ImageImageImageImageImage

Who do you trust the most when it comes to media, sources & BS news etc

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Who do you trust the most when it comes to media, sources & BS news etc 

Post#1 » by SlimShady83 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Friday night few drinks down as usual lol – gotta wash the week down some, how.

I’ve been watching a tone of youtube crap lately (some good, some bad) but I’m curious to know out of all the media and sources etc who do you guys trust the most?

For me the only ones I listen too are

1) Ramona Shelbourne
2) Stephen A Smith
3) RBbreaktrhough – youtube guy

I know they aren’t all just for Lakers trusted Media, but I’m just curious to know who is the most trusted when it comes too leaking news and rumors and BS when it comes to Lakers?

One thing for sure I’m no longer listening too WOJ the guy is a joke - the amount of crap that comes from him and mistakes in his writing is bad as - and this coming from a guy (me) that failed in school - I mean I'm no when near perfect, but I'm not getting paid to write, if you're getting paid and what not then you shouldn't be allowed to make mistakes, I see even Laker nation making mistakes in their posts - it's kind of embarrassing IMO.

And b4 any of you comment on my style like I said - I failed at school & currently a little tipsy - just a little :)

I think Lakers need to also work on Media and get like 1-3 trusted medias (if possible? Lol) and say hey If it doesn’t come from such n such first then it isn’t true

I’m tired of reading/listening to sheet that’s all made up and sheet doesn’t happen

So, who you got?

Edit: hopefully this isn't too hard and you all understand what I'm trying to say LOL
Bring back Defense
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Re: Who do you trust the most when it comes to media, sources & BS news etc 

Post#2 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:20 pm

LA times reporters have been pretty good at reporting what’s real. Stephen A smith clearly makes up **** for arguing points on his talking head sports version of The View, so he’s either last or right near it. Woj and shelbourne are solid when actual stuff is going on, but they gotta keep the EntertainmentSPN news cycle going, so, especially woj, is creating clickbait titles based on speculation when stuff isn’t happening.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#3 » by SlimShady83 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:04 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote: woj, is creating clickbait titles based on speculation when stuff isn’t happening.

That's probably what I'm getting the most out of him - probably why I'm not a fan
Bring back Defense
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#4 » by RamonSessions7 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote: woj, is creating clickbait titles based on speculation when stuff isn’t happening.

That's probably what I'm getting the most out of him - probably why I'm not a fan

Understandable. Especially because his information is usually purposely biased.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by Landsberger » Fri May 17, 2019 3:40 pm

The media is big business and eyeballs are all that matters in the end. They mean $$$.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#6 » by stan francisco » Sun May 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Kevin Ding used to be good. John Black is missed with his sharp official messaging.

Shelbourne?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#7 » by BEazy » Mon May 20, 2019 5:22 am

Mike Trudell
Arash Markazi
Romona Shelburne

Outside LA:
Shams Charania
Woj

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#8 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon May 20, 2019 5:40 am

I’ve always like Colin Cowherd although I have not listened to him in a while.
Ramona and Chams are both solid as is Turner.
Formerly lakerRD
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#9 » by LAKESHOW » Mon May 20, 2019 4:35 pm

Sports by brooks used to have these big boobed girls around, that was enuff for my vote
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#10 » by PKABOOICU » Mon May 20, 2019 6:21 pm

Woj and Shams are the only ones I truly believe, but Woj has repeatedly been beat out by Shams lately, especially after Woj joined ESPN.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#11 » by gts1 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Shelbourne and LA Times writers for the most part seem to have the best actual info.. they don't aggregate their info it's all first hand and they don't over dramatize what's going on.. use context.

Example is all the noise around Linda Rambis is working in the Lakers FO that exploded... Shelbourne was the first and only one who pointed out the obvious that Linda Rambis has been with the Lakers FO since the 1980's that's where she met Kurt when he was a player and she was working for Dr. Buss. Despite this info (which has been publicly available via the Lakers media guides) lot's of the media has ignored this little tidbit and tried to paint her as some hanger on that is behind the scenes doing evil things.

Another scenario the media has been feeding us is Kurt Rambis has slid in and is doing dastardly moves behind the scenes... Two weeks ago Shebourne let it be known when Steve Mason was on some diatribe that Magic hired him a year ago with Jeanies blessing, even while he bashed everything else this morning the one guy he didn't bash was Kurt Rambis, said he was a solid addition to the FO and knows his stuff. Yet that doesn't get repeated very often, the media runs with the juicy story not the story with context
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers