ImageImageImageImageImage

All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Re: All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin 

Post#261 » by Michael Lucky » Sat May 18, 2019 5:21 pm

No thanks to Hunter. Cant create off the dribble, has a lower ceiling. I would be pissed as well if we wasted a pick on that guy.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#262 » by TyCobb » Sat May 18, 2019 5:25 pm

lmao such bull. I'll just ignore.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#263 » by TyCobb » Sat May 18, 2019 5:26 pm

ROballer wrote:And dropped 10,11,14,10 in the previous 4 games prior to the Championship game and still got through. Yeah, **** consistent, I'll give you that. He had a stacked team like crazy and a lot of luck being in the Championship game in the first place.

He looks better than he is because of his teammates. Put the ball in his hands and ask him to run the team like Culver did all year and he's a late 1st rounder.

Culver is by far the better playmaker, can create his own shot while Hunter can't really do that, they're both elite defenders so that's a wash. Hunter is a better shooter but not having all the attention on you really **** helps your percentages. He took a lot of set open 3's all year while Culver didn't.

And he's 1.5 years older. He'll be a 22 year old rookie, he has no business being a 4th pick.

:roll:

Save me Hunter for our league then.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#264 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 5:32 pm

:lol: :lol: I'll do that.
Doesn't assist, doesn't get defensive stats, won't score a lot because he needs to be spoon fed to score, he's not ISO'ing his way to points in the NBA. Perfect for your team. 8-)

Yeah, he's **** 3D. Whoever called him that nailed it.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#265 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 5:33 pm

I'd rather go berserk and draft Louis King before I ever consider Hunter at #4 tbh.

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#266 » by TyCobb » Sat May 18, 2019 5:45 pm

ROballer wrote::lol: :lol: I'll do that.
Doesn't assist, doesn't get defensive stats, won't score a lot because he needs to be spoon fed to score, he's not ISO'ing his way to points in the NBA. Perfect for your team. 8-)

This dude won Defensive Player of the Year in the ACC. :rofl: Just stop, RO. You're way off on this one. This dude is a perfect fit to contribute to the Lakers from day 1.

Culver works if Lebron isn't a Laker.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#267 » by Michael Lucky » Sat May 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Yeah he would be a good fit if we were picking late in the lottery. But we arent.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#268 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:29 pm

tlifeset wrote:The “every significant young player on our roster” package for AD rumor is a lie. It’s always been a lie manipulated by other teams and the pelicans themselves. I know for a fact that the Lakers fo never offered them that deal. Pelinka offered combinations of all the players, but never all together. Stupid brad turner got used like usual to perpetuate false stories.

Regarding the draft, Im going to keep an open mind through this process but it feels like the pick is garland. Just seems like with his Klutch rep, skill sets, j kidd hire, pulling him out of combines, etc. It all feels very Lakers-ish to build mystique around the player, but also because they might believe the Knicks arent as high on RJ as everyone else.

We will not trade the pick before FA starts, and I could see Garland having a lot of value around the league. And value to the Lakers org.

I think the Lakers ideal scenario is to draft Garland and sign Kawhi, and keep the young guys for one more year. Especially because they believe the new coaching staff will unlock their potential in a way that luke or his overmatched staff could not.

Not disagreeing w u at all, but curious how u know for a fact? Emplay is that u?
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,125

Post#269 » by jigga_man » Sat May 18, 2019 6:57 pm

Thoughts on Coby White? Even though he's a shoot first pg, his size makes him playable at the 2. Seems to be high on the boards looking at the mocks.

Regarding Culver vs. Hunter, I just hope the FO takes who they feel has the most potential if it comes down between those two. None of this who can help LeBron more crap.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#270 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 7:17 pm

TyCobb wrote:
ROballer wrote::lol: :lol: I'll do that.

This dude won Defensive Player of the Year in the ACC. :rofl: Just stop, RO. You're way off on this one. This dude is a perfect fit to contribute to the Lakers from day 1.

Culver works if Lebron isn't a Laker.

What? What exactly in my post is way off? He's the defensive player of the year in the ACC. So what? How is this relevent in fantasy basketball? Because that was my post all about.

He had 0.6 ste and 0.6 bpg per game. You call that getting "defensive stats" ? The post was made on your remark that you want Hunter in the fantasy league, in which I replied with facts. He doesn's assist, doesn't score a lot and doesn't get defensive stats, despite being the ACC Defensive player of the year. All of this is backed up by actual facts.
Mathysse Thybulle gets defensive stats. Brandon Clarke gets defensive stats. Deandre Hunter doesn't.
I don't give a **** if you consider the two lesser defenders, in fantasy basketball raw numbers matter and Hunter will not get the job done. These things translate like crazy, he's not gonna suddenly get them in the pro's.

And btw, Texas Tech was the best defensive team in the country and Culver was an instrumental part to that. He is on par with Hunter defensively, while Hunter is not on par with Culver with all things that are defined by "offense". Not even close.

Hunter can contribute right away because he's 3D. :D :D He stands around and hits the 3 when someone passes the ball, while defending at a high level. Glad we're on the same board on this one. 8-) 8-)

We shouldn't be drafting based on a 35 yr Lebron....

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#271 » by TyCobb » Sat May 18, 2019 7:35 pm

ROballer wrote:What? What exactly in my post is way off? He's the defensive player of the year in the ACC. So what? How is this relevent in fantasy basketball? Because that was my post all about.

He had 0.6 ste and 0.6 bpg per game. You call that getting "defensive stats" ? The post was made on your remark that you want Hunter in the fantasy league, in which I replied with facts. He doesn's assist, doesn't score a lot and doesn't get defensive stats, despite being the ACC Defensive player of the year. All of this is backed up by actual facts.
Mathysse Thybulle gets defensive stats. Brandon Clarke gets defensive stats. Deandre Hunter doesn't.
I don't give a **** if you consider the two lesser defenders, in fantasy basketball raw numbers matter and Hunter will not get the job done. These things translate like crazy, he's not gonna suddenly get them in the pro's.

And btw, Texas Tech was the best defensive team in the country and Culver was an instrumental part to that. He is on par with Hunter defensively, while Hunter is not on par with Culver with all things that are defined by "offense". Not even close.

Hunter can contribute right away because he's 3D. :D :D He stands around and hits the 3 when someone passes the ball, while defending at a high level. Glad we're on the same board on this one. 8-) 8-)

We shouldn't be drafting based on a 35 yr Lebron....

You realize Hunter locked Culver up? He went 5-22 lol. There's a reason why we're trying to sign players exactly like Hunter in FA in Butler and Kawhi. Again, I like Culver a lot, more than I like Garland. He's my 2nd choice behind Hunter. If Culver is our guy, then the pick is as good as traded.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#272 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Culver has struggled in both Final Four games, not just the Championship Game.
It happens to all perimeter guys who don't have a competent offensive cast. They were a juggernaut defensively but on offense they relied too much on Culver and at 20, it's understandable if he couldn't cope with the adversity of being the opp defense main and almost single focus.
I like Mooney but nobody will ever gameplan for him. They will for Culver though.

And Hunter is not Butler or Kawhi, he's not legit two way. Culver is.

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#273 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Trade pick 4 for 8 and 10. Select Clarke and Reddish.

Clarke is the right player for what the Lakers want to do. He should be the target as no one else from 4 onwards is a sure bet like he is.

Clarke is also the right PF fit for a C that Lakers want. Vucevic, Brook Lopez, Cousins or AD. Would also be an excellent small ball C. Someone to put on Giannis or KD. There is no other choice IMO.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ROballer
General Manager

Post#274 » by ROballer » Sat May 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Clarke has a 6'8 wingspan. I don't know how the **** he managed to block 3 shots a game and be that kind of a rim protector, but those T-Rex arms won't help him in the Pro's. Pass.

If we get 8 and 10 it should be Jaxson Hayes and Nickeil Alexander-Walker. I want no part of Reddish.
If we get two picks I think it's clear we need a C and a SG.

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#275 » by Kilroy » Sat May 18, 2019 8:58 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Trade pick 4 for 8 and 10. Select Clarke and Reddish.

Clarke is the right player for what the Lakers want to do. He should be the target as no one else from 4 onwards is a sure bet like he is.

Clarke is also the right PF fit for a C that Lakers want. Vucevic, Brook Lopez, Cousins or AD. Would also be an excellent small ball C. Someone to put on Giannis or KD. There is no other choice IMO.

Don't think 4 gets you 2 low lottery picks... Maybe 8 and a high 2nd rounder... But everything from 4 down all runs together in the lottery this season...

That said, I think we could really score at 4 if we are smart/lucky... I still say unless AD is a sure thing and doesn't require dumping all of Ball, Ingram, and Kuz, then I'd like to see us make the pick at 4 and see what we come up with.

I like Garland if for no other reason than he seems to be a pretty large Laker fan and might really value the chance to play here... I like Hunter too. Beyond that, I don't really know...
I'm kind of hoping for a brain fart in the 1-3 picks that lets us get one of those guys.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,633

Post#276 » by Duke4life831 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:No thanks to Hunter. Cant create off the dribble, has a lower ceiling. I would be pissed as well if we wasted a pick on that guy.

Barrett:
38% of shots at the rim
64% FG% at the rim
36% of shots at the rim were assisted on
.319 FT rate

Hunter:
35% of shots at the rim
68% FG% at the rim
33% of shots at the rim were assisted on
.398 FT rate

Its weird how one guy is known for being able to get his, while the other is known as a guy that cant create off the dribble. Its pretty crazy how powerful narratives can be. This also doesn't take into effect things like

3pt%:
RJ: 30%
Hunter: 43%

FT%:
RJ: 66%
Hunter 78%

Wingspan:
RJ: 6'10"
Hunter: 7'2"

Don't let the raw stats of Hunter fool you, UVA plays at the slowest pace in all of college basketball so Hunter's raw stats take a big time hit. But the dude can flat out play.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#277 » by Michael Lucky » Sat May 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:No thanks to Hunter. Cant create off the dribble, has a lower ceiling. I would be pissed as well if we wasted a pick on that guy.

Barrett:
38% of shots at the rim
64% FG% at the rim
.319 FT rate

Hunter:
35% of shots at the rim
68% FG% at the rim
.398 FT rate

Its weird how one guy is known for being able to get his, while the other is known as a guy that cant create off the dribble. Its pretty crazy how powerful narratives can be. This also doesn't take into effect things like

3pt%:

FT%:
Hunter 78%

Wingspan:

Don't let the raw stats of Hunter fool you, UVA plays at the slowest pace in all of college basketball so Hunter's raw stats take a big time hit. But the dude can flat out play.

Never said i was a huge fan of RJ either. At the same time Hunter is old and his stats should be more efficient after years of playing college ball.
iQon
Senior
And1: 168

Post#278 » by iQon » Sat May 18, 2019 10:01 pm

ROballer wrote:And dropped 10,11,14,10 in the previous 4 games prior to the Championship game and still got through. Yeah, **** consistent, I'll give you that. He had a stacked team like crazy and a lot of luck being in the Championship game in the first place.

He looks better than he is because of his teammates. Put the ball in his hands and ask him to run the team like Culver did all year and he's a late 1st rounder.

Culver is by far the better playmaker, can create his own shot while Hunter can't really do that, they're both elite defenders so that's a wash. Hunter is a better shooter but not having all the attention on you really **** helps your percentages. He took a lot of set open 3's all year while Culver didn't.

And he's 1.5 years older. He'll be a 22 year old rookie, he has no business being a 4th pick.

I mean, that's petrifying to think about and all, but... fortunately, we are not in dire need of the #4 pick to be our #1 guy any time soon. What's the point of saying he can't carry a team when we have the depth AND cap space that would realistically make him our 5th or 6th best scoring option going into the season?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,633

Post#279 » by Duke4life831 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Barrett:
38% of shots at the rim
64% FG% at the rim
.319 FT rate

Hunter:
35% of shots at the rim
68% FG% at the rim
.398 FT rate

3pt%:

FT%:
Hunter 78%

Wingspan:

Never said i was a huge fan of RJ either. At the same time Hunter is old and his stats should be more efficient after years of playing college ball.

I didn't say you were specifically a fan of RJ. I just brought up RJ because RJ is known as this guy that can get his own shot, yet you can make the argument that Hunter is more efficient at doing it. And ya Hunter is older, but I don't see RJ catching up with Hunter's shooting in 2 years, also RJ had the benefit of playing alongside the best player in college basketball, Hunter did not.

But again all of that aside, my main point was I think the idea of Hunter not being able to create his own shot is incorrect and the numbers back that up.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#280 » by Slava » Sat May 18, 2019 10:41 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Barrett:
38% of shots at the rim
64% FG% at the rim
.319 FT rate

Hunter:
35% of shots at the rim
68% FG% at the rim
.398 FT rate

3pt%:

FT%:
Hunter 78%

Wingspan:

What do you mean years of college ball? Hunter is a sophomore.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers