Lateral move
5%

Total votes: 40

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Re: Ball for no.7 pick (Bulls)? 

Post#21 » by SlimShady83 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 am

Gotta make it part of a 3 team trade - you don't trade Ball for #7 unless you know you can get either AD OR Beal in return
Bring back Defense
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#22 » by stan francisco » Mon May 20, 2019 10:20 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:How about Zach LaVine and the 7th for Bonga and KCP?

Stop insulting our intelligence.

Realistically, what do you think you can get out of Ball? Considering what you received back for Russell.

Considering that you accepted what you got for Michael Jordan when he went to the Wizards, would you trade x for a pair of sweaty socks in return? It’s just not a good angle to negotiate from.

DLo and Mozgov got us Kuzma, Hart, LeBron.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#23 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 am

[/quote] Don't really see this happening unless it's expanded a bit further, perhaps part of an Anthony Davis deal. If Lonzo Ball really doesn't want to be in New Orleans, and the Pelicans are turned off they could expand it to a 3-team deal with either Phoenix or Chicago where their pick plus whatever assets they're willing to pony up going to New Orleans.[/quote]

I agree, that would be the most realistic scenario unless the Lakers really like someone at no.7.[/quote]

We're picking number 4 right? If we want someone in this draft I bet we'll pick it at 4.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#24 » by Dr Aki » Mon May 20, 2019 11:07 am

No, for three reasons:
1. The Lakers are in win now mode. The #7 doesn't help the Lakers win now.
2. The Lakers love Ball for the same reasons the Bulls want him - dense, rebounding, pass-first. Who at #7 does that as well as Ball? Noone. That's why the Bulls want Lonzo for the #7.
3. He's worth more to us than to you. It's going to take a gross overpay for you to pry him away.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#25 » by King Ken » Mon May 20, 2019 11:12 am

Chatter box talk. My sources tell me he is available for a star or superstar. Like AD or Beal. He is not available for a draft pick.

PHX reached out already to LA and the reply was Devin Booker
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#26 » by Spens1 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:01 pm

King Ken wrote:Chatter box talk. My sources tell me he is available for a star or superstar. Like AD or Beal. He is not available for a draft pick.

PHX reached out already to LA and the reply was Devin Booker

I'd take Ayton for Lonzo to be honest. I think Phoenix's thinking would be to pair the two of them up in the backcourt.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#27 » by TyCobb » Mon May 20, 2019 1:24 pm

The Bulls board is straight comedy. Must read.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#28 » by stan francisco » Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 pm

TyCobb wrote:The Bulls board is straight comedy. Must read.

:lol:

I’m not gonna visit, out of fear of not being able to avoid replying.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#29 » by Trips71 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:08 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:If the bulls do that, what will they be left with?

I think the more sensible trade would be... Lonzo and ingram for number 7, #38 (Luka saminick) and wc Jr.

We need to keep kuzma for cap space reasons. Losing lonzo and Ingram would give us more financial flexibility.

#7 for Beal

Beal/kwahi/kuz/LeBron/wc

No way the Wizards trade Beal for just the 7th pick.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#30 » by Pointgod » Mon May 20, 2019 7:22 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:First off, I want to say I'm a Bulls fan.

Though this is just a rumour, there are talks that the Bulls are taking a close look at Lonzo, now whether it would be via trade of players, or the draft pick (no.7), I don't know, however, when you consider the players that we have, I don't see the Bulls giving up either Lauri, WCJ or LaVine for Lonzo, nor do I see them trading Porter. The most logical trade scenario would involve the no.7 pick that the Bulls have, plus fillers.

Personally, I think it's a good deal, as he would be an upgrade from Dunn, and though he still has issues from an offensive scoring perspective, he is young and talented enough where I believe he would be worth the gamble. Also, we have two key young prospects who are big men, who deserves an intelligent playmaker like Lonzo.

As Lakers fans, how do you all view this deal?

As a Lakers fan it’s good to see perspectives from other team’s fans, the insane general board hate aside. That being said 7th pick for Lonzo in a historically weak draft makes zero sense, unless it’s part of a larger trade that gets the Lakers AD and while keeping Kuzma.

Otherwise the 7th pick in this draft is poor value for Lonzo despite his massive flaws when it comes to shooting, has already shown good defensive potential and is a good facilitator. For all the reasons the Bulls want him the Lakers could use him as well. The problem is that Lonzo is more suited as a 4th option on offense, but Lakers don’t have a consistent #2 and #3 option. I can see Lonzo fitting well on the Bulls considering they have Lavine, Porter and Markkanen to do all the scoring. But there no sense in the Lakers trading for more youth/draft picks, they need vets.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,590

Post#31 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon May 20, 2019 7:40 pm

TyCobb wrote:The Bulls board is straight comedy. Must read.

RedBulls23 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:7 for Ball has to be the best deal out there. It's insane that we'd have to include more.

I think it's insane that they would have to include the 7th. Ball's value is so low right now, and he's oft injured.

I'd give them couple 2nd rounders and Dunn.

And this is coming from a mod... :nonono:
LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Post#32 » by LBC SoCal » Mon May 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Hellz to the no. Wow to the fact it was even asked.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#33 » by TyCobb » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm

As will we... since we are 'deusional' and all.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#34 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:32 pm

The Regime wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
The Regime wrote:

If you're interested in discussing the trade, you're more than welcome to. If you're coming here to cause issues, we'll stop that for you.

How are you going to come on the Laker board and accuse me of causing issues? :lol:

Because you quoated us and we thought we were on the Bulls board considering we made this post on the Bulls board.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#35 » by dockingsched » Mon May 20, 2019 8:47 pm

The Regime wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:7 for Ball has to be the best deal out there. It's insane that we'd have to include more.

I think it's insane that they would have to include the 7th. Ball's value is so low right now, and he's oft injured.

That first post is fair if they were only looking at it from the Bulls point, may be it is insane there have to include more than the 7th. In reality the player you project to get there in this draft would be a far inferior prospect to what Ball currently projects to be.

Only reason Lakers would make that move is if they wanted the additional years of rookie contract control, which lakers wouldn’t value as much value as much as having the player that is both currently better and would also project to be better.

That other post about Dunn and 2nds appears to be the type of insane posts people make when they only expect people of the same fan base to read it.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,590

Post#36 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
The Regime wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
If you're interested in discussing the trade, you're more than welcome to. If you're coming here to cause issues, we'll stop that for you.

How are you going to come on the Laker board and accuse me of causing issues? :lol:

Because you quoated us and we thought we were on the Bulls board considering we made this post on the Bulls board.

Look man I'm not trying to start ****, I've got nothing against Bulls posters...but if you can go back to your board and share opinions from the Lakers fans then I have every right to do the same.

I'll avoid using a direct quote next time.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#37 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:54 pm

dockingsched wrote:
The Regime wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:I think it's insane that they would have to include the 7th. Ball's value is so low right now, and he's oft injured.

That first post is fair if they were only looking at it from the Bulls point, may be it is insane there have to include more than the 7th. In reality the player you project to get there in this draft would be a far inferior prospect to what Ball currently projects to be.

Only reason Lakers would make that move is if they wanted the additional years of rookie contract control, which lakers wouldn’t value as much value as much as having the player that is both currently better and would also project to be better.

That other post about Dunn and 2nds appears to be the type of insane posts people make when they only expect people of the same fan base to read it.

I know for sure Dunn and two 2nds isn't fair value. It's what I would be comfortable trading for him, because I just don't think that highly of Lonzo Ball. I don't see how he projects to be far better than a guy like DeAndre Hunter for example.

In general, I don't see a guards potential in today's league who can't shoot and has very poor mechanics where I don't see how he becomes good in that department.

I don't mean any disrespect, but all in all I'll just have to agree to disagree on the potential of Lonzo Ball.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#38 » by RedBulls23 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 pm

The Regime wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
The Regime wrote:

Look man I'm not trying to start ****, I've got nothing against Bulls posters...but if you can go back to your board and share opinions from the Lakers fans then I have every right to do the same.

I'll avoid using a direct quote next time.

No, I'm saying I thought I was on the Bulls board when you quoted me, as I'm sure as did Homosapien.

Doubt he would have warned you if he knew you quoted us on the Lakers board.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#39 » by Kilroy » Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 pm

Stupid thread is stupid.
-Kilroy
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#40 » by TyCobb » Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 pm

Just embarassing really. :rofl:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers