ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN: Lakers 2.0 The failed reboot

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Re: ESPN: Lakers 2.0 The failed reboot 

Post#41 » by Cafu » Tue May 28, 2019 6:20 pm

stan francisco wrote:We need John Black back. We need a tight lipped news leak culture and the occasional measured press release. This is a ****show.

And if Pelinka is detrimental to a healthy locker room culture, fire him. Do it, Linda! No, no that. Fire him. Lol. If he’s a two faced snake to the players and staff, it doesn’t really matter if he looks like Rob Lowe.

ESPN have always had a Laker hate MO. Whenever they show career highlights of any star from any other NBA team it’s usually predominantly featuring dunks and highlights against the Lakeshow. Most of the time this is actually true. The Laker hate from ESPN is obvious. I think the players know this.

I mean look at the espn front page, you see SAS explicitly calling Pelinka a liar..
Straight disrespect for a team GM lol

I get it the LA is a **** but we don’t need to get the **** throw at our face every able chance.
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#42 » by pb-ceo » Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 pm

ESPN needed an audience bridge to the finals. because god forbid people focusing on something other than the NBA for a day or 2.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,659

Post#43 » by dockingsched » Tue May 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Whether it’s true that Josh Hart mentioned concerns about Spellman to Rob or not, Rob shouldn’t have told his staff about Hart’s comments preciously because you don’t want it getting back to the player like it now appears to be happening.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#44 » by TyCobb » Tue May 28, 2019 6:48 pm

What miserable lives these leakers live.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#45 » by Michael Lucky » Tue May 28, 2019 7:03 pm

The good old days when Jim was the terrible one and Jeannie was going to fix everything. That turned out real well. :lol:
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,955

Post#46 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue May 28, 2019 7:05 pm

It was a beautiful dream while it lasted ...
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#47 » by iamworthy » Tue May 28, 2019 7:11 pm

:lol:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#48 » by Danny Darko » Tue May 28, 2019 7:31 pm

Imagine if this led to ousting Rob and bringing in Riley? Then we totally won free agency... The rest of the league would probably Rumple Stiltskin itself through the floor.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#49 » by Danny Darko » Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 pm

If Rob somehow does have proof on the Ledger thing he'll probably be Balmer rich from the defamation lawsuit. All kinds of news is aggregating that story. Twitter is turned up to 11 on that trending topic.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#50 » by Ball so hard » Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 pm

There has been a lot of noise surrounding Pelinka for quite some time. True or not, the perception is awful. Giving the level of negative press, it's nearly impossible for anyone to effectively do their job. Thought it's unlikely, i'd hope Pelinka will do the right thing and step down.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,341

Post#51 » by Revived » Tue May 28, 2019 8:02 pm

How does Rich Paul have the power to complain to the NBA commissioner about the Lakers head coach? And he influenced Magic to yell at Luke?

I get that LeBron is the biggest sports star perhaps in the world but man...Rich Paul’s only career accomplishment is being LeBron’s friend and he has way too much power for a guy with only that on his resume imo.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#52 » by gts1 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:04 pm

myersia wrote:So it’s clear someone is leaking **** on purpose now. The pr battle is lakers vs magic. Magic gets pissed and leaks out fake **** and we in return leak stuff about him. This has to stop. I know other agents hate pelinka but this stuff has to stop. I hope Adam silver is contacted because the nba needs to investigate this. People clearly want to see the lakers lose out on free agents. Other teams and agents are trying to destroy us. Along with magic as well

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Some context, Holmes has been working on this article for well over a year so the leaks were probably more from pre Magic quitting to post Magic quitting... all these leaks were clearly coming from multiple sources inside the Lakers which shows just how disgruntled with Magic folks were. With 37% of the organizational turnover during Magic's time you're going have folks still there that are unhappy, folks who left that are unhappy and folks who were hired who didn't sign up for that level of BS that are unhappy. they ay the organization is 300 people strong, 37% is a lot of folks leaving, there's gonna be some axes to grind.

Still I'd expect all this to quiet down over the next few months as the story loses it's legs.
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Revived
RealGM

Post#53 » by Revived » Tue May 28, 2019 8:06 pm

The Regime wrote:All the misfits on this team are gone, Magic is gone, coaching staff is gone, but Pelinka still remains. How much more damning material do you need to get rid of this guy?

Rich Paul needs to go too. The guy seems absolutely cancerous from everything that’s ever been said about him.

If the Lakers threaten LeBron with “fire Rich Paul or we’ll trade you to some completely undesirable place (Detroit?)”, what do you think LeBron will do? Does he pack up his bags and take his wife and kids (who just started school in LA) and move which also means forfeiting all those endorsement opportunities in LA?

I don’t think LeBron will give up all that for Rich Paul. Especially since Rich Paul isn’t some childhood friend of LeBron, he met Rich Paul like one year before he was playing in the NBA.

Without Rich Paul, LeBron imo would be a drama free person and the Lakers can get back to business.
gts1
Starter

Post#54 » by gts1 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:08 pm

Danny Darko wrote:Imagine if this led to ousting Rob and bringing in Riley? Then we totally won free agency... The rest of the league would probably Rumple Stiltskin itself through the floor.

I'm waiting for Kobe to come out and tell folks how he got a copy of Batman before it was released which tons of people do.. Voting members of the Academy all get copies before the final edit is even done, as do others within the industry, all it takes is connections and with Kobe's love of the industry I wouldn't doubt for a minute he had access to movies well before their official release
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,659

Post#55 » by dockingsched » Tue May 28, 2019 8:15 pm

John Ireland, along with Ramona, really took issue with how Rich Paul was painted in this article. Ireland argues that he doesn’t see anything different than what was afford to Pelinka when he was Kobe’s agent, what was afforded to Shaq’s agent, and what is afforded to every agent of superstars around the league.

Ireland questioned why it was even included in the article that some of Lebron’s friends are now Lakers staff since that’s something that has happened with Kobe, Shaq and any superar around the league.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#56 » by Sushisensei26 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:26 pm

:lol: :lol:
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#57 » by BEazy » Tue May 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Drama...not surprised ESPN is still trying to rip us apart...

Honestly, With the PR reputation that Pelinka has, he needs to be fired. Its okay if all of this isn’t true, but they gotta demote him or fire him. I honestly don’t see Pelinka finishing the season.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Revived
RealGM

Post#58 » by Revived » Tue May 28, 2019 8:39 pm

gts1 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:Imagine if this led to ousting Rob and bringing in Riley? Then we totally won free agency... The rest of the league would probably Rumple Stiltskin itself through the floor.

I'm waiting for Kobe to come out and tell folks how he got a copy of Batman before it was released which tons of people do.. Voting members of the Academy all get copies before the final edit is even done, as do others within the industry, all it takes is connections and with Kobe's love of the industry I wouldn't doubt for a minute he had access to movies well before their official release

Even if he didn’t get a copy before it was released, Kobe needs to lie and at least say he did to save his old friend Pelinka’s credibility.
gts1
Starter

Post#59 » by gts1 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:44 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Drama...not surprised ESPN is still trying to rip us apart...

Honestly, With the PR reputation that Pelinka has, he needs to be fired. Its okay if all of this isn’t true, but they gotta demote him or fire him. I honestly don’t see Pelinka finishing the season.

I didn't like the hire when they signed him.. I thought two inexperienced people leading the way was a bad move.. But honestly with as much of a jerk Magic has turned out to be and the media's laser like focus on all things negative about the Lakers FO right now I'm actually pulling for the guy..

Revived wrote:
gts1 wrote:

Even if he didn’t get a copy before it was released, Kobe needs to lie and at least say he did to save his old friend Pelinka’s credibility.

watch Kobe post a selfie with him and Ledger...lol
Revived
RealGM

Post#60 » by Revived » Tue May 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Jeanie needs to clean house.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers