ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA: 2018/2019 edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Re: Around the NBA: 2018/2019 edition 

Post#1641 » by magicman112 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:28 pm

orlando1214 wrote:Bucks looking really good tonight so far. Nice to see Ilyasova making an impact as well. It sucks that he was part of that bad Tobias trade, but I liked Ilyasova when he was on the team, but he just didn't fit with the roster. He fits perfectly with this Bucks team though, so I'm happy to see him doing well.

Yeah Ily was the one guy we got in that deal who actually had a meaningful contribution. Jennings had a really good first game then didn't do anything after.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#1642 » by drsd » Sat May 18, 2019 7:08 pm

After the Knicks trade for Anthony Davis with the rights to RJ Barret and Kevin Knox; the Pelicans will be awful but fun.

Setting a team forward around a core of Williams, Knox, and Barret, it is interesting.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#1643 » by ezzzp » Sat May 18, 2019 7:34 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hammond's original longbois paying off right now.

Cue the Bol Bol draft pick.

Bamba
Isaac
AG
??
Fultz

Augustin (6' 3.5) / Fultz (6' 9) / Carter-Williams (6' 7.25) / Briscoe (6' 9)
Fournier (6' 7.5) / Ross (6' 7.25) / Frazier (7' 1.75)
Gordon (6' 11.75) / Iwundu (7' 1)
J Isaac (7' 1)
Vucevic (7' 4.5) / Bamba (7' 10) / Birch (7' 1)

Bledsoe (6' 7.5) / Hill (6' 9)
Brogdon (6' 10.5) / Conaughton (6' 8)
Middelton (6' 10.75) / Snell (6' 11.5)
Antetokuonmpo (7' 3) / Ilyasova (7' 1.25)
Lopez (7' 5.5) / Mirotic (7' 1) / Gasol (7' 4)
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,102

Post#1644 » by Magic#1 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:26 pm

drsd wrote:After the Knicks trade for Anthony Davis with the rights to RJ Barret and Kevin Knox; the Pelicans will be awful but fun.

Setting a team forward around a core of Williams, Knox, and Barret, it is interesting.

If I'm the Pelicans, even if AD gives the smallest indication he MIGHT stay, I make the trade with the Knicks. Getting to reboot your franchise with Zion and RJ is a PR dream. Maybe the Pelicans think they can pull a Lakers and convince AD to stay like the Lakers did with Kobe, but they've gotta remember they aren't the Lakers and AD hasn't won at all with them like Kobe had earlier. If the Knicks offer #3 and Knox, I think that's a great foundation along with Jrue for the Pels. They could still bring back Randle and EP as well. If Zion is as good as expected, that's a playoff team in two years with another lottery pick.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1645 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun May 19, 2019 1:07 am

Solid Snake wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wonder what it was.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1646 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun May 19, 2019 1:11 am

Magic#1 wrote:
drsd wrote:After the Knicks trade for Anthony Davis with the rights to RJ Barret and Kevin Knox; the Pelicans will be awful but fun.

If I'm the Pelicans, even if AD gives the smallest indication he MIGHT stay, I make the trade with the Knicks. Getting to reboot your franchise with Zion and RJ is a PR dream. Maybe the Pelicans think they can pull a Lakers and convince AD to stay like the Lakers did with Kobe, but they've gotta remember they aren't the Lakers and AD hasn't won at all with them like Kobe had earlier. If the Knicks offer #3 and Knox, I think that's a great foundation along with Jrue for the Pels. They could still bring back Randle and EP as well. If Zion is as good as expected, that's a playoff team in two years with another lottery pick.

That is why I thought that is why the Lakers were gifted the 4th pic like the Cavs were gifted the 1st pick to appease Lebron to make trades for Love in Cleveland and AD in LA.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#1647 » by tiderulz » Sun May 19, 2019 1:16 am

Magic#1 wrote:

there are some rumblings that Zion wasnt exactly thrilled with RJ and wouldnt want to play with him in the NBA
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#1648 » by Bensational » Sun May 19, 2019 2:00 am

tiderulz wrote:
Magic#1 wrote:

there are some rumblings that Zion wasnt exactly thrilled with RJ and wouldnt want to play with him in the NBA

Whilst Barrett looks good, and I would like him on my team, I'm not so confident he would ever become a better/more impactful player than, say, Tatum. In which case, if Boston offer Tatum, I take the security of knowing he'd be a perfect #2 scoring option, and he's already capable of playing at a high level. Add in even just one more of Brown/Horford/Smart, and the Pels will be in playoff contention again, with a ceiling as high as Zion and Tatum can take them.

Horford/Randle
Zion
Tatum
JRue
Smart/Payton
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1649 » by nymets1 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:36 am

Lillard, Mccollum and any other NBA players if they haven't realized it yet, If you want to win and go deep in the playoffs, you'll need to get on a super stacked team. If almost every NBA player wants to really win, at some point in the NBA I think we are going to eventually have 4 or 5 super stacked teams. And than every other NBA team will be about average or below average.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#1650 » by swarlesbarkley » Sun May 19, 2019 11:44 am

nymets1 wrote:Lillard, Mccollum and any other NBA players if they haven't realized it yet, If you want to win and go deep in the playoffs, you'll need to get on a super stacked team. If almost every NBA player wants to really win, at some point in the NBA I think we are going to eventually have 4 or 5 super stacked teams. And than every other NBA team will be about average or below average.

