ImageImageImageImageImage

Who else is excited to...

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Who else is excited to... 

Post#1 » by tlifeset » Tue May 14, 2019 3:30 am

Spend the Mid-Level Exception this season?

I'm serious. Lost in all the hours we've consumed in discussing how wrong Magic and Pelinka were in assembling the roster and how disappointed we were that we missed the playoffs and how **** Luke Walton was and how injured everybody was... was this very simple yet continually forgotten about fact...

We've been hamstrung by holding cap space for a long time.

We've been continually stuck with a bunch of one year guys (why do you think we signed these ****???) and no long term contracts (julius: i want 2 years. lakers: we want you to leave).

But this offseason we WILL fill that other max slot either through free agent (hopefully) or trade (sign me up for AD or Conley).

And we will FINALLY be able to sign players for more than 1-year. How do you think these teams are ending up with Eric Gordon or Paul Milsap or Iggy or Bledsoe or Korver or any other name that came aboard for less than the Max but more than 1-year.

I'm looking forward to these deals - I'm looking forward to finding guys who can play with Lebron and flourish in Vogel's system and plug in with our budding youth. And locking them up. Getting continuity. And becoming a staple in the playoffs.

Goodnight flux.

Hello team.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Re: Who else is excited to... 

Post#2 » by Laker_Kid » Tue May 14, 2019 11:43 am

ill get excited once we get the KDs, the Kyries, the Leonards, or the Klays.
Throwing a max at the Kembas or Butlers would be meh to me. So yeah.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#3 » by ROballer » Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Paul Millsap got 3 yrs and 90 mil. Just sayin'.

But yeah, I'm looking forward for the MLE as well.

Players I'd want and would probably entertain signing for the MLE with a contending team(if we get that MAX guy first):

Kevon Looney
Bojan Bogdanovic
Patrick Beverley
Brook Lopez
DeAndre Jordan
JJ Redick
Richaun Holmes
Rudy Gay
Danny Green
Marc Gasol(if he opts out)
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
tlifeset
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#4 » by tlifeset » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 pm

ROballer wrote:Paul Millsap got 3 yrs and 90 mil. Just sayin'.

But yeah, I'm looking forward for the MLE as well.

Players I'd want and would probably entertain signing for the MLE with a contending team(if we get that MAX guy first):

Kevon Looney
Bojan Bogdanovic
Patrick Beverley
Brook Lopez
DeAndre Jordan
JJ Redick
Richaun Holmes
Rudy Gay
Danny Green
Marc Gasol(if he opts out)

Yeah, Milsap isn't the greatest example because it was during that crazy spike in salaries. But normally he'd be a target.

The issue is that lots of teams have cap space this offseason, but we should be able to attract some good players with Lebron + Max Guy.

From the guys you listed...
Beverley is interesting.
JJ Redick is probably going to the Knicks or Nets. Heard from sources that he is staying on the East Coast.

I also like Ariza (can't believe I don't see his name on more lists) and certainly DeAndre Jordan is a solid target if he wants to come back to LA.

I would love to see a really great rim runner with Lonzo. I'm definitely open to bringing back McGee and Chandler too.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by Landsberger » Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 pm

There are a whole ton of players before Ariza should be considered. Without the purple glasses he's a very average player these days. Hard pass on Lopez too. A big who shoots 3, plays no defense and forgot what the word rebounding means. For that level of money we should get players that can play both ends. Jordan is interesting if we can get consistent scoring elsewhere.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#6 » by warren weel im » Fri May 17, 2019 4:34 pm

Landsberger wrote:There are a whole ton of players before Ariza should be considered. Without the purple glasses he's a very average player these days. Hard pass on Lopez too. A big who shoots 3, plays no defense and forgot what the word rebounding means. For that level of money we should get players that can play both ends. Jordan is interesting if we can get consistent scoring elsewhere.

See Raptors/Bucks game 1 of Eastern Conference Finals 2019.
machine18
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#7 » by machine18 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 pm

Landsberger wrote:There are a whole ton of players before Ariza should be considered. Without the purple glasses he's a very average player these days. Hard pass on Lopez too. A big who shoots 3, plays no defense and forgot what the word rebounding means. For that level of money we should get players that can play both ends. Jordan is interesting if we can get consistent scoring elsewhere.

I don't quite understand this take on Lopez. He has been absolutely excellent for the Bucks (not to mention he's making next to nothing) and his game would compliment Lebron's insanely well. Letting him walk in the first place was a massive mistake.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#8 » by Landsberger » Fri May 17, 2019 6:34 pm

machine18 wrote:

I don't quite understand this take on Lopez. He has been absolutely excellent for the Bucks (not to mention he's making next to nothing) and his game would compliment Lebron's insanely well. Letting him walk in the first place was a massive mistake.

Have you watched him other than shooting 3's? He's slowed down so much he can't recover on defense and rebounds horribly. I know everyone loves a stretch 5 but we have issues with physical teams and rebounding consistently. We need bigs to can do that first and foremost. We can get shooting at more traditional positions.

That said, I'd take Vucevic. He brings shooting from that position, rebounding, physicality and passing. He's a perfect fit for LeBron.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#9 » by Landsberger » Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 pm

warren weel im wrote:

See Raptors/Bucks game 1 of Eastern Conference Finals 2019.

You mixed the words around. 1 game is what I saw.....
machine18
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#10 » by machine18 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 pm

Landsberger wrote:
machine18 wrote:

Have you watched him other than shooting 3's? He's slowed down so much he can't recover on defense and rebounds horribly. I know everyone loves a stretch 5 but we have issues with physical teams and rebounding consistently. We need bigs to can do that first and foremost. We can get shooting at more traditional positions.

That said, I'd take Vucevic. He brings shooting from that position, rebounding, physicality and passing. He's a perfect fit for LeBron.

I guess agree to disagree. The Bucks went from 29th in the league last season in defense rebound percentage to 1st this season. Meanwhile, Lakers dropped from 12th to 22nd. He was also 9th in DRPM in the league.

Obviously stats (especially defensive ones) don't tell the full story, but I'd be hard-pressed to say Milwaukee can start a center as bad as you say and still be one of the top defensive teams in the league.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#11 » by chefy » Sat May 18, 2019 7:57 am

tobias?
im cool with beverly too if were not resigning rondo
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#12 » by SlimShady83 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:44 am

chefy wrote:tobias?
im cool with beverly too if were not resigning rondo

why can't we have both? - probably $$$$?
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#13 » by LBC SoCal » Sun May 19, 2019 3:53 am

Rondo is great....when he I see healthy. I don't have a crystal ball but 82 games doesn't seem possible....so unfortunately I think the Lakers should pass on resigning him unless it's for cheap. Good leader and tenacious but I don't think we should spend a lot on him.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#14 » by TylersLakers » Sun May 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Not to be annoying, but technically we won't have a MLE. :lol:

We'll have about $33M in cap space depending on the status of the draft pick. Once that's spent, we'll have a "Room Exception" which is a maximum two-year deal worth about $5M a season.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:05 am

TylersLakers wrote:Not to be annoying, but technically we won't have a MLE. :lol:

We'll have about $33M in cap space depending on the status of the draft pick. Once that's spent, we'll have a "Room Exception" which is a maximum two-year deal worth about $5M a season.

Not to be extra annoying, but technically it is an MLE. :P

"Room exception" is the nickname for an MLE that exists for teams under the cap.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,629

Post#16 » by Pointgod » Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 am

I’m looking forward to see if we can manage to sign a big name free agent. I’m in favour of splitting the MLE between some shooters like Wayne Ellington and James Ennis
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#17 » by BEazy » Mon May 20, 2019 5:16 am

We need to throw a lot of money at JJ Redick. He's the perfect player to play SG alongside LBJ.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#18 » by AcecardZ » Tue May 21, 2019 3:08 pm

I’m not a Reddick fan. He can hit open jumpers and flat out sucks at everything else as it relates to basketball.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,537

Post#19 » by stan francisco » Wed May 29, 2019 4:47 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:We need to throw a lot of money at JJ Redick. He's the perfect player to play SG alongside LBJ.

You mean he can shoot?

Defense...
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4

Return to Los Angeles Lakers