zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,906

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#201 » by zimpy27 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:12 pm

kblo247 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Sign Kawhi or KD if you can. If not then:

If you got a trade mapped for AD then you sign Kyrie or Kemba (actually starting to prefer Kemba).

If there is no trade for AD then you sign Vucevic for as good a deal as you can and then do what it takes to get 3/D starters for PG, SG and PF.

Do you explore a Beal deal?

Depends on how much Vuc signs for.

I would trade Ingram and pick 4 for Beal but you can't sign Vuc for 27m/4 years and make a deal for Beal if it pushes you over the cap without salary matching. Only way to do it is to add filler in the form of a Bi-annual exception and Room MLE. In which case you can't make that trade unitl Dec 15.

I would sign a BAE at 3.5m/1year
Renounce all cap holds.
Sign Vuc for 27m for 4 years
Sign Room MLE at 5m/1 year
On December 15 I would trade Ingram, BAE, MLE, pick 4 for Beal
Lonzo, Beal, LeBron, Kuzma, Vuc. Bonga, Hart, Wagner, 5m cap-space

You'd have to have all this organized with the Wiz in advance to see if they want MLE and BAE to be 1 year or 2, plus they'd want to choose pick 4.

If you can get Vuc for 20m/4 years then you don't have to go through all that, you can trade Ingram and pick 4 for Beal straight away.

Actually, if you sign Vuc for 24m/4 years. You can trade Ingram, pick 4, Hart, Wagner, Bonga for Beal straight away. That's just enough to stay under cap. You can then sign a Room MLE. Lonzo, Beal, LeBron, Kuzma, Vuc, Room MLE (5m). The problem with that is you have no depth. You'd have to wait a year until you got a full MLE, a BAE and a 1st pick to fill out a bench, so the other deal is better, you just don't get the trade until Dec 15.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#202 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:26 pm

TyCobb wrote:Get both. KD signs and Kawhi opt in and trade lie Chris Paul.

I love the optimism. BTW, for others who feel we can get KD and/or Kawhi and/or trade for AD etc, you have about 5 hours to purchase your power ball ticket. You can probably use some of the 288 Million dollars to fly and get to talk to these superstars and convince them to come here.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#203 » by tamaraw08 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:08 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

If you got a trade mapped for AD then you sign Kyrie or Kemba (actually starting to prefer Kemba).

If there is no trade for AD then you sign Vucevic for as good a deal as you can and then do what it takes to get 3/D starters for PG, SG and PF.

Do you explore a Beal deal?

Depends on how much Vuc signs for.

I would trade Ingram and pick 4 for Beal but you can't sign Vuc for 27m/4 years and make a deal for Beal if it pushes you over the cap without salary matching. Only way to do it is to add filler in the form of a Bi-annual exception and Room MLE. In which case you can't make that trade unitl Dec 15.

I would sign a BAE at 3.5m/1year
Renounce all cap holds.
Sign Vuc for 27m for 4 years
Sign Room MLE at 5m/1 year
On December 15 I would trade Ingram, BAE, MLE, pick 4 for Beal
Lonzo, Beal, LeBron, Kuzma, Vuc. Bonga, Hart, Wagner, 5m cap-space

You'd have to have all this organized with the Wiz in advance to see if they want MLE and BAE to be 1 year or 2, plus they'd want to choose pick 4.

If you can get Vuc for 20m/4 years then you don't have to go through all that, you can trade Ingram and pick 4 for Beal straight away.

Actually, if you sign Vuc for 24m/4 years. You can trade Ingram, pick 4, Hart, Wagner, Bonga for Beal straight away. That's just enough to stay under cap. You can then sign a Room MLE. Lonzo, Beal, LeBron, Kuzma, Vuc, Room MLE (5m). The problem with that is you have no depth. You'd have to wait a year until you got a full MLE, a BAE and a 1st pick to fill out a bench, so the other deal is better, you just don't get the trade until Dec 15.

I know Vucevic killed the Lakers this past season and his regular stats were pretty good but I would be very careful giving so much money on this guy. From having a great regular season ave of 21pts, 12 rebs at 52% FG, 5 games vs Boston he averaged a measly 11 pts, 8 rebs at woeful 36%FG. Javale Mcgee at 2.3 million had better numbers per 36 minutes except for scoring, better in blocks 3.1 to 1.1. Julius Randle was very good his last year with the Lakers and he only got 9 mil/year. Yes Nicola can space the floor last season but before that, he failed to hit above 33% the past 4 years. Mike Muscala has hit above 34% the past 6 years.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,642

Post#204 » by nzahir » Wed May 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Why Kemba over Kyrie?

Kyrie is better at everything, younger, and bigger. Kemba is more durable though
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#205 » by Danny Darko » Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 pm

nzahir wrote:

Why Kemba over Kyrie?

Kyrie is better at everything, younger, and bigger. Kemba is more durable though

I think Kemba's brains and locker presence are better. I'll give him that.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#206 » by Danny Darko » Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 pm

What does 19 mill get us?

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,642

Post#207 » by nzahir » Wed May 22, 2019 11:08 pm

Danny Darko wrote:What does 19 mill get us?

[youtube]
Read on Twitter
[/youtube]

1. I would hope we could do BI, #4 Bonga, and future 1st/Hart/Wagner for Beal and #9.

2. I would love Al Horford in that 16-19M range

Lonzo, Beal, Room exception Forward such as Ariza/Gay (not sure if its enough, but wishful thinking), Lebron, Horford
Kuzma, 9th pick, Hart or Wagner, Vet mins

If we can't sign a decent defensive wing, I would consider moving Kuzma and or 9th pick for someone who can. But I think that team up there is pretty good if we miss out on top FA and AD
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,193

Post#208 » by wco81 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:38 am

How do you think other teams really view BI at this point, with the uncertainty of his condition and his impending RFA status?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,906

Post#209 » by zimpy27 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:46 am

nzahir wrote:

Why Kemba over Kyrie?

Kyrie was injured in 2015 playoffs, healthy in 2016, healthy in 2017, injured in 2018, healthy in 2019. 2 out of 5.

He sits out more than 20% of game per regular season on average and has never had a massive injury, ie very injury prone.

Kemba misses a handful of games per season.

You can look at impact stats and per minute stats but Kemba will provide more production and reliability. Gives more ability for LeBron to rest during the RS, it's an important factor for maintaining total team health.

That's not even going into the team chemistry issues that plague Kyrie.

Kyrie is still the better player, but he's not better if he makes his teammates worse and he's not better if he's not on the court.

It's still a close call.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#210 » by TGW » Thu May 23, 2019 3:24 am

There's zero chance the Wizards trade Beal for Ingram and #4. Ingram is injury prone and was terrible last season, and the #4 in a two man draft doesn't have much value. Get real.
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#211 » by tviper » Thu May 23, 2019 4:44 am

TGW wrote:There's zero chance the Wizards trade Beal for Ingram and #4. Ingram is injury prone and was terrible last season, and the #4 in a two man draft doesn't have much value. Get real.

Agree that Ingram and the clots are too much of an unknown, but disagree that this is a two man draft for trade purposes. I think the Wiz would have to seriously consider Ball+#4.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#212 » by TGW » Thu May 23, 2019 4:55 am

tviper wrote:
TGW wrote:There's zero chance the Wizards trade Beal for Ingram and #4. Ingram is injury prone and was terrible last season, and the #4 in a two man draft doesn't have much value. Get real.

Agree that Ingram and the clots are too much of an unknown, but disagree that this is a two man draft for trade purposes. I think the Wiz would have to seriously consider Ball+#4.

Why would they have to "seriously" consider that? Ball didn't play any better than Ingram last season. As a matter of fact, no one outside of Lebron and McGee here and there were any good last season.

Beal was fantastic last season; there's no incentive for the Wizards to trade him for Ball (who's bad) and an unknown. They still have to put a team on the court too.
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Post#213 » by Lakers24gm » Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 am

If Lakers are lucky enough to trade for Beal there is no way Wizards throw in 9th pick not matter what we give up.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#214 » by JazzUte88 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:35 am

kblo247 wrote:Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol added to Ball, BI, LeBron, Kuzma, and Hart would work for me.

My preference is KD first, KAwhi second, Kyrie third, and Jimmy 4th

I still feel like Butler impacts winning more than AD in the league tbh

Gasol is washed. Dedmon is a better C moving forward.
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#215 » by King23James » Thu May 23, 2019 10:38 am

We should get Kyrie Irving. He is best fit next to Lebron.

Kyrie
Shooting Guard
Ingram
Lebron
Center

I would do the trade for Bradley Beal. Because we would have a backcourt that shoot the 3. A style that would suit next to Ingram & Lebron. A center should be one that does rim protection, and good one on one defender.

For me, Fit should come before everything else. You can put 5 very good players together, but if they dont fit in we will go nowhere.Go for the better fit option then the more talented.
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#216 » by King23James » Thu May 23, 2019 10:53 am

If we get Kawhi instead of Kyrie

Lonzo
Kawhi
Ingram
LeBron
Center

We would basically on defence switch everything . We be better defensively with this line up then above line up(Kyrie - Beal - Ingram - Lebron - Center) i posted. But above lineup would be better offensively.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,183

Post#217 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 23, 2019 1:46 pm

When thoughts of Lonzo gettin traded came about, Hes got injury issues, surgery, etc... Word about trading BI was on the block, and later no playoff prospects, he needs medical attention. KDs achilles popped, hes out. In other words, Medical diagnoses, is a tool used to paint narratives. Paint a picture they want you to see.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#218 » by Spens1 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Rubio on the MLE if we get Kawhi, obviously its a paycut but it would be a paycut for a ring.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,645

Post#219 » by dockingsched » Thu May 23, 2019 3:05 pm

I’m sorry but if the Lakers gave up Ingram, the 4th pick, and their cap space (which people seem to forget when discussing these packages) for freaking Bradley Beal I’d be so disappointed.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#220 » by Michael Lucky » Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 pm

dockingsched wrote:I’m sorry but if the Lakers gave up Ingram, the 4th pick, and their cap space (which people seem to forget when discussing these packages) for freaking Bradley Beal I’d be so disappointed.

And it would make us a 1st round exit without the ability to have a good draft asset.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers