DISASTER FA Scenario... what do you do

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,348

Re: DISASTER FA Scenario... what do you do 

Post#121 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2019 3:03 am

Disaster FA

Sign Jeremy Lamb, JJ, Dedmon and Morris.

Be inspired (or fool yourself) that it only takes two stars to make it to the finals like Lowry&Kawhi, middleton&Giannis or Steph&Klay.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#122 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu May 23, 2019 3:04 am

76ciology wrote:Disaster FA

Be inspired (or fool yourself) that it only takes two stars to make it to the finals like Lowry&Kawhi, middleton&Giannis or Steph&Klay.

But we'd only have 1 star in that scenario.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#123 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2019 3:10 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:

Oh i know what you mean.

Then you have to trade that mystery second star for a legit star. :)
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#124 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2019 3:29 am

76ciology wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:

Oh i know what you mean.

Then you have to trade that mystery second star for a legit star. :)

We can also hedge it by trading Ben and our capspace for 2 stars like Ben for AD and jrue. I just dont know if that will work. Maybe sign and trade Tobias in the process, where Tobi will agree on it since he’ll the get an extra 40-50m with the 5 year contract.

Jrue
Zhaire?
Lamb
AD
Biid

Bench:
Jj, morris and dedmon

Then have 2nd units with duos of dedmon-AD and Morris-Biid, that should solidify and units.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#125 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2019 3:35 am

So the more I think about it, the more necessity is it to trade Ben for AD if both jimmy and tobias walks.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,934

Post#126 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 am

76ciology wrote:So the more I think about it, the more necessity is it to trade Ben for AD if both jimmy and tobias walks.

Meh, our shot creating and distributing ability would be all time bad.
Horrible takes since 2016
76ciology
RealGM

Post#127 » by 76ciology » Thu May 23, 2019 6:36 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
76ciology wrote:So the more I think about it, the more necessity is it to trade Ben for AD if both jimmy and tobias walks.

AD can create more gravity (being a near 30ppg threat) that leads to better looks, while he spaces the floor way better than Ben.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#128 » by Tomjas » Thu May 23, 2019 8:19 am

76ciology wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

AD can create more gravity (being a near 30ppg threat) that leads to better looks, while he spaces the floor way better than Ben.

AD is one of my favourite players but how do he and Joel fit together?
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,934

Post#129 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu May 23, 2019 9:15 am

76ciology wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:

Yeah Embiid and Davis will create more gravity in that defenders will keep attracted to pack the paint, and it is not like we are surrounded by elite shooters. So shooting remains bad while now there is zero distributors, it is still a bad fit team. You need an elite shot creator and distributor to make it work. But yeah Simmons is also bad fit with Embiid, so whatever lol.
Horrible takes since 2016
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,623

Post#130 » by Mik317 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:45 pm

I like how people just throw out oh just trade Ben for AD like its something that will happen.

1. AD probably wouldn't stay here.
2. WHo would be the PG in that case
3. Ben is a Klutch guy so if NO "screws" AD by not trading him to LA; I doubt they'd want Ben to stay there either.
4. Not sure that pairing even works
5. Not even sure that works from a Cap standpoint either
6. Not even sure thats the best deal on the table for NO.

Trading Ben is not just something you do willy nilly...a lot will have to go into it and you have to think about so much beyond just the return.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,064

Post#131 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Why do you want two star bigs?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#132 » by Negrodamus » Thu May 23, 2019 7:32 pm

I'm on board for trading Ben for a similar tiered star, but we literally just saw Cousins and Davis play together and they were an OK team in the West. And this with Cousins being a better shooter.

I just don't see the reason to risk it, especially since Davis would likely bolt first chance he got.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,064

Post#133 » by Kobblehead » Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm

Mik317 wrote:Trading Ben is not just something you do willy nilly...a lot will have to go into it and you have to think about so much beyond just the return.

I don't really get the impression that Ben is bigger than basketball and considerations would need to take place over moving him.

He's got a glue guy game and he's a charisma black hole, personality-wise. I don't think trading him would disrupt revenue for the franchise or piss off the customer base.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#134 » by XtremeDunkz » Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Trading Ben is not just something you do willy nilly...a lot will have to go into it and you have to think about so much beyond just the return.

I don't really get the impression that Ben is bigger than basketball and considerations would need to take place over moving him.

He's got a glue guy game and he's a charisma black hole, personality-wise. I don't think trading him would disrupt revenue for the franchise or piss off the customer base.

agreed. Ben doesnt sell tickets on this team. Even the casual fans are frustrated at him not shooting the ball. In half a season Jimmy already has more love in the city than Ben has. The thing is im sure Ben sees that too. Im not sold Ben wants to be here long term anyway, so if you get a good deal for him it would help us immensely.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#135 » by youngcrev » Thu May 23, 2019 9:57 pm

:lol: You should of stopped thinking about it a while ago then...

What's the logic there? If your win now guys leave, we should try to win now even harder by trading for a guy that doesn't fit that well with Embiid and has only one year of team control contractually?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,623

Post#136 » by Mik317 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:54 pm

Kobblehead wrote:

I'm not talking about team revenue or anything like that. I have said that if you can bring in a better fit but one that doesn't create new issues (either w/ age, versatility, ect.), then you do it. But I don't see that being out there. People often only think about things from our standpoint but ignore that any team taking on Ben will have to be able to build around his talent and also be willing to pay him the max, and he has to be willing to sign there. Not sure there are many places that can check those boxes that either have things worth trading him for or are willing to give up such things for him. Devin Booker gets tossed around and thats a deal I'd be willing to look into in theory.,.but my guess is that the Suns would want to pair WITH Booker. Murray is another; I doubt they'd be willing to give him up and I doubt Ben would be super into playing in Denver. And so in reality you are left w/ a bunch of moves that don't really have the upside and you honestly might as well just wait and see if Ben **** his halfcourt game lol.

Thats what I am talking about with context matters. So unless you are trading Ben for Wiggins or some ****, I don't see many realistic deals out there that actually helps us right now.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#137 » by Negrodamus » Fri May 24, 2019 1:36 am

Mik317 wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:

I'm not talking about team revenue or anything like that. I have said that if you can bring in a better fit but one that doesn't create new issues (either w/ age, versatility, ect.), then you do it. But I don't see that being out there. People often only think about things from our standpoint but ignore that any team taking on Ben will have to be able to build around his talent and also be willing to pay him the max, and he has to be willing to sign there. Not sure there are many places that can check those boxes that either have things worth trading him for or are willing to give up such things for him. Devin Booker gets tossed around and thats a deal I'd be willing to look into in theory.,.but my guess is that the Suns would want to pair WITH Booker. Murray is another; I doubt they'd be willing to give him up and I doubt Ben would be super into playing in Denver. And so in reality you are left w/ a bunch of moves that don't really have the upside and you honestly might as well just wait and see if Ben **** his halfcourt game lol.

Thats what I am talking about with context matters. So unless you are trading Ben for Wiggins or some ****, I don't see many realistic deals out there that actually helps us right now.

You might be right about the Suns (and I've been advocating for that Booker trade):

Read on Twitter

It seems Monty wants to be more of a half court team, which Ben is decidedly not good at doing.

I'd do a Jamal Murray/Jarred Vanderbilt for Ben move, but I don't know how Jokic and Simmons would look. Also, you're probably right that Ben wouldn't want to stay in Denver.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#138 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri May 24, 2019 1:59 am

So in this scenario, I'm going to assume that Kemba also stays in CLT.

I suppose I'd be looking at guys who fit around Simmons and Embiid, and also looking at stars who may be on the block.

But in reality I think the big thing in that scenario is you could resign literally the entire team except Jimmy, Boban and Tobias.

So you would at least have continuity.

Simmons/TJ
JJ/Zhaire/Shake
Ennis
Scott/Bolden
Embiid

That's 9 guys plus whoever we can get in the draft by combining our 2nds to move back into the 1st. Ideally, a wing like Cam Johnson and a Center like the kid from Florida State.

Then, you look to sign a guy like Middleton, Pat Beverley, whoever you can get to fill out the roster.

And you run it back without 3 of your guys. And see what happens?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#139 » by 76ciology » Fri May 24, 2019 2:09 am

Kobblehead wrote:

Why do you want two star bigs?

First off, if I have an option to choose between Kawhi, Giannis or KD to pair with Embiid, then I’d choose those wings.

But reality is.. AD is the most attainable or available star that has the most talent and impact.

AD can’t be an all defensive center and he isn’t a banger. AD is more of a weakside help defender who settles is an elite mid range shooter and a budding 3pt game. What he is not is who he needs to play with. That is Embiid.

While Embiid is good whoever you fits him with. Ben is like the worst guy to fit with him. Ben wants fast. Ben clogs the paint. Ben can’t make the entry pass with his man sagging off him. Ben can’t play with any resemblance of a 2man game on offense. But still, Biid makes it happen. Problem lies when Biid is off the floor.

What happens when Biid is off the floor? Defense drops and we lacks a “rock” on offense. I believe AD can be that guy.

Lastly, between AD becoming a 40% 3pt shooter and Ben becoming a slightly below average 3pt shooter, i’d bet on AD.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#140 » by 76ciology » Fri May 24, 2019 2:12 am

youngcrev wrote:

:lol: You should of stopped thinking about it a while ago then...

What's the logic there? If your win now guys leave, we should try to win now even harder by trading for a guy that doesn't fit that well with Embiid and has only one year of team control contractually?

I think of it this way. I’m just capitalizing on the opportunity when you have Ben’s value is one of its highest (considering that he will be overpaid at somepoint) and there’s an availability of a superstar is now.

I can’t see other superstars that is a better fit with Biid like Kawhi or KD being available at the near future.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers