ImageImageImageImage

OT: General OT / Entertainment Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Re: OT: General OT / Entertainment Thread 

Post#21 » by basketballRob » Wed May 29, 2019 7:29 pm

I got a great package from Spectrum. I have a streaming TV with internet for 100 dollars. Not sure how I got it, I just told them I wanted to make sure I got Fox Sports.

I have every single channel, streaming through the Spectrum TV app. Almost every show gives you the option of starting from the beginning.

You can also download the individual apps like fox Sports.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#22 » by Max Power » Thu May 30, 2019 1:26 am

Orlando, I didn’t know it was that soon for a Deadwood movie. I knew they were making it though. I’ll definitely check that out.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#23 » by Bensational » Thu May 30, 2019 2:37 am

Max Power wrote:Orlando, I didn’t know it was that soon for a Deadwood movie. I knew they were making it though. I’ll definitely check that out.

I'm one of the few who never got into Deadwood. I need to revisit it. But I've tried twice already and get 3-4 episodes in and then forget to go back each time because it hasn't grabbed me.

It's like The Wire. Highly touted, and widely considered one of the best shows of all time, but... it just doesn't grab me.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#24 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 30, 2019 11:50 am

basketballRob wrote:I got a great package from Spectrum. I have a streaming TV with internet for 100 dollars. Not sure how I got it, I just told them I wanted to make sure I got Fox Sports.

I have every single channel, streaming through the Spectrum TV app. Almost every show gives you the option of starting from the beginning.

For me, Youtube.tv has the best sports package, but Spectrum came in 2nd best out of all 5 streaming TV services.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#25 » by MagicFan101 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I got a great package from Spectrum. I have a streaming TV with internet for 100 dollars. Not sure how I got it, I just told them I wanted to make sure I got Fox Sports.

For me, Youtube.tv has the best sports package, but Spectrum came in 2nd best out of all 5 streaming TV services.

I have been extremely happy with Hulu-Live + Netflix + Prime to cover all of my entertainment needs.

Hulu-Live does a great job with streaming television. I tried Sling-TV first and was disappointed with the service. However, I had an older Roku at the time. I switched to Hulu-Live the same time I upgraded to a new TV with a built in WiFi adapter. So it is possible the problems with Sling were on my end. Regardless, I have no reason to turn away from Hulu-Live.

Spectrum customer service is enough for me to never use them again.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#26 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 30, 2019 12:24 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I have been extremely happy with Hulu-Live + Netflix + Prime to cover all of my entertainment needs.

Hulu-Live does a great job with streaming television. I tried Sling-TV first and was disappointed with the service. However, I had an older Roku at the time. I switched to Hulu-Live the same time I upgraded to a new TV with a built in WiFi adapter. So it is possible the problems with Sling were on my end. Regardless, I have no reason to turn away from Hulu-Live.

The free television APP called Pluto TV is great as well. Sometimes, I watch that more than I do regular TV. Has over 100 channels.

Spectrum wanted me to come back so bad, they offered me TV and Internet for $45 a month for one year. I declined.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#27 » by basketballRob » Thu May 30, 2019 12:49 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

The free television APP called Pluto TV is great as well. Sometimes, I watch that more than I do regular TV. Has over 100 channels.

Spectrum wanted me to come back so bad, they offered me TV and Internet for $45 a month for one year. I declined.
I'm happy with spectrum right now. Every single channel, including all the premiums with internet for 100 bucks.

MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#28 » by MagicFan101 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:34 pm

basketballRob wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I'm happy with spectrum right now. Every single channel, including all the premiums with internet for 100 bucks.

Hulu-Live + Netflix + Prime (w/ HBO) + internet all for about $100 as well.

Not nearly as many channels as cable but still more than I ever need and all the ones I want.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#29 » by UCFJayBird » Thu May 30, 2019 1:50 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I tried Hulu Live for a week (free trial) and was left disappointed. I remember trying to tune into a Magic game in the 3rd quarter, and for whatever reason it was starting it from the 1st quarter, and it wouldn't let me fast forward or go live! Then i tried to watch a recording of a show and it wouldn't let me fast forward through the commercials (i could through the show), even though I had the best package.

It was the strangest thing. Looking back it was probably an issue with the app on my smart tv (samsung QLED) because I know others who have never experienced those issues. Bah.

So I stuck with cable for now, plus we have Netflix, Prime (though we only have it for free shipping really), HBO, and Hulu, lol. My wife and I pay an obscene amount at the moment.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#30 » by basketballRob » Thu May 30, 2019 1:57 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I tried Hulu Live for a week (free trial) and was left disappointed. I remember trying to tune into a Magic game in the 3rd quarter, and for whatever reason it was starting it from the 1st quarter, and it wouldn't let me fast forward or go live! Then i tried to watch a recording of a show and it wouldn't let me fast forward through the commercials (i could through the show), even though I had the best package.

It was the strangest thing. Looking back it was probably an issue with the app on my smart tv (samsung QLED) because I know others who have never experienced those issues. Bah.

So I stuck with cable for now, plus we have Netflix, Prime (though we only have it for free shipping really), HBO, and Hulu, lol. My wife and I pay an obscene amount at the moment.
Try the Streaming TV from spectrum. You just put the spectrum app on your TV then I get every channel. No cables to hookup.

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#31 » by UCFJayBird » Thu May 30, 2019 2:02 pm

basketballRob wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Try the Streaming TV from spectrum. You just put the spectrum app on your TV then I get every channel. No cables to hookup.

do you still get DVR? What's the cost?
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#32 » by basketballRob » Thu May 30, 2019 2:05 pm

I pay 100 a month, not sure how I did it. It's called streaming TV. No you don't get DVR but you can restart almost all programs from the beginning and then rewind and fast forward.

With that service you can download the individual apps like TNT and Fox Sports and watch replays.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#33 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 30, 2019 2:08 pm

basketballRob wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

That is the same with all streaming services albeit DirectTV, Youtube TV, Hulu etc.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#34 » by basketballRob » Thu May 30, 2019 2:10 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

That is the same with all streaming services albeit DirectTV, Youtube TV, Hulu etc.
I'm not sure you can get every single channel plus internet on all your TVs and devices for 103.61.

MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#35 » by MagicFan101 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:04 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

As I don’t live in Florida I have NBA League Pass through Amazon Prime for Magic games which works great.

Hulu-Live has been fantastic for live sports through major network channels (ABC / NBC / CBS / ESPN / TNT ...)

But as I mentioned, you do have to make sure the WiFi adapter on you device is top notch. I fully believe that was the cause of my disappointment with Sling-TV. Watching new episodes shows which were pre-recorded in a studio is not the same as live sports.

Return to Orlando Magic