RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#601 » by Prokorov » Wed May 22, 2019 5:21 pm

kamaze wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

it is inevitable that will happen...

but it will come after a honeymoon phase. look back to early on with Carmello, he was a king there. it wasnt too a few years later and failing to take them far that he started getting destroyed

early on, durant will be a god there. The media knows they will need access to durant for 2-4 years, they wont burn bridges day 1 and it is easier for them to write stories about him maybe getting them a title then to tear him down from the get go. same with fans, they will be talking about titles and bringing in davis not about killing durant

What are you going to say when/if KD signs somewhere other than NY? I mean your just a guy from jersey/brooklyn.... I don't get how your opinion is always the right one and everyone else's opinion is wrong. You prattle on how KD needs to do this or that. KD is his own man. He will make his own decisions. If he does choose NY and doesn't take them to the finals in his first year the press will turn on hime in a new york minute. KD would bring way more hype and expectations than Melo could ever imagine. Comparing the Melo situation to KD is just down right ludicrous (I'm not saying your comparing KD to Melo as individual players)

He's always right...in his own mind. :lol:

that would be describing yourself who can never admit being wrong or change your opinion about someone. like when Dlo carries us to the playoffs or when allen crabbe fails to live up to his deal

im far from always right and have never had a problem saying when im wrong.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#602 » by kamaze » Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
What are you going to say when/if KD signs somewhere other than NY? I mean your just a guy from jersey/brooklyn.... I don't get how your opinion is always the right one and everyone else's opinion is wrong. You prattle on how KD needs to do this or that. KD is his own man. He will make his own decisions. If he does choose NY and doesn't take them to the finals in his first year the press will turn on hime in a new york minute. KD would bring way more hype and expectations than Melo could ever imagine. Comparing the Melo situation to KD is just down right ludicrous (I'm not saying your comparing KD to Melo as individual players)

that would be describing yourself who can never admit being wrong or change your opinion about someone. like when Dlo carries us to the playoffs or when allen crabbe fails to live up to his deal

Yeah Dlo played great in the playoffs. He shot 10-25, 6-16, 12-27, 6-19, 3-16 :lol:

They also were missing Crabbe's defense and needed another shooter bad :lol:
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#603 » by Prokorov » Wed May 22, 2019 7:25 pm

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Yeah Dlo played great in the playoffs. He shot 10-25, 6-16, 12-27, 6-19, 3-16 :lol:

They also were missing Crabbe's defense and needed another shooter bad :lol:

Did Russell not make the all-star team?
Did he not break multiple nets records?
Did he not carry us to the playoffs?

We did need Crabbe, unfortunetly he was injured. He did not come close to living up to hsi contract. we paid him 19 million a year to be a guy who is one of our 2 or 3 best players. he had 3 sub-par injured ridden seasons for us and is viewed as one of the worst contracts in the league. so poor we would need to give someone a first rounder to take him.

This is a perfect example of you refusing to ever admit being wrong. Russell has turned out to be a great aquisition and an all-star, instead of admitting you might be wrong, you find some small nitpicking way to discredit him... with Crabbe, he has not been very good and missed alot of time yet you bend over backwards to credit him instead of admitting marks overpaid for him.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#604 » by kamaze » Wed May 22, 2019 8:43 pm

So you're going to ignore his playoff performance ok..that's what a player is known for not the regular season lol

Crabbe is overpaid you needed me to say that? :lol I highlight what he brings to the team not on his contract that you can't see past but whatever there's no need for the back and forth. No need for you to respond.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#605 » by Prokorov » Wed May 22, 2019 9:12 pm

kamaze wrote:So you're going to ignore his playoff performance ok..that's what a player is known for not the regular season lol

I do not discredit an 82 game sample for a 5 game sample. I also don't make conclusion on someones mettle in the playoffs based on his first apperance at 23 years old. Many players struggle their first time in the playoffs, especially as a bottom 4 seeded underdog.

Crabbe is overpaid you needed me to say that? :lol I highlight what he brings to the team not on his contract that you can't see past but whatever there's no need for the back and forth. No need for you to respond.

Considering you refuse to admit it. yes.

im glad you highlight only what crabbe brings and none of his flaws, yet dont do the same for Russell.

Contracts matter. you have said you dont understand the salary cap, that doesnt mean it doesnt matter, it just means you are ignorant to its relevance
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,538

Post#606 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 am

D'Angelo Russell wasn't the only guy who played poorly in that series. Joe Harris also pissed his pants.

and yet, I fully expect them both to become better players for having the experience. Sometimes experiencing failure is a necessary step towards something better.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#607 » by Prokorov » Thu May 23, 2019 3:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:D'Angelo Russell wasn't the only guy who played poorly in that series. Joe Harris also pissed his pants.

and yet, I fully expect them both to become better players for having the experience. Sometimes experiencing failure is a necessary step towards something better.

the idea that a 23 year old struggling in hsi first playoffs vs. a vastly inferior team negates all he did to carry us to the playoffs in the first place is an absurd notion.

As is any insinuation that it is an indicator he will be a "poor playoff performer" also goes against all the data we have.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#608 » by gigantes » Thu May 23, 2019 10:08 pm

So... is it too early to start bitching and moaning about the Warriors winning yet another championship?

Because I can feel it coming. I can feel it coming.

Bonus pts: I can't remember the last time a team seemed like such admirable players & decent people as individuals (save for some rough edges), and yet collectively? Bunch of assh-les.

:(
kamaze
General Manager

Post#609 » by kamaze » Thu May 23, 2019 11:36 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:D'Angelo Russell wasn't the only guy who played poorly in that series. Joe Harris also pissed his pants.

the idea that a 23 year old struggling in hsi first playoffs vs. a vastly inferior team negates all he did to carry us to the playoffs in the first place is an absurd notion.

As is any insinuation that it is an indicator he will be a "poor playoff performer" also goes against all the data we have.

What data are you looking at?

kamaze
General Manager

Post#610 » by kamaze » Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 pm

The playoffs is considered a second season. It tells you more about the player. I saw big Jay manhandled, we lacked a power forward and Joe needed help. And Dlo did not shoot well.
Some of these we already knew.

Harris is good but not good enough they need more improvement from the wing.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#611 » by Prokorov » Fri May 24, 2019 3:20 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

What data are you looking at?

they entire history of the NBA and ABA.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#612 » by kamaze » Fri May 24, 2019 5:21 am

vs his actual playoff performance...ok.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#613 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 24, 2019 12:36 pm

kamaze wrote:The playoffs is considered a second season. It tells you more about the player.

So by your logic, Joe Harris being a 19% three point shooter in 5 games in the playoffs tells us more about him than him shooting 47% from three throughout a 76 game sample size in the regular season.

So we should just consider Joe Harris to be a garbage shooter now? or does this logic only apply to D'Angelo Russell?

kamaze
General Manager

Post#614 » by kamaze » Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 pm

You're getting sensitive...

kamaze
General Manager

Post#615 » by kamaze » Fri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:The playoffs is considered a second season. It tells you more about the player.

So by your logic, Joe Harris being a 19% three point shooter in 5 games in the playoffs tells us more about him than him shooting 47% from three throughout a 76 game sample size in the regular season.

So we should just consider Joe Harris to be a garbage shooter now? or does this logic only apply to D'Angelo Russell?

It's a cause for concern.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#616 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 24, 2019 8:59 pm

kamaze wrote:You're getting sensitive...

Because I'm questioning your rationale behind weighing a 5 game sample size 10x more versus an entire season's worth of work?

kamaze
General Manager

Post#617 » by kamaze » Fri May 24, 2019 9:08 pm

If you don't get that the playoffs are more important than the regular season nvm this is pointless.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#618 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 25, 2019 11:32 am

kamaze wrote:If you don't get that the playoffs are more important than the regular season nvm this is pointless.

they are important but they're not an indictment against a player either especially guys who are experiencing it for the first time. You think Joe Harris is going to now become a sub 20% shooter the rest of his career because of a bad 5 games?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rationally looking at it, both Joe and D'Angelo probably use what happened as motivation to work even harder this offseason. I'm not concerned in the slightest.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#619 » by TheNetsFan » Sat May 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Houston let go of Roy Rogers. I wonder if Marks will try to scoop him up.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#620 » by gigantes » Mon May 27, 2019 2:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:If you don't get that the playoffs are more important than the regular season nvm this is pointless.

they are important but they're not an indictment against a player either especially guys who are experiencing it for the first time. You think Joe Harris is going to now become a sub 20% shooter the rest of his career because of a bad 5 games?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rationally looking at it, both Joe and D'Angelo probably use what happened as motivation to work even harder this offseason. I'm not concerned in the slightest.

Exactly.

Because if change and youth weren't actual factors, then Joe and D'Angelo wouldn't have had the breakout seasons they just did. And how does one claim to know the ultimate worth of something in the midst of a development / growth process, anyway? A hurtling, spinning sphere, as it were. Unless you're a physics major or Cirque de Soleil, how would you presume to know, duderino?

I don't know... it seems like a solid proportion of Nets fans still don't understand the Nets fundamental process. The things that make them so special as a team, and the fact that most of these players are in a state of flux (in a good way).

Also seems like there's a certain weird tinge of desperation / neediness from the general fanbase, and I really don't understand what it's about. I would have thought "patience" would have been one of our peak skills as a fanbase after so many years of drudgery. Instead, things are headed in beautiful directions for a number of solid reasons, starting with Sean Marks, but you wouldn't know it talking to some fans. You wouldn't know it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets