Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#781 » by cowboyronnie » Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Sorry, effeminate men, Sara McMann is back in July against Montona. U puny fukcs.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#782 » by REDDzone » Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Sorry, effeminate men, Sara McMann is back in July against Montona. U puny fukcs.

Nicco Montano defeats Sara McMann (arm triangle from top half guard, first round)
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#783 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm

It’s funny that Nico is actually moving up In weight.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thank you Clutch0z24
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#784 » by REDDzone » Fri May 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Gary Tonon wins again in ONE. That brings him to 5-0 in just over a year of fighting. Most of his opponents so far have been way more experienced than him but all around .500 records. The guy today though was 12-5 and Gary subbed him with nasty heel hook less than a minute in. Definitely one to monitor.

https://streamable.com/4y80w
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#785 » by REDDzone » Fri May 17, 2019 1:49 pm

lol (click to play)

Gfycat Video - Click to Play
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,132

Post#786 » by duppyy » Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#787 » by REDDzone » Fri May 17, 2019 2:33 pm

duppyy wrote:https://streamable.com/4y80w

Did you miss it in my post or was it a heel hook so nice, that you wanted to post it twice? 8-)
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,132

Post#788 » by duppyy » Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm

REDDzone wrote:
duppyy wrote:https://streamable.com/4y80w

Did you miss it in my post or was it a heel hook so nice, that you wanted to post it twice? 8-)

Needs to be posted twice....

lol sorry that Lima gify distracted me.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#789 » by REDDzone » Fri May 17, 2019 8:36 pm

What's particularly bad ass about the Tonon thing is that he came out and said he wanted to get the feel of fighting and get some cagetime in for his first few fights. And starting with this one (I think this was his first serious opponent), he was just going to come in and finish the fight ASAP. 55 seconds later....
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#790 » by TroyD92 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Totally OT, but did anyone watch Brendan Schaubs comedy special? Why did he lie about the Travis Browne fight ? He said the fight was for the title and people were screaming his name (I think he was like the 3rd or 4th fight on the card?). His “comedy” was utter **** btw.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,596

Post#791 » by Duke4life831 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:16 pm

REDDzone wrote:Gary Tonon wins again in ONE. That brings him to 5-0 in just over a year of fighting. Most of his opponents so far have been way more experienced than him but all around .500 records. The guy today though was 12-5 and Gary subbed him with nasty heel hook less than a minute in. Definitely one to monitor.

https://streamable.com/4y80w

Those Danaher death squad boys just seem to be on another level at the moment with their BJJ. Shouldn't be too much longer until Ryan makes his debut hopefully within the next year and a half (hopefully his knee heals up quick). His BJJ at 205 could be a big time game changer.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#792 » by cowboyronnie » Sat May 18, 2019 9:29 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Totally OT, but did anyone watch Brendan Schaubs comedy special? Why did he lie about the Travis Browne fight ? He said the fight was for the title and people were screaming his name (I think he was like the 3rd or 4th fight on the card?). His “comedy” was utter **** btw.

LOL. Really, he said that? A huge portion of his fanbase will be MMA fans, and that is not going to get passed many.

What's hilarious is, he might be one of the most successful people who were fighters of all time...? He makes millions upon millions of dollars every year. I bet he has come close to making 10 million in the past 3-4 years, easy. What other fighter can claim that? GSP?
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#793 » by TroyD92 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:47 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Totally OT, but did anyone watch Brendan Schaubs comedy special? Why did he lie about the Travis Browne fight ? He said the fight was for the title and people were screaming his name (I think he was like the 3rd or 4th fight on the card?). His “comedy” was utter **** btw.

LOL. Really, he said that? A huge portion of his fanbase will be MMA fans, and that is not going to get passed many.

What's hilarious is, he might be one of the most successful people who were fighters of all time...? He makes millions upon millions of dollars every year. I bet he has come close to making 10 million in the past 3-4 years, easy. What other fighter can claim that? GSP?

It’s so **** weird. I’ve never really cared for him, but I checked out the tfatk Reddit after watching and they all **** hate him lol. There’s a long list of things he lies about in general, but even on the special there are things that you can fact check to see they are fabrications. I get comedians embellish to tell a story, but outright lie...im not so sure lol
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,625

Post#794 » by lilfishi22 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:47 am

I listen to TFATK regularly mainly because there are some funny dick jokes occasionally which happens to be my type of humor but a lot of the hate relates to Brendan's treatment of Bryan Callen. When they first started Brendan was just a (financially) successful fighter doing a comedy/MMA podcast and he was humble and there was almost an equal standing between the two. Now that Brendan has a comedy career, he basically spends half of every episode **** on his comedy senior, regularly kills bits on the podcast, takes comedy bits from other comedians and throws it into podcast conversation and basically only got to this level of his comedy career because he's in with a pretty popular comedy circle (ROGAN, D'helia, Callen, basically anyone that's actually started from the bottom). If anyone listens to Congratulations podcast, he's the definition of a cuda

He is a beast of a marketer though
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#795 » by Bernman » Mon May 20, 2019 4:26 pm

TFATK never interested me, and it doesn't surprise me if his comedy special bombed, but he's great on the King and the Sting w/ Theo Von. That may be the best comedy podcast out there. They just go back and forth w/ barbs. He also regularly gets ko'ed verbally by Theo. It's worse than Rothwell did to him physically. But he just hangs in there, takes it, tries to swing back, and occasionally lands on the master. Maybe that's why he attempts to zing Callen so much now. Callen is a bit of a dick so that wouldn't bother me.

If The King and the Sting doesn't constitute an MMA show, then the best one on the internet may be MMAholes live. It's like a zany Japanese variety show or one that belongs on Adult Swim. It's very off the wall, but they pay a lot of attention to detail, and know enough about the sport. They have a solid following at 22k, but would expect several times that after seeing it. May be wasting their talents in a niche field.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#796 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 am

I haven't gotten into the King and the Sting, largely because I can't really handle more B. Schaub on a weekly basis and I'm not ready to drop TFATK yet. I have listened to a few clips and Schaub really just doesn't stand a chance when it comes to roast battles with a real comedian. He throws a lot at Callen because he knows Callen has the personality and the persona to take it on the chin so the bit is funny. Callen is essentially the punching bag of comedians nowadays. Although he does have some zingers himself occasionally.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#797 » by REDDzone » Tue May 21, 2019 1:58 pm

So in addition to the slapping and death threats, Paulie is now literally spitting on Artem? What a f*cking scumbag POS.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#798 » by Headliner » Tue May 21, 2019 2:42 pm

REDDzone wrote:So in addition to the slapping and death threats, Paulie is now literally spitting on Artem? What a f*cking scumbag POS.

Man I hope Artem just clobbers him.
It's not likely, but he needs to go in with the thought that this isn't going passed the 1st. He needs to just pepper him for the entire round and hope to clip him. He's not winning a technical fight and will be picked apart if he tries.
I hate Paulie though, just seems like a scumbag.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#799 » by cowboyronnie » Tue May 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Artem's got no hope other than to come out with a wildly non-boxing style. But that's a legit option. If Artem looks to play in the pocket with lots of movement at the hips, as he does usually, he will get pieced up. Obviously. But if he comes out **** wild, he might have a shot. You're allowed to grab the back of the head a fair bit in this, right? Like, pull it down and grab a plum? You could in that other org.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#800 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 pm

REDDzone wrote:So in addition to the slapping and death threats, Paulie is now literally spitting on Artem? What a f*cking scumbag POS.

Never followed Paulie's career but was he always this brash and antagonistic or is this a more Conor-related thing?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts