ImageImageImageImage

2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: 2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in! 

Post#61 » by Skin » Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 pm

I wonder if the Suns would do Jackson for Augustin. They need a nice veteran PG.

Jackson hasn't done himself any favors, but I do like his raw talent. I think he has the makings of a solid defender and he showed signs of improving his 3 point percentage.

Rather have Oubre though.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#62 » by tiderulz » Fri May 17, 2019 12:50 am

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Read what Suns fans think about him, ones who actually watch him play.
He is probably one of most hated second year players in sports, among own fans.

What type of character thinks that being 6'8 with afro hair, with handcuffs on him , will be able to run away from police? That thing alone just shows how st000pid that boy is ( is Takashi his favorite singer? I bet yes ...)
Or he runned because he had to get rid of something. Witch is even worst.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/5/13/18618061/josh-jackson-arrested-at-rolling-loud-music-festival-phoenix-suns

just read this , there is 341 comment of Suns fans, they even qouted him when he said he played good basketball. That level of delusion when you have been by stats the worst starter in basketball, yet deflect all critic toward you.

lots of players have been hated by their own fans, who ended up decent players. shoot, people originally thought Shaq wasnt worth a max extension.

its all about cost vs reward. If I could get Jackson for a 2nd round pick right now, because of his mistake, i would jump all over it. What is the cost? another Melvin Frazier? for someone with Jacksons ability. his problem is consistency not ability. his rookie year, in Feb and March he put up 17/5 albeit with bad 3 pt shooting, and he put up 14/5 in January. ability is there to me, he just needs better coaching and to mature.

What is the cost? Try with $7M this year , 4th year option on $9M for player that for two years in a row belongs to the bottom of the league when it comes to impact, efficiency and overall performance.

his rookie year, in Feb and March he put up 17/5 albeit with bad 3 pt shooting

During his "breakout March" they lost 13 games in a row. 6 of 13 games were blowouts.

and he put up 14/5 in January.

Lost 13 out of 15 there, highest scoring game vs Minny, 27 points during 27 points blowout.

Again, combination of salary, draft bust label , complete lack of self awareness, complete lack of respect to fans or team in general, lack of basketball skills, lack of work ethic to get better, ignorance and arrogance about his currrent skills paint perfect picture of american Darko Milčić. Guy who was simply wracking ball on and off the court.

Oh on top of all his idiotic moves, during rookie year he made firing gun gesture toward Clippers fan and than told him " F you"... What is more hilarious is him trying to "clear the air
“That’s what most people thought I was going but I actually wasn’t making a gun,” Jackson told azcentral.com, adding: “I kind of wanted to put up the middle finger to him but I didn’t do that because I felt like I was really being watched so I kind of halfway did it.”

Got fined 35 K, learned nothing ,as usual.

Unread post#10 » by Blonde » Mon May 13, 2019 10:03 pm

What an absolute bum. I hate how wrong I’ve been about this guy.

This type of " get rid of him ASAP " are all over the place. He is simply bad player and immature person and pretty ignorant about both. Darko is best comp i could come up with, Darious MIles is probaly second, but Miles was fool ,but talented one. Jackson's basketball talent at this point is questionable. He is only good at super low efficiency chucking with terrible defense and bad BBIQ.

so it was JAckson's fault they lost? he lost his starting position this year and they still lost. they lost before they got there. So JJ getting his points was not the reason PHX lost. and not sure why you are quoting "breakout March" as i didnt say that.
Skin
RealGM

Post#63 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 1:25 am

Solid Snake wrote:Still with the Kelly oubre stuff? Foh with that, he's the new Jason Thompson

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

What do you not like about Oubre?
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#64 » by KillMonger » Fri May 17, 2019 1:30 am

Skin wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:Still with the Kelly oubre stuff? Foh with that, he's the new Jason Thompson

I could take him or leave him, for me it just seemed so Random to all of a sudden to say Kelly oubre. Just like it was with Jason Thompson, it was inexplicable people just all of a sudden out of nowhere wanted Jason Thompson for no reason.

Skin
RealGM

Post#65 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 1:51 am

Solid Snake wrote:
Skin wrote:

I could take him or leave him, for me it just seemed so Random to all of a sudden to say Kelly oubre. Just like it was with Jason Thompson, it was inexplicable people just all of a sudden out of nowhere wanted Jason Thompson for no reason.

As far as FA targets go, I can't imagine the list of targets would be that long. Why wouldn't he fit the criteria we are looking for?

You asked earlier, what would we do with our cap space? What FA would choose to come to a small market team? What players fit the WeHam mold?

He's young, 23 years old looking for his first big contract over joining a contender. That fits.
He started to emerge as a scorer last season when he got traded to PHX. Leaving a crowded situation in PHX for an open opportunity in ORL. That fits.
He's 6'7, with a 7'3 wingspan. That fits.
Can play SG or SF. That fits.
Plays above the rim, plays defense, plays with attitude and is the type of player that bonds team relationships in the lockerroom. Cherry on top.

What the problems are is that he is Restricted. PHX could match, so we would have to make it hard on them.

Why is this so random when majority of our draft talk is centered around SG/SF prospects?
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#66 » by Bonafide89 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 am

Skin wrote:I wonder if the Suns would do Jackson for Augustin. They need a nice veteran PG.

Jackson hasn't done himself any favors, but I do like his raw talent. I think he has the makings of a solid defender and he showed signs of improving his 3 point percentage.

Jackson seems like a headcase. DJ is well respected by our organization as a mature leader and good example for our locker room, so I'd be surprised if WeltHam gave up DJ for a guy who may require policing for a bit. Our FO has shown time and time again how much they value character.

When I heard about the whole VIP incident, the first thing that came to my mind was, JI would never!

The other thing that concerns me with Jackson is that he reminds me of Hezonja in the sense that he only seems to play his best when everyone else is injured and they have to lean on him for production.
Skin
RealGM

Post#67 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 3:34 am

Bonafide89 wrote:
Skin wrote:I wonder if the Suns would do Jackson for Augustin. They need a nice veteran PG.

Jackson seems like a headcase. DJ is well respected by our organization as a mature leader and good example for our locker room, so I'd be surprised if WeltHam gave up DJ for a guy who may require policing for a bit. Our FO has shown time and time again how much they value character.

When I heard about the whole VIP incident, the first thing that came to my mind was, JI would never!

Yeah, but let's be real. PHX would laugh and hang up the phone if that was our offer.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#68 » by KillMonger » Fri May 17, 2019 4:03 am

Skin wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:
Skin wrote:What do you not like about Oubre?

As far as FA targets go, I can't imagine the list of targets would be that long. Why wouldn't he fit the criteria we are looking for?

You asked earlier, what would we do with our cap space? What FA would choose to come to a small market team? What players fit the WeHam mold?

He's young, 23 years old looking for his first big contract over joining a contender. That fits.
He started to emerge as a scorer last season when he got traded to PHX. Leaving a crowded situation in PHX for an open opportunity in ORL. That fits.
He's 6'7, with a 7'3 wingspan. That fits.
Can play SG or SF. That fits.
Plays above the rim, plays defense, plays with attitude and is the type of player that bonds team relationships in the lockerroom. Cherry on top.

What the problems are is that he is Restricted. PHX could match, so we would have to make it hard on them.

Why is this so random when majority of our draft talk is centered around SG/SF prospects?

i mean.....we already got oubre.....long wingspan......6"7......can play SG or SF.......plays above the rim.....defense....attitude....24 years old
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,285

Post#69 » by pepe1991 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:28 am

Seems to be it's just weird fascination with flopped lottery picks where fans are in denial about their true level of skills because in past they were told that they will be great players with huge upside.

btw since when Oubre become good defender ? since you edited him on 2K or?

He isn't bad player but isn't anything special. Career 9,4 ppg, 0,8 apg, player on 49% eFG and below average TS.

I don't see much reason to put too big stock on his performance on Suns, during 40 games he played there, they got blown up 16 times. It's impossible to put too much stock in that production.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#70 » by tiderulz » Fri May 17, 2019 1:27 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Seems to be it's just weird fascination with flopped lottery picks where fans are in denial about their true level of skills because in past they were told that they will be great players with huge upside.

He isn't bad player but isn't anything special. Career 9,4 ppg, 0,8 apg, player on 49% eFG and below average TS.

I don't see much reason to put too big stock on his performance on Suns, during 40 games he played there, they got blown up 16 times. It's impossible to put too much stock in that production.

i love how you think your opinion of a player is heads and shoulders above anyone else, and that is why they are in "denial" about the "true" value of a player.

and the career stats of any player that is young and isnt an immediate starter will always look low.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#71 » by pepe1991 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Seems to be it's just weird fascination with flopped lottery picks where fans are in denial about their true level of skills because in past they were told that they will be great players with huge upside.

i love how you think your opinion of a player is heads and shoulders above anyone else, and that is why they are in "denial" about the "true" value of a player.

and the career stats of any player that is young and isnt an immediate starter will always look low.

Becausae this forum has trackrecord of desire and love for :
Terry Rozier
Jason Thompson
Elfrid Payton
Mario Hezonja
Josh Jackson
Kelly Oubre
Brandon Knight
Biyombo
Frye
Shabazz Napier
Anthony Bennett ( yes , there was thread about him in 2015)
Until midway through this season posters wanted Wigginst

So yea, i do view my opinion of some players head and shoulders over opinions of some others, because i simply have better trackrecord of judging talents than some. Does it mean i don't F it up sometimes ? No , i thought Tatum will be meh, that Young will be worst, but for majority of players up (Biyombo, Wiggins, Knight, Payton, Rozier ) i was spot on way before it become common sense.

Also i DON'T think Oubre is terrible, i just don't think he will be worth his +$15M he will get if somebody pulls him away from RFA status ( $17M was needed for Crabbe and Hardaway to lure them out of restriction ).
Jackson is different story, i expect him to play in China in 2022.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#72 » by tiderulz » Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Terry Rozier
Jason Thompson
Elfrid Payton
Mario Hezonja
Josh Jackson
Kelly Oubre
Brandon Knight
Biyombo
Frye
Shabazz Napier

So yea, i do view my opinion of some players head and shoulders over opinions of some others, because i simply have better trackrecord of judging talents than some. Does it mean i don't F it up sometimes ? No , i thought Tatum will be meh, that Young will be worst, but for majority of players up (Biyombo, Wiggins, Knight, Payton, Rozier ) i was spot on way before it become common sense.

Also i DON'T think Oubre is terrible, i just don't think he will be worth his +$15M he will get if somebody pulls him away from RFA status ( $17M was needed for Crabbe and Hardaway to lure them out of restriction ).

its not this forum, its individual people wondering about a player here or there. and i dont know anyone that liked Biyombo. and i dont believe anyone would have wanted Bennett, regardless if there was a thread or not.
Skin
RealGM

Post#73 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Terry Rozier
Jason Thompson
Elfrid Payton
Mario Hezonja
Josh Jackson
Kelly Oubre
Brandon Knight
Biyombo
Frye
Shabazz Napier

Show us the list of times you've been right about a prospect and he ended up being good? You're not known for anyone other than passionately defending Hezonja.
Skin
RealGM

Post#74 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Terry Rozier
Jason Thompson
Elfrid Payton
Mario Hezonja
Josh Jackson
Kelly Oubre
Brandon Knight
Biyombo
Frye
Shabazz Napier

This is ridiculous. You can go to any forum on any website where hundreds of posters shared ideas or wondered about the what ifs about certain players and come up with your own list of cherry picked instances where a few guys said something that stuck in your head where they were wrong because you wanted to make it a memory of them being wrong. What a fricken joke coming from a guy who's only known for passionately supporting Mario Hezonja and telling everyone else how wrong they are about everything else.
Skin
RealGM

Post#75 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 pm

What if you had judged Tobias Harris based on his career stats at MIL?

You're missing the ability to scout and project a player based on your feelings of how they can fulfill their talent and potential when you only look at historical stats. Can you judge a players hustle, hunger, work ethic, character, BBIQ, measurables, etc from a box score? Because all of that kind of stuff can go into determining whether a player can improve.

One thing I liked about Henny was his scouting eye. He went for guys he liked (and it didn't always work), but you could tell that he had a skill in noticing traits in young players and he made efforts to bring them into our system and see if we could squeeze it out of them. Overall he did well above average with the resources he had.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#76 » by OrlandoNed » Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Skin wrote:

What if you had judged Tobias Harris based on his career stats at MIL?

You're missing the ability to scout and project a player based on your feelings of how they can fulfill their talent and potential when you only look at historical stats. Can you judge a players hustle, hunger, work ethic, character, BBIQ, measurables, etc from a box score? Because all of that kind of stuff can go into determining whether a player can improve.

One thing I liked about Henny was his scouting eye. He went for guys he liked (and it didn't always work), but you could tell that he had a skill in noticing traits in young players and he made efforts to bring them into our system and see if we could squeeze it out of them. Overall he did well above average with the resources he had.

Hennigan had an eye for talent on the floor, outside that he was terrible. One of the only things he was good at, outside his eye for talent, was knowing to trade his veterans at the deadline before they leave in free agency.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#77 » by pepe1991 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i love how you think your opinion of a player is heads and shoulders above anyone else, and that is why they are in "denial" about the "true" value of a player.

Terry Rozier
Jason Thompson
Elfrid Payton
Mario Hezonja
Josh Jackson
Kelly Oubre
Brandon Knight
Biyombo
Frye
Shabazz Napier

Show us the list of times you've been right about a prospect and he ended up being good? You're not known for anyone other than passionately defending Hezonja.

I gave up on Hezonja after year and half. Literally. I'll post proof of it when i get home. Lol
I think playing time Hez got during tanking years was laughable but i was not blind to see his inability to impact game.
Skin
RealGM

Post#78 » by Skin » Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Terry Rozier
Jason Thompson
Elfrid Payton
Mario Hezonja
Josh Jackson
Kelly Oubre
Brandon Knight
Biyombo
Frye
Shabazz Napier

I gave up on Hezonja after year and half. Literally. I'll post proof of it when i get home. Lol
I think playing time Hez got during tanking years was laughable but i was not blind to see his inability to impact game.

I don't need proof. The one guy you're known for supporting hard busted. It is what it is.

You love criticizing players and other posters who like them, but don't really have credibility to stand on your own.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#79 » by basketballRob » Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:yeah, but you call anyone that doesnt show star potential their first year a scrub, so there's that.

What type of character thinks that being 6'8 with afro hair, with handcuffs on him , will be able to run away from police? That thing alone just shows how st000pid that boy is ( is Takashi his favorite singer? I bet yes ...)

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/5/13/18618061/josh-jackson-arrested-at-rolling-loud-music-festival-phoenix-suns

just read this , there is 341 comment of Suns fans, they even qouted him when he said he played good basketball. That level of delusion when you have been by stats the worst starter in basketball, yet deflect all critic toward you.

lots of players have been hated by their own fans, who ended up decent players. shoot, people originally thought Shaq wasnt worth a max extension.

its all about cost vs reward. If I could get Jackson for a 2nd round pick right now, because of his mistake, i would jump all over it. What is the cost? another Melvin Frazier? for someone with Jacksons ability. his problem is consistency not ability. his rookie year, in Feb and March he put up 17/5 albeit with bad 3 pt shooting, and he put up 14/5 in January. ability is there to me, he just needs better coaching and to mature.
I think if Jackson was a second round pick he'd be out of the league already. No one wants a guy with an attitude and only producing stats is because they're giving him the opportunities.

At least they still have Bender.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#80 » by tiderulz » Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 pm

basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I think if Jackson was a second round pick he'd be out of the league already. No one wants a guy with an attitude and only producing stats is because they're giving him the opportunities.

At least they still have Bender.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

that describes a lot of young players. we have a starting SF that didnt even average 10 ppg this year. Jackson who only started 29 games put up 11/4 and same 3 pt % as Isaac. and yet Isaac is seen as a "core" player.

Return to Orlando Magic