Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#801 » by cowboyronnie » Wed May 22, 2019 2:53 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:So in addition to the slapping and death threats, Paulie is now literally spitting on Artem? What a f*cking scumbag POS.

Never followed Paulie's career but was he always this brash and antagonistic or is this a more Conor-related thing?

He was trashy and super cocky but never antagonistic. The Growing Up Gotti crew would have thought him a cornball. Do a Google Image Search. But he always had a respect for his opponents, perhaps earned through so many years competing among them on the amateur circuit. He was sort of a boxer's boxer.

Conor really got his goat. He cannot handle the public spurning of him. He's lost his mind.

There has to be a real possibility that his broadcast career suffers because of this. He works for SkySports as much as anyone, they can't be cool with spitting, assault, threats of coma. Though a lot of reformed bad boys work for them, I suppose (Chisora, Haye).
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#802 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:59 am

I only know of his career through his wiki page and youtube highlights. Had no idea what he was like off the court but I never really read anything about him being like this. You're definitely right, I think the Conor stuff really hurt his pride. From the sparring video that was made public to the little altercation he had in the public which made Paulie come off looking petty AF. Paulie realises the only way he can ever get his hands on Conor again is through destroying Conor's stablemates.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#803 » by Headliner » Wed May 22, 2019 11:21 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I only know of his career through his wiki page and youtube highlights. Had no idea what he was like off the court but I never really read anything about him being like this. You're definitely right, I think the Conor stuff really hurt his pride. From the sparring video that was made public to the little altercation he had in the public which made Paulie come off looking petty AF. Paulie realises the only way he can ever get his hands on Conor again is through destroying Conor's stablemates.

Even then, what does he think that will accomplish? Like Conor is going to fight Paulie in a boxing match for even 10 mill, which he probably wouldn't even get. He can make double that on a UFC card fighting mediocre guys like Nate.

Paulie would need to enter the cage for it to happen, and he would never have the guts to do that (Not that any fighter is a chicken, but if he wants him bad enough to assault his friends, then step up to the plate and enter the cage).
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#804 » by Susan » Wed May 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Pretty cool.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#805 » by REDDzone » Wed May 22, 2019 2:12 pm

Sounds like Paulie is butthurt by the MMA community and is planning to take it out on Artem. I'm guessing Conor fans trolled him too much. LOL he's lucky he doesn't have beef with some Russian, I hear their fans are much more brutal :lol:

When your piece of sh*t community and your piece of sh*t people talk about ‘we fight with pads on and now you’re in a dangerous sport like MMA,’ when nothing of the sort happens to you which is why you have a circus of a fanbase because it’s like wrestling. At the end of the day, no matter what happens to you guys, [tapping] assures you you’re gonna see that guy next week. [Tapping] assure you you’re gonna see that guy in a few months. In boxing, you don’t have those assurances so there’s a respect level even to the trash talk that we have and it’s being surpassed now, it’s being overcome with this garbage that we have from this other community. For me, I think the way you solve it, seeing one of their own in a coma, seeing one of their own in a f*cking coffin, then you say, ‘You know what, this sh*t is not a joke.’

Much, much more here:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/5/21/18633805/paulie-malignaggi-attacks-piece-of-sh-t-mma-community-why-wants-to-put-artem-lobov-in-a-f-cking-coma
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#806 » by Bernman » Wed May 22, 2019 4:39 pm

The ploys are working because you're going to watch a glorified Toughman contest now. Otherwise interest would be limited. It's sad but true. They'll beat UFC's PPV #'s thru ESPN Plus which are reportedly around 70k.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#807 » by REDDzone » Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Bernman wrote:The ploys are working because you're going to watch a glorified Toughman contest now. Otherwise interest would be limited. It's sad but true. They'll beat UFC's PPV #'s thru ESPN Plus which are reportedly around 70k.

Hopefully that's a collective you. I generally hope Paulie gets smashed, as unlikely as that is. Otherwise I won't be watching and certainly would never consider paying.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#808 » by Bernman » Wed May 22, 2019 8:59 pm

REDDzone wrote:Hopefully that's a collective you. I generally hope Paulie gets smashed, as unlikely as that is. Otherwise I won't be watching and certainly would never consider paying.

It's working on enough people, so they'll both be winners in the end from it. Combat sports are rough, especially that version it looks like, thus I don't have a big problem in walking that line or moving it a bit to generate interest and sell fights.

You personally may not pay per view but you're checking out the pre fight vids, you'll be checking out the post-fights, and you sound interested enough to either watch at a bar or at least illegally stream it. Collectively they'll get over 70k from it which is a big win for these jokers.

As far as the fight, I actually think Lobov has a good shot so you could get your satisfaction. Paulie is pillow-fisted and power could be a big factor without the gloves, as could hand breaks. Then it's a slop fest and battle of wills. Lobov wins that.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#809 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:31 pm

I'm certainly interested. And I don't really care about BKB. But the narrative, seeing a real boxer in a BKB bout and the beef they have just makes things interested.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#810 » by Headliner » Wed May 22, 2019 11:45 pm

I don’t like BKB but I can tolerate it in low doses or when a match of interest pops up. This is one. I will watch it, but won’t pay.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#811 » by Bernman » Thu May 23, 2019 12:50 am

People will come from all over the world to see this match, and most won't even know why. "Hey, is this heaven?", they'll ask. "No, it's bareknuckle boxing."
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,877

Post#812 » by Jasen777 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 am

Khabib Nurmagomedov teammates receive reduced suspensions ahead of UFC 242

Khabib, Abubakar, and Tukhugov will all be eligible to compete before UFC 242 on Sept. 7 in Abu Dhabi, where Khabib is rumored to be defending his lightweight championship. He had previously vowed to not compete until his teammates’ suspensions were over.

Really makes it look like they did this so Khabib can keep his promise.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#813 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 23, 2019 10:59 pm

It's honestly annoying seeing Boxers talk so much smack as they avoid the Octagon and bait MMA fighters into fighting with rules that save the Boxers from potential embarrassment.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,877

Post#814 » by Jasen777 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:26 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:It's honestly annoying seeing Boxers talk so much smack as they avoid the Octagon and bait MMA fighters into fighting with rules that save the Boxers from potential embarrassment.

Well it's all they got, the argument they'd win in a real fight was settled a long time ago.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#815 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri May 24, 2019 11:49 am

All i know is, Paulie is a +140 underdog. I am just waiting for Bodog to put the prop up, there is no way I'm passing on that kind of value. This is Nunes-Rousey absurd like odds.
Thank you Clutch0z24
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#816 » by REDDzone » Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 pm

To be fair, MMA guys call out boxers a lot too. They just tend to be arrogant enough to actually think they can beat boxers at boxing.

I go back to what Tyson Fury said when Ariel asked him about Ngannou calling him out. Fury basically just said Ngannou isn't a challenge in a boxing match. That generally MMA guys aren't going to beat boxers in boxing and boxers aren't going to beat MMA guys in a fight. Common sense.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#817 » by cowboyronnie » Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 pm

By "fight" you mean an MMA match. Fights have walls, trash cans, headbutts, buddies, hair pulling, eye gouging, sucker punches, improv weapons, and weapons.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#818 » by REDDzone » Fri May 24, 2019 4:47 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:By "fight" you mean an MMA match. Fights have walls, trash cans, headbutts, buddies, hair pulling, eye gouging, sucker punches, improv weapons, and weapons.

I mean a boxer with a good sucker punch or a weapon could probably win a fight. The rest of the stuff on your list is in favor of the MMA guy as far as I can tell. Kumaru Usman could take down a 170 lb boxing champion and headbutt them, eye gouge them, and then pull every hair out one by one if he so chose.

MMA "matches" are by far the closest simulation we have to a fight, and we have no reason to believe that MMA fighters aren't the best fighters in general, as far as I can tell. Even if random externalities could even the odds in certain weird situations.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#819 » by Headliner » Wed May 29, 2019 11:40 pm

So apparently Romero won 27 mill in his lawsuit against the supplement company. Damn!

Also, Faber out of retirement and accepted a fight.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#820 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:32 am

I'll be surprised if he'll see more than a few mil of that $27m.

Oh Faber.....

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts