Anthony Davis Trades

Moderator: bwgood77

oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Re: Anthony Davis Trades 

Post#41 » by oligo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:40 pm

BB_Fan wrote:Dell Demps should be fired as GM if he makes a deal with lakers before Free agency.

Lol. It looks like he was fired just because he didn't accept the deal.
#FireVlade
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#42 » by pelifan » Fri Mar 1, 2019 3:00 am

oligo wrote:
BB_Fan wrote:Dell Demps should be fired as GM if he makes a deal with lakers before Free agency.

saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#43 » by saloonyk8 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:24 am

Atlanta Hawks FRP #5 &#8 from Mavs, Bazemore, T Prince, Spellman, Len for AD?

Worse than Knicks not number one pick and Knox?
Commit to the process
JamesDolan
Junior
And1: 231

Post#44 » by JamesDolan » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:35 am

If I was the Pelicans I want Robinson (home town boy) who would resign in the big easy. Plus has scary defensive potential.

Throw him in with the Knicks pick and I might make the trade? Where Tatum might not be interested in staying in New Orleans. Robinson would stay.

Why trade for players, who might not want to be here? I want picks instead or local talent like Mitchell Robinson.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using RealGM mobile app
PELICANSFAN
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#45 » by PELICANSFAN » Mon Apr 8, 2019 7:45 pm

JamesDolan wrote:If I was the Pelicans I want Robinson (home town boy) who would resign in the big easy. Plus has scary defensive potential.

Throw him in with the Knicks pick and I might make the trade? Where Tatum might not be interested in staying in New Orleans. Robinson would stay.

Why trade for players, who might not want to be here? I want picks instead or local talent like Mitchell Robinson.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using RealGM mobile app

Any trade that would net the Pelicans Zion would be the winner. Absent that, I see the Celtics as the leader.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#46 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:05 pm

I think the best trading partner is Phoenix. They need a PF. Have a great medical staff and can give NO. Young Talent and draft picks.

I think Suns give 2019 and 2021 URFR
Plus
warren
Jackson
Bridges
Holmes
Evans.

NO gives
AD

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y46pqmr3
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#47 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:30 am

In what order would New Orleans value these pick combos?

9&14
14&20&22
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#48 » by pelifan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:In what order would New Orleans value these pick combos?

9&14
14&20&22

in that order
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#49 » by the_process » Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm

oligo wrote:

While you might be right, it's a damn good thing Demps was willing to sacrifice because Ingram is untradable and essentially worthless now.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#50 » by MagicFan101 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:45 am

So who in this draft class does NO want to pair with Zion to build for the future?

They can trade AD to New York or the Lakers for their pick and grab RJ or Garland ... assuming Memphis locks in on Ja.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#51 » by SamFlow » Wed May 15, 2019 4:42 am

MagicFan101 wrote:So who in this draft class does NO want to pair with Zion to build for the future?

They can trade AD to New York or the Lakers for their pick and grab RJ or Garland ... assuming Memphis locks in on Ja.

They need the sf and pg.

Rj in a trade involving Davis but also including DSjr and future picks of role players to fit into the new team.

So
PG Dennis Smith Jr at PG ----- or trade DSjr and some picks to get JA or Garland
SG Jrue or trade him.....
SF RJ Barrett
PF Zion
C Okafor

something to this effect. Get rid of your high cost players. get future picks. Get a young group of high end talent to move forward with. Should be glad he wasn't traded to the lakers at the break.
BigDaddyJungle
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#52 » by Bensational » Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am

I feel like a deal with NYK makes too much sense.

Just spitballing, I wonder if Chicago would bother making a run? Markkanen + Porter + #7 for Davis.

Markkanen
Zion
Porter
Holiday
(White/Garland)

Lots of spacing for Zion to go Giannis on them.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#53 » by HeatIn5 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:40 am

with Anthony Davis going away and you guys needing a rim protector, what do you guys think about taking Whiteside? He's a 27 million expiring who you can have for a 2nd round pick and eat with all your cap.

He would fit with the Lakers or Celtics deal, and would be an easy get if the Knicks don't give up Robinson.
Read on Twitter
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#54 » by Worst_to_First » Sat May 18, 2019 6:14 am

RJ may be Zion’s best bud but I think the lack of spacing that one can create for each other hinders the effectivitt of both.

In this draft class I think Darius Garland, which could be had with the Lakers’ 4th pick, given his outside shooting prowess is the perfect complement to Zion.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#55 » by Alonzo_Morning » Tue May 21, 2019 9:37 am

All in on #HE STAY

AD/Jrue/Zion. Come on now. That's just redicerous.

Because of all the offensive potential there you don't even need a star 3+D wing like Tatum who needs the ball to be effective. Just a role playing one which are much easier to find
AllHype3
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#56 » by AllHype3 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Davis for Embiid straight up under assumption Davis extends.

Sent from my SM-J327V using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#57 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2019 5:45 pm

How about the Nets trade Caris LeVert/Jarrett Allen/Rodions Kurucs/Allen Crabbe($18 mil expiring) + #17, #27 for Davis?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#58 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:with Anthony Davis going away and you guys needing a rim protector, what do you guys think about taking Whiteside? He's a 27 million expiring who you can have for a 2nd round pick and eat with all your cap.

He would fit with the Lakers or Celtics deal, and would be an easy get if the Knicks don't give up Robinson.

Where is his head at? I like the idea of absorbing bad, short term contracts, but don’t want negativity, drama or whiners as our veteren presences.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#59 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Thu May 23, 2019 7:53 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:All in on #HE STAY

Because of all the offensive potential there you don't even need a star 3+D wing like Tatum who needs the ball to be effective. Just a role playing one which are much easier to find

Was the issue for Davis all about Winning and being on a contender or does he also want to leave New Orleans? Big Markets mean more merchandise revenue.

I assume Julius Randle would be traded for someone good. Add a useful free agent and the Pelicans would have one the top 3 teams in the West; but is that good enough for Davis?
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#60 » by Alonzo_Morning » Thu May 23, 2019 1:11 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:All in on #HE STAY

Was the issue for Davis all about Winning and being on a contender or does he also want to leave New Orleans? Big Markets mean more merchandise revenue.

Publicly it was all about winning. Going to the bright lights of LA, LeBron and a good young cast seemed to align with what he was saying. Obviously much, MUCH has changed since then that we've all been following. It's obvious how dysfunctional LA really was, so that narrative can't really be relied on anymore. Yes, he will get more merchandising revenue and so will Klutch, so you can bet they are still right in his ear about leaving because it benefits them a lot. But with Zion and the complete FO overhaul, he has a really good chance of winning staying put. Virtually the same amount as anywhere else he might go.

Griffin is meeting with Davis around the time of the draft so we probably won't know anymore for about a month.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans