ImageImageImageImage

What are your best Fournier trade proposals?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#221 » by ezzzp » Wed May 29, 2019 7:31 pm

tiderulz wrote:where are you getting that Fournier can opt out? i dont see anything showing last year as a player option.

yea, he can opt out...these are good contract/cap sites:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/orlando-magic-team-salary/

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/orlando-magic/evan-fournier-10845/
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#222 » by basketballRob » Wed May 29, 2019 7:42 pm

Even if Evan got a 2 year 34m dollar contract, with the second year being a player option, it would be worth opting out.

I can't imagine him not being able to get that if he has a decent year.

If he was a free agent this year Atl, Sacramento, or one of the other teams would off him a contract.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,764

Post#223 » by OrlandoNed » Wed May 29, 2019 7:44 pm

ezzzp wrote:
tiderulz wrote:where are you getting that Fournier can opt out? i dont see anything showing last year as a player option.

When I look up salary stuff I usually use hoopshype and it strangely doesn't list Fournier's final year as a player option. Might have to use these 2 instead in the future.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#224 » by tiderulz » Wed May 29, 2019 8:03 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

When I look up salary stuff I usually use hoopshype and it strangely doesn't list Fournier's final year as a player option. Might have to use these 2 instead in the future.

yeah, hoops hype is what i use
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#225 » by Howard Mass » Wed May 29, 2019 9:06 pm

I think Evan Fournier will opt out after this season simply to get a long-term deal unless of course he has a bad season.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#226 » by ezzzp » Wed May 29, 2019 10:05 pm

tiderulz wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:

yeah, hoops hype is what i use

Hoopshype isn't as reliable as BB Insiders - Spotrac is the best, as contracts is their primary focus.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#227 » by Bensational » Wed May 29, 2019 11:19 pm

I can't imagine Fournier opting out unless he outperforms his current contract, or he's unhappy with where he is.

In the event that he does, though, then that applies pressure to move him sooner rather than later. We should aim to move him before the deadline next season or we could find ourselves in a situation where we're discussing what contract to offer him because we don't want to lose an asset for nothing.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#228 » by Bensational » Thu May 30, 2019 4:41 am

UTA: Fournier
ATL: Exum
ORL: Favors

Utah get a wing who's great for their system for only $8M more than they were spending. They still have $25M to chase a starting PG, too.

Atlanta absorbs Exum's contract, taking a punt on him getting healthy and playing up to his potential.

Orlando gets the non-guaranteed deal of Favors, which we decline, and have an extra $17M of cap space to play with. Suddenly, we can chase guys like Russell and Brogdon, and still have the capacity to retain Vuc's cap hold.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#229 » by Bensational » Thu May 30, 2019 5:02 am

Bensational wrote:UTA: Fournier
ATL: Exum
ORL: Favors

Utah get a wing who's great for their system for only $8M more than they were spending. They still have $25M to chase a starting PG, too.

Atlanta absorbs Exum's contract, taking a punt on him getting healthy and playing up to his potential.

Orlando gets the non-guaranteed deal of Favors, which we decline, and have an extra $17M of cap space to play with. Suddenly, we can chase guys like Russell and Brogdon, and still have the capacity to retain Vuc's cap hold.

Update. A different version:

ORL: Favors (non-guaranteed)
UTA: Conley
MEM: Fournier + Mozgov + Allen/#23

We'd come away with an extra $34M in cap space, and suddenly be free to make offers to any FA whilst still being able to retain Vuc and our young core.
Icemanbrfc
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#230 » by Icemanbrfc » Thu May 30, 2019 5:13 am

Fournier for some draft picks

Sent from my I3213 using Tapatalk
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#231 » by basketballRob » Thu May 30, 2019 10:36 am

Bensational wrote:I can't imagine Fournier opting out unless he outperforms his current contract, or he's unhappy with where he is.

In the event that he does, though, then that applies pressure to move him sooner rather than later. We should aim to move him before the deadline next season or we could find ourselves in a situation where we're discussing what contract to offer him because we don't want to lose an asset for nothing.
He's basically a Gordon Hayward lite and you saw the frenzy he had when he was a free agent.

As is I think someone gives him a deal similar to the one he has now.

BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 660

Post#232 » by BlueBalls » Thu May 30, 2019 1:18 pm

I'd let him go for a Publix Chicken Tender sub.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#233 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 30, 2019 3:04 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Bensational wrote:I can't imagine Fournier opting out unless he outperforms his current contract, or he's unhappy with where he is.

He's basically a Gordon Hayward lite and you saw the frenzy he had when he was a free agent.

again we run into the issue that Magic are needing Fournier to carry the load since we have a lack of scoring/shooting/really everything on the offensive side.

Magic's Value of EF on 34M over 2 years to be option 2 is likely extremely overrated/overpaid vs let's say how Utah or Indy would Value EF on 34M 2 year to be option 3 where he would likely fit in and be "valued" based on how he does being 3rd fiddle.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#234 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:25 pm

BlueBalls wrote:I'd let him go for a Publix Chicken Tender sub.

I'll let a lot of things go for Publix Chicken Tender Sub! lol... first born ....maaaaybe. lol
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#235 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:29 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

again we run into the issue that Magic are needing Fournier to carry the load since we have a lack of scoring/shooting/really everything on the offensive side.

Magic's Value of EF on 34M over 2 years to be option 2 is likely extremely overrated/overpaid vs let's say how Utah or Indy would Value EF on 34M 2 year to be option 3 where he would likely fit in and be "valued" based on how he does being 3rd fiddle.

Having higher hopes for Fultz production by the end of next year will definitely help a lot. All things working out.... Fultz and Fournier would make a pretty solid backcourt for the next couple years. So i don't see them actively trying to force a situation till more is known or a shot at that backcourt is at least given a try. But... i do hope that we find a future replacement in the upcoming draft with the number 16 pick. Give me langford, NAW, porter or even Johnson... and i'd be pretty happy.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#236 » by Nyce_1 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Fournier + 16 for Eric Gordon.

Who says no?
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#237 » by NotACat » Thu May 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Fournier + 16 for Eric Gordon.

Who says no?

Orlando easily says no
Black Lives Matter
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#238 » by Skin » Thu May 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Who says no?

Both teams say no. HOU wants to get better now. Don't want to wait for a draft pick to develop.

ORL could get a nice player to add to their young core at 16 and Eric Gordon still doesn't get us out of Round 1.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 572

Post#239 » by MasterGMer » Thu May 30, 2019 6:45 pm

NotACat wrote:

Who says no?

Orlando easily says no

Fournier + Mozgov + 16th pick for Gordon and Capela?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#240 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 pm

I think there are lots of options like Knicks or Dallas. Because, both teams will need to round out rosters when they both miss out on signing (2) Max free agents. Dallas trade of Fournier for Courtney Lee's expiring would be very nice.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic