ImageImageImageImageImage

All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Re: All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin 

Post#181 » by lelelazza8 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:51 am

Draft Cam Reddish and sign klay Thompson...
Use MLE for starting C...
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,003

Post#182 » by Gus McCrae » Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am

Landsberger wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:There is a Stud at #4 that does not play LBJ's position

Don't trade the pick but draft #4 who was a gift.

Keep the gift and get another Superstar.

Why is only drafting the pick considered a gift? If we could get say..... 2 top stars and part with the pick we're a much better team. A top 5 draft pick is by no means a sure thing. Russell was only the 5th top 5 pick since 2000 to make an all star team and only 2 of the others have made multiple ones.

Maybe I’m reading wrong. Russelll was #2 and there’s been tons of top 5 picks making all star teams since 2000.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#183 » by myersia » Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 pm

It’s kind of obvious unfortunately. We get AD and trade all our core we are more attractive to free agents. I know it will affect cap space but I’m sure big stars consider paycuts to link up in LA with bron and Davis. As much as it hurts it’s inevitable. Lakers want to win and not just make the playoffs they want championships. Clearly the stance of our front office. It’s why they keep overthinking too much and making things complicated. Durant and Leonard and even klay would be more likely to consider us with the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#184 » by kobe808lak » Thu May 16, 2019 1:18 pm

what would jack bauer do? wrote:Damn Darius Garland left the draft combine after playing just five games. They said he probably has a guarantee. The Bulls and Lakers as teams probably interested. I'm praying lebron and his guys said to lock him up since Garland is signed with klutch. I really hope we switch gears and get him.

I'm on board with this.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,412

Post#185 » by Slava » Thu May 16, 2019 1:53 pm

what would jack bauer do? wrote:Damn Darius Garland left the draft combine after playing just five games. They said he probably has a guarantee. The Bulls and Lakers as teams probably interested. I'm praying lebron and his guys said to lock him up since Garland is signed with klutch. I really hope we switch gears and get him.

Considering how methodical Pelinka and the Lakers have been with everything, I doubt they commit to anyone this early in the draft process.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#186 » by bb22 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:26 pm

tviper wrote:Just want to remind everyone throwing out ridiculous trades that completely ignore the CBA rules such as trading for AD or anyone worth the #4 pick is next to impossible before the draft. Thank you for ignoring this post.

Ya i was gonna say the same. I think everyone assumed a big draft-day deal.
The bigger issue for the Lakers is that they will likely be forced to decide on a deal for AD prior to being eligible to sign free agents. If we see the Lakers FO go all out on draft day in order to acquire AD, it might mean that no worthy FA had shown interest (unofficially) in playing for the Lakers. I think the less deals done on draft day, the better.
Considering KD is off the table, the dream scenario imo is signing Kawhi + the current young stars + 4th pick. Gutting the team to have 1 guaranteed year of AD and then using the cap space to overpay someone would be very risky.
Bron + AD + Klay + fillers would be the second best scenario imo.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#187 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 16, 2019 4:16 pm

stan francisco wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:More Pelican hate is being sold. Reportedly the Hatred for the Lakers is strong. But I believe their GM will see that the Laker assets are the best fit. No one can offer what Zion needs. An exvellent set up man in the open court..Lonzo. and a shooter on the wing..Kuzma. Zion is a high flying act. He needs what only we have. The Laker package is without a doubt not only the best, but the most compatible. I believe Pels GM will also sees that.

Instead of trading all of our youth to NOP and Zion, why don’t we just bring him here?

LeBron is another top five NBA asset. I’d give up Bron and fluff for Zion. Same for AD. I’d not give up Lonzo nor Ingram due to defense being a needed commodity when hunting for championships.

Without LBJ, we need all of Kuzma, Lonzo, Ingram.

Trading LeGroin is the best move we can make. Either for AD or Zion. Build an LBJ package, Pelinka!

Then sign Leonard in FA. Done. Ball, Leonard, Ingram, Kuzma, AD (I doubt we get Zion but we should try hard). For LBJ and his jersey sales, they might just do it.

I would be leaning more to the side of playoff and finals experience. We need experienced leadership to guide our team in those situations. Anyhow, thats why i would keep Bron imo
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#188 » by leeprettyp » Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pm

If the AD trade cant be done.

I'm fine with keeping the pick and drafting Reddish (He fits with what we have with this young core)

Ball
Reddish
Ingram
Kuz
Hart off the bench

I think we need to start thinking long term despite LBJ if the AD or even Beal trade(which is media driven haven't even given a leak he's available) can't be made.

I'm okay with riding the wave of those young guys above and signing shooters and bigs with the cap space. Fill out a competitive roster.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#189 » by Penberthy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Do you think ATL would do #4 for #8 + #10
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#190 » by Danny Darko » Thu May 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#191 » by zimpy27 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:49 pm

The AD trade is Lonzo + Ingram + Wagner + #4 + 2020 1st

That's the right salary match. Pelicans can involve a 3rd team like Phoenix or Chicago to get that 6-7 pick if they don't like Lonzo.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#192 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 16, 2019 7:31 pm

The Pelicans NEED a point guard. The Lakers have the best assets to fill that need. Plus the shooters, picks etc
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#193 » by myersia » Thu May 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Question: does anyone at four actually have the talent and skill to contribute right away in the NBA?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jay51024
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#194 » by jay51024 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#195 » by Penberthy » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm

zimpy27 wrote:The AD trade is Lonzo + Ingram + Wagner + #4 + 2020 1st

That's the right salary match. Pelicans can involve a 3rd team like Phoenix or Chicago to get that 6-7 pick if they don't like Lonzo.

If we do that, can we afford Kyrie too?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#196 » by Michael Lucky » Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Cam Reddish is god aweful offensively. He shouldnt even sniff the lottery. Lol
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#197 » by stan francisco » Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 pm

leeprettyp wrote:If the AD trade cant be done.

I'm fine with keeping the pick and drafting Reddish (He fits with what we have with this young core)

Ball
Reddish
Ingram
Kuz
Hart off the bench

I think we need to start thinking long term despite LBJ if the AD or even Beal trade(which is media driven WAS hasn't even given a leak he's available) can't be made.

I'm okay with riding the wave of those young guys above and signing shooters and bigs with the cap space. Fill out a competitive roster.

This. A complete roster complementing each others talents and shortcomings, unlike the 15 play making winner strategy Magic tried.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#198 » by stan francisco » Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:The Pelicans NEED a point guard. The Lakers have the best assets to fill that need. Plus the shooters, picks etc

The Pelicans will get to the playoffs without us giving them the best defensive young PG in the league.

Let’s trade LBJ for AD or Zion if we can. Keep the youth.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#199 » by supaflash » Thu May 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Please no Cam Reddish... ugh.

The more I look at Garland's scouting reports the more I'm ok with him, he plays a very multi speed controlled game which is really nice at his age. He definitely looks like he has a true feel for the game and his shot is money. A little concerning he has some knee issues that young with that slight of a frame, but sometimes meniscus is just unlucky.

him and Bol are similar, two of the highest potentials, but lots of question marks with lack of game time and injury concerns. They could easily end up being two of the top 3 or 4 guys.

The Klutch connection is interesting, could definitely see that being a thing and us taking him.

If we keep the pick Garland,Hunter,Culver... I think they all fit and would be a good pickup.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#200 » by tviper » Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 pm

Penberthy wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:The AD trade is Lonzo + Ingram + Wagner + #4 + 2020 1st

If we do that, can we afford Kyrie too?

Yes, this trade would occur after Kyrie is signed (assuming he doesn't want to wait a month). In order for it to work, the #4 pick would have to be signed, after which 30 days needs to elapse before he can be traded. Maybe NO will be patient and take that offer, but would be quite the feeding frenzy for a month, considering other teams would be trying to get AD during that time.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers