ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

talbert
Sophomore
Posts: 161
And1: 102
Joined: Mar 30, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#841 » by talbert » Thu May 16, 2019 3:23 pm

soxperry wrote:Not a Fiserv gripe, but a stubhub gripe concerning last night's game.

I had Section 228, Row 2 seats. I moved them down to where I was losing 20 dollars each on them and still couldn't sell them.. Took them off of ticketmaster at a certain point because it takes them up to two hours to update a price change that you make, and i needed a quicker response. Put them on StubHub, and waited it out. Tip off came, still nothing. Then.. very shortly after tip off the tickets went into my "expired" section. This if baffling, i've personally sat at a bar near Fiserv earlier in the season and watched ticket prices go down on stubhub more than a quarter into the game, so i know this isn't standard practice. Had I anticipated this, I would have been more aggressive about moving the price down earlier.

So the tickets don't sell and i'm out 280 dollars because i wasn't willing to sell them for 80 dollars a piece right off the bat, and because StubHub took the tickets offline out of nowhere. With how packed the Deer District was, with how great the crowd was and how packed Fiserv was, I don't understand what was wrong with the ticket sales. Would have been very happy to just get money back or even take a small loss. I just don't get it.


Yes! I can't git rid of my tickets for Friday. I have them priced reasonably but no takers yet.
User avatar
LittleRooster
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,918
And1: 1,516
Joined: Apr 02, 2010
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#842 » by LittleRooster » Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm

buckboy wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
buckboy wrote:
When I go with my wife we always go to Turner Hall. We always arrive 1 1/2-2 hours before gametime. And we always find seats at the bar. Last night was no exception on any count.

We're a little bit older than most of you, but I could live to be 200 and never understand the allure of going someplace that is absolutely packed for no real reason. And I felt that way when I was 21 too.


I'm with you. I didn't love the MECCA because I was fighting through people to order drinks and then nowhere to really stand in lower level. Rather try to find a place that is slightly less busy but has a good vibe.


That's Turner Hall. The service can be spotty and I've heard complaints about the food (I've never had a bad meal there), but it's very relaxed and no lines for anything.

Also, why am I trying to talk people into going there? :lol:


I second Turner


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,867
And1: 753
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#843 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm

talbert wrote:
soxperry wrote:Not a Fiserv gripe, but a stubhub gripe concerning last night's game.

I had Section 228, Row 2 seats. I moved them down to where I was losing 20 dollars each on them and still couldn't sell them.. Took them off of ticketmaster at a certain point because it takes them up to two hours to update a price change that you make, and i needed a quicker response. Put them on StubHub, and waited it out. Tip off came, still nothing. Then.. very shortly after tip off the tickets went into my "expired" section. This if baffling, i've personally sat at a bar near Fiserv earlier in the season and watched ticket prices go down on stubhub more than a quarter into the game, so i know this isn't standard practice. Had I anticipated this, I would have been more aggressive about moving the price down earlier.

So the tickets don't sell and i'm out 280 dollars because i wasn't willing to sell them for 80 dollars a piece right off the bat, and because StubHub took the tickets offline out of nowhere. With how packed the Deer District was, with how great the crowd was and how packed Fiserv was, I don't understand what was wrong with the ticket sales. Would have been very happy to just get money back or even take a small loss. I just don't get it.


Yes! I can't git rid of my tickets for Friday. I have them priced reasonably but no takers yet.


That's strange. I'd think they would be moving fast if priced within reasonable secondary market range. Especially for a Friday night. I kind of thought my Finals tickets would sell in a drunken euphoria by someone, Haha. No dice.
talbert
Sophomore
Posts: 161
And1: 102
Joined: Mar 30, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#844 » by talbert » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
talbert wrote:
soxperry wrote:Not a Fiserv gripe, but a stubhub gripe concerning last night's game.

I had Section 228, Row 2 seats. I moved them down to where I was losing 20 dollars each on them and still couldn't sell them.. Took them off of ticketmaster at a certain point because it takes them up to two hours to update a price change that you make, and i needed a quicker response. Put them on StubHub, and waited it out. Tip off came, still nothing. Then.. very shortly after tip off the tickets went into my "expired" section. This if baffling, i've personally sat at a bar near Fiserv earlier in the season and watched ticket prices go down on stubhub more than a quarter into the game, so i know this isn't standard practice. Had I anticipated this, I would have been more aggressive about moving the price down earlier.

So the tickets don't sell and i'm out 280 dollars because i wasn't willing to sell them for 80 dollars a piece right off the bat, and because StubHub took the tickets offline out of nowhere. With how packed the Deer District was, with how great the crowd was and how packed Fiserv was, I don't understand what was wrong with the ticket sales. Would have been very happy to just get money back or even take a small loss. I just don't get it.


Yes! I can't git rid of my tickets for Friday. I have them priced reasonably but no takers yet.


That's strange. I'd think they would be moving fast if priced within reasonable secondary market range. Especially for a Friday night. I kind of thought my Finals tickets would sell in a drunken euphoria by someone, Haha. No dice.


Yeah, pissed I can't go. Pissed they won't sell. Just pissed lol.
BradMKE
Junior
Posts: 331
And1: 236
Joined: Jun 04, 2014

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#845 » by BradMKE » Thu May 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Yeah, tomorrow’s tickets are dropping quickly. Last night’s win probably hurt sales because it means there will be a another, likely more important home game after Friday (either ECF game 5 or Finals game 1).
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,400
And1: 807
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#846 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat May 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Does anyone know how you get into the Mecca? Someone yesterday told me they had a ticket to get in? Can one person get there 6 hours before tip and hold a table for 8 people?

The line was insane at 5:00 yesterday. I assume it was already at capacity and everyone planned on staying for the game so not sure what the 200 people in line expected to happen.
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 13,695
And1: 2,277
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#847 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat May 18, 2019 4:56 pm

For those you get excited during games, the last rows aren't bad. I'm in 210 and it's easy to get to my seat and can stand up the whole time. The views are better than the bc and really close to concessions and bathrooms.
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,400
And1: 807
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#848 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat May 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Other thoughts on the deer district:

Great that they have a lot of craft beer available, but also super nice they have tents setup with $3.00 High Lifes and I'm sure similarily priced Coors. I was a little worried prices would be closer to the prices inside FF. Little dissapointed Punch Bowl tent was slinging Bud Light and not Miller Lite/Coors (although they had High Life).

Also the 2nd floor of Good City is such a nice space but kind of sucked. Weird curtains walling off like 20% of the room. Shoddy furniture. Not great TVs/projectors. And one beer vendor upstairs. My friend said he waited 45 minutes in line during the game to get a round.

All around though, the DD is awesome.
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 830
And1: 444
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#849 » by soxperry » Sat May 18, 2019 5:26 pm

talbert wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
talbert wrote:
Yes! I can't git rid of my tickets for Friday. I have them priced reasonably but no takers yet.


That's strange. I'd think they would be moving fast if priced within reasonable secondary market range. Especially for a Friday night. I kind of thought my Finals tickets would sell in a drunken euphoria by someone, Haha. No dice.


Yeah, pissed I can't go. Pissed they won't sell. Just pissed lol.


How did it end up working out? Did they sell? Did you get at least most of your money back?

The whole situation is baffling to me, especially considering how packed the arena is.
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 830
And1: 444
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#850 » by soxperry » Sat May 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Loved the crowd last night. Was standing most of the time. Unlike game 1, they just couldn't answer the bell when we started a run, so we would just keep standing and yelling. I do wish that one basket wouldn't shut everyone up though. We just need to keep it rolling.
Toodles1980
Junior
Posts: 261
And1: 135
Joined: Apr 29, 2010

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#851 » by Toodles1980 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:39 pm

soxperry wrote:Not a Fiserv gripe, but a stubhub gripe concerning last night's game.

I had Section 228, Row 2 seats. I moved them down to where I was losing 20 dollars each on them and still couldn't sell them.. Took them off of ticketmaster at a certain point because it takes them up to two hours to update a price change that you make, and i needed a quicker response. Put them on StubHub, and waited it out. Tip off came, still nothing. Then.. very shortly after tip off the tickets went into my "expired" section. This if baffling, i've personally sat at a bar near Fiserv earlier in the season and watched ticket prices go down on stubhub more than a quarter into the game, so i know this isn't standard practice. Had I anticipated this, I would have been more aggressive about moving the price down earlier.

So the tickets don't sell and i'm out 280 dollars because i wasn't willing to sell them for 80 dollars a piece right off the bat, and because StubHub took the tickets offline out of nowhere. With how packed the Deer District was, with how great the crowd was and how packed Fiserv was, I don't understand what was wrong with the ticket sales. Would have been very happy to just get money back or even take a small loss. I just don't get it.

How were you trying to transfer them? If you were doing StubHub thing where you transfer them to a Ticketmaster account they cut that off pretty early. If you were doing the screenshot method then that makes no sense to me.
User avatar
steger_3434
RealGM
Posts: 14,739
And1: 2,601
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
Location: Getting Rowdy in Section 212 with Squad 6
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#852 » by steger_3434 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:46 pm

I will echo others thoughts and say the dj is horrible. Half the time he’s playing something that is damn near impossible to get a “defense” chant going with the beat. That’s when the arena gets really quiet


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 13,695
And1: 2,277
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#853 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun May 19, 2019 8:46 am

steger_3434 wrote:I will echo others thoughts and say the dj is horrible. Half the time he’s playing something that is damn near impossible to get a “defense” chant going with the beat. That’s when the arena gets really quiet


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

+1 the Dj sets the fans up for failure.


I thought squad six would be pointless in the playoffs but I thought they have done a good job of transitioning cheering to group chants like defense in a good rhythm
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,867
And1: 753
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#854 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun May 19, 2019 2:17 pm

buckboy wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
buckboy wrote:
When I go with my wife we always go to Turner Hall. We always arrive 1 1/2-2 hours before gametime. And we always find seats at the bar. Last night was no exception on any count.

We're a little bit older than most of you, but I could live to be 200 and never understand the allure of going someplace that is absolutely packed for no real reason. And I felt that way when I was 21 too.


I'm with you. I didn't love the MECCA because I was fighting through people to order drinks and then nowhere to really stand in lower level. Rather try to find a place that is slightly less busy but has a good vibe.


That's Turner Hall. The service can be spotty and I've heard complaints about the food (I've never had a bad meal there), but it's very relaxed and no lines for anything.

Also, why am I trying to talk people into going there? :lol:


Liked Turners on Friday. Good vibe but not wall to wall people. Grub was good. Only negative was our host was kinda of weird about seating us because the table left was for 6 people and we had 2. Ended up bumping into 2 friends though so was 4 by end.

After game went to Buck Bradley's (or whatever the upper bar is there) as lines in all of the deer district stuff. Bucks was hoping overall. The upper bar kinda died out by 1130-Midnight which was about the time we were heading back to hotel anyway.

Bathroom lines didn't seem as bad but tried to be smart about going during timeouts not halftime.

Ended up selling Game 5 of Finals on Friday night too. Very profitable. Looks like prices creeping down a little bit.
gyp
Sophomore
Posts: 116
And1: 34
Joined: Nov 06, 2010

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#855 » by gyp » Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Other thoughts on the deer district:

Great that they have a lot of craft beer available, but also super nice they have tents setup with $3.00 High Lifes and I'm sure similarily priced Coors. I was a little worried prices would be closer to the prices inside FF. Little dissapointed Punch Bowl tent was slinging Bud Light and not Miller Lite/Coors (although they had High Life).


Better yet bring your own. I don’t mind paying whatever they’re asking for drinks but I was down there during game two and couldn’t get within 50 people of getting a beer or mixed drink anywhere.

As far as when to get to Mecca, I don’t know about holding seats but they don’t open until 4pm. Your best bet is to get in line before then. I was also puzzled by the long lines outside during the game because I figured table turnover to be around zero.
James1980
Starter
Posts: 2,230
And1: 123
Joined: Jul 02, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#856 » by James1980 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:19 pm

We got there at 3:30 on Friday, waited to get in for 20 minutes and never got a table so went into Fiserv at 6:00 to get some dinner. We could get drinks, but not food unless you had a table. The tickets are if we had gotten a table, we could have gotten a couple tickets so the people meeting us could get in without waiting in line, but we never got the table. There were several empty tables with reserved on them don't know if they were for VIPs/sponsors or what.
MissKhriddleton wrote:Does anyone know how you get into the Mecca? Someone yesterday told me they had a ticket to get in? Can one person get there 6 hours before tip and hold a table for 8 people?

The line was insane at 5:00 yesterday. I assume it was already at capacity and everyone planned on staying for the game so not sure what the 200 people in line expected to happen.


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
User avatar
0BobLobLaw0
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,795
And1: 1,055
Joined: Aug 09, 2005
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#857 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Does anyone know if we can bring food into the deer district? I think I read somewhere that you could, but now I can't find that
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
gyp
Sophomore
Posts: 116
And1: 34
Joined: Nov 06, 2010

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#858 » by gyp » Sun May 19, 2019 9:36 pm

I’m seeing now that Mecca is open 11am-midnight M-Th, 11am-2am F-Sa and 11am-midnight on Su.
BradMKE
Junior
Posts: 331
And1: 236
Joined: Jun 04, 2014

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#859 » by BradMKE » Sun May 19, 2019 10:51 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Does anyone know if we can bring food into the deer district? I think I read somewhere that you could, but now I can't find that


https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/2019/05/08/fiserv-forum-plaza-continues-draw-crowds-bucks-playoff-games/1129746001/

“You are allowed to bring in food and water to the plaza, as long as it fits into your bag. Food will not be allowed into the surrounding bars or into Fiserv Forum.”
User avatar
jmart762
Pro Prospect
Posts: 833
And1: 361
Joined: Jul 01, 2010
   

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#860 » by jmart762 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Game 1 of Boston series I was there and a group brought in a bunch of pizzas from down the block.
0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Does anyone know if we can bring food into the deer district? I think I read somewhere that you could, but now I can't find that


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks