Image ImageImage Image

2019 Draft Thread Volume #6 - Post Lottery

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dimez
Sixth Man
And1: 45

Re: 2019 Draft Thread Volume #6 - Post Lottery 

Post#181 » by dimez » Mon May 20, 2019 12:56 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:Feel like everyone is looking for a reason to not want White. Whether it be hyping up the other prospects or questioning him...

White is the guy and we may have gotten lucky that he may be the only option at 7.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve come around on him prob due to we don’t have much of a choice

I'm in the same boat. We had the 4th worst record in the league and hoped for the #1 pick. That didn't happen. Would've been nice to get #2 to get morant. That also didn't happen. Worst of all, we fall 3 spots to 7. Sucks to give up an asset to move up to 4/5 to grab garland. So at this point, I'm satisfied if white is there at 7 and we select him. Maybe he's not a pure pg but we can use another ballhandler and playmaker to take pressure off Zach.

Sign a vet pg, get healthy and run it back next year. Hope for big improvements from Carter and hutch and maybe we can sneak into the playoffs.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#182 » by Just_Bullz » Mon May 20, 2019 1:46 am

Our 2-5 spots are set with an age span of 20-25 years old and I dont think the 7th pick of either White or Garland is gonna bring the team over the hill or even make them competitive in the near term. The pick has little value in my opinion when there are PGs to be signed in the market.

Pax should do or die sign or trade for a PG to make the team win games. Dont wasting the youth of the core by making them lose over and over again. It totally destroys the mentality of players, I rather lose by being competitive instead of losing by being a lousy basketball team.

But if push comes to shove and Pax still has to draft and its between Garland and White, I would pick the latter as White is able to create his own shot which is an intangible asset may it be for a starter or bench player.

End of the day, the 7th pick should be traded in my humble opinion. It brings nothing much to the table at the current juncture.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#183 » by CoreyVillains » Mon May 20, 2019 2:41 am

Just_Bullz wrote:Our 2-5 spots are set with an age span of 20-25 years old and I dont think the 7th pick of either White or Garland is gonna bring the team over the hill or even make them competitive in the near term. The pick has little value in my opinion when there are PGs to be signed in the market.

Pax should do or die sign or trade for a PG to make the team win games. Dont wasting the youth of the core by making them lose over and over again. It totally destroys the mentality of players, I rather lose by being competitive instead of losing by being a lousy basketball team.

But if push comes to shove and Pax still has to draft and its between Garland and White, I would pick the latter as White is able to create his own shot which is an intangible asset may it be for a starter or bench player.

End of the day, the 7th pick should be traded in my humble opinion. It brings nothing much to the table at the current juncture.

Garland can’t create his own shot? You sure?
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Post#184 » by nykinoz » Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 am

Whats this #7 for Lonzo i'm reading? Any truth to that at all?
Knicks fan since 1991
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#185 » by HomoSapien » Mon May 20, 2019 2:50 am

Nassir Little is growing on me. I wasn't too high on him before after his somewhat disappointing season, but after watching some more tape on him I'm sort of intrigued. We might as well swing for the fences and his potential is undeniable.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#186 » by CjayC » Mon May 20, 2019 3:07 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

Not on the same planet in term of Giannis athleticism. If anything, he's very Luol Deng.

He is more athletic then Deng.

No, he's not.

He definitely is. He doesn't have the stiffness/rigidity that Deng has. He moves way more fluidly.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#187 » by Jcool0 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:07 am

Benedict Miller wrote:
DuckIII wrote:1. Don’t draft White. Take a risk.

2. Unless that risk is Bol Bol.

3. Don’t trade the pick for a vet role player with a known ceiling.

I will be able to make my mind rationalize any other outcome.

Why not white? Take a risk on who? Little?

Read on Twitter
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#188 » by Just_Bullz » Mon May 20, 2019 4:10 am

CoreyVillains wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:Our 2-5 spots are set with an age span of 20-25 years old and I dont think the 7th pick of either White or Garland is gonna bring the team over the hill or even make them competitive in the near term. The pick has little value in my opinion when there are PGs to be signed in the market.

Garland can’t create his own shot? You sure?

Never said he cant but i feel White does a better job at it. But end of the day, neither of them is relevant unless Pax feels they can bring significant value to the team.
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#189 » by Benedict Miller » Mon May 20, 2019 4:44 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:
DuckIII wrote:1. Don’t draft White. Take a risk.

2. Unless that risk is Bol Bol.

3. Don’t trade the pick for a vet role player with a known ceiling.

I will be able to make my mind rationalize any other outcome.

Why not white? Take a risk on who? Little?

Read on Twitter

I like him
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#190 » by MeloRoseNoah » Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 am

nykinoz wrote:Whats this #7 for Lonzo i'm reading? Any truth to that at all?

I don't believe that this rumor is true on the Bulls side. It's more from LA media to hype up Lonzo Ball value. It's very obvious to me that Lonzo Ball will not wear a Lakers jersey by the start of next season.

However, due to the increasing Lonzo Ball trade rumor, I'm starting to believe that LA did promise to draft Garland at pg, allowing Garland to play more of an shooting guard role at pg while Lebron plays pg at sf/pf.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,857

Post#191 » by Dresden » Mon May 20, 2019 4:53 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:

I don't believe that this rumor is true on the Bulls side. It's more from LA media to hype up Lonzo Ball value. It's very obvious to me that Lonzo Ball will not wear a Lakers jersey by the start of next season.

However, due to the increasing Lonzo Ball trade rumor, I'm starting to believe that LA did promise to draft Garland at pg, allowing Garland to play more of an shooting guard role at pg while Lebron plays pg at sf/pf.

Funny, they drafted Russell at pg, then discarded him for a more pass first pg in Ball, and now they're going to ditch him to go back with a scoring pg like Garland.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter

Post#192 » by MeloRoseNoah » Mon May 20, 2019 4:57 am

Dresden wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

Funny, they drafted Russell at pg, then discarded him for a more pass first pg in Ball, and now they're going to ditch him to go back with a scoring pg like Garland.

King James wants shooting. It's becoming obvious that the Lakers will do everything necessary to build around James.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,812

Post#193 » by kulaz3000 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:24 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
Dresden wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

King James wants shooting. It's becoming obvious that the Lakers will do everything necessary to build around James.

They have no choice but to build around LeBron considering that it seems like even the top tier free agents don't really want to play for him or be part of the franchise currently.

They've already wasted one year of LeBron's tenure there, by absurdly attempting to build around non-shooters around him, this time, they are likely to go the other way entirely and surround him with strictly shooters, which is the right move.
Why so serious?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#194 » by Repeat 3-peat » Mon May 20, 2019 5:46 am

Joe Cowley from the Chicago Sun Times reported that if the Bulls dropped in the lottery or had stayed at #4, the Bulls could try to trade for Ball. Also reported that the Bulls and the Lakers talked about a Lonzo trade at the trade deadline.

Now K.C Johnson from the Chicago Tribune brought up the possibility of a trade for Ball.

There is enough smoke to believe this could happen.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter

Post#195 » by MeloRoseNoah » Mon May 20, 2019 6:27 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:

Joe Cowley from the Chicago Sun Times reported that if the Bulls dropped in the lottery or had stayed at #4, the Bulls could try to trade for Ball. Also reported that the Bulls and the Lakers talked about a Lonzo trade at the trade deadline.

Now K.C Johnson from the Chicago Tribune brought up the possibility of a trade for Ball.

There is enough smoke to believe this could happen.

Wouldn't surprise me to see GarPax get bent in a trade, especially with us giving up first rounders for busts.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter

Post#196 » by MeloRoseNoah » Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 am

Draft rumors among the NBA circle have both Garland White having lottery promise before the #7 overall pick. That's fantastic news!
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#197 » by R3AL1TY » Mon May 20, 2019 6:52 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:Draft rumors among the NBA circle have both Garland White having lottery promise before the #7 overall pick. That's fantastic news!

If true and the Bulls avoid Ball, that means they will have a good number of wings to choose from.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#198 » by GimmeDat » Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 am

I wonder how high Sekou's ceiling is relative to Hunter. They're a similar archetype - 2-way combo forwards. Sekou's defense apparently has some bright sparks but is a real project and he has some areas of liability right now that he really has to develop on that end. He's also shot 29% from 3 in 600 minutes this season - his shot certainly looks comfortable and promising, but we shouldn't be expecting him to come in and shoot the ball well. He's 18 still, the potential is absolutely there, but it might be easy to watch the 34 point game (against pretty poor defense), and be kidded in to thinking he's already a polished player.

Hunter is an efficient shooter and has some pull-up/mid-range game. Is that exactly what Sekou aspires to be, or can he be more?

Even if Sekou's ceiling is somewhat higher, Hunter is basically at his own ceiling just about already. It's an interesting debate about who to take out of those 2. I think I'd go Hunter, he's already at a level defensively that Sekou's absolute ceiling is, and Hunter's still like 70-80% of what I think Sekou's offensive ceiling can be, I think.
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#199 » by Benedict Miller » Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 am

GimmeDat wrote:I wonder how high Sekou's ceiling is relative to Hunter. They're a similar archetype - 2-way combo forwards. Sekou's defense apparently has some bright sparks but is a real project and he has some areas of liability right now that he really has to develop on that end. He's also shot 29% from 3 in 600 minutes this season - his shot certainly looks comfortable and promising, but we shouldn't be expecting him to come in and shoot the ball well. He's 18 still, the potential is absolutely there, but it might be easy to watch the 34 point game (against pretty poor defense), and be kidded in to thinking he's already a polished player.

Hunter is an efficient shooter and has some pull-up/mid-range game. Is that exactly what Sekou aspires to be, or can he be more?

Even if Sekou's ceiling is somewhat higher, Hunter is basically at his own ceiling just about already. It's an interesting debate about who to take out of those 2. I think I'd go Hunter, he's already at a level defensively that Sekou's absolute ceiling is, and Hunter's still like 70-80% of what I think Sekou's offensive ceiling can be, I think.

I don't expect Hunter to be there by the time we pick.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#200 » by GimmeDat » Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 am

Some more of the rumors buzzing around, I'll update the OP when I'm home -

doordoor123 wrote:Just want to catch you up on some rumors. I’ll post sources moving forward, but you guys can probably google these or search twitter. Coby White has a promise before the Bulls pick, my guess either Suns or Cavs. Timberwolves like Hachimura, Hornets like Brandon Clarke, Heat like Bol Bol (Makes sense, they like upside players), Pistons like Romeo Langford (makes sense, Casey had a player that didn’t shoot threes in DeMar DeRozan when he was in Toronto), Magic like Bruno Fernando (looks like they’re moving on from Vucevic — they’ve been working out centers), 76ers interested in Cameron Johnson, Carsen Edwards wants to play in Phili and it seems like a good fit, Spurs still like Jontay Porter and might pick him with their second pick, Boston likes Tyler Herro (they need shooting), Bucks like Ty Jerome (fits coach Bud’s system really well)

Return to Chicago Bulls