ImageImageImageImage

Expectation of Fultz

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,904

Re: Expectation of Fultz 

Post#101 » by drsd » Fri May 17, 2019 8:34 am

MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#102 » by MagicFrenchie » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am

Rayshard7 wrote:Markelle Fultz, Ky Bowman
Kevin Porter Jr, Furkan Korkmaz
Jonathan Isaac, Wes Iwundu, Melvin Frazier Jr
Aaron Gordon, Sekou Douyombo, Jarell Martin
Mo Bamba, Khem Birch, Justin Patton

:lol:
It's Sekou DOUMBOUYA
Great kid, his mother raised him , was born in Guinea, reminds me a lot of Giannis in term of his "ot supposed to be here " mentality and his good entourage.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#103 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri May 17, 2019 3:43 pm

drsd wrote:Nice editorial on objective concerns on Fults:
CP link: 3 reasons the Orlando Magic should be nervous about Markelle Fultz

I typically like this guy's breakdowns, but comments like these are questionable:

"It’s not even like Fultz has shown signs of eventually becoming a good shooter, because he hasn’t, and that is worrisome."

Is he just going to ignore that he shot ridiculous percentages in college on high volume? Also, these 3 points (shot, confidence, health) are the obvious question marks with Fultz. I think Nick just needed to pump out an article and threw together some trash for clicks.
Instincts
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#104 » by Instincts » Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:
Rayshard7 wrote:Markelle Fultz, Ky Bowman
Kevin Porter Jr, Furkan Korkmaz
Jonathan Isaac, Wes Iwundu, Melvin Frazier Jr
Aaron Gordon, Sekou Douyombo, Jarell Martin
Mo Bamba, Khem Birch, Justin Patton

:lol:
It's Sekou DOUMBOUYA
Great kid, his mother raised him , was born in Guinea, reminds me a lot of Giannis in term of his "ot supposed to be here " mentality and his good entourage.

Don't know much about Sekou Douyombo, but I am pretty much locked in on Kevin Porter Jr.

I would jump on him at #16, I doubt he slips that far by the time the draft rolls around, I would even take it a step farther and move up to secure him. Similar to Fultz he is the type of primary creator that we need to take a chance on, even if just one of the two pans out we are looking good.

Dragic (Midlevel Exception? two year deal) / Fultz / DJ
T. Ross (resign to high salary two year deal if not let walk) / Kevin Porter Jr. (Use future draft picks to move up to secure)
AG / Fournier (let contract expire in 2021)
JI / AG
Vuch (resign short as possible front loaded deal) / Bamba / Birch / Mozgov (let contract expire 2020)

This is a possible outcome which leaves us with depth, improves the time over last year, and sets up very well for the future with youngs prospects, while still maintaining cap space for the big 2021 free agent class.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#105 » by OrlandoDream » Sun May 19, 2019 4:38 am

I would not expect Fultz to be a long term solution. I dont trust his injury history or mental capacity to be a rotational player in this league. This offseason we still need to address the PG situation.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#106 » by Audi » Sun May 19, 2019 6:21 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:I would not expect Fultz to be a long term solution. I dont trust his injury history or mental capacity to be a rotational player in this league. This offseason we still need to address the PG situation.

- Did I miss something somewhere indicating that he has a diminished mental capacity? What is your basis for this belief?
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#107 » by basketballRob » Sun May 19, 2019 7:07 pm

I think if he plays that he'll arguably be our best player next season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#108 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 am

Audi wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:I would not expect Fultz to be a long term solution. I dont trust his injury history or mental capacity to be a rotational player in this league. This offseason we still need to address the PG situation.

- Did I miss something somewhere indicating that he has a diminished mental capacity? What is your basis for this belief?

He probably meant Psychologically.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,635

Post#109 » by thelead » Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Audi wrote:

And how did he reach that conclusion without talking to the doctors that diagnosed him?
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#110 » by Bensational » Mon May 20, 2019 12:57 am

thelead wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Audi wrote:

And how did he reach that conclusion without talking to the doctors that diagnosed him?

Twitches on YouTube
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,522

Post#111 » by SOUL » Mon May 20, 2019 1:16 am

basketballRob wrote:I think if he plays that he'll arguably be our best player next season.

Not even close.
thelead
RealGM

Post#112 » by thelead » Mon May 20, 2019 1:57 am

SOUL wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I think if he plays that he'll arguably be our best player next season.

Not even close.

The bar isn't even that high... IF he plays and isn't injured, it's probably likely.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#113 » by basketballRob » Mon May 20, 2019 2:05 am

SOUL wrote:

Not even close.

If he played 30 mpg he could average something like 14 pts 5 rebs and 5 assists. I think that would arguably be our best player.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,522

Post#114 » by SOUL » Mon May 20, 2019 2:21 am

thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Not even close.

The bar isn't even that high... IF he plays and isn't injured, it's probably likely.

I mean I guess it depends on who is on the team, and as much as I don't want Vuc next year (unless on a 2-3 year deal max), he is not going to play all-star level ball his first year.

He's played 33 games and averaged 8/2/3 on 41/28/56 the last time he played. Now, he did show SPURTS of great play but saying that "if he plays, he's arguably going to be our best player" is doing a disservice to our guys.
thelead
RealGM

Post#115 » by thelead » Mon May 20, 2019 2:25 am

SOUL wrote:
thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:
Not even close.

I mean I guess it depends on who is on the team, and as much as I don't want Vuc next year (unless on a 2-3 year deal max), he is not going to play all-star level ball his first year.

He's played 33 games and averaged 8/2/3 on 41/28/56 the last time he played. Now, he did show SPURTS of great play but saying that "if he plays, he's arguably going to be our best player" is doing a disservice to our guys.

I'm expecting Vuc to be gone.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#116 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon May 20, 2019 2:32 am

thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:
thelead wrote:The bar isn't even that high... IF he plays and isn't injured, it's probably likely.

Good because that would literally be the only way Fultz even stands a chance. Hell would he be better than TRoss? I like his potential but some,of yall are setting yourselves up for some serious disappointment.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
thelead
RealGM

Post#117 » by thelead » Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Good because that would literally be the only way Fultz even stands a chance. Hell would he be better than TRoss? I like his potential but some,of yall are setting yourselves up for some serious disappointment.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

I don't expect Ross back either even though I really want him back.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#118 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 am

If i can bet, i would say:
- he will not play summer league
- he will show up at camp still without jumpshot or any improvments
- he'll get his 4th year extension
- after 20-30 games he will be done for a year

I'll just save this somwhere to see will this age well

No need to @ me or throw hate or anything , it's just opinion.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,153

Post#119 » by zaymon » Mon May 20, 2019 10:13 am

pepe1991 wrote:If i can bet, i would say:

I am a little more optimistic becouse i think 76ers as an organization are not good. Their process is process of decay. I am not suprised Fultz didnt thrive there. Question is how much flawed are the players and how much flawed are their organization.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#120 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 pm

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:If i can bet, i would say:

I am a little more optimistic becouse i think 76ers as an organization are not good. Their process is process of decay. I am not suprised Fultz didnt thrive there. Question is how much flawed are the players and how much flawed are their organization.

Most of false informations and drama was from Fultz' camp.

First his menager/agent , Raymond Brothers made huge deal about draining fluids from his shoulder, just to re-track it and said something was shot into his shoulder.
He also claimed during the end of 2017 that Fultz is so hurt that he can't even lift his arm over his armlevel. Witch makes sense. Except it does not ,because Fultz was filmed dunking weeks later without any issues, yet still couldn't shoot.

During all that who got involved into fights with both Drew Hanlen and Keith William ( his coaches) - his mom. She was reported yelling at Drew during a game , and first coach was as far as i know, her ex boyfriend.

His mom always played big role in everything around him since he arrived in nba, including whole story of her installing cameras in his home . From what i know she even moved to live with him in Orlando (because Fultz did refer to her and his older sister as family, when he talked about them moving to Orlando to live with him ).

Guess who said he will be returning within 4 to 6 weeks, 6 months ago? Raymond Brothers.

His story is all over the place but it comes down to few simple questions:
what happend during summer of 2017 before/during summerleague
Why he was pulled out of SL 2018
Why he won't play SL 2019
Why he visited many doctors before he got diagnoesed by TOS
Why surgery wasn't needed ?
Why if surgery wasn't needed, he still can't shoot or play ?
Why there is no timetable of return for basketball player that missed 130 out of 160 games through 2 years?

Also doctor from LA who did work on his recovery , Dr Judy Sato, returned to work with Lakers again, and yet, after MONTHS or physical therapy, Steve Clifford repeated yesterday that there is no timetable of his return.

When you put all informations on a table that we have, it's hard to not be sceptical about his "injury " and think that something else is going on with him. Now is it some other injury ? Some mental problem? Some character issues? Nobody really knows . But one bummed shoulder can't bother you 2 years, especially if you are 19 years old, working with best medical stuff in whole world.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic