ImageImageImageImage

How would you address our PG situation for next year?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Draft one at 16.
2%
Draft one at 46.
12%
Sign help in FA. Who?
22%
Trade for one. Who?
32%
Other
32%

Total votes: 41

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1 » by Skin » Fri May 24, 2019 1:34 am

Draft one at 16.
Draft one at 46.
Sign help in FA. Who?
Trade for one. Who?

Discuss. You can vote for multiple options, but it would be nice to hear your scenario.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Re: How would you address our PG situation for next year? 

Post#2 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri May 24, 2019 1:43 am

Tyus Jones would be my FA signing. I have a feeling he’d love to get his fair share of minutes and Orlando could be an appealing place for him. Teague opted in and have a feeling Minny will go with D Rose as well as he’s played.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#3 » by MagicFrenchie » Fri May 24, 2019 9:45 am

Kriss Dunn anyone?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#4 » by Skybox » Fri May 24, 2019 1:24 pm

My first choice was be to trade a bunch of crap for Fultz :D ...if it works out, exec of the year! Fultz and Josh Rosen are the stories of 2019 :nod:

I would prefer not to trade for a Conley type (injury prone, aging, and $$$$)...I'd throw a lot on the table for a Beal or McCollum (I doubt he's available anywhere but fan boards) and hand him the ball, keep DJ as a backup, hope Fultz develops as a combo. If we can keep MCW as a situational, deep backup for cheap-that would be amazing.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#5 » by NotACat » Fri May 24, 2019 1:25 pm

I would stay put with DJ and Fultz. Bring back either MCW or Briscoe as our 3rd string PG. Maybe take a flyer with our 46th pick, but I think we will go with a big forward with that pick.
Black Lives Matter
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#6 » by Max Power » Fri May 24, 2019 1:35 pm

I’d like to see the Magic make a move for McCollum personally but I’m comfortable with a pg rotation of DJ, Fultz and MCW next year. Briscoe was ok but he was cut so I doubt he comes back. My hope if we don’t make a major move for a scorer it’s because Fultz has gotten himself together and maybe makes Evan Fournier expendable finally. I’d really like to see CJ in a Magic uni though. A guy can dream...
You look confused...let me fill you in.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri May 24, 2019 2:08 pm

I don't get how people are ok with MCW as a signing.. The dude really didn't help much and I feel like Grant being sooo bad has really clouded people's judgement on how bad MCW really is. Both of these dudes are equally just as bad and should really be out of the league. If anything I think Briscoe deserves more of a shot and would possibly be ok with him signing a 2 year 4M deal w/option for 2nd year.

Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#8 » by Patrick1978 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Tyus Jones
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#9 » by Great » Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 pm

J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#10 » by J the Drafter » Fri May 24, 2019 3:15 pm

I’d bring back EP if he’s available. People underrate his dribble penetration.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
nemesis37
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#11 » by nemesis37 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:27 pm

I think we could give Darren Collison a nice proposal, could be a really good fit with the team.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,221

Post#12 » by pepe1991 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:43 pm

J the Drafter wrote:I’d bring back EP if he’s available. People underrate his dribble penetration.

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#13 » by MagicFan101 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:04 pm

NotACat wrote:I would stay put with DJ and Fultz. Bring back either MCW or Briscoe as our 3rd string PG. Maybe take a flyer with our 46th pick, but I think we will go with a big forward with that pick.

This is exactly what will ... and should ... happen.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#14 » by j-ragg » Fri May 24, 2019 4:11 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
NotACat wrote:I would stay put with DJ and Fultz. Bring back either MCW or Briscoe as our 3rd string PG. Maybe take a flyer with our 46th pick, but I think we will go with a big forward with that pick.

It’s lunacy you think that’s what should happen. I agree that it’s what will happen though, this management hasn’t looked like they have tried to address our biggest need before so why start now? :dontknow:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#15 » by NotACat » Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm

j-ragg wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

It’s lunacy you think that’s what should happen. I agree that it’s what will happen though, this management hasn’t looked like they have tried to address our biggest need before so why start now? :dontknow:

You don't believe that bringing in Fultz is an attempt to solve the problem? Why invest EVEN MORE resources into the PG "problem" (DJ was more than acceptable last year, bench PG play was an issue) when we don't even know what this 21-yo kid can do? He displayed tremendous ability in college and in the pros already, if he can get through this injury, we may already have our solution.
Black Lives Matter
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#16 » by j-ragg » Fri May 24, 2019 5:00 pm

NotACat wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

You don't believe that bringing in Fultz is an attempt to solve the problem? Why invest EVEN MORE resources into the PG "problem" (DJ was more than acceptable last year, bench PG play was an issue) when we don't even know what this 21-yo kid can do? He displayed tremendous ability in college and in the pros already, if he can get through this injury, we may already have our solution.

I guess I see it as a guy who needs a job and is struggling. Instead of filling out job applications he buys a powerball ticket. Might get rich but obviously it isn’t a sustainable plan outside of getting extremely lucky.

I like DJ more than most on here, I think he said good value at 7.25 million. It’s just insane to me if we go another summer and have basically the same roster in place with no playmakers.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#17 » by Skin » Fri May 24, 2019 5:46 pm

NotACat wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Bringing in Fultz is an attempt, but it can't be counted on. Because of that, there are different ways we can, should or won't address the situation... From the looks of it so far, there are a lot of different thoughts on how we should address it. I started this thread hoping we could navigate as a group to come up with the best solutions.

I definitely could see us doing nothing further like you suggested, but I'm hoping for at least something else new.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#18 » by MagicFan101 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Skin wrote:
NotACat wrote:
j-ragg wrote:It’s lunacy you think that’s what should happen. I agree that it’s what will happen though, this management hasn’t looked like they have tried to address our biggest need before so why start now? :dontknow:

Bringing in Fultz is an attempt, but it can't be counted on. Because of that, there are different ways we can, should or won't address the situation... From the looks of it so far, there are a lot of different thoughts on how we should address it. I started this thread hoping we could navigate as a group to come up with the best solutions.

I definitely could see us doing nothing further like you suggested, but I'm hoping for at least something else new.

You have to roll the dice with Fultz for next season. People don’t have to like to move to get him but the move has already been made.

Decisions are looming on his contract and our hands are tied in terms of alternative strategies barring breaking up BIG.

Lunacy is breaking up BIG now, before we see what Isaac and Bamba can really become or what we bought in Fultz.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri May 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Skin wrote:
NotACat wrote:
j-ragg wrote:It’s lunacy you think that’s what should happen. I agree that it’s what will happen though, this management hasn’t looked like they have tried to address our biggest need before so why start now? :dontknow:

DJ is in his last year and with Fultz still rehabing we have to be 1 step ahead. Which is why I would love to grab Tyus Jones, he could likely be had for something like 4/25M. He would easily be able to run the show or be a solid 2nd guy if Fultz were to work out. Jones is first in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (6.62) & that would fit right into Clifford wanting to limit turnovers and what not.

Regardless we will need to grab a PG whether that's a cheap guy like Briscoe for 2 years 6M or Jones something needs to happen
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,449

Post#20 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:41 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:I don't get how people are ok with MCW as a signing.. The dude really didn't help much and I feel like Grant being sooo bad has really clouded people's judgement on how bad MCW really is. Both of these dudes are equally just as bad and should really be out of the league. If anything I think Briscoe deserves more of a shot and would possibly be ok with him signing a 2 year 4M deal w/option for 2nd year.

My brother you obviously did not watch much Orlando Magic basketball. Boxscore doesn’t show everything.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.

Return to Orlando Magic