I feel like Giannis is breaking that mold right now. The bucks are an awesome team but I wouldn't call them "stacked".
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#1651 » by j-ragg » Sun May 19, 2019 1:34 pm

nymets1 wrote:Lillard, Mccollum and any other NBA players if they haven't realized it yet, If you want to win and go deep in the playoffs, you'll need to get on a super stacked team. If almost every NBA player wants to really win, at some point in the NBA I think we are going to eventually have 4 or 5 super stacked teams. And than every other NBA team will be about average or below average.

Blazers are in the final 4 right now, they did win and go deep in the playoffs. Unfortunately got matched up against the best team of all time. They can add all the talent they want but they won't be able to beat them. Best shot is doing it again and hoping Houston knocks off GSW next time and Portland gets them in the conference finals.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#1652 » by Bonafide89 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:21 pm

j-ragg wrote:

Blazers are in the final 4 right now, they did win and go deep in the playoffs. Unfortunately got matched up against the best team of all time. They can add all the talent they want but they won't be able to beat them. Best shot is doing it again and hoping Houston knocks off GSW next time and Portland gets them in the conference finals.
Dame recently said on the Chris Haynes podcast that he isn't jumping ship just to go on a stacked team and win a championship. If he can have it his way, he'd do it in Portland.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Bonafide89
Junior

Post#1653 » by Bonafide89 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:23 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:

I feel like Giannis is breaking that mold right now. The bucks are an awesome team but I wouldn't call them "stacked".
They're well coached and were strategically built to become a title contender.
Bonafide89
Junior

Post#1654 » by Bonafide89 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm

NotACat wrote:
thelead wrote:
ivDT wrote:should've traded dwight for lopez...

Vuc should be playing the Lopez role for us. You just don't win through the post anymore.

I pitched this idea after game 2 against the Raptors and got laughed at
Actually this is what Vogel wanted to do but Vooch didn't like it.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1655 » by pepe1991 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Nobody can take adventage on Magic roster of Vuc streaching the floor,because Evan Fournier and DJ are your best drivers and pick&roll ballhandlers. That's as depressive as it gets.

Brook played same role on Nets and Lakers, sucked because there was no Bledose, Giannis, Middleton, Mirotić, Brogdon, Hill, Ilyasova to take adventage of it.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#1656 » by NotACat » Sun May 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Bonafide89 wrote:
NotACat wrote:
thelead wrote:Vuc should be playing the Lopez role for us. You just don't win through the post anymore.

I pitched this idea after game 2 against the Raptors and got laughed at
Actually this is what Vogel wanted to do but Vooch didn't like it.

Its not a great regular season strategy with our current roster, just thought we should try it in the playoffs since they had Lowry on Isaac.
Black Lives Matter
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#1657 » by thelead » Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Nobody can take adventage on Magic roster of Vuc streaching the floor,because Evan Fournier and DJ are your best drivers and pick&roll ballhandlers. That's as depressive as it gets.

Brook played same role on Nets and Lakers, sucked because there was no Bledose, Giannis, Middleton, Mirotić, Brogdon, Hill, Ilyasova to take adventage of it.

And was an all-star as a low post player that couldn't take his team anywhere... sounds very familiar... and I don't want to blow a huge chunk of our cap space on that
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1658 » by nymets1 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Bonafide89 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

Dame recently said on the Chris Haynes podcast that he isn't jumping ship just to go on a stacked team and win a championship. If he can have it his way, he'd do it in Portland.

Than Lillard won't make an nba finals. They overachieved this year by making WCF.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#1659 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 am

Leonard hobbled now, Raps are pretty much done. Very dissapointing conference finals.
aka: prorl
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1660 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:27 am

thelead wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Nobody can take adventage on Magic roster of Vuc streaching the floor,because Evan Fournier and DJ are your best drivers and pick&roll ballhandlers. That's as depressive as it gets.

And was an all-star as a low post player that couldn't take his team anywhere... sounds very familiar... and I don't want to blow a huge chunk of our cap space on that

Why do you expect 1 player to take you anywhere at this point ,when for last 30 yeras you need at least 2 HOF players to win it all, and in last 7 years you need 3 stars to win it all?

It's like saying team led by PG will never get you anywhere and you have Westbrook, Wall,Conley Paul to prove it. :dontknow:
Even Curry plays more like SG than PG anyway. Through his career he literally has games where he has 2 assists in 40 min because he is not playmaker but guy who comes off screens and sets plays from there, but primarily is more shooter than playmaker.

LOpez and Marc Gasol have huge roles in this ECF mostly because of them can't really leave paint to guard each other because Leonard and GIannis would take adventage of no rim protection. But still, they are useful player to have. Can they be lead stars on contender ? No, but nowdays only like 5 players can.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic