ImageImageImageImage

Official UCF Sports Thread - Basketball: NIT Bid? Football: Spring Practice Underway

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Re: UCF Football: Spring Game April 13th 

Post#681 » by Knightro » Tue May 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Speaking with very much direct knowledge of the situation.

1. UCF has NOT been offered a solo neutral site game with any major P5 program
2. UCF has NOT been offered a home and home with any major P5 program
3. UCF has NOT been offered a 2-for-1's where the third game is at Spectrum Stadium.

Florida and Miami have been willing to do 2-for-1's, but the "home" game for UCF would be at Camping World Stadium where all revenue and ticket allotments would be controlled by Florida Citrus Sports and not UCF.

Danny White has steadfastly refused any scenario where the Knights don't get at least one home game out of the deal.

I actually think, despite his public bluster, that White would be willing to bend on the idea of playing a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 IF the home games were at UCF's stadium and not Camping World. That has not materialized yet to date.

This is actually one instance where South Florida playing in an NFL stadium is actually beneficial to them. Schools like Alabama and Florida not only know they're going to get a semi-easy victory, but they can buy up 40-50 thousand tickets if they're so inclined since it's a massive stadium and USF has a minuscule fan base.

It's essentially another home game away from home for those P5 schools.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#682 » by tiderulz » Tue May 28, 2019 5:55 pm

Knightro wrote:Speaking with very much direct knowledge of the situation.

1. UCF has NOT been offered a solo neutral site game with any major P5 program
2. UCF has NOT been offered a home and home with any major P5 program
3. UCF has NOT been offered a 2-for-1's where the third game is at Spectrum Stadium.

Florida and Miami have been willing to do 2-for-1's, but the "home" game for UCF would be at Camping World Stadium where all revenue and ticket allotments would be controlled by Florida Citrus Sports and not UCF.

Danny White has steadfastly refused any scenario where the Knights don't get at least one home game out of the deal.

I actually think, despite his public bluster, that White would be willing to bend on the idea of playing a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 IF the home games were at UCF's stadium and not Camping World. That has not materialized yet to date.

This is actually one instance where South Florida playing in an NFL stadium is actually beneficial to them. Schools like Alabama and Florida not only know they're going to get a semi-easy victory, but they can buy up 40-50 thousand tickets if they're so inclined since it's a massive stadium and USF has a minuscule fan base.

It's essentially another home game away from home for those P5 schools.

65,000 seat stadium isnt a massive stadium these days. 9 SEC stadiums hold 76K or more people (4 over 100k), 4 are in the 60,000 range and 1 in 40,000 (cmon Vandy). most college stadiums hold as much if not more than NFL stadiums.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#683 » by Knightro » Tue May 28, 2019 6:56 pm

tiderulz wrote:65,000 seat stadium isnt a massive stadium these days. 9 SEC stadiums hold 76K or more people (4 over 100k), 4 are in the 60,000 range and 1 in 40,000 (cmon Vandy). most college stadiums hold as much if not more than NFL stadiums.

I worded my original statement poorly. Let me rephrase...

I didn't mean massive stadium in terms of actual capacity. I meant it more along the lines of available seats for a road team.

When Alabama/Florida play other SEC schools, they get the standard away team allotment which is 5000-15000 tickets depending on the size of the stadium.

When they play USF, who has a stadium that is massively larger than their fan base can fill, Florida and Alabama will be able to buy up like 40 to 50 thousand seats which is not something the can do when they go play Tennessee for instance.

It will be 75/25 Alabama/Florida fans to USF fans at Raymond James for those two games. It's a home game for those schools for all intents and purposes.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#684 » by UCF » Sun Jun 2, 2019 11:04 pm

The other side effect will be some those SEC fans buying season tickets (because they are cheap) just to get better seats for that one game.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#685 » by UCF » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#686 » by Knightro » Tue Jun 4, 2019 10:31 am

UCF wrote:The other side effect will be some those SEC fans buying season tickets (because they are cheap) just to get better seats for that one game.

I have purchased FIU season tickets twice for this very same reason :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#687 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:39 pm

UCF wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, looks like teams with early 2nd round picks are interested in Tacko's

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Post#688 » by Viper1500 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:42 pm

For alumni, where is the best place to tailgate? And is there room for two canopies?
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#689 » by UCF » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:46 am

Usually two tents isn’t an issue with the exception of the mall area. They have designated reserved spots there.

The older I get the more I don’t want to be in the party areas lol. Usually setup near garage C. If I had the money, I’d pay to be right by the stadium for sure.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#690 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:20 pm

Same, haha. as a student the Mall is the place to be. The older I get the farther i'm going from the Mall, lol. Right now I primarily tailgate with some friends by Garage C as well, though this past season I started splitting time at the softball lots as well.

For new tailgaters you should be able to find space around Garage C. It's basically just find an open spot when you arrive. Typically the same people tailgate in the same spot each game so if you're consistent around the time you get there you'll probably be in the same spot each week after the first game.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#691 » by UCF » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#692 » by UCF » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Men’s conference schedule released. Some favorable home games in there.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#693 » by nymets1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:12 am

UCF wrote:
Read on Twitter

Men’s conference schedule released. Some favorable home games in there.

Looks like a more favorable schedule this year than last year. Last year UCF had to play at Memphis and at Temple. This year UCF not playing at Memphis or at Temple thats good news!! Only have to play Houston once instead of twice but UCF won at Houston last year. Last year we played Wichita State only at their place, This year we play Wichita State twice which is fine. And Lastly playing Cincinnati twice again like last year hopefully Cincinnati isn't as tough as last year.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#694 » by craig01 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:35 am

None from Ucf we’re drafted.

Fall will end up somewhere, Dawkins and Taylor will get invites.

Best of luck to all three.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#695 » by nymets1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:38 pm

I hope we sign at least 1 of Fall, Dawkins, Taylor. It hurts that we signed Daquan Jefferies one of our opponents in our conference and we don't have Fall, Dawkins or Taylor.

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#696 » by craig01 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Serious rumors circulating that UConn wants to return their basketball programs to the Big East possibly with football returning to FCS status. The changes would take effect in 2021.

The football team is losing millions of dollars annually, and have little support.

The football team leaving is no big deal and probably strengthens the conference overall given the state of their program, one that runs off of fumes.

nymets1
Head Coach

Post#697 » by nymets1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:59 am

craig01 wrote:Serious rumors circulating that UConn wants to return their basketball programs to the Big East possibly with football returning to FCS status. The changes would take effect in 2021.

The football team is losing millions of dollars annually, and have little support.

The football team leaving is no big deal and probably strengthens the conference overall given the state of their program, one that runs off of fumes.

I think Uconn would be better off in the Big East. I think Uconn is scared of US, Houston, Cincinnati and Memphis. If they go to the Big East, Villanova might be the only huge threat.

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#698 » by craig01 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:32 am

nymets1 wrote:
craig01 wrote:Serious rumors circulating that UConn wants to return their basketball programs to the Big East possibly with football returning to FCS status. The changes would take effect in 2021.

I think Uconn would be better off in the Big East. I think Uconn is scared of US, Houston, Cincinnati and Memphis. If they go to the Big East, Villanova might be the only huge threat.

Disagree about fear, it’s about economics and who they play.

Other than Memphis, Cincinnati, and possibly Houston/Temple, their AAC schedule is blah.

Attendance for both programs has dropped significantly, and the men’s program even more so.

Doesn’t help matters that their MBB program is barely a shadow of the Jim Calhoun days. Kevin Ollie won the ring, but ran that program into sewer. They may never return to the JC days.

The MBB has been operating out of the red for a couple of years.

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#699 » by UCF » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:46 am

I believe if they were winning that would have fixed their attendance issues and this is just suspending their way to get back to playing basketball teams they played in the old days when they mattered.

Memphis went through the similar thing. With the right coach the people will return.

Read on Twitter
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#700 » by nymets1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:18 pm

I just saw on ESPN at the ticker at the bottom of the page that Darrell Mack broke his ankle. I thought at the start of this year that Brandon Wimbush would win the starting QB job so now Wimbush will win the job, Now there's no competition.

https://247sports.com/Article/Darriel-Mack-injury-UCF-football-2019-season-Brandon-Wimbush-133559844/

My only question is Darrell Mack what are you doing in the offseason to break your ankle? No there's no way he's ready for week 1.

Return to Orlando Magic