ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Possibilities

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Re: Free Agent Possibilities 

Post#261 » by tv24lakers » Sat May 25, 2019 8:48 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:Based on the first 4 players you mentioned I think you also want players who can hit the 3pt shot and space the floor. I am so sick and tired of them losing so many games bec they bricked those wide open perimeter shots, shooting under 30% most of the time. I understand that there guys like Fry and Korver who can shoot but also are defensive liabilities but they really need to go after these shooters.
I am hoping Collison will give the Lakers a "discount" as he got paid 10 mil last season, high but just 1 year bec he grew up here in Southern Cal just like Kawhi probably tired of living in the cold city. I am not sure tho that others will take a discount bec they know their ability to hit shots and defend is at a premium right now esp Green and Morris. Ross maybe. If one of them esp Green is open to get paid under 10 Mil, then I will consider it.

Yes, I’m keen on players with the ability to stretch the floor and knock 3s. I would like to avoid having Lebron or Kuz defend 4s; it’s a losing proposition. Acquiring a true stretch 4 and 5 should be imperative.

I realize salary cap dynamics will come with its challenges. Tempering my expectations, I’m hopeful we can secure at least one or two key puzzle pieces through free agency, and by that I’m referring to reliable role players such as those previously listed.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,924

Post#262 » by zimpy27 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:54 pm

tv24lakers wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:Based on the first 4 players you mentioned I think you also want players who can hit the 3pt shot and space the floor. I am so sick and tired of them losing so many games bec they bricked those wide open perimeter shots, shooting under 30% most of the time. I understand that there guys like Fry and Korver who can shoot but also are defensive liabilities but they really need to go after these shooters.
I am hoping Collison will give the Lakers a "discount" as he got paid 10 mil last season, high but just 1 year bec he grew up here in Southern Cal just like Kawhi probably tired of living in the cold city. I am not sure tho that others will take a discount bec they know their ability to hit shots and defend is at a premium right now esp Green and Morris. Ross maybe. If one of them esp Green is open to get paid under 10 Mil, then I will consider it.

Yes, I’m keen on players with the ability to stretch the floor and knock 3s. I would like to avoid having Lebron or Kuz defend 4s; it’s a losing proposition. Acquiring a true stretch 4 and 5 should be imperative.

I realize salary cap dynamics will come with its challenges. Tempering my expectations, I’m hopeful we can secure at least one or two key puzzle pieces through free agency, and by that I’m referring to reliable role players such as those previously listed.

A defensive PF is more important than ever. It has gone to a perimeter/interior defensive 4 that can hit occasional 3 and then a stretch 5 as the ideal these days.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#263 » by loveshaq786 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Trade Ingram and a future first for siakim. We get the 4 we need
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#264 » by tv24lakers » Sat May 25, 2019 11:55 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:Trade Ingram and a future first for siakim. We get the 4 we need

Siakim has certainly blossomed into a nice well rounded talent this season.

I suppose you’re envisioning a scenario where Kawhi leaves. Otherwise I doubt Toronto would disrupt their chemistry.

While it may be entertaining for the Lakers, Im of the opinion that we cannot afford to hold on the outcome of the Kawhi sweepstakes. If there is a remote possibility to snag Beal w/ BI and other assets (excluding LBJ and Zo) we don’t hesitate.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#265 » by tamaraw08 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:30 am

tv24lakers wrote:
loveshaq786 wrote:Trade Ingram and a future first for siakim. We get the 4 we need

Siakim has certainly blossomed into a nice well rounded talent this season.

I suppose you’re envisioning a scenario where Kawhi leaves. Otherwise I doubt Toronto would disrupt their chemistry.

While it may be entertaining for the Lakers, Im of the opinion that we cannot afford to hold on the outcome of the Kawhi sweepstakes. If there is a remote possibility to snag Beal w/ BI and other assets (excluding LBJ and Zo) we don’t hesitate.

The blossoming AND healthy Siakam will get paid under 3.5 mil 2 years from now, how on earth will Ujiri trade him for a guy who just had a season ending condition and a low draft pick?
Brandon would have to play great early before Washington agree to part with Beal
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#266 » by Pointgod » Sun May 26, 2019 3:26 am

Toronto would laugh the Lakers off the phone, call them back and continue to laugh them off again.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#267 » by nzahir » Sun May 26, 2019 5:26 am

Pointgod wrote:

Toronto would laugh the Lakers off the phone, call them back and continue to laugh them off again.

Ya I dont think BI and likely a late 1st will do it for Siakam.

If Kawhi leaves and raps want to start over, do you think they would do Lonzo, Bonga, and 4th pick for Siakam?

We have about 41M in cap space with Bullock hold

Max out Kemba/Kyrie, use 8M for Dedmon

Kemba/Kyrie, Bullock, Bron, Siakam, Dedmon
Hart, BI, Kuzma, Wagner plus vet mins are the bench unit.

I don't think we can use room exception since we kept bullock hold

Would even look into moving one of BI or Kuzma for a better 3 and d type of guy
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#268 » by tv24lakers » Sun May 26, 2019 11:11 am

With the Raptors going to the Finals I’m finding hard to believe that Kawhi would leave. The Raptors and their fans are assuredly going to make him feel loved and rewarded for his efforts. With that said I highly doubt they would trade Siakam.

After recalibrating the Love It or Leave It reader on the bigger name free agents I have:

Kawhi -Love It
Kyrie -Leave It
KD- Leave It
Klay- Love It
Kemba- Leave It
Butler - Love It
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#269 » by LAKESHOW » Sun May 26, 2019 10:36 pm

I was thinkin the same thing. But that wouldnt matter, we would get Kyrie. KD is out for the year, Kyrie is not going anywhere, knowing KD is gone.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tv24lakers
Junior

Post#270 » by tv24lakers » Mon May 27, 2019 1:57 am

On the side of being budget conscious I’m tossing out two other names for feedback.

Seeing as Lebron is predominately running point and distributing I’m weighing out the possibility of sliding Zo to run the second unit and acquiring a PG with improved shooting abilities. The names that come to mind are Malcolm Brogdon (RFA) and Spencer Dinwiddie. I recognize Dinwiddie is not a consistent outside shooter, but may come at a reasonable price. Mind you I’m not expecting either guy to play big minutes. There are largely place fillers with height and a modest outside game.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers