ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,760

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#881 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri May 24, 2019 9:16 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Should be a good amount of people there. Holiday weekend means some are traveling, some have other plans. Brewers will draw a big crowd but their game is at 3:15 and should be over before the Bucks.

A lot of people will probably go there after the Brewer game.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#882 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri May 24, 2019 10:49 pm

ackypoo wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:
ackypoo wrote:id like to ask a stupid question.

is there a watch party or anything at fiserv on saturday?

Do you think they're cancelled because we're down 3-2..?

no, im just ignorant. i watch games in my house.

so is it outside fiserv? inside fiserv? what goes down there?

Outside. They have big screen(s) to watch it and guessing beer vendors, etc.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#883 » by trwi7 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:40 am

https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/2019/05/24/milwaukee-fiserv-forum-live-music-beer-garden-summer-concert-series/1231544001/

Such variety. One guy 4 times, another guy 3 times, some man and woman 3 times and with free admission you know they're probably excellent musicians.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
cameroncrazies2
Senior
And1: 140

Post#884 » by cameroncrazies2 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:28 pm

trwi7 wrote:https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/2019/05/24/milwaukee-fiserv-forum-live-music-beer-garden-summer-concert-series/1231544001/

Such variety. One guy 4 times, another guy 3 times, some man and woman 3 times and with free admission you know they're probably excellent musicians.

Jazz in the Park has a stranglehold on this city on a Thursday nights. This seems like a bad idea, you’re not drawing in crowds for both Wednesday and Thursday nights.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,069

Post#885 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun May 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Maybe I'm just old but...

Being at the Beer Garden last night kinda sucked. We got there an hour and a half early to find a spot to stand. 5 minutes before tip some guys tried to push their way into our spot and acted like it was cool if they just stood in front of us.

Girlfriend got elbowed in the face by some drunk ass.

Saw some high school kid stumble back and forth. His friends acted like they didn't know him. He eventually passed out and smacked his head on the ground.

Security was super overwhelmed. Couldn't use the bathroom, couldn't get a drink. Speakers in the garden were weak so you couldn't hear the broadcast. Most people were there just so they could get some cool snapchats it seemed.

Again I'm old and should have expected this but still.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#886 » by bizarro » Sun May 26, 2019 5:14 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Maybe I'm just old but...

Being at the Beer Garden last night kinda sucked. We got there an hour and a half early to find a spot to stand. 5 minutes before tip some guys tried to push their way into our spot and acted like it was cool if they just stood in front of us.

Saw some high school kid stumble back and forth. His friends acted like they didn't know him. He eventually passed out and smacked his head on the ground.

Security was super overwhelmed. Couldn't use the bathroom, couldn't get a drink. Speakers in the garden were weak so you couldn't hear the broadcast. Most people were there just so they could get some cool snapchats it seemed.

That sounds like a **** experience. I generally feel the same as you in these scenarios. I'm like, man, I used to like this? I'm old.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#887 » by MickeyDavis » Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Hopefully this first year of the FF and beer garden was a good learning experience and they'll make some tweaks and changes for next season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#888 » by BradMKE » Mon May 27, 2019 2:11 pm

Ran the numbers from my ticket selling for this season. Ended up keeping my season tickets (upper level corner, row 6 aisle seats) for a dozen regular season games and every playoff game. Sold the rest of the regular season tickets and the extra pair of playoff tickets they let us purchase through either Stubhub or Ticketmaster.

After my costs and fees I ending up making enough profit to pay for my entire 2019-20 package with a little bit extra left over. Needless to say, with the uncertainty with the team next season and what secondary market ticket prices will do, essentially being in the black already without selling a single ticket is nice.

Some observations/tips:

- Stubhub seemed to do better for me during the regular season, but I was able to get quite a bit more on Ticketmaster for the playoff games. Stubhub showing the special icon for aisle seats is also very helpful if you're selling aisle seats.

- Take advantage of the "return tickets" option on the app. I was able to trade-in some of those early season games nobody wanted for credit and immediately used that credit to buy $21-$25 upper level tickets for late season weekend games that ending up being in high demand.

- Parking: I used to park in the 6th and State surface lot but this season I've been parking in the National Hardware lot 1.5 blocks from the main entrance by using the Spothero app. As long as you booked more than a day or two in advance before they switched to event pricing (and unneeded reservations could easily be cancelled in the app) you could park there for $15 minus whatever 10-20% off coupon they currently were promoting, so around $12-13 for a lot that was charging $25-40 cash most games. Unfortunately that building is supposed to become a Harley dealership soon so this tip likely won't be useful next season.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#889 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue May 28, 2019 3:33 pm

BradMKE wrote:Ran the numbers from my ticket selling for this season. Ended up keeping my season tickets (upper level corner, row 6 aisle seats) for a dozen regular season games and every playoff game. Sold the rest of the regular season tickets and the extra pair of playoff tickets they let us purchase through either Stubhub or Ticketmaster.

After my costs and fees I ending up making enough profit to pay for my entire 2019-20 package with a little bit extra left over. Needless to say, with the uncertainty with the team next season and what secondary market ticket prices will do, essentially being in the black already without selling a single ticket is nice.

Some observations/tips:

- Stubhub seemed to do better for me during the regular season, but I was able to get quite a bit more on Ticketmaster for the playoff games. Stubhub showing the special icon for aisle seats is also very helpful if you're selling aisle seats.

- Take advantage of the "return tickets" option on the app. I was able to trade-in some of those early season games nobody wanted for credit and immediately used that credit to buy $21-$25 upper level tickets for late season weekend games that ending up being in high demand.

- Parking: I used to park in the 6th and State surface lot but this season I've been parking in the National Hardware lot 1.5 blocks from the main entrance by using the Spothero app. As long as you booked more than a day or two in advance before they switched to event pricing (and unneeded reservations could easily be cancelled in the app) you could park there for $15 minus whatever 10-20% off coupon they currently were promoting, so around $12-13 for a lot that was charging $25-40 cash most games. Unfortunately that building is supposed to become a Harley dealership soon so this tip likely won't be useful next season.

I also did well enough to pay for next year. With playoffs, almost bought 2 years. My thoughts, tips, etc...

PROS OF SEASON TIX/YEAR 1 OF FISERV:
-The ability to buy extra playoff tickets was a great perk of season tickets, better than anything else they could have given me.
-Enjoyed the ticket swap/upgrade feature. This was a great feature for some one like me that generally only can go to 5-10 games/year. And I actually didn't sit in my upper level seats once b/c I could upgrade by bundling other games.
-Mobile ticketing overall went well. Its nice just having everything on my phone.
-Arena feels big league and is very nice. Sightlines were solid.
-Bigger pro shop not gumming up the concourse and being larger was nice. However I never did end up buying anything as nothing jumped at me and prices have increased I feel over the years. Line was insane during playoffs too.
-Beer button was cool. Not the best bang for your buck vs getting a draft, but still cool.
-Fun atmosphere with everyone into the team.
-Plaza area is cool. Feels like an event.

CONS:
-I do wish we could get a general discount at concessions and/or pro shop for being a season holder.
-Liked the old MVP lounge over the new one, other than being able to see the court. It was nice having TVs, food, drink, etc.
-Bathroom lines at Fiserv. Once I got smart about going in non-rush times, it was slightly better.
-Selling restriction fear by the team. Hopefully they don't threaten tickets for selling on the secondary market again.
-Beer prices took a pretty large spike. But I guess breaking down the $12 24 oz, it comes to a $6 bottle.
-Thought prices on 6th/State lot would decrease with being farther away, but they actually went up.

I actually sold my tickets too early this year as prices jumped late January which a good chunk of mine were sold/spoken for. It will be interesting to see how demand is next year being year 2 of the arena. I would imagine there will be demand if the team has a decent offseason coming off a successful year. Look forward to next year!
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#890 » by DanoMac » Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Kicking myself for getting season tix a year late
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#891 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 28, 2019 7:38 pm

It's definitely a year too late if you want to cash in. Demand will be down next season. The new arena smell is gone plus the way the season ended.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,760

Post#892 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue May 28, 2019 7:40 pm

So you were at Summerfest...
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#893 » by DanoMac » Tue May 28, 2019 7:43 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It's definitely a year too late if you want to cash in.

Nah i just meant about seeing Ja Rule at halftime
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#894 » by talbert » Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:

So you were at Summerfest...

YES! That is exactly what it was like there. Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was basically like hanging around the Miller Lite Oasis.
talbert
Junior

Post#895 » by talbert » Tue May 28, 2019 7:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It's definitely a year too late if you want to cash in. Demand will be down next season. The new arena smell is gone plus the way the season ended.

I don't know. I think ticket demand is going to increase next year.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#896 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 28, 2019 8:27 pm

talbert wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:It's definitely a year too late if you want to cash in. Demand will be down next season. The new arena smell is gone plus the way the season ended.

Typically that's true. But I think there was a large bump with a new arena that won't be there next spring. No doubt the crowds will still be good because the team will still be good. I just don't see the big resale value as this past season. But you could be right.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#897 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed May 29, 2019 7:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
talbert wrote:

Typically that's true. But I think there was a large bump with a new arena that won't be there next spring. No doubt the crowds will still be good because the team will still be good. I just don't see the big resale value as this past season. But you could be right.

I think it will taper off a bit. Towards the end it was pushing $80-100 just to get in the building. I think it will drop back into that $40-50 range which is still way better than the $5-$15 range.
talbert
Junior

Post#898 » by talbert » Wed May 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
talbert wrote:

I think it will taper off a bit. Towards the end it was pushing $80-100 just to get in the building. I think it will drop back into that $40-50 range which is still way better than the $5-$15 range.

If the Packers suck and the Brewers don't do anything in the post season, season ticket holders will have the hottest sports ticket in town. Who knows though, game 5 of the ECF was a hard ticket to sell.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#899 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
talbert wrote:

All of this is dependent on what happens on the court but....
Demand first half of the year was pretty weak (selling at face for weeknights). I think it will be matched by the hype of MVP Giannis. I doubt the Feb-Mar crowd will be as strong (selling at 125+ for a Saturday night against the Hornets) since people are expecting a deep playoff run.

Bottom-line, though, will be completely dependent on 1. If we can buy an extra pair of playoff tickets again 2. a deep run in the playoffs. If we would've made the finals, selling the extra pair of tickets alone would have paid for next season's 3 seats and playoff tickets. I ended up at all of last year paid and 1/3 seats regular season paid off for next year. Not bad but the Bucks made their money off me through concession sales.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#900 » by DMBucks22 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Fiserv Forum added a nice little water fountain outside by the B-U-C-K-S sign.

I officially call it............SPLASH FOUNTAIN!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks