Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#581 » by TheNetsFan » Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 am

Broussard is a blowhard, but while on with Cowherd, he states:
1) Nets making as hard a push as anyone for AD (although he mentions Russell in a deal which makes no sense because S&Ts don’t happen anymore).
2) Nets only make a huge AD offer if they get Kyrie, because the goal is to pair them.
3) Kyrie grew up a Nets fan (well known)
4) Kyrie likes the idea of less local Media BS in Brooklyn
5) While the Knicks are the kings of basketball in NY locally, nationally, there’s minimal difference.

The last point is key, and why the “little brother” franchises are set up for success. In today’s NBA guys can become stars anywhere.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#582 » by Papi_swav » Tue May 21, 2019 4:30 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Broussard is a blowhard, but while on with Cowherd, he states:
1) Nets making as hard a push as anyone for AD (although he mentions Russell in a deal which makes no sense because S&Ts don’t happen anymore).
2) Nets only make a huge AD offer if they get Kyrie, because the goal is to pair them.
5) While the Knicks are the kings of basketball in NY locally, nationally, there’s minimal difference.

The last point is key, and why the “little brother” franchises are set up for success. In today’s NBA guys can become stars anywhere.

Wait so we can't do sign and trades anymore? I can't lie, I love what Russell did for us this year but I'm definitely all for trading him for AD, he is our biggest asset and him being an all star will help his value lots. Russell, Allen, 2 1st round picks and ummm Crabbe? Really really hope we wouldn't have to add Din or Levert with that package. Celtics definitely have a better package than us but hopefully our boy London gives us a discount :D EDIT: can't really include Crabbe in this deal because Russ will get more than 20Ms unless we take back Solomin Hill or someone like that.

If we get AD then we definitely have to get a Kyrie , even though I hate the idea of Kyrie being here honestly, but we will need to pair AD with a stud and I'm not sure Kemba has a big enough name for him. Although I think I would rather Kemba over Kyrie.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#583 » by Prokorov » Tue May 21, 2019 4:43 am

Papi_swav wrote:

Wait so we can't do sign and trades anymore? I can't lie, I love what Russell did for us this year but I'm definitely all for trading him for AD, he is our biggest asset and him being an all star will help his value lots. Russell, Allen, 2 1st round picks and ummm Crabbe? Really really hope we wouldn't have to add Din or Levert with that package. Celtics definitely have a better package than us but hopefully our boy London gives us a discount :D EDIT: can't really include Crabbe in this deal because Russ will get more than 20Ms unless we take back Solomin Hill or someone like that.

If we get AD then we definitely have to get a Kyrie , even though I hate the idea of Kyrie being here honestly, but we will need to pair AD with a stud and I'm not sure Kemba has a big enough name for him. Although I think I would rather Kemba over Kyrie.

i think levert makes more sense then Dlo... for one, they wouldnt have to pay Dlo the max. second, the pelicans already have holiday who is basically Dlo only more proven and a bit older.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#584 » by Papi_swav » Tue May 21, 2019 4:48 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

i think levert makes more sense then Dlo... for one, they wouldnt have to pay Dlo the max. second, the pelicans already have holiday who is basically Dlo only more proven and a bit older.

true, but I think DLo making the all star adds value to his resume so we won't have to blow the whole team up. And with a S&T it will almost balance out the salaries for AD. Tough choice because I love both of those guys. I think Jrue and DLo can play together, Rondo and Jrue played their best together on the same court. But your right, Levert makes more sense for them. I mean I will be ok with giving up either or but not BOTH is mainly my point. So do you think Levert, Allen, Crabbe and 2 1st works or we need to add more?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#585 » by Prokorov » Tue May 21, 2019 4:53 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Wait so we can't do sign and trades anymore? I can't lie, I love what Russell did for us this year but I'm definitely all for trading him for AD, he is our biggest asset and him being an all star will help his value lots. Russell, Allen, 2 1st round picks and ummm Crabbe? Really really hope we wouldn't have to add Din or Levert with that package. Celtics definitely have a better package than us but hopefully our boy London gives us a discount :D EDIT: can't really include Crabbe in this deal because Russ will get more than 20Ms unless we take back Solomin Hill or someone like that.

true, but I think DLo making the all star adds value to his resume so we won't have to blow the whole team up. And with a S&T it will almost balance out the salaries for AD. Tough choice because I love both of those guys. I think Jrue and DLo can play together, Rondo and Jrue played their best together on the same court. But your right, Levert makes more sense for them. I mean I will be ok with giving up either or but not BOTH is mainly my point. So do you think Levert, Allen, Crabbe and 2 1st works or we need to add more?

I honestly dont know what it will take. I would image trajan being their GM helps our case...

That said, does that offer top a knicks offer around the 3 pick or a lakers offer around the 4 pick? I think it trumps a celtics offer that excludes tatum. with tatum they have the edge... but my guess is kyrie walks and ainge doesnt double down on trading assets for stars who wont stay and i think AD will make it clear he wont stay

If it DID take Dlo, levert, allen and 2 picks do i make the trade? no... i think it strips too much of our identity. although i think that the nets probably would do it. it is certainly great value for us.

id definitely do it with just one of Dlo or Levert in the deal. keeping Dlo obviously would be most ideal... but with levert we could flirt with AD + 2 ,max guys or 1 more max and a ton of money left to spend
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#586 » by Papi_swav » Tue May 21, 2019 4:58 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I honestly dont know what it will take. I would image trajan being their GM helps our case...

That said, does that offer top a knicks offer around the 3 pick or a lakers offer around the 4 pick? I think it trumps a celtics offer that excludes tatum. with tatum they have the edge... but my guess is kyrie walks and ainge doesnt double down on trading assets for stars who wont stay and i think AD will make it clear he wont stay

If it DID take Dlo, levert, allen and 2 picks do i make the trade? no... i think it strips too much of our identity. although i think that the nets probably would do it. it is certainly great value for us.

id definitely do it with just one of Dlo or Levert in the deal. keeping Dlo obviously would be most ideal... but with levert we could flirt with AD + 2 ,max guys or 1 more max and a ton of money left to spend

Agree with everything you said, I just hope we don't do that deal with both Lever AND Dlo, that's half our team right there. I do think Knicks, Lakers and Boston have the better package than us and they seem more desperate than us. AD in a Nets uniform is a long shot for now.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#587 » by Prokorov » Tue May 21, 2019 5:01 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:true, but I think DLo making the all star adds value to his resume so we won't have to blow the whole team up. And with a S&T it will almost balance out the salaries for AD. Tough choice because I love both of those guys. I think Jrue and DLo can play together, Rondo and Jrue played their best together on the same court. But your right, Levert makes more sense for them. I mean I will be ok with giving up either or but not BOTH is mainly my point. So do you think Levert, Allen, Crabbe and 2 1st works or we need to add more?

Agree with everything you said, I just hope we don't do that deal with both Lever AND Dlo, that's half our team right there. I do think Knicks, Lakers and Boston have the better package than us and they seem more desperate than us. AD in a Nets uniform is a long shot for now.

AD will also have a say in it.... how much does he want to team with Durant? how much does he want to avoid boston? we already know he wants to play with lebron.

trade would likely come before FA... so if we could pull this off we become front runners for AD, Kawhi, or kyrie for sure
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#588 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 am

Broussard immediately lost all credibility when he mentioned Russell.

EVEN if the Nets were planning on going the Irving/Davis route, which to me is also a bit iffy because of Davis being a free agent and the price would most likely be LeVert/Allen/Kurucs #17 and Crabbe's expiring, no one would tell Broussard they were going to be trading D'Angelo Russell since they can't. Dude is just making **** up.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#589 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2019 10:56 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:true, but I think DLo making the all star adds value to his resume so we won't have to blow the whole team up. And with a S&T it will almost balance out the salaries for AD. Tough choice because I love both of those guys. I think Jrue and DLo can play together, Rondo and Jrue played their best together on the same court. But your right, Levert makes more sense for them. I mean I will be ok with giving up either or but not BOTH is mainly my point. So do you think Levert, Allen, Crabbe and 2 1st works or we need to add more?

Russell is a restricted free agent. He literally can tell the Nets to go **** themselves and sign an offer sheet with the Suns or Magic.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#590 » by MGrand15 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Russell is awesome but his trade value is lower than LeVert. He's gonna be making near max money next year. LeVert is on a extra cheap late first round pick contract. Even contracts aside, plenty of people around the league would take LeVert over Russell. Not saying it's everyone but it's definitely mixed even though that's blasphemous here.

Even if you 100% believe in Russell, he's no longer a trade chip. Which is fine. Bradley Beal would've been tough to sign and trade for 125 million when he first signed his contract. Now teams would kill for him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#591 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Russell is awesome but his trade value is lower than LeVert. He's gonna be making near max money next year. LeVert is on a extra cheap late first round pick contract. Even contracts aside, plenty of people around the league would take LeVert over Russell. Not saying it's everyone but it's definitely mixed even though that's blasphemous here.

Even if you 100% believe in Russell, he's no longer a trade chip. Which is fine. Bradley Beal would've been tough to sign and trade for 125 million when he first signed his contract. Now teams would kill for him.

LeVert has more trade value than Russell just based on the contract situation alone + his (LeVert's) performance in the playoffs had to raise more than a few eyebrows. Russell is not a trade able asset at this point.

Why this is being entertained on here is baffling to me because we all know what the deal is right now. Broussard was spewing lies for the rubes watching that show who won't bother to fact check him.

Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#592 » by Papi_swav » Tue May 21, 2019 3:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Russell is a restricted free agent. He literally can tell the Nets to go **** themselves and sign an offer sheet with the Suns or Magic.

yea but he's restricted so we can match any contract he signs, so doesn't that mean we can still S&T him ?
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#593 » by kamaze » Tue May 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Portland is giving Damian Lillard the super max perfect timing to steal Jake Layman.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#594 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Agree with everything you said, I just hope we don't do that deal with both Lever AND Dlo, that's half our team right there. I do think Knicks, Lakers and Boston have the better package than us and they seem more desperate than us. AD in a Nets uniform is a long shot for now.

yea but he's restricted so we can match any contract he signs, so doesn't that mean we can still S&T him ?

Russell can't be traded for three months if the Nets were to match a deal for him.

Also, as it stands now, the Nets could trade Crabbe/LeVert/Allen/Kurucs + 17/27 for Davis.

Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#595 » by Papi_swav » Tue May 21, 2019 7:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Russell can't be traded for three months if the Nets were to match a deal for him.

Also, as it stands now, the Nets could trade Crabbe/LeVert/Allen/Kurucs + 17/27 for Davis.

Oh I didn't know that's the new rules.

I highly doubt that package gets AD. Celtics, Lakers and Knicks have better offers and are more desperate than us. Worth a shot though.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#596 » by kamaze » Tue May 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Why would you want to trade for AD when he's a free agent next summer and wants to play in LA?

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#597 » by Prokorov » Wed May 22, 2019 12:37 pm

kamaze wrote:Why would you want to trade for AD when he's a free agent next summer and wants to play in LA?

he is unlikely to be a free agent next summer, whoever signs him will look to sign an extensions. if he gets traded to the knicks, nets, clippers, lakers he would likely extend... celtics would probably go like Kyrie did and he would be a free agent but i cant see ainge trading for him see he woldnt want to be burned twice
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#598 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:Why would you want to trade for AD when he's a free agent next summer and wants to play in LA?

he is unlikely to be a free agent next summer, whoever signs him will look to sign an extensions. if he gets traded to the knicks, nets, clippers, lakers he would likely extend... celtics would probably go like Kyrie did and he would be a free agent but i cant see ainge trading for him see he woldnt want to be burned twice

Trading for Davis also makes us look a lot more enticing to Durant or Leonard.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#599 » by Prokorov » Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Trading for Davis also makes us look a lot more enticing to Durant or Leonard.

yup...
kamaze
General Manager

Post#600 » by kamaze » Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
But yeah, this guy will definitely thrive in New York where the media will rip him to shreds the moment things go wrong :lol:

This guy can't handle 1/10th of what Carmelo had to deal with. Good luck.

it is inevitable that will happen...

but it will come after a honeymoon phase. look back to early on with Carmello, he was a king there. it wasnt too a few years later and failing to take them far that he started getting destroyed

early on, durant will be a god there. The media knows they will need access to durant for 2-4 years, they wont burn bridges day 1 and it is easier for them to write stories about him maybe getting them a title then to tear him down from the get go. same with fans, they will be talking about titles and bringing in davis not about killing durant

What are you going to say when/if KD signs somewhere other than NY? I mean your just a guy from jersey/brooklyn.... I don't get how your opinion is always the right one and everyone else's opinion is wrong. You prattle on how KD needs to do this or that. KD is his own man. He will make his own decisions. If he does choose NY and doesn't take them to the finals in his first year the press will turn on hime in a new york minute. KD would bring way more hype and expectations than Melo could ever imagine. Comparing the Melo situation to KD is just down right ludicrous (I'm not saying your comparing KD to Melo as individual players)

He's always right...in his own mind. :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets