ImageImageImageImage

2019 Summer Orlando Magic Free Agency and trade

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Re: 2019 Summer Orlando Magic Free Agency and trade 

Post#101 » by zaymon » Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Its really interesting we interviewed Culver, becouse he would be perfect piece to our core. Sadly i dont see any scenarios to get him outside some serious slide.

I fully believe teams exist in the top 10 who see little gap between guys like Culver and NAW, Romero, KJ and others.

#16 (lower salary player) + a future pick could get it done if WeHam disagrees and sees Culver as a far superior talent.

i would be scared to trade our next year pick. we can easly go back to lottery. protected can be not enough.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#102 » by MagicFan101 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:00 pm

zaymon wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Its really interesting we interviewed Culver, becouse he would be perfect piece to our core. Sadly i dont see any scenarios to get him outside some serious slide.

I fully believe teams exist in the top 10 who see little gap between guys like Culver and NAW, Romero, KJ and others.

#16 (lower salary player) + a future pick could get it done if WeHam disagrees and sees Culver as a far superior talent.

i would be scared to trade our next year pick. we can easly go back to lottery. protected can be not enough.

If we trade this years pick it would have to be the 2021 pick, right?

Toss in top 5 protections which shouldn’t be hard to accept given we just made the playoffs.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#103 » by MagicMatic » Sat May 18, 2019 7:03 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:

Would love if we could land Culver somehow. I guess it depends on how the FO views the talent difference between Culver and a guy like NAW and how much that is worth.

Only having seen both a handful of times would you say that NAW is a better ballhandler/ creator and Culver is a better overall shooter/ scorer?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#104 » by MagicFan101 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:07 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Would love if we could land Culver somehow. I guess it depends on how the FO views the talent difference between Culver and a guy like NAW and how much that is worth.

Only having seen both a handful of times would you say that NAW is a better ballhandler/ creator and Culver is a better overall shooter/ scorer?

I haven’t followed this class the way I normally do given we weren’t headed for a top 5 pick.

I really only have scouting reports to go on which I don’t fully trust.

I’m just going into this draft relaxed and hoping they find a gem. I don’t have a love / hate for anyone.

*correction* : I don’t have a love / hate for anyone ... outside of Ja Morant.

Call me crazy but I am not on the Zion bandwagon. He will be a very good player. He might even be a multi-season all-star. But I don’t see a franchise changing MVP.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#105 » by zaymon » Sat May 18, 2019 7:17 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

In perfect scenario we would have Dj, Ross, Iwundu, Culver, Bamba bench rotation. I like it, every one of them is hard to play out of the floor come playoffs. Given how amazing Weltman is signing players from outside nba on minimal deals our late first round picks seems a little less valuable. I would live with this year and 2021 pick. But how far would he need to slide ? Cleveland seems first option (smaller), next is Atlanta #8. They like such a deals, but arent they to heavy on draft picks?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#106 » by MasterGMer » Sun May 19, 2019 12:43 am

Per report, Miami Heat is willing to give up the 11th pick to get Mike Conley and Miami Heat is the only team willing to give up its lottery pick.

Do you think Magic can get Mike Conley by shipping 16th pick plus Fournier or pieces?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#107 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun May 19, 2019 1:33 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I haven’t followed this class the way I normally do given we weren’t headed for a top 5 pick.

I really only have scouting reports to go on which I don’t fully trust.

I’m just going into this draft relaxed and hoping they find a gem. I don’t have a love / hate for anyone.

*correction* : I don’t have a love / hate for anyone ... outside of Ja Morant.

Call me crazy but I am not on the Zion bandwagon. He will be a very good player. He might even be a multi-season all-star. But I don’t see a franchise changing MVP.

I agree. I am very leary of a player who can only drive right handed. Even when he drives to the left, he tries to lay it up with his right. The NBA will be very unforgiving to players who are too one dimensional. Especially, a guy who doesn't have much of an outside shot and can only drive with his right hand.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#108 » by Bensational » Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 am

MasterGMer wrote:Per report, Miami Heat is willing to give up the 11th pick to get Mike Conley and Miami Heat is the only team willing to give up its lottery pick.

Do you think Magic can get Mike Conley by shipping 16th pick plus Fournier or pieces?

Where'd you read that? Good find! 16 and Fournier should compete with that, depending on how Memphis values Fournier, and who else Miami includes.

Would that mean Dragic would walk? Or they'd have 2 great PGs to run that team?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#109 » by Bensational » Sun May 19, 2019 2:31 am

Lakers reportedly wanting to target Beal. I felt like that would happen. Makes too much sense for both sides.

If the Knicks don't have any luck trading for AD, they should throw that offer at Washington for Beal. #3 + Thomas + Ntilikina + Knox/DSJ for Beal only eats up $10M of their cap space, leaving them $60M for two max/near max FAs. KD + Beal + Kyrie/Kemba will be contenders. And already having Beal on the roster would help lure those guys.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#110 » by MasterGMer » Sun May 19, 2019 2:32 am

Bensational wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:Per report, Miami Heat is willing to give up the 11th pick to get Mike Conley and Miami Heat is the only team willing to give up its lottery pick.

Where'd you read that? Good find! 16 and Fournier should compete with that, depending on how Memphis values Fournier, and who else Miami includes.

per Sean Deveney... I read it on another website. He did not mention the package. And I have no clue about Dragic. Miami Heat was interested before trade deadline.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#111 » by MagicFan101 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:01 am

Bensational wrote:

I saw the same report earlier.

I just don’t thinking taking back salary is intriguing to Memphis. Does Miami have the cap space to offer the pick straight up without matching salaries?

... I’m half drunk at the bar and don’t want to google.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#112 » by MasterGMer » Sun May 19, 2019 3:49 am

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#113 » by drsd » Wed May 22, 2019 10:53 am

MasterGMer wrote:Kevin Durant and NYK met in secret and had a handshake deal.'

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-new-york-kevin-durant-had-secret-meeting-reached-handshake-deal/

If this is true, the Knicks will be heavily punished. And Durant will be banned from signing with the Knicks. As such, this "rumor" is unfathomable.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#114 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 22, 2019 11:34 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Bensational wrote:

I saw the same report earlier.

I just don’t thinking taking back salary is intriguing to Memphis. Does Miami have the cap space to offer the pick straight up without matching salaries?

... I’m half drunk at the bar and don’t want to google.

Miami would send Whitesides expiring deal but I doubt Riley would let a rumor like this out there so in most cases where there are no true "sources", this is probably not true.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#115 » by tiderulz » Wed May 22, 2019 12:15 pm

drsd wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:Kevin Durant and NYK met in secret and had a handshake deal.'

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-new-york-kevin-durant-had-secret-meeting-reached-handshake-deal/

If this is true, the Knicks will be heavily punished. And Durant will be banned from signing with the Knicks. As such, this "rumor" is unfathomable.

bleh, nothing will be proven. Remember when Dwight met with Nets reps and nothing happened with that?
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#116 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Would absolutely love for us to take a shot at Tyus Jones in RFA.... yeah we have Fultz but if that doesn't work out (who knows) we're going to need something to work with. I'd take Tyus over MCW and Briscoe easily
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to Orlando Magic