuzma and others.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Post#37 » by Skin » Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Jalen Lecque with the second longest wingspan for PGs, 6' 8.5''. Keeps him on our board! *fist pump*
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

I've got it Porter Jr, NAW then Langford... Would be happy with either of those guys. Langford shooting %'s scare me a bit but he def does bring a lot on the court. Has it been mentioned that he will be ready to shoot during his workouts? If so It will be interesting to hear how he does in terms of shooting and what not.

I'm literally going to hope not and get a chance at gambling on the thumb injury. If he is able to shoot and prove that it was just the injury... he won't be there at 16 anymore.... possibly not even 10... shoot... he could go top 7 even. hahah
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,074

Post#39 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Huh? Lonzo didnt seem comfortable at all off the ball.

Maybe off ball was wrong wording. More so saying in terms of being able to cut and play freely not having to just sit at the 3 point line when he is off the ball or always having to handle it. Lonzo had another dude (Holiday) at UCLA who could create and find cutters and I remember Lonzo getting a ton of his buckets in transition and what not. Getting Garland you'd have 2 guys who can create and work with Lebron Kuzma and others.

Lakers are going to do everything they can to get Davis with the pick and players. doubtful it was they who guaranteed Garland. My bet is PHX or Chicago
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:No he didn’t. He can’t shoot why would they consider that? Dude is a bust imo

Lakers are going to do everything they can to get Davis with the pick and players. doubtful it was they who guaranteed Garland. My bet is PHX or Chicago

I think AD has a better chance staying than Milwaukee dealing him to LA. If Boston or the Knicks really want AD i think both of those teams have a better package than what LA can offer.

Return to Orlando Magic