64% FG% at the rim
36% of shots at the rim were assisted on
.319 FT rate

Hunter:
35% of shots at the rim
68% FG% at the rim
33% of shots at the rim were assisted on
.398 FT rate

Its weird how one guy is known for being able to get his, while the other is known as a guy that cant create off the dribble. Its pretty crazy how powerful narratives can be. This also doesn't take into effect things like

3pt%:
RJ: 30%
Hunter: 43%

FT%:
RJ: 66%
Hunter 78%

Wingspan:
RJ: 6'10"
Hunter: 7'2"

Don't let the raw stats of Hunter fool you, UVA plays at the slowest pace in all of college basketball so Hunter's raw stats take a big time hit. But the dude can flat out play.

Never said i was a huge fan of RJ either. At the same time Hunter is old and his stats should be more efficient after years of playing college ball.

What do you mean years of college ball? Hunter is a sophomore.

Playing time yes he is a sophomore, but he did redshirt as a freshman. So age wise he is basically a junior.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,966

Re: All things number 4. Trade or draft? Let the rumors begin 

Post#282 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Kilroy wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Trade pick 4 for 8 and 10. Select Clarke and Reddish.

Clarke is the right player for what the Lakers want to do. He should be the target as no one else from 4 onwards is a sure bet like he is.

Clarke is also the right PF fit for a C that Lakers want. Vucevic, Brook Lopez, Cousins or AD. Would also be an excellent small ball C. Someone to put on Giannis or KD. There is no other choice IMO.

Don't think 4 gets you 2 low lottery picks... Maybe 8 and a high 2nd rounder... But everything from 4 down all runs together in the lottery this season...

That said, I think we could really score at 4 if we are smart/lucky... I still say unless AD is a sure thing and doesn't require dumping all of Ball, Ingram, and Kuz, then I'd like to see us make the pick at 4 and see what we come up with.

I like Garland if for no other reason than he seems to be a pretty large Laker fan and might really value the chance to play here... I like Hunter too. Beyond that, I don't really know...
I'm kind of hoping for a brain fart in the 1-3 picks that lets us get one of those guys.

I like Hunter and Garland as well. I just don't see how useful they are to a championship push in the next couple years.

I think Ingram, Ball and pick 4 will be right. Anything more would be Wagner IMO.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#283 » by Pointgod » Sun May 19, 2019 12:29 am

We need to put every asset on the table for AD. Doesn’t mean you offer everything, but no one should be on the table. We need to move on from our youth movement, learn the lesson from Paul George.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,329

Post#284 » by Dr Aki » Sun May 19, 2019 5:53 am

Pointgod wrote:We need to put every asset on the table for AD. Doesn’t mean you offer everything, but no one should be on the table. We need to move on from our youth movement, learn the lesson from Paul George.

Well not everything.

I see the Lakers are now interested in Beal for example.

It's a power play, "don't ask for too much, or we'll go get someone else for a lot less and you'll lose out"
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#285 » by Rafer24 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:12 am

If it´s true the Hawks has Culver number 2 in their draft board, i would trade down and get #8 and #10.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,340

Post#286 » by Worst_to_First » Sun May 19, 2019 9:15 am

Michael Lucky wrote:No thanks to Hunter. Cant create off the dribble, has a lower ceiling. I would be pissed as well if we wasted a pick on that guy.

I can see DeAndre Hunter becoming a Khris Middleton-type of player in the league. While he may not be a star he could be an elite role player that any team would love to have.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,340

Post#287 » by Worst_to_First » Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 am

Rafer24 wrote:If it´s true the Hawks has Culver number 2 in their draft board, i would trade down and get #8 and #10.

Oh interesting where did you see this?
Rafer24
Junior
And1: 145

Post#288 » by Rafer24 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:35 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Rafer24 wrote:If it´s true the Hawks has Culver number 2 in their draft board, i would trade down and get #8 and #10.

Oh interesting where did you see this?

I don´t know if it´s true, but i saw this article right before the lottery:
https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-rumors-atlanta-would-pass-on-ja-morant-no-2-pick-targeting-jarrett-culver/
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#289 » by ROballer » Sun May 19, 2019 10:48 am

Of course they would... they just selected Trae Young, they don't need a PG. They need a C as well but they know they have two lottery picks and Hayes will probably be around for the second one.

But their dire need is clearly a good wing. They don't have basically anyone. And Jarrett Culver is the best wing in the draft, I don't want to hear anyone's crap around here, he has the complete package. Can do absolutely anything on the court, while Hunter and Barrett can't. They have their ups but also downs. Culver doesn't. Score(on the ball and off the ball, good midrange game, ELITE DRIVER!!!! He was the best driver in the country, gets FT'S, anything you want), defend, rebound, pass, he checks all the boxes.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
cashflo
Senior
And1: 130

Post#290 » by cashflo » Sun May 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Darius Garland.. I’m sold on him being the best option at 4.. if we can move Ball to Chicago for 7th and WCJr. I would do it. Or at the very least play alongside Ball.
carjoch_831
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#291 » by carjoch_831 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:06 pm

I would trade Lonzo to the bulls for the 7th pick and select Hunter and Culver in the draft.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#292 » by Pointgod » Sun May 19, 2019 3:01 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
Pointgod wrote:We need to put every asset on the table for AD. Doesn’t mean you offer everything, but no one should be on the table. We need to move on from our youth movement, learn the lesson from Paul George.

Well not everything.

I see the Lakers are now interested in Beal for example.

It's a power play, "don't ask for too much, or we'll go get someone else for a lot less and you'll lose out"

Lakers are in the game but we aren’t the only team so we can’t get too cute with posturing. I’ve always maintained that Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and two 1st round picks are the best off that the Pelicans were ever going to get that gives them a combination of young players with upside and draft picks. Getting the 4th pick helped us a lot, but unless AD comes out and says he’s only resigning with the Lakers we have to give a good offer.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#293 » by Landsberger » Sun May 19, 2019 5:32 pm

I think until Ingram proves there is no blood clot issues his value is not that high. Ball's value is up in the air as well. He's not shown to be durable nor has he shown to prove his draft slot. The pick will be the way we make a trade with either of them. IMHO.

To trade them and a Kuzma with a pick for Davis is stupid. Davis has his own durability issues and he reminds me a lot of Howard in how he approaches the game.
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#294 » by what would jack bauer do? » Sun May 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Wendell Carter is the real deal. He's al Horford with a higher ceiling. If he's available I consider moving 1 or two of our more valuable assets to get him and get a minor piece in return. I highly doubt they even consider trading him though.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#295 » by Ball so hard » Sun May 19, 2019 11:36 pm

People seriously need to get over AD. AD is not coming here. The odds of AD being traded here is probably the equivalent of the Lakers winning a championship next year.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#296 » by Slava » Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am

Ball so hard wrote: The odds of AD being traded here is probably the equivalent of the Lakers winning a championship next year.

That actually makes sense.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#297 » by SlimShady83 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 am

Ball so hard wrote:People seriously need to get over AD. AD is not coming here. The odds of AD being traded here is probably the equivalent of the Lakers winning a championship next year.

Lakers also had a 2.8% chance (If i'm not mistaken) at getting #4 pic :)

Nothing's impossible :)

But you're probably right,

Then again "dream big OR not at all"
Bring back Defense
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#298 » by Coeur » Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm

That could be a great move.

@4 id take Brandon Clarke. He might last to 8?
@4 I wouldn’t want garland, white,

The 2 guys is consider at 4 but think you for sure miss on are culver and hunter in addition to garland and white. So now I’m looking at do I want 1 of hunter or culver or 2 out of this group

Brandon Clarke
Bol bol
Rui
KZ Okpala
Doumbouya
Goga
There’s still a group of sg’s.

What if 8 or 10 is worth 2 picks to the Celtics?
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,469

Post#299 » by Ball4life32 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:27 pm

ROballer wrote:Of course they would... they just selected Trae Young, they don't need a PG. They need a C as well but they know they have two lottery picks and Hayes will probably be around for the second one.

But their dire need is clearly a good wing. They don't have basically anyone. And Jarrett Culver is the best wing in the draft, I don't want to hear anyone's crap around here, he has the complete package. Can do absolutely anything on the court, while Hunter and Barrett can't. They have their ups but also downs. Culver doesn't. Score(on the ball and off the ball, good midrange game, ELITE DRIVER!!!! He was the best driver in the country, gets FT'S, anything you want), defend, rebound, pass, he checks all the boxes.

Hawks have Kevin Huerter who’s the long term SG next to Trae. I like Culver but his shot scares me. 25% from 3 over his last 26 games and the Hawks prioritize shooting. I’d be surprised if it’s true...I think Hawks keep both picks.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#300 » by Kilroy » Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Slava wrote:
Ball so hard wrote: The odds of AD being traded here is probably the equivalent of the Lakers winning a championship next year.

That actually makes sense.

Boomerang logic...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers