ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Predict the Finals

Raps in 4
20%
Raptors in 5
19%
Raptors in 6
15%
Raptors in 7
10%
Warriors in 7
5%
Warriors in 6
18%
Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 4
3%

Total votes: 88

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Re: Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition 

Post#21 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 29, 2019 1:37 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Holy isht, man! :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter

:o :o :o
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,148

Post#22 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 29, 2019 1:49 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So, one of the issues in Lakerland was giving an agent way too much power an access.

Isn't that one of the things the Knicks want to do for Durant?

Lakers have had like 17 separate scenarios like the Durant one decided in their favor.

Can't we have one before we move on to whether or not it was actually a good move?

I'm just messing around a bit. Clearly the Laker dysfunction is Jeannie, then Pelinka, then collectively they, and Magic, giving way too much leeway to an agent.

The Knicks are planning to give leeway to an agent, which I'm going to assume isn't exactly a new thing, but there is probably a right way and a wrong way to do it and Perry, in particular, seems to know the right way.

Also, I figure someone like Perry feels he didn't spend 20+ years busting his ass to make to a GM spot and then fork over all control to a players agent. Just on that alone. Also, that Perry doesn't strike me as an idiot. That helps too.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,086

Post#23 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#24 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 29, 2019 2:11 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

he def wasn't one of the 5. lol.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,850

Post#25 » by SelbyCobra » Wed May 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

"With", though JVG!

Even more bizarre than him being a member of the Fab Five team is that he was also on the Glen Rice squad that beat SHU and DeHere for the title in '89.
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#26 » by SelbyCobra » Wed May 29, 2019 2:59 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So, one of the issues in Lakerland was giving an agent way too much power an access.

Isn't that one of the things the Knicks want to do for Durant?

Lakers have had like 17 separate scenarios like the Durant one decided in their favor.

Can't we have one before we move on to whether or not it was actually a good move?

I'm just messing around a bit. Clearly the Laker dysfunction is Jeannie, then Pelinka, then collectively they, and Magic, giving way too much leeway to an agent.

The Knicks are planning to give leeway to an agent, which I'm going to assume isn't exactly a new thing, but there is probably a right way and a wrong way to do it and Perry, in particular, seems to know the right way.

Also, I figure someone like Perry feels he didn't spend 20+ years busting his ass to make to a GM spot and then fork over all control to a players agent. Just on that alone. Also, that Perry doesn't strike me as an idiot. That helps too.

Hold up hod up hold up, you took that way too seriously. I'M the one messing around a bit. :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,148

Post#27 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 29, 2019 3:18 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

Hold up hod up hold up, you took that way too seriously. I'M the one messing around a bit. :lol:

:D
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#28 » by RHODEY » Wed May 29, 2019 3:25 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:This Laker drama is out of control.

I’m enjoying it, but at the same time I don’t wanna hear anything more about it once the Finals start.

I used to be a fan of his, but what does this fool have to say? You still think LA is a better destination? You still think WE are the most dysfunctional team in the NBA?

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#29 » by robillionaire » Wed May 29, 2019 3:36 pm

RHODEY wrote:

I’m enjoying it, but at the same time I don’t wanna hear anything more about it once the Finals start.

I used to be a fan of his, but what does this fool have to say? You still think LA is a better destination? You still think WE are the most dysfunctional team in the NBA?

like other people in his field he says controversial things that will grab people's attention, who knows if he actually believes that or half of the other things he says
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#30 » by SelbyCobra » Wed May 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#31 » by RHODEY » Wed May 29, 2019 3:43 pm

robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

like other people in his field he says controversial things that will grab people's attention, who knows if he actually believes that or half of the other things he says

Only thing is jumping on the Knicks organization for past mismanagement is hardly considered controversial. But he was a long time Knick fan who decided to finally jump ship to the Lakers. So now that LA's house is burning down down, does he stick with that horse?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#32 » by DOT » Wed May 29, 2019 3:49 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

CP3 ain't getting traded

Dude's gonna be making 45 million in 2022, ain't nobody touching that contract without a sh*tload of picks

Capela though, might have a taker somewhere. Ain't too overpaid for somebody to want him
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#33 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed May 29, 2019 4:06 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

"With", though JVG!

Even more bizarre than him being a member of the Fab Five team is that he was also on the Glen Rice squad that beat SHU and DeHere for the title in '89.

oh, i know. i was just ribbing him.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#34 » by Detective » Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 am

Knicks fam, what is your take on this? NBA head office called up the Raptors before the Finals to move Drake away from the seats he has near the players and cameras. Raptors said nope.

Did they ever try this **** with Spike Lee in his Hecklin Prime?

Read on Twitter
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#35 » by SelbyCobra » Thu May 30, 2019 12:36 am

Detective wrote:Knicks fam, what is your take on this? NBA head office called up the Raptors before the Finals to move Drake away from the seats he has near the players and cameras. Raptors said nope.

Read on Twitter

I think things changed for Drizzy with the optics from the deep tissuing of Nurse, not the heckling of Giannis. It was no longer a rabid fan in his Hecklin Prime, it was someone who is doing things in spaces that are not supposed to be done by anyone but the players and active coaches - not even the team owner/arena owner could get away with that.

With that line crossed everything else is then viewed in a different light.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#36 » by robillionaire » Thu May 30, 2019 12:40 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Detective wrote:Knicks fam, what is your take on this? NBA head office called up the Raptors before the Finals to move Drake away from the seats he has near the players and cameras. Raptors said nope.

Read on Twitter

I think things changed for Drizzy with the optics from the deep tissuing of Nurse, not the heckling of Giannis. It was no longer a rabid fan in his Hecklin Prime, it was someone who is doing things in spaces that are not supposed to be done by anyone but the players and active coaches - not even the team owner/arena owner could get away with that.

I agree but all they have to do is make it clear he can’t touch anybody or he’s ejected from the arena I’m sure he’d agree and that’s that
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#37 » by Detective » Thu May 30, 2019 12:44 am

robillionaire wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

Read on Twitter

I agree but all they have to do is make it clear he can’t touch anybody or he’s ejected from the arena I’m sure he’d agree and that’s that

I appreciate and like both of your takes, and find no reason to disagree. The thing is, in all his time here, Drake has never touched an opposing player during a game. He only interacts physically with our team, and our fans(who have never complained, as we all stand united). And has never strayed from that. I just feel heated because the NBA Head Office takes offense with this, but not the Clippers' tampering all season long.

Did you know they recently tried to blackmail Kawhi by attempting to purchase the rights to his Klaw logo from Nike?

SMH
SelbyCobra
General Manager

Post#38 » by SelbyCobra » Thu May 30, 2019 1:20 am

Detective wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

I appreciate and like both of your takes, and find no reason to disagree. The thing is, in all his time here, Drake has never touched an opposing player during a game. He only interacts physically with our team, and our fans(who have never complained, as we all stand united). And has never strayed from that. I just feel heated because the NBA Head Office takes offense with this, but not the Clippers' tampering all season long.

Did you know they recently tried to blackmail Kawhi by attempting to purchase the rights to his Klaw logo from Nike?

SMH

I might be reading it wrong, but to me it's not about it being done to the Raptors or the opposition, but rather the perceived in-game boundary he crossed. Every once in a while you'll see "superfans" out on the court briefly yelling and screaming (a la Spike), but Drake went over to the game's participants' space during the game and actually physically interacted with the coach, unsolicited.

I understand he's an employee, not just a fan, but I don't even think an owner would be optically acceptable in that scenario. Didn't Cuban once yell at the bench after standing right behind them during a timeout or something? And that was the last time he did that.

For the record, I'm not really taking a side here (though I'd lean towards telling Drake to 'don't ever go to the coaching box or bench area while a game is going on, much less initiate physical contact with anyone involved in the game outside of your seat'), I'm just putting forth what I believe the League might have been looking at and acting on.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#39 » by Tron Carter » Thu May 30, 2019 1:29 am

Read on Twitter

Spike is a true die hard. Drake is a groupie.
R.I.P Black Mamba
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,398

Post#40 » by god shammgod » Thu May 30, 2019 1:42 am

this will solve itself. drake gonna be busy pouting when the raptors are getting that ass waxed. imagine the warriors losing a game because they had problems containing fred vanvleet. as if.

"drug dealing aside, ghostwriting aside, let's have a heart to heart about losing in 5"

Return to New York Knicks