ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1901 » by loveshaq786 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:29 am

What do you think the wizards would want for Bradley Beal?

Kcp s&t and ingram?
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1902 » by kblo247 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:10 am

loveshaq786 wrote:What do you think the wizards would want for Bradley Beal?

Kcp s&t and ingram?

Why the hell would KCP send himself to Washington ?
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1903 » by kblo247 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 am

Ball and cash to Chicago - 7th pick, Hart, 2nds, and Wagner to Washington - Beal to LA
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#1904 » by Doug_12 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 am

loveshaq786 wrote:
Doug_12 wrote:If we don't have a chance to sign Kawhi, my primary target would be Irving, and then a trade for Beal. That's a decent big 3 offensively and not good but w/ the right supporting staff not totally hopeless defensively.

Once it is done I'd try to collect other pieces for MLE and vet. min that can complement our 1-3 options: Horford (providing defense, mid range shooting and all around game as a C for MLE), Ariza (defense & some spot up shooting for min), Bullock (3pt shooting for min), McGee (size for min), Caruso (some scoring for min) and Rondo (playmaking & some defense for min) w/ Hart, Kuzma, Wagner and Bonga.

Irving/Rondo/Caruso
Beal/Hart
Bullock/Ariza/Bonga
James/Kuzma
Horford/McGee/Wagner

With the appopriate coaching it should be a top 4 team in the conference.

Lol at horford and ariza.... We would be lucky to get McGee at full MLE, let alone ariza.

Ariza's output dropped significantly in both ends of the floor this year: He dropped 3% in TS% to 53%, which is below league average. He also kept his 3PA around 6, but scored only 33% of them - that was also a factor in driving his FG% below 40%. Also, his defense seems to be decreasing slowly: Last year was his first year when his DRtg sneaked over 110 and his defensive plus minus became negative - in a losing team that's not a good sign.

With becoming 34 this year I don't think he can command more than MLE and if we wants a ring, I won't be surprised if he takes the vet min. Horford might be a reach though, I agree there...
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1905 » by GimmeDat » Sun May 19, 2019 9:59 am

Thoughts on the Lonzo for Bulls #7 chatter?
MyBoyBlu
Junior
And1: 283

Post#1906 » by MyBoyBlu » Sun May 19, 2019 10:02 am

GimmeDat wrote:Thoughts on the Lonzo for Bulls #7 chatter?

I'd do it if Pelicans prefer the #7 over Ball. Pretty over Ball myself, absolutely useless in the half court.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1907 » by GimmeDat » Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 am

MyBoyBlu wrote:

I'd do it if Pelicans prefer the #7 over Ball. Pretty over Ball myself, absolutely useless in the half court.

Right. Is he really that bad in the half-court? Do you think, objectively, the 7th is fair value, or is Lonzo not that good?

Because obviously I haven't watched full clips, I see the the transition ability, the defense, the passing, and there's a lot to like. Obviously the shooting is a big limitation and as you said, he doesn't seem like a good initiator in the half-court.

Would he work better in a multi ball handler situation in the half court? Do you have any hope for his 3 ball or FT%?

He's pretty divisive, amongst this board in particular I'm sure as well, so interested to get a better guage of him.
MyBoyBlu
Junior
And1: 283

Post#1908 » by MyBoyBlu » Sun May 19, 2019 10:27 am

GimmeDat wrote:
MyBoyBlu wrote:

Right. Is he really that bad in the half-court? Do you think, objectively, the 7th is fair value, or is Lonzo not that good?

Because obviously I haven't watched full clips, I see the the transition ability, the defense, the passing, and there's a lot to like. Obviously the shooting is a big limitation and as you said, he doesn't seem like a good initiator in the half-court.

Would he work better in a multi ball handler situation in the half court? Do you have any hope for his 3 ball or FT%?

He's pretty divisive, amongst this board in particular I'm sure as well, so interested to get a better guage of him.

Yeah he is one of the worst starting half court PG's in the league. Most of it comes down to his shot being so bad and his lack of willingness to attack the rim because he might get sent to the free throw line. He is pretty easy to defend on the PnR because defenders don'0t have to respect his shot. He is a very bad fit with LeBron in the half court. His defense is very good but I think overrated by most Laker fans. Still one of the better defensive and rebounding guards in the league though. His passing and vision on the transition is great and much better than his half court passing.

Honestly most of my dislike for Lonzo comes down to his lack of shooting that absolutely kills a lot of the value he does bring. I can't see his shot ever getting fixed or atleast any time soon. I think the biggest indicator of his shot not being fixed quickly are his FT's. The recurring leg problems are also a concern. I myself hope Lonzo gets traded in a package for Beal or AD, I just see him losing value the longer we keep him.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1909 » by TyCobb » Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm

No thank you. That's terrible.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#1910 » by zimpy27 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:09 pm

He's worth more than the 7 pick in this draft. He's possibly the best defensive PG in the league already. He's elite defensively, rebounding, passing. Just not shooting. Lakers hired Kidd to teach this guy how to drive and finish so the deal would have to be pretty decent.

He works very well with LeBron because LeBron is a master of the half court.

Lauri, Carter and pick 7 for Lonzo, Kuzma, pick 4 may be more realistic.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#1911 » by TKainZero » Sun May 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Bill simmions reaction to the lakers moving up was awesome
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#1912 » by stan francisco » Mon May 20, 2019 12:42 am

I don’t think Lonzo is being traded. He’s one if our corner pieces. So is Ingram.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#1913 » by Karmaloop » Mon May 20, 2019 3:47 am

Unless it's a part of a bigger deal, that's not happening IMO.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1914 » by GimmeDat » Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 am

I agree that Lonzo is a top notch defender/rebounder and is excellent in transition, but he can't shoot a lick, isn't a super effective playmaker in the half-court, does not get to the line or have any in-between game, has been constantly injured and has baggage. He had a 48.7 TS% in year 2 scoring 11.8pp/36.

That's not to call him a scrub, I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but that's a lot of major issues. Hard to see him getting being valued much higher than #7.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1915 » by Slava » Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am

GimmeDat wrote:I agree that Lonzo is a top notch defender/rebounder and is excellent in transition, but he can't shoot a lick, isn't a super effective playmaker in the half-court, does not get to the line or have any in-between game, has been constantly injured and has baggage. He had a 48.7 TS% in year 2 scoring 11.8pp/36.

That's not to call him a scrub, I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but that's a lot of major issues. Hard to see him getting being valued much higher than #7.

Which is why its pointless for the Lakers to sell on him while his value is low because with the players available at #7 on most big boards, the upside is much lower, they are two years away from being net positive and the red flags are even more.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#1916 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon May 20, 2019 10:46 am

GimmeDat wrote:I agree that Lonzo is a top notch defender/rebounder and is excellent in transition, but he can't shoot a lick, isn't a super effective playmaker in the half-court, does not get to the line or have any in-between game, has been constantly injured and has baggage. He had a 48.7 TS% in year 2 scoring 11.8pp/36.

It's ok if Lonzo is not valued much higher than #7. We are picking #4 so #7 is pretty meh with is. :D
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1917 » by GimmeDat » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Slava wrote:

Which is why its pointless for the Lakers to sell on him while his value is low because with the players available at #7 on most big boards, the upside is much lower, they are two years away from being net positive and the red flags are even more.

That's easy to say but a lot of guys aren't that good, have residual draft value because of their draft stock, and their value continues to plummet. If he is similar to where he is now in 1 or 2 years, his value won't be nearly as high as #7.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#1918 » by Slava » Mon May 20, 2019 12:40 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Slava wrote:

That's easy to say but a lot of guys aren't that good, have residual draft value because of their draft stock, and their value continues to plummet. If he is similar to where he is now in 1 or 2 years, his value won't be nearly as high as #7.

If he is similar to where he is now in 1 or 2 years he'll still be a better version of Marcus Smart and we can re-sign him on a contract with similar parameters. I really don't think there's even a Marcus Smart caliber impact player at #7.

I feel that's still a very pessimistic outlook for him as he hasn't had the time to work on his game over the past couple of offseasons due to injuries. He has some mechanical issues with his shot that need to be corrected and some confidence issues with free throws that inhibit his willingness to drive more. I'm hoping they can be gradually improved upon and even otherwise he adds more to the current team than another mid lottery pick could.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#1919 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 20, 2019 2:32 pm

I like Lonzo, he goes full effort all the time. Cant fault a kid for that. He has many great attributes, especially court vision. Really only 1 true thing stands out negative for me. Free throw shooting. Dont care if his shooting stroke sucks. But when your standing alone on the line, and you clank, that is unacceptable for a point guard, especially with the ball in your hands for the majority of the game. Late in games, the ball is in your hands, you are going to the line, that is a fact. Its easy points for most PGuards. We cant have a PG in those late game situations be reluctant.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1920 » by Spens1 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:15 am

kblo247 wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:What do you think the wizards would want for Bradley Beal?

Kcp s&t and ingram?

Why the hell would KCP send himself to Washington ?

Cause they would be dumb enough to pay him like 15 million per year.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers