ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Predict the Finals

Raps in 4
20%
Raptors in 5
19%
Raptors in 6
15%
Raptors in 7
10%
Warriors in 7
5%
Warriors in 6
18%
Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 4
3%

Total votes: 88

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,915

Re: Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition 

Post#41 » by SelbyCobra » Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 am

There's a lot to like about this man.

Read on Twitter
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,568

Post#42 » by Knick4Real » Thu May 30, 2019 2:44 am

Detective wrote:Knicks fam, what is your take on this? NBA head office called up the Raptors before the Finals to move Drake away from the seats he has near the players and cameras. Raptors said nope.

Did they ever try this **** with Spike Lee in his Hecklin Prime?

Read on Twitter

I'm glad they finally told Drake to sit his arse DOWN... especially since this is now the 2ND time the NBA has had to have a talk with him.

Last year, the NBA warned the rapper, who also is a global ambassador for the Raptors, after a confrontation with then-Cleveland Cavaliers center Kendrick Perkins during a playoff series between the Raptors and the Cavs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26848881/nba-spoke-raptors-drake-ecf
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,039

Post#43 » by GONYK » Thu May 30, 2019 2:53 am

SelbyCobra wrote:There's a lot to like about this man.

Read on Twitter

What was the question?
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#44 » by Marty McFly » Thu May 30, 2019 2:54 am

K-DOT wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter

CP3 ain't getting traded

Dude's gonna be making 45 million in 2022, ain't nobody touching that contract without a sh*tload of picks

Capela though, might have a taker somewhere. Ain't too overpaid for somebody to want him

I’m enjoying them being on that high class treadmill right now.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,515

Post#45 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu May 30, 2019 3:11 am

Knick4Real wrote:
Detective wrote:Knicks fam, what is your take on this? NBA head office called up the Raptors before the Finals to move Drake away from the seats he has near the players and cameras. Raptors said nope.

Read on Twitter

I'm glad they finally told Drake to sit his arse DOWN... especially since this is now the 2ND time the NBA has had to have a talk with him.

Last year, the NBA warned the rapper, who also is a global ambassador for the Raptors, after a confrontation with then-Cleveland Cavaliers center Kendrick Perkins during a playoff series between the Raptors and the Cavs.

To me that's just the NBA paying too much attention to the haters and being soft.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#46 » by Detective » Thu May 30, 2019 3:13 am

Drake will be lit AF tomorrow. So will Jurassic Park, because it's being expanded.

Raps ownership has also given permission to every Canadian city to host their own Jurassic Park(s) across the country. And Cineplex Theatres, will be having free big screen viewings too, coast to coast. I think the NBA will realize finally how good this will be for ratings, even when 50% of the Canadian views and all the streaming views don't count.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#47 » by F N 11 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:13 am

Drake is just a fan. Stop making chit soft man it’s basketball. Nobody studying drake when they tryna play ball.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,915

Post#48 » by SelbyCobra » Thu May 30, 2019 3:43 am

Detective wrote:Drake will be lit AF tomorrow. So will Jurassic Park, because it's being expanded.

Raps ownership has also given permission to every Canadian city to host their own Jurassic Park(s) across the country. And Cineplex Theatres, will be having free big screen viewings too, coast to coast. I think the NBA will realize finally how good this will be for ratings, even when 50% of the Canadian views and all the streaming views don't count.

I'm rooting for the Warriors, but I'm loving what Toronto, and Canada on the whole is doing with their support. It's really enjoyable to see fans legitimately happy and enjoying themselves while they are cheering their squad on with everything they have.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#49 » by Detective » Thu May 30, 2019 3:45 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Detective wrote:Drake will be lit AF tomorrow. So will Jurassic Park, because it's being expanded.

I'm rooting for the Warriors, but I'm loving what Toronto, and Canada on the whole is doing with their support. It's really enjoyable to see fans legitimately happy and enjoying themselves while they are cheering their squad on with everything they have.

Thank you, we appreciate that. I am so grateful to be apart of the experience, and witness Jurassic Park in June. Everyone will be sending the Raps their energy across the country.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#50 » by F N 11 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:47 am

Imagine how Toronto fans are times 10. That’s how NYC would be of the Knicks even touch the conference finals.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,568

Post#51 » by Knick4Real » Thu May 30, 2019 3:48 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

Read on Twitter

To me that's just the NBA paying too much attention to the haters and being soft.

I disagree!

The NBA had to make this statement. Otherwise, every Tom, Dick, and Harry might suddenly feel they can be on the court, in the path of the players, massaging a coach while he's trying to work, etc. just like Drake.

The league already has a rule for this, so it was necessary for them to enforce it. And, as I said before, Drake needs to sit his arse down!!
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#52 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 30, 2019 8:56 am

I really don't want to see Drake in focus of one single camera shot this series. Moron. Putting him on the screen is what's actually ridiculous. I want to see basketball - who cares what this pile of **** likes or roots for.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#53 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 30, 2019 9:01 am

god shammgod wrote:this will solve itself. drake gonna be busy pouting when the raptors are getting that ass waxed. imagine the warriors losing a game because they had problems containing fred vanvleet. as if.

"drug dealing aside, ghostwriting aside, let's have a heart to heart about losing in 5"

I think they really should talk to ABC about not giving him the spotlight. It's not good for entertainment or my mood.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,374

Post#54 » by Ray Williams » Thu May 30, 2019 9:02 am

spree2kawhi wrote:I really don't want to see Drake in focus of one single camera shot this series. Moron. Putting him on the screen is what's actually ridiculous. I want to see basketball - who cares what this pile of **** likes or roots for.

I’m want to see him get Charles Oakley’d
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#55 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 30, 2019 9:56 am

Ray Williams wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I really don't want to see Drake in focus of one single camera shot this series. Moron. Putting him on the screen is what's actually ridiculous. I want to see basketball - who cares what this pile of **** likes or roots for.

I’m want to see him get Charles Oakley’d

But since that's not gonna happen, at least they shouldn't show him on TV.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#56 » by metafisical » Thu May 30, 2019 1:23 pm

F N 11 wrote:Imagine how Toronto fans are times 10. That’s how NYC would be of the Knicks even touch the conference finals.

With good young players and a crap load of cap space, that time will come sooner rather than later for the Knicks.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,486

Post#57 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#58 » by moocow007 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:52 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter
Other than Harden, he's really the only other guy on the Rockets with any real trade value.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#59 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Knick4Real wrote:

Read on Twitter

i think drake just needs to be seated and not interrupt the sideline. otherwise, he can be as obnoxious as he wants if he's not physically altering the game or being inappropriate with his language. :dontknow:

moving drake because he's too distracting alone would set a bad precedent. when he's interfering with the sideline activity, that's a problem. and in that last game, he looked to have toned that part down.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#60 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 30, 2019 2:57 pm

moocow007 wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Read on Twitter
Other than Harden, he's really the only other guy on the Rockets with any real trade value.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

you don't think a contender might want eric gordon or pj tucker? i think so. but point taken.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks