Post#161 » by KobeBryant24 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:28 am

Kyrie wearing Lakers gear on 2k today :o
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#162 » by nzahir » Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 am

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Who are some room exception or vet min possibilities?

Depends who's on the team. There are plenty of good players but the MLE will be used to fill in a missing piece.

We don't get MLE though right? We are under cap, so we get room exception only once we use our space up
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#163 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:53 am

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Who are some room exception or vet min possibilities?

Depends who's on the team. There are plenty of good players but the MLE will be used to fill in a missing piece.

We don't get MLE though right? We are under cap, so we get room exception only once we use our space up

You have MLEs for either being above or below the cap. The one underneath is also known as the room exception.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
nzahir
RealGM

Post#164 » by nzahir » Fri May 17, 2019 5:18 am

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

You have MLEs for either being above or below the cap. The one underneath is also known as the room exception.

Well thats what confused me

MLE is generally referred to as the larger figure, while smaller figure is room exception

I think this guy is only super important if we sign Kawhi/Kyrie/Butler(meh on max) and then move for AD

Have a core of Lonzo, Lebron, AD, max guy, and the room exception.

If we miss out on Kyrie or Kawhi, a nice scenario would be middleton taking like 27M a year, keeping bullock with his cap hold, and having room exception. But I bet Middleton stays realistically. Maybe Tobias Harris, but thats a lot for him. Still would be solid

Lonzo, Bullock, Lebron, Tobias, AD
Use room on a decent wing defender if possible.

Or try to get Tobias for like 25M (doubtful) and then have about 7M a year for Danny Green on a 4 year deal. Released bullock hold in this scenario
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#165 » by tviper » Fri May 17, 2019 5:23 am

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Right, in order to use cap room, for example to sign a max FA, the team has to renounce all of its free agents and exceptions that could have been used if the team was over the cap. The room exception is the one the team can use after it renounces the others, but it is smaller. This year, the non-taxpayer MLE is $9,246,000 and the Room is $4,760,000. There is also a b-annual exception, but that too must be renounced to use cap room. Thus, assuming that the Lakers are able to land a max FA, the only way to add additional players is via minimum contracts (e.g., McGee, Chandler, etc.) and trades. This is why it is difficult to envision how a trade for AD would be beneficial if all of the young players are traded for him. The team would have zero depth and it isn't like AD and whoever they land (Kawhi, Kyrie) are going to play all 82.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#166 » by nzahir » Fri May 17, 2019 5:27 am

tviper wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:We don't get MLE though right? We are under cap, so we get room exception only once we use our space up

Right, in order to use cap room, for example to sign a max FA, the team has to renounce all of its free agents and exceptions that could have been used if the team was over the cap. The room exception is the one the team can use after it renounces the others, but it is smaller. This year, the non-taxpayer MLE is $9,246,000 and the Room is $4,760,000. There is also a b-annual exception, but that too must be renounced to use cap room. Thus, assuming that the Lakers are able to land a max FA, the only way to add additional players is via minimum contracts (e.g., McGee, Chandler, etc.) and trades. This is why it is difficult to envision how a trade for AD would be beneficial if all of the young players are traded for him. The team would have zero depth and it isn't like AD and whoever they land (Kawhi, Kyrie) are going to play all 82.

O so we can't even keep Bullock hold and use the room?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#167 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:32 am

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:We don't get MLE though right? We are under cap, so we get room exception only once we use our space up

Well thats what confused me

MLE is generally referred to as the larger figure, while smaller figure is room exception

I think this guy is only super important if we sign Kawhi/Kyrie/Butler(meh on max) and then move for AD

Have a core of Lonzo, Lebron, AD, max guy, and the room exception.

If we miss out on Kyrie or Kawhi, a nice scenario would be middleton taking like 27M a year, keeping bullock with his cap hold, and having room exception. But I bet Middleton stays realistically. Maybe Tobias Harris, but thats a lot for him. Still would be solid

Lonzo, Bullock, Lebron, Tobias, AD
Use room on a decent wing defender if possible.

Or try to get Tobias for like 25M (doubtful) and then have about 7M a year for Danny Green on a 4 year deal. Released bullock hold in this scenario

I'd have Middleton and Tobias way down the list tbh. I may not even go down that far. KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Kemba, Klay, Butler. One of those 6 otherwise I'd look for better value pieces to potentially package with picks for matured players mid-season.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#168 » by tviper » Fri May 17, 2019 5:49 am

nzahir wrote:
tviper wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

O so we can't even keep Bullock hold and use the room?

correct. maybe Bullock would sign for the room after being renounced, but doubtful.
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#169 » by Rosque » Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 am

KobeBryant24 wrote:Kyrie wearing Lakers gear on 2k today :o

Saw it as well. It's a done deal, IMO. :D
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#170 » by Danny Darko » Fri May 17, 2019 9:09 am

Read on Twitter
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#171 » by mcscotty » Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 am

A lineup that includes Jimmy Butler, Patrick Beverly, and Thad Young/Paul Milsap would be hard AF.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#172 » by Lakernut4ever » Fri May 17, 2019 11:12 am

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would entertain Kyrie..but after KD, Kawhi market dried up. Then desperation move is AD. Kyrie is not worth the troubles.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,309

Post#173 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Lakernut4ever wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would entertain Kyrie..but after KD, Kawhi market dried up. Then desperation move is AD. Kyrie is not worth the troubles.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#174 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 17, 2019 4:49 pm

I belive Kyrie is in serious play here, because i believe KD popped his Achilles. Who is going to NY with a guy who cant play. Or will be out for an extended period of time.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#175 » by NBAWestFan » Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 pm

Shooters; JJ Redick, Mirotic, Brooke Lopez (Robert Horry) Plays hard only in the Playoffs and makes 3's
Defense: Beverly, Robin Lopez ( Rebounds)

Get Shooters and Rebounders.

Keep Rondo
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#176 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:Shooters; JJ Redick, Mirotic, Brooke Lopez (Robert Horry) Plays hard only in the Playoffs and makes 3's

Keep Rondo

You lost me at that last part. Never keep rondo
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#177 » by wco81 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:58 pm

Are the Lakers chances for signing a max FA hampered because Magic is gone?

Is Pelinka going to be the one trying to close the deal?
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#178 » by zuju » Sat May 18, 2019 5:06 am

NBAWestFan wrote:Shooters; JJ Redick, Mirotic, Brooke Lopez (Robert Horry) Plays hard only in the Playoffs and makes 3's

Keep Rondo

That's what I hope for as well. The lopez brothers teaming up would be funny.
Rondo is a must keep if we are to lure AD to the Lakers. He likes Rondo so much back then

I would also keep Lance "the guitarist" Stephenson as well. A better player than Hart as our back up PG/SG/SF at this point.Bullock could be considered as well with his very good 3-pt shooting.

KCP, Muscala and Chandler should be let go
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#179 » by Pythagoras » Sat May 18, 2019 10:58 am

RamonSessions7 wrote:

Keep Rondo

You lost me at that last part. Never keep rondo

This. I can’t believe people want to keep Rondo.
Numbers rule the universe.
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#180 » by iQon » Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Toronto seems to be worthless outside of Kahwi. This is the first time that I've felt confident that we were actually in play for his services. If he actually wants help, it's not happening with that roster.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers