ImageImageImage

The Knicks Scenario

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,327

Re: The Knicks Scenario 

Post#581 » by DK-All Day » Tue May 14, 2019 8:49 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Did the actual draw behind the scenes happen yet?
Handsome.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,676

Post#582 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 pm

If the Knicks don’t win the lottery their fans should be on suicide watch. I know they where awful and they didn’t have to tank but it would be hilarious. I still don’t see a championship team even if they get kyrie and Durant.
Grooverider
Senior
And1: 882

Post#583 » by Grooverider » Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 am

yeahM8 wrote:
Grooverider wrote:Then he can have it. He will also be leaving a bunch of money on the table. Is Kyrie and KD enough to win a championship? Not sure about that.

Wait grooverider is a Celtics fan? Fabio too?

Big up

Haha

You got that right homie lol
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#584 » by djFan71 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:55 am

Assuming Knicks are out on AD, but getting Kyrie & KD. Who could you flip #3 and DSJ salary for that's not AD?

#3 and DSJ for Josh Richardson
#3 and DSJ, Knox for Aaron Gordon
#3 and DSJ for..... Tatum/Yabu/Wanamaker

Probably not enough, but if you throw in a DAL pick or 2????

The Aaron Gordon one could work for both sides, I think. They play Barrett/Isaac/Bamba as their frontline of the future and get a DAL pick. The scrubmatch out Fultz and DSJ, lol.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#585 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri May 17, 2019 2:36 am

djFan71 wrote:Assuming Knicks are out on AD, but getting Kyrie & KD. Who could you flip #3 and DSJ salary for that's not AD?

The Aaron Gordon one could work for both sides, I think. They play Barrett/Isaac/Bamba as their frontline of the future and get a DAL pick. The scrubmatch out Fultz and DSJ, lol.

josh richardson?
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#586 » by djFan71 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:52 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Assuming Knicks are out on AD, but getting Kyrie & KD. Who could you flip #3 and DSJ salary for that's not AD?

josh richardson?

Dude would be perfect next to kD, Kyrie. Good shooter, can create a little. Perfect 3rd scorer. Good defender. Contract is great as well. Locked in for a while, cheap. 3 might be a little much, but adding Bam or 13 seems a little much the other way. I feel like something could be figured out.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#587 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri May 17, 2019 5:16 am

Getting a top three pick and another young talented (but flawed) player on their rookie scale contract (or two of them with the second option) for players like Richardson and Gordon would be daylight robbery in my opinion. They are nice enough players, but they are higher end role players (again, in my opinion). I don't think either of them are ever sniffing an All Star game for example. But I imagine Orlando or Miami would probably say yes very quickly. New York on the other hand I think would hang up the phone pretty quickly.

The third option is probably closer to equal value if you truly thought someone who will be available at three in this draft could be better than Tatum. I don't think that is the case, Tatum still has All Star and possibly All NBA talent, and he has shown it in the playoffs already. I don't follow college ball at all, but from what I hear a player like Barrett is certainly no sure thing is he?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#588 » by djFan71 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:

Getting a top three pick and another young talented (but flawed) player on their rookie scale contract (or two of them with the second option) for players like Richardson and Gordon would be daylight robbery in my opinion. They are nice enough players, but they are higher end role players (again, in my opinion). I don't think either of them are ever sniffing an All Star game for example. But I imagine Orlando or Miami would probably say yes very quickly. New York on the other hand I think would hang up the phone pretty quickly.

The third option is probably closer to equal value if you truly thought someone who will be available at three in this draft could be better than Tatum. I don't think that is the case, Tatum still has All Star and possibly All NBA talent, and he has shown it in the playoffs already. I don't follow college ball at all, but from what I hear a player like Barrett is certainly no sure thing is he?

Mainly spitballing to see what nyk could do. I don’t think the number 3 helps kD and Kyrie next year. But ny doesn’t have a ton of salary to work with,hence including dsj. Even then, it’s hard to find better players that could be available in that 12-20M salary range c if you add other guys like Frank or Knox.

Everyone keeps saying this draft is weak, and Gordon and Richardson are both really good. The potential of Barrett in 3 years doesn’t matter to KD when he’s 33 years old. I know the Knicks have mortgaged the future before in vain. But, if they get KD and Kyrie, now is the right time to do it. I bet ORL fans scream bloody murder if you propose that deal. Not sure on MIA, but Josh was their best player this year.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#589 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 am

djFan71 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:

josh richardson?

Dude would be perfect next to kD, Kyrie. Good shooter, can create a little. Perfect 3rd scorer. Good defender. Contract is great as well. Locked in for a while, cheap. 3 might be a little much, but adding Bam or 13 seems a little much the other way. I feel like something could be figured out.

No I just find it weird that you think tatum and Richardson are on the same level. I thought I was missing something with him, or you're really down on tatum
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#590 » by djFan71 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:
josh richardson?

No I just find it weird that you think tatum and Richardson are on the same level. I thought I was missing something with him, or you're really down on tatum

Nah, each deal would have to be tweaked for fairness,.I was just trying to get the main pieces and salary right.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#591 » by Bleeding Green » Fri May 17, 2019 7:01 am

Josh Richardson is a nice player, but I can't imagine he will get much better. Jayson Tatum has a very clear and obvious path to getting better: just be not the worst player in the entire NBA at midrange iso plays, and to do so you just have to take much fewer awful shots. Should be very easy. Josh Richardson is what he is and he's on a nice contract so that's nice, and if he were on the Warriors or the Bucks or the Raptors, he'd be amazing and people would be watching him and screaming, "wow this guy is awesome". But if you're a lottery team looking to be good in 3 years, your main priority isn't nice player on a nice contract. You want the guys with the highest reasonable ceiling.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#592 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri May 17, 2019 7:11 am

djFan71 wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

Mainly spitballing to see what nyk could do. I don’t think the number 3 helps kD and Kyrie next year. But ny doesn’t have a ton of salary to work with,hence including dsj. Even then, it’s hard to find better players that could be available in that 12-20M salary range c if you add other guys like Frank or Knox.

Everyone keeps saying this draft is weak, and Gordon and Richardson are both really good. The potential of Barrett in 3 years doesn’t matter to KD when he’s 33 years old. I know the Knicks have mortgaged the future before in vain. But, if they get KD and Kyrie, now is the right time to do it. I bet ORL fans scream bloody murder if you propose that deal. Not sure on MIA, but Josh was their best player this year.

I guess the way I see it is I don’t think it would be good decision (and I would not be very happy as a fan) if the Celtics were to trade the third pick in the draft and a player like Terry Rozier for a player like Richardson or Gordon. I see top three picks as the sort of assets you need to get an All Star level player like Davis.

I get what you mean that the Knicks might not want to add a rookie if they get Irving and Durant, I would imagine they would be setting their sights a bit higher though.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#593 » by djFan71 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:I guess the way I see it is I don’t think it would be good decision (and I would not be very happy as a fan) if the Celtics were to trade the third pick in the draft and a player like Terry Rozier for a player like Richardson or Gordon. I see top three picks as the sort of assets you need to get an All Star level player like Davis.

I get what you mean that the Knicks might not want to add a rookie if they get Irving and Durant, I would imagine they would be setting their sights a bit higher though.

I hear ya, the options are a bit underwhelming to me even. I was just throwing some stuff out. 3rd is just a tough level, esp given the opinions on this draft. Assuming you can't get AD with it, there's a drop off in signed, tradeable stars in the salary range the Knicks could acquire. The last 10 3rd picks:

Doncic, Tatum, Brown, Okafor, Embiid, Porter, Beal, Kanter, Favors, Harden

I think you'd trade 3 of them for Gordon: Porter, Kanter, Favors. Brown is probably a toss up. The rest you wouldn't.

Other options (some would take even more players for salary): Blake, Conley, Jrue, DeMar, Wiggins, Drummond, Adams, Whiteside, Gallo, Gary Harris. So.... Gordon starts looking pretty good.

But, I've probably spent too much time trying to help the Knicks as is, so I'll just let this die. :)
Thanks for playing along, though. I just like talking about this stuff.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#594 » by Darth Celtic » Fri May 17, 2019 3:55 pm

djFan71 wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

I can tell you, the #3 pick in this draft is not worth much. I has value, but not value that it's had the last 3-4 drafts. This is more like Gainnis's draft. You might find a all star or MVP past 2, but odds are more likely you get a 5 year and out nba player instead.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#595 » by Darth Celtic » Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm

Knicks fans after the Lotto

MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#596 » by sam_I_am » Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:Knicks fans after the Lotto

Great 80s movie!
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,115

Post#597 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat May 18, 2019 8:57 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:Knicks fans after the Lotto

Great 80s movie!

Had this on tape. I must have seen it a dozen times at least.

“You got to grab it with both hands and hold on tight!”
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#598 » by grindtime22 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

I can tell you, the #3 pick in this draft is not worth much. I has value, but not value that it's had the last 3-4 drafts. This is more like Gainnis's draft. You might find a all star or MVP past 2, but odds are more likely you get a 5 year and out nba player instead.

I think #3 is still worth quite a bit, although some may disagree. I think Barrett has at least the value of 2016 #3 when we selected Jaylen after a clear 1-2 of Simmons, Ingram. There were probably 6 players that could have gone #3 in that draft though. The drop to #4 in this draft is very steep. The #4 pick in this draft probably equals #10 in 2017, maybe a pick or 2 later in 2018.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#599 » by Floody100 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:19 pm

As depressing as it is, I’m starting to accept that this is bound to happen.

At least it isn’t the Lakers I guess lol
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#600 » by London2Boston » Sun May 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Floody100 wrote:As depressing as it is, I’m starting to accept that this is bound to happen.

At least it isn’t the Lakers I guess lol

KD and Kyrie is a formality.

AD too and I may just never watch sports again between the NBA and Man United. :banghead:

Return to Boston Celtics