Free Agent Possibilities

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,930

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#181 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:14 pm

iQon wrote:Toronto seems to be worthless outside of Kahwi. This is the first time that I've felt confident that we were actually in play for his services. If he actually wants help, it's not happening with that roster.

I think there has always been a good chance. Clippers are more attractive from an organization perspective but it when it boils down to playoff contention you want LeBron on your team. Kawhi and LeBron are both consistently great in the playoffs. It'd be great to know you can rely on someone else in that moment.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#182 » by Pythagoras » Sat May 18, 2019 7:56 pm

iQon wrote:Toronto seems to be worthless outside of Kahwi. This is the first time that I've felt confident that we were actually in play for his services. If he actually wants help, it's not happening with that roster.

Me too. That supporting cast has gotten old and is being exposed in the playoffs. I think we may be more in play than I initially thought.
Numbers rule the universe.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#183 » by myersia » Wed May 22, 2019 3:03 am

At this point maybe we need to just go all in on Jimmie butler of Kemba. Probably only impactful free agents we even get a shot at. Then go after deandre Jordan and use the fourth pick for a shooter or draft a shooter.

Lonzo, Jimmy Butler, Ingram, Lebron, DJ is a lot better than last year.

Lonzo Kemba Ingram Lebron DJ also is better than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#184 » by Pointgod » Wed May 22, 2019 3:47 am

Pythagoras wrote:

Me too. That supporting cast has gotten old and is being exposed in the playoffs. I think we may be more in play than I initially thought.

No way we’re in play with Kahwi as long as Lebron is on the team. He wants to be the man and wants free reign on the offense. He can’t do that with “The King” on the team. Toronto is actually in a hell of a lot better shape than you give them credit for since all their big contracts expire next season.

Instead of aiming for the tier 1 free agents, we should focus on Kemba, Kyrie, Jimmy Butler or take a Hail Mary shot at Klay Thompson. Then we absolutely need to trade some youth for immediate help for Lebron.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#185 » by Pythagoras » Wed May 22, 2019 3:58 am

myersia wrote:At this point maybe we need to just go all in on Jimmie butler of Kemba. Probably only impactful free agents we even get a shot at. Then go after deandre Jordan and use the fourth pick for a shooter or draft a shooter.

Kemba is my guy if it’s between Jimmy and him. I think we could absolutely land Kemba if we made him a priority.

I like DJ as well but I’d rather a “stretch 5” like Dedmond.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#186 » by nzahir » Wed May 22, 2019 5:23 am

Pythagoras wrote:
myersia wrote:At this point maybe we need to just go all in on Jimmie butler of Kemba. Probably only impactful free agents we even get a shot at. Then go after deandre Jordan and use the fourth pick for a shooter or draft a shooter.

Kemba is my guy if it’s between Jimmy and him. I think we could absolutely land Kemba if we made him a priority.

Kemba would be an unbelievable #3 if we got AD, but a bit of an underwhelming #2.

Kemba, ZO, Room Exception Forward, Lebron, AD
Vet mins all around, buyouts

Do we get a bi annual btw?

Kemba and Beal would be a nice #2 and #3 punch.

Sign Kemba

Lonzo (send to Bulls for #7 and Wiz get #7), BI, 4th pick, Bonga for Beal and #9 if salaries work. If not, we also add Wagner and wiz throw in future 1st protected or 2 2nds? A bit of an overpay possibly, but

Kemba, Beal, Lebron, Kuzma, Room Level C
Hart, 9th pick, Wagner

Would try to trade Kuzma for a cheap good forward 3 and d guy
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#187 » by tviper » Wed May 22, 2019 5:47 am

nzahir wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Kemba would be an unbelievable #3 if we got AD, but a bit of an underwhelming #2.

Sign Kemba

Lonzo (send to Bulls for #7 and Wiz get #7), BI, 4th pick, Bonga for Beal and #9 if salaries work. If not, we also add Wagner and wiz throw in future 1st protected or 2 2nds? A bit of an overpay possibly, but

Hart, 9th pick, Wagner

"Do we get a bi annual btw?" No, not if cap is used to sign Kemba.

Any trade for Beal will be the same as for AD salary wise, neither of which can happen until 30 days after the #4 pick is signed because the salary will be needed to comply with trade rules if the player made with the pick is included. A trade could take place without the #4 player if both Zo and Ingram are included, along with Mo, Kuz, and Hart. But that trade (5 for 1) is difficult due to roster size. One would think that the #4 player would be required to get a deal done, meaning that any deal for either AD or Beal will likely be Zo+Ingram+#4, but it couldn't take place until late July or early August depending on when the #4 player is signed. Not sure if NO wants to wait that long, given other offers that will be on the table. I could see that package for AD, but not for Beal.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#188 » by Pythagoras » Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am

nzahir wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Sign Kemba

Hart, 9th pick, Wagner

Beal isn’t worth anywhere near that much.

I just don’t agree with this idea that we would still have to gut the young core if we ended up “settling” for a guy like Kemba or Butler (we ought to keep an eye on Middleton if we’re looking at a 2nd tier star as well). This team was sitting at the 4th seed in the West before injuries. Adding Kemba to LeBron and the young core, get rid of some of the poor fitting vets that Magic added and replace them with shooters, and we’re right there.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#189 » by Kilroy » Wed May 22, 2019 4:27 pm

I know most of us are discounting KD coming here... But I think he's still in play.

That said, I'd almost rather have Kawhi from a team synergy standpoint.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#190 » by TyCobb » Wed May 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Get both. KD signs and Kawhi opt in and trade lie Chris Paul.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#191 » by kblo247 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol added to Ball, BI, LeBron, Kuzma, and Hart would work for me.

My preference is KD first, KAwhi second, Kyrie third, and Jimmy 4th

I still feel like Butler impacts winning more than AD in the league tbh
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#192 » by Kilroy » Wed May 22, 2019 5:58 pm

TyCobb wrote:Get both. KD signs and Kawhi opt in and trade lie Chris Paul.

So are we trading LeBron for AD? 8-)

Given KD and LeBron's histories, having them competing for touches freaks me out a bit, honestly... I don't think a coach has ever existed that could keep that rift from happening.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#193 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm

KD is gone. Achilles. That has to play a factor
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#194 » by wco81 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Kilroy wrote:I know most of us are discounting KD coming here... But I think he's still in play.

That said, I'd almost rather have Kawhi from a team synergy standpoint.

Good to aim high but Kawhi looks like damaged goods, maybe the same injury which caused him to miss last season.

He has occasional big dunks but he's in a lot of pain after them. On most of his jumpers, he has no lift.

But he's still be pretty effective, including on defense.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#195 » by NBAWestFan » Wed May 22, 2019 6:28 pm

kblo247 wrote:Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol added to Ball, BI, LeBron, Kuzma, and Hart would work for me.

I like the Idea of KD
Kawhi
Jimmy

I like the idea of adding 2nd tier guys once the 1st big fish is landed.

But the #4 I get the a good Defensive SF or a Stretch 5 that has some game.

Kyrie - I don't think he is the same guy back when they one. To be a great small guy you have to have speed and I think he will be injury prone. I pass on Kyrie.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,930

Post#196 » by zimpy27 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Sign Kawhi or KD if you can. If not then:

If you got a trade mapped for AD then you sign Kyrie or Kemba (actually starting to prefer Kemba).

If there is no trade for AD then you sign Vucevic for as good a deal as you can and then do what it takes to get 3/D starters for PG, SG and PF.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#197 » by BEazy » Wed May 22, 2019 6:55 pm

The most realistic possibility is Kyrie. Then after that its up to Rob to do his job.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
kblo247
RealGM

Post#198 » by kblo247 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:57 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol added to Ball, BI, LeBron, Kuzma, and Hart would work for me.

I like the Idea of KD
Kawhi
Jimmy

I like the idea of adding 2nd tier guys once the 1st big fish is landed.

But the #4 I get the a good Defensive SF or a Stretch 5 that has some game.

Kyrie - I don't think he is the same guy back when they one. To be a great small guy you have to have speed and I think he will be injury prone. I pass on Kyrie.

I take Kyrie because he knows the baggage of LeBron which the other guys who come in might not; well I doubt Jimmy gives a **** but still. That and he can get you buckets while Zo is his Marcus Smart, which actually best fits Zo right now skill wise.

I think Marc Gasol would be a good get as he can pass, shoot, defend, board, and has a voice that can be heard. A pick and pop with LEBron or him hitting a cutting Kuzma could be beautiful. I know Deandre Jordan is more popular, but I don't think he is better.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#199 » by kblo247 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:59 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Sign Kawhi or KD if you can. If not then:

If you got a trade mapped for AD then you sign Kyrie or Kemba (actually starting to prefer Kemba).

If there is no trade for AD then you sign Vucevic for as good a deal as you can and then do what it takes to get 3/D starters for PG, SG and PF.

Do you explore a Beal deal?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#200 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 22, 2019 7:27 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:The most realistic possibility is Kyrie. Then after that its up to Rob to do his job.

That sounds good. If for example we get kyrie, line him up with AD. That looks like a strong line up. But we woild presumably need holiday to go with AD. Because most likely, we would be giving everything including kitchen sink.
That woild be quality guardplay with kyrie and holiday. AD guarding the rim. And Bron
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Los Angeles Lakers