ImageImageImageImage

What are your best Fournier trade proposals?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#201 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:55 pm

Beal for Fournier , Futlz and future 1# pick ( 2020 ).

This trade helps Wizards cut down some salary, gives them future pick and former 1# pick .
They won't be competitive next year anyway as Wall is set to miss whole season.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#202 » by ezzzp » Tue May 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Bensational wrote:I wonder if the Spurs and Lakers would consider this deal...

SAS
in - Ingram + Fournier
out - DeRozan + White

LAL
in - DeRozan
out - Ingram

ORL
in - White
out - Fournier

The Spurs have Murray on the way back anyway, so they have PG covered. The Lakers only really consider this if they strike out on other FAs and feel pressured to add more talent to LeBron sooner.

We'd wipe about $15M off our cap this way, too. Meaning, if we renounce all our FAs other than Vuc, we'd have $5M cap space + this $15M. Stretch Moz and it can get us to $25M, and within range to chase D'Lo. Or at the very least, we can make an offer to Brogdon.

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/
Isaac/Iwundu
(Brogdon/D'Lo)/NAW/Frazier
White/Fultz/DJ

DeRozan is a pretty bad fit with LeBron. They are desperate for shooters around him + DD needs ball in his hands and looses a lot of his effectiveness off ball. I can't see LA doing this even if they strike out on stars. I could see LA being more interested in Fournier than DeRozan, as even last year with all his shooting woes he was still a good off-ball shooter and coming off-of screens. He would be a good match playing off of LeBron.

Spurs probably don't this either as neither Ingram or Fournier replaces their #1 option and primary creator.

From Orlando's pov, I'd be very weary of how a 25 year old PG playing inside the "Popovic-effect," translates outside of that context. Magic can do better. There is really no point in trading Fournier yet unless its a clear upgrade to the back court. I'd at minimum wait until he has a chance to bounce back to his norm + we see what he and Fultz look like as they could play well off each other. Too many variables and risk for what could end up being a pretty bad trade for the Magic.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,611

Post#203 » by Skybox » Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Beal for Fournier , Futlz and future 1# pick ( 2020 ).

This trade helps Wizards cut down some salary, gives them future pick and former 1# pick .

I would LOVE to find out this is all it takes to get Beal...but I don't think so
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#204 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:17 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Beal for Fournier , Futlz and future 1# pick ( 2020 ).

Not remotely close my friend.

Maybe just maybe if Fultz looks like college Fultz when he returns but then at that point why trade him?
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Post#205 » by MasterGMer » Tue May 28, 2019 11:43 pm

I think we have to give up one of BIG to get Beal. And more salary relief also. That is a long shot still
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#206 » by bargnanimvp » Wed May 29, 2019 5:44 am

MasterGMer wrote:I think we have to give up one of BIG to get Beal. And more salary relief also. That is a long shot still

Agree, Gordon or Isaac would probably be involved for Beal. He would have a high price if he hits the market.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#207 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 29, 2019 12:22 pm

I think the trade that would most likely happen is Fournier & 2020 2nd for Allen Crabbe. Brooklyn wanted Evan back in free agency, so I reckon they would still be interested especially if they whiff out on any other elite free agents.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#208 » by NotACat » Wed May 29, 2019 2:00 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I think the trade that would most likely happen is Fournier & 2020 2nd for Allen Crabbe. Brooklyn wanted Evan back in free agency, so I reckon they would still be interested especially if they whiff out on any other elite free agents.

If we do this, do we elevate TRoss to a starter and use Crabbe as our 6th man?

If Fultz is starting, a second unit comprised of DJ-Iwundu-Crabbe-______-Bamba/Birch should be solid.
Black Lives Matter
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#209 » by yoyojw17 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:04 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I think the trade that would most likely happen is Fournier & 2020 2nd for Allen Crabbe. Brooklyn wanted Evan back in free agency, so I reckon they would still be interested especially if they whiff out on any other elite free agents.

wait.... do you guys really see allen crabbe as being an upgrade over fournier? and we give up a pick.... :-o :cry:

He's more expensive... much more 1 dimensional and hasn't even come close to warranting his contract on 2 teams now. I'd rather bank on a Fournier bounceback who is already familiar with the team, coach, organization and has love for the city. but that's just me.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#210 » by basketballRob » Wed May 29, 2019 3:53 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

wait.... do you guys really see allen crabbe as being an upgrade over fournier? and we give up a pick.... :-o :cry:

He's more expensive... much more 1 dimensional and hasn't even come close to warranting his contract on 2 teams now. I'd rather bank on a Fournier bounceback who is already familiar with the team, coach, organization and has love for the city. but that's just me.

The only plus is that Crabbe is in the final year of his contract. I still believe Fournier opts out though.
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#211 » by Tarheel » Wed May 29, 2019 4:53 pm

basketballRob wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

The only plus is that Crabbe is in the final year of his contract. I still believe Fournier opts out though.

You think Fournier opts out of $17m?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#212 » by basketballRob » Wed May 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Tarheel wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:wait.... do you guys really see allen crabbe as being an upgrade over fournier? and we give up a pick.... :-o :cry:

Yes I do, to sign a four year deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#213 » by Tarheel » Wed May 29, 2019 5:00 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Tarheel wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Fair enough, would be good for us if he did. I'd personally be surprised if he left that much on the table unless he has a really good season next year.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#214 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 29, 2019 5:14 pm

NotACat wrote:

If we do this, do we elevate TRoss to a starter and use Crabbe as our 6th man?

If Fultz is starting, a second unit comprised of DJ-Iwundu-Crabbe-______-Bamba/Birch should be solid.

Very very low chance Fultz starts over DJ. Even if Fultz comes back healthy, it will be like a rookie year where he has to spend time relearning everything and won't be better than DJ.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#215 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 29, 2019 5:14 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

Crabbe is an expiring which would be his greatest asset.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#216 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Tarheel wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Tarheel wrote:

Fair enough, would be good for us if he did. I'd personally be surprised if he left that much on the table unless he has a really good season next year.

If Vooch stays, he definitely opts in.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#217 » by tiderulz » Wed May 29, 2019 6:15 pm

basketballRob wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

where are you getting that Fournier can opt out? i dont see anything showing last year as a player option.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#218 » by basketballRob » Wed May 29, 2019 6:24 pm

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:wait.... do you guys really see allen crabbe as being an upgrade over fournier? and we give up a pick.... :-o :cry:

where are you getting that Fournier can opt out? i dont see anything showing last year as a player option.
It's always been common knowledge that his last year is a player option.

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#219 » by tiderulz » Wed May 29, 2019 7:00 pm

basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

i looked and cant find it reported anywhere. my bad if this was common knowledge.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#220 » by basketballRob » Wed May 29, 2019 7:24 pm

tiderulz wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:where are you getting that Fournier can opt out? i dont see anything showing last year as a player option.

i looked and cant find it reported anywhere. my bad if this was common knowledge.
Basketball reference has it.

Return to Orlando Magic