ImageImageImageImage

2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: 2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in! 

Post#41 » by Skin » Thu May 16, 2019 8:20 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/#!?sort=PLAYER_NAME&dir=-1

actual list of names and wingspans

KZ Okpala has now jumped up a few spots on our board.... especially if he can play the 2. lol

6' 9.5" and 7' 1.75" wingspan?!?! dannnnnnngggg!

Imagine if everything pans out...

Fultz/Okpala/JI/AG/Bamba? say goodbye to passing lanes lol

I don't see a SG in him.

His wingspan sounds intriguing, but it only goes to show how badass Kelly Oubre is with his 7'3 wingspan. Love that cat more than any of these SG/SF draft prospects.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#42 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Read on Twitter

My goodness Clarke is a combine champ...

Read on Twitter
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#43 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 8:39 pm

One of my 2nd round prospects!!!

Read on Twitter

Jaylen Nowell

38.5 vert
3.13 sprint
10.76 lane agility
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#44 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Maybe off ball was wrong wording. More so saying in terms of being able to cut and play freely not having to just sit at the 3 point line when he is off the ball or always having to handle it. Lonzo had another dude (Holiday) at UCLA who could create and find cutters and I remember Lonzo getting a ton of his buckets in transition and what not. Getting Garland you'd have 2 guys who can create and work with Lebron Kuzma and others.

Lakers are going to do everything they can to get Davis with the pick and players. doubtful it was they who guaranteed Garland. My bet is PHX or Chicago

I think AD has a better chance staying than Milwaukee dealing him to LA. If Boston or the Knicks really want AD i think both of those teams have a better package than what LA can offer.

they do, but its all what someone is willing to offer for a player that can walk in 1 season. in LA, they can offer more because they think he will stay, than what NY might offer for someone that could/would leave
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#45 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 9:10 pm

Skin wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/#!?sort=PLAYER_NAME&dir=-1

KZ Okpala has now jumped up a few spots on our board.... especially if he can play the 2. lol

I don't see a SG in him.

His wingspan sounds intriguing, but it only goes to show how badass Kelly Oubre is with his 7'3 wingspan. Love that cat more than any of these SG/SF draft prospects.

yeah, but i think PHX is going to keep him.

if i was Orlando, i might try and poach Jackson. yes, he isnt showing a lot right now, but he has shown flashes. and with consistent coaching like Clifford has shown this past year, and a little patience, he could flourish. Just dont know what it would take to get Jackson away. we could have the #1 and #3 picks from 2 years ago :D
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#46 » by Skin » Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Skin wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:KZ Okpala has now jumped up a few spots on our board.... especially if he can play the 2. lol

I don't see a SG in him.

if i was Orlando, i might try and poach Jackson. yes, he isnt showing a lot right now, but he has shown flashes. and with consistent coaching like Clifford has shown this past year, and a little patience, he could flourish. Just dont know what it would take to get Jackson away. we could have the #1 and #3 picks from 2 years ago :D

I like Jackson, but he's not a FA. Oubre seems to check all the boxes for WeHam. PHX might want to keep him, but I think they have limits. They also have backup plans... Warren, Bridges, Jackson... in case they get priced out for his services.

What would you trade for Jackson?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,268

Post#47 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Skin wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Skin wrote:I don't see a SG in him.

I like Jackson, but he's not a FA. Oubre seems to check all the boxes for WeHam. PHX might want to keep him, but I think they have limits. They also have backup plans... Warren, Bridges, Jackson... in case they get priced out for his services.

Josh Jackson?

lol

When you say he is not showing much you mean: he is one of the worst wing players in whole league, has one of lowest TS% in history for lottery pick, for two years in a row he menaged to land as top 10 worst SF in real plus minus. Ofc - 10 net rating as guy is walking tank machine.

Him and Lonzo and few others ( Thomas Robinson, Bender, Hezonja, Maker...) are in tight competition for worst lottery bust in 21 sanctuary.
What would Suns s trade for Jackson? hmm used condom sounds like a fair value. You know you suck when your fanbase wanted to trade you , 4th overall pick, after 3 months.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#48 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Skin wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Skin wrote:I don't see a SG in him.

i dont know, like i said, would be interesting to see if they could poach him. Maybe future protected 1st? S&T Birch for him? this is where WeHam would need to do their diligence. and with his recent arrest, the front office might want him to just quietly go out of town, we might get him for a 2nd or two.

I agree Oubre could be a good acquisition, though he isnt a good outside shooter right now. I just thought i had heard that PHX was very happy with him and wanted to keep him. reading the PHX board, seems the go/no-go price is around $13mil/yr
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#49 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 9:44 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
tiderulz wrote:yeah, but i think PHX is going to keep him.

Josh Jackson?

lol

When you say he is not showing much you mean: he is one of the worst wing players in whole league, has one of lowest TS% in history for lottery pick, for two years in a row he menaged to land as top 10 worst SF in real plus minus. Ofc - 10 net rating as guy is walking tank machine.

What would Suns s trade for Jackson? hmm used condom sounds like a fair value.

yep. And Siakam was a horrible player his rookie year too. 14% from 3, 69% from FT. bad shooting beyond 3'. players can grow and develop. Josh has great athleticism and plays for dysfunctional team in PHX (we know about that ourselves). if we could poach him for low value now and let him continue to develop with no pressure, he could be a gem. Or he could screw up even more and we didnt waste a #3 pick on him.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#50 » by nicnac215 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Skin wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

I don't see a SG in him.

He could possibly play sg. He handles the ball well and his jumper is pretty clean looking. I think it is highly likely we select him with our pick, assuming we keep it and don’t move up. High character with great length sounds like a prototypical Magic draft pick.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#51 » by MagicFan101 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:I like Jackson, but he's not a FA. Oubre seems to check all the boxes for WeHam. PHX might want to keep him, but I think they have limits. They also have backup plans... Warren, Bridges, Jackson... in case they get priced out for his services.

Josh Jackson?

lol

yep. And Siakam was a horrible player his rookie year too. 14% from 3, 69% from FT. bad shooting beyond 3'. players can grow and develop. Josh has great athleticism and plays for dysfunctional team in PHX (we know about that ourselves). if we could poach him for low value now and let him continue to develop with no pressure, he could be a gem. Or he could screw up even more and we didnt waste a #3 pick on him.

The recent felony charge arrest greatly influences my feelings towards Josh Jackson.

Still ... he is the kind of player Cliff can mold. Cliff could probably play a role in his off the court development as well.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#52 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:I like Jackson, but he's not a FA. Oubre seems to check all the boxes for WeHam. PHX might want to keep him, but I think they have limits. They also have backup plans... Warren, Bridges, Jackson... in case they get priced out for his services.

Josh Jackson?

lol

Does being on dysfuncional team makes him idiot before going there too?

Siakam always had one clear skill , defense.
What's Jackson's calling card ? Being "Robin" to a guy who beat up woman at college, and kicking her car to show who's real man?

oh and as we speak, two days ago this happend
Phoenix forward Josh Jackson, 22, was arrested this weekend at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami Gardens, Fla., Andy Slater first reported, after repeatedly attempting to enter a VIP area without a proper pass, and then attempting to flee from police after being handcuffed. Jackson was charged with escape and resisting arrest and posted a $1,000 bond Saturday.

Not just that he is complete draft bust, scrub and has no basketball skills, he is also complete fool.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#53 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Josh Jackson?

lol

The recent felony charge arrest greatly influences my feelings towards Josh Jackson.

Still ... he is the kind of player Cliff can mold. Cliff could probably play a role in his off the court development as well.

yes, a felony is a concern. but he didnt physically attack anyone, kid tried to enter a VIP section of a concert and stupidly tried to run from the police. as far as felony arrests go, this is just a stupid one, not a concerning one to me
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#54 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Bleacher report on Jackson

After Josh Jackson averaged over 17.0 points and shot near 45.0 percent in both March and April of last season, the arrow was pointing up heading into Year No. 2.
It’s back down again. He’s losing minutes to rookie Mikal Bridges, who’s No. 24 among NBA small forwards in real plus-minus while Jackson ranks No. 80 of 86.

The 2017 No. 4 pick, one before De’Aaron Fox, the Sacramento Kings’ budding star, is shooting just 38.6 percent from the floor, 46.9 percent inside 10 feet, 31.0 percent on pull-ups and 29.1 percent from three. He continues to experience problems shooting and finishing.

CBS Sports

5. Suns draft Josh Jackson No. 4 overall (2017)
If we gave the Suns the benefit of the doubt for taking Ayton over Doncic, we can give no such leeway for drafting Josh Jackson at No. 4 two years ago. After a largely disappointing rookie season, Jackson has been one of the worst players in the league this season. It doesn't take much to imagine what could've been with De'Aaron Fox having gone just one slot after Jackson at No. 5 to the Kings. A Fox-Devin Booker backcourt, with Ayton in the middle and Mikal Bridges on the wing, would be a pretty sweet, super-young core moving forward. Instead, you have Jackson over Fox and Ayton over Doncic. That has take-back written all over it.

Oh and that fool forgot to show up on his own autograph signing for fans, was fined 20 K for it.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#55 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Josh Jackson?

lol

What's Jackson's calling card ? Being "Robin" to a guy who beat up woman at college, and kicking her car to show who's real man?

Phoenix forward Josh Jackson, 22, was arrested this weekend at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami Gardens, Fla., Andy Slater first reported, after repeatedly attempting to enter a VIP area without a proper pass, and then attempting to flee from police after being handcuffed. Jackson was charged with escape and resisting arrest and posted a $1,000 bond Saturday.

Not just that he is complete draft bust, scrub and has no basketball skills, he is also complete fool.

yeah, but you call anyone that doesnt show star potential their first year a scrub, so there's that.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#56 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Bleacher report on Jackson

After Josh Jackson averaged over 17.0 points and shot near 45.0 percent in both March and April of last season, the arrow was pointing up heading into Year No. 2.
It’s back down again. He’s losing minutes to rookie Mikal Bridges, who’s No. 24 among NBA small forwards in real plus-minus while Jackson ranks No. 80 of 86.

The 2017 No. 4 pick, one before De’Aaron Fox, the Sacramento Kings’ budding star, is shooting just 38.6 percent from the floor, 46.9 percent inside 10 feet, 31.0 percent on pull-ups and 29.1 percent from three. He continues to experience problems shooting and finishing.

CBS Sports

5. Suns draft Josh Jackson No. 4 overall (2017)
If we gave the Suns the benefit of the doubt for taking Ayton over Doncic, we can give no such leeway for drafting Josh Jackson at No. 4 two years ago. After a largely disappointing rookie season, Jackson has been one of the worst players in the league this season. It doesn't take much to imagine what could've been with De'Aaron Fox having gone just one slot after Jackson at No. 5 to the Kings. A Fox-Devin Booker backcourt, with Ayton in the middle and Mikal Bridges on the wing, would be a pretty sweet, super-young core moving forward. Instead, you have Jackson over Fox and Ayton over Doncic. That has take-back written all over it.

Oh and that fool forgot to show up on his own autograph signing for fans, was fined 20 K for it.

when i was 21, i had friends snorting carburetor cleaner, jumped train tracks into a river not very deep (and sprained my back) amongst many other stupid things. Yeah, not showing up for an autograph signing isnt a good look, but im not going to crucify a kid for it. if it was up to you, we would only draft players that will be stars and never need to develop anyone. you have really gotten very negative lately on practically any subject here. Might be time to take a small sanity health break for a few days
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#57 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:yep. And Siakam was a horrible player his rookie year too. 14% from 3, 69% from FT. bad shooting beyond 3'. players can grow and develop. Josh has great athleticism and plays for dysfunctional team in PHX (we know about that ourselves). if we could poach him for low value now and let him continue to develop with no pressure, he could be a gem. Or he could screw up even more and we didnt waste a #3 pick on him.

yeah, but you call anyone that doesnt show star potential their first year a scrub, so there's that.

Read what Suns fans think about him, ones who actually watch him play.
He is probably one of most hated second year players in sports, among own fans.

What type of character thinks that being 6'8 with afro hair, with handcuffs on him , will be able to run away from police? That thing alone just shows how st000pid that boy is ( is Takashi his favorite singer? I bet yes ...)
Or he runned because he had to get rid of something. Witch is even worst.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/5/13/18618061/josh-jackson-arrested-at-rolling-loud-music-festival-phoenix-suns

just read this , there is 341 comment of Suns fans, they even qouted him when he said he played good basketball. That level of delusion when you have been by stats the worst starter in basketball, yet deflect all critic toward you.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#58 » by tiderulz » Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

What type of character thinks that being 6'8 with afro hair, with handcuffs on him , will be able to run away from police? That thing alone just shows how st000pid that boy is ( is Takashi his favorite singer? I bet yes ...)

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/5/13/18618061/josh-jackson-arrested-at-rolling-loud-music-festival-phoenix-suns

just read this , there is 341 comment of Suns fans, they even qouted him when he said he played good basketball. That level of delusion when you have been by stats the worst starter in basketball, yet deflect all critic toward you.

lots of players have been hated by their own fans, who ended up decent players. shoot, people originally thought Shaq wasnt worth a max extension.

its all about cost vs reward. If I could get Jackson for a 2nd round pick right now, because of his mistake, i would jump all over it. What is the cost? another Melvin Frazier? for someone with Jacksons ability. his problem is consistency not ability. his rookie year, in Feb and March he put up 17/5 albeit with bad 3 pt shooting, and he put up 14/5 in January. ability is there to me, he just needs better coaching and to mature.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#59 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:yeah, but you call anyone that doesnt show star potential their first year a scrub, so there's that.

lots of players have been hated by their own fans, who ended up decent players. shoot, people originally thought Shaq wasnt worth a max extension.

its all about cost vs reward. If I could get Jackson for a 2nd round pick right now, because of his mistake, i would jump all over it. What is the cost? another Melvin Frazier? for someone with Jacksons ability. his problem is consistency not ability. his rookie year, in Feb and March he put up 17/5 albeit with bad 3 pt shooting, and he put up 14/5 in January. ability is there to me, he just needs better coaching and to mature.

What is the cost? Try with $7M this year , 4th year option on $9M for player that for two years in a row belongs to the bottom of the league when it comes to impact, efficiency and overall performance.

his rookie year, in Feb and March he put up 17/5 albeit with bad 3 pt shooting

During his "breakout March" they lost 13 games in a row. 6 of 13 games were blowouts.

and he put up 14/5 in January.

Lost 13 out of 15 there, highest scoring game vs Minny, 27 points during 27 points blowout.

Again, combination of salary, draft bust label , complete lack of self awareness, complete lack of respect to fans or team in general, lack of basketball skills, lack of work ethic to get better, ignorance and arrogance about his currrent skills paint perfect picture of american Darko Milčić. Guy who was simply wracking ball on and off the court.

Oh on top of all his idiotic moves, during rookie year he made firing gun gesture toward Clippers fan and than told him " F you"... What is more hilarious is him trying to "clear the air
“That’s what most people thought I was going but I actually wasn’t making a gun,” Jackson told azcentral.com, adding: “I kind of wanted to put up the middle finger to him but I didn’t do that because I felt like I was really being watched so I kind of halfway did it.”

Got fined 35 K, learned nothing ,as usual.

Unread post#10 » by Blonde » Mon May 13, 2019 10:03 pm

What an absolute bum. I hate how wrong I’ve been about this guy.

This type of " get rid of him ASAP " are all over the place. He is simply bad player and immature person and pretty ignorant about both. Darko is best comp i could come up with, Darious MIles is probaly second, but Miles was fool ,but talented one. Jackson's basketball talent at this point is questionable. He is only good at super low efficiency chucking with terrible defense and bad BBIQ.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#60 » by KillMonger » Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Still with the Kelly oubre stuff? Foh with that, he's the new Jason Thompson

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic