ImageImageImageImage

Expectation of Fultz

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Re: Expectation of Fultz 

Post#121 » by yoyojw17 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Audi wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:I would not expect Fultz to be a long term solution. I dont trust his injury history or mental capacity to be a rotational player in this league. This offseason we still need to address the PG situation.

- Did I miss something somewhere indicating that he has a diminished mental capacity? What is your basis for this belief?

Apparently when a 19 yo become frustrated with life because of a cycle of misdiagnosises and frustrations occur....there is a lack of mental capacity. lol... i don't get it either. Literally probably one person said it and the negativity spreads like wild fire.

for me... I am hoping he is healthy... and if that is so.... i have full expectation that he will be on the same pass as expected 2 years. Shoot... with all the stuff that has happened he might even turn out to be a stronger player and person.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#122 » by zaymon » Mon May 20, 2019 2:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:If i can bet, i would say:
- he will not play summer league
- he will show up at camp still without jumpshot or any improvments
- he'll get his 4th year extension
- after 20-30 games he will be done for a year

I'll just save this somwhere to see will this age well

No need to @ me or throw hate or anything , it's just opinion.

I am a little more optimistic becouse i think 76ers as an organization are not good. Their process is process of decay. I am not suprised Fultz didnt thrive there. Question is how much flawed are the players and how much flawed are their organization.

Most of false informations and drama was from Fultz' camp.

First his menager/agent , Raymond Brothers made huge deal about draining fluids from his shoulder, just to re-track it and said something was shot into his shoulder.
He also claimed during the end of 2017 that Fultz is so hurt that he can't even lift his arm over his armlevel. Witch makes sense. Except it does not ,because Fultz was filmed dunking weeks later without any issues, yet still couldn't shoot.

During all that who got involved into fights with both Drew Hanlen and Keith William ( his coaches) - his mom. She was reported yelling at Drew during a game , and first coach was as far as i know, her ex boyfriend.

His mom always played big role in everything around him since he arrived in nba, including whole story of her installing cameras in his home . From what i know she even moved to live with him in Orlando (because Fultz did refer to her and his older sister as family, when he talked about them moving to Orlando to live with him ).

Guess who said he will be returning within 4 to 6 weeks, 6 months ago? Raymond Brothers.

His story is all over the place but it comes down to few simple questions:
what happend during summer of 2017 before/during summerleague
Why he was pulled out of SL 2018
Why he won't play SL 2019
Why he visited many doctors before he got diagnoesed by TOS
Why surgery wasn't needed ?
Why if surgery wasn't needed, he still can't shoot or play ?
Why there is no timetable of return for basketball player that missed 130 out of 160 games through 2 years?

Also doctor from LA who did work on his recovery , Dr Judy Sato, returned to work with Lakers again, and yet, after MONTHS or physical therapy, Steve Clifford repeated yesterday that there is no timetable of his return.

When you put all informations on a table that we have, it's hard to not be sceptical about his "injury " and think that something else is going on with him. Now is it some other injury ? Some mental problem? Some character issues? Nobody really knows . But one bummed shoulder can't bother you 2 years, especially if you are 19 years old, working with best medical stuff in whole world.

I agree its a complete mess, but i believe we are a better organization to solve it. Maybe one of the things he needs is limiting his mother influense. Clifford has a much stronger character than Brett Brown it should be very beneficial for Fultz. From what i remember Gordon had psychotherapist, maybe Fultz should take notes.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#123 » by magicman112 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:09 pm

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:I am a little more optimistic becouse i think 76ers as an organization are not good. Their process is process of decay. I am not suprised Fultz didnt thrive there. Question is how much flawed are the players and how much flawed are their organization.

First his menager/agent , Raymond Brothers made huge deal about draining fluids from his shoulder, just to re-track it and said something was shot into his shoulder.
He also claimed during the end of 2017 that Fultz is so hurt that he can't even lift his arm over his armlevel. Witch makes sense. Except it does not ,because Fultz was filmed dunking weeks later without any issues, yet still couldn't shoot.

During all that who got involved into fights with both Drew Hanlen and Keith William ( his coaches) - his mom. She was reported yelling at Drew during a game , and first coach was as far as i know, her ex boyfriend.

His mom always played big role in everything around him since he arrived in nba, including whole story of her installing cameras in his home . From what i know she even moved to live with him in Orlando (because Fultz did refer to her and his older sister as family, when he talked about them moving to Orlando to live with him ).

Guess who said he will be returning within 4 to 6 weeks, 6 months ago? Raymond Brothers.

Why there is no timetable of return for basketball player that missed 130 out of 160 games through 2 years?

Also doctor from LA who did work on his recovery , Dr Judy Sato, returned to work with Lakers again, and yet, after MONTHS or physical therapy, Steve Clifford repeated yesterday that there is no timetable of his return.

When you put all informations on a table that we have, it's hard to not be sceptical about his "injury " and think that something else is going on with him. Now is it some other injury ? Some mental problem? Some character issues? Nobody really knows . But one bummed shoulder can't bother you 2 years, especially if you are 19 years old, working with best medical stuff in whole world.

I agree its a complete mess, but i believe we are a better organization to solve it. Maybe one of the things he needs is limiting his mother influense. Clifford has a much stronger character than Brett Brown it should be very beneficial for Fultz. From what i remember Gordon had psychotherapist, maybe Fultz should take notes.

Looking at what's out there for TOS it is not uncommon for it to be misdiagnosed and go through a few doctors before it finally is diagnosed.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#124 » by MagicFan101 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:19 pm

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:I am a little more optimistic becouse i think 76ers as an organization are not good. Their process is process of decay. I am not suprised Fultz didnt thrive there. Question is how much flawed are the players and how much flawed are their organization.

I don’t want to bash the character of a man / coach I know little about.

I’ll simply say that I do believe Orlando is a better place for him simple due to expectations and timelines. The worst thing for him is to be rushed into something before he is fully recovered and assigned all the blame if it fails. That is what he had in Philly. Given what they gave up to get him and they had goals of ECF you can see why they had to but was any of that his choice?

Orlando will give him every opportunity to recover. If he can’t then he can’t.
ZeusIsLoose
Senior
And1: 234

Post#125 » by ZeusIsLoose » Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Woj bomb that Fultz needs surgery in 3....2....1.....
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#126 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:16 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I don’t want to bash the character of a man / coach I know little about.

I’ll simply say that I do believe Orlando is a better place for him simple due to expectations and timelines. The worst thing for him is to be rushed into something before he is fully recovered and assigned all the blame if it fails. That is what he had in Philly. Given what they gave up to get him and they had goals of ECF you can see why they had to but was any of that his choice?

Orlando will give him every opportunity to recover. If he can’t then he can’t.

Yep, going to place with less attention than Philly/Lakers/Knicks was something few people suggested before trade even happend.
Philly had massive expetations, he was viewed as missing link to nba finals, his ability to play with ball and over time replace JJ in starting lineup , they moved from 3 to 1 just to grab him . Collosal dissapointment from their pov.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#127 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue May 21, 2019 1:37 am

I wonder if there is a chance he don't even play next season.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#128 » by Xatticus » Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:If i can bet, i would say:
- he will not play summer league
- he will show up at camp still without jumpshot or any improvments
- he'll get his 4th year extension
- after 20-30 games he will be done for a year

I'll just save this somwhere to see will this age well

No need to @ me or throw hate or anything , it's just opinion.

I am a little more optimistic becouse i think 76ers as an organization are not good. Their process is process of decay. I am not suprised Fultz didnt thrive there. Question is how much flawed are the players and how much flawed are their organization.

What's the implication here? Are you suggesting that you don't believe he is injured?

I've dealt with shoulder problems since my mid-teens. The issue for me as I understand it is genetic and involves connective tissues that are too long and that allow too much movement. I have aggravated it while swinging a sledgehammer, throwing a baseball, swinging a baseball bat, and even on a basketball court. I get an initial sharp pain and prolonged numbness after the event. I have had days where I couldn't raise my arm above shoulder level; not due to pain, but due to some sort of impingement (though there is acute pain in attempting to do so). I could've had surgery. My mother had surgery on hers. The alternative is extensive physical therapy to develop the muscles to inhibit movement of the joint.

Nothing I have read about Fultz' shoulder has caused me to discount the notion that he has a legitimate injury to his shoulder. I am somewhat skeptical of the TOS diagnosis though. I'm not an expert on the topic, but I see nothing wrong with gambling on the talent and trying to work through the issues. It paid off when Golden St. stuck with Curry or when Cleveland stuck it though with Ilgauskas.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
pinoynurse
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#129 » by pinoynurse » Tue May 21, 2019 11:24 pm

expect nothing and you wont be disappointed.

while i am hopeful and rooting for fultz to have a full recovery im just not optimistic that rehab alone will solve the TOS.

the way i see it, he will attempt to rehab, it will fail, he will then try surgery and he will be scratched for his 3rd straight season.

hopefully im wrong tho (pls be wrong lol)
From strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#130 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:17 am

Xatticus wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

What's the implication here? Are you suggesting that you don't believe he is injured?

I've dealt with shoulder problems since my mid-teens. The issue for me as I understand it is genetic and involves connective tissues that are too long and that allow too much movement. I have aggravated it while swinging a sledgehammer, throwing a baseball, swinging a baseball bat, and even on a basketball court. I get an initial sharp pain and prolonged numbness after the event. I have had days where I couldn't raise my arm above shoulder level; not due to pain, but due to some sort of impingement (though there is acute pain in attempting to do so). I could've had surgery. My mother had surgery on hers. The alternative is extensive physical therapy to develop the muscles to inhibit movement of the joint.

Nothing I have read about Fultz' shoulder has caused me to discount the notion that he has a legitimate injury to his shoulder. I am somewhat skeptical of the TOS diagnosis though. I'm not an expert on the topic, but I see nothing wrong with gambling on the talent and trying to work through the issues. It paid off when Golden St. stuck with Curry or when Cleveland stuck it though with Ilgauskas.

Nah, i belive he is injuried, i just think something else along injury is going on.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#131 » by T-Cat » Thu May 23, 2019 12:57 am

Read on Twitter
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#132 » by KillMonger » Thu May 23, 2019 1:08 am

T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

man this could mean anything and that's why i hate cryptic tweets....the optimist in me thinks this means he'll be cleared for full basketball activities on that date.....the pessimist in me thinks that's probably when the Mc-rib is returning
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#133 » by nicnac215 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 am

Solid Snake wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

man this could mean anything and that's why i hate cryptic tweets....the optimist in me thinks this means he'll be cleared for full basketball activities on that date.....the pessimist in me thinks that's probably when the Mc-rib is returning

Or his surgery date and he wants you to pray for him?
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#134 » by Nyce_1 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 am

Solid Snake wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

**** it, let the positive vibes flow.

I'm letting my optimism beam and believing that's when he gets tested to be cleared for full ball.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#135 » by KillMonger » Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 am

nicnac215 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Naw I doubt he'll be having a secret surgery no one knows about. Pretty sure someone would've heard something if that was the case

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#136 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 23, 2019 2:12 am

Solid Snake wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:man this could mean anything and that's why i hate cryptic tweets....the optimist in me thinks this means he'll be cleared for full basketball activities on that date.....the pessimist in me thinks that's probably when the Mc-rib is returning

Naw I doubt he'll be having a secret surgery no one knows about. Pretty sure someone would've heard something if that was the case

Also why would he pray for that. Could be a friends wedding for all we know

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#137 » by basketballRob » Thu May 23, 2019 3:09 am

T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter
It isn't 5-30-2019 yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#138 » by nicnac215 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:11 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Or his surgery date and he wants you to pray for him?

For successful surgery for TOS? My guess is as good as yours
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#139 » by thelead » Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 am

nicnac215 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:Naw I doubt he'll be having a secret surgery no one knows about. Pretty sure someone would've heard something if that was the case

For successful surgery for TOS? My guess is as good as yours

I doubt that he would choose to leak out that info with his circumstances.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#140 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 am

Inappropriate-HM
Last edited by Howard Mass on Fri May 24, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sexually Explicit Remark

Return to Orlando Magic