Child Struck By Line Drive In Houston

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Child Struck By Line Drive In Houston 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 30, 2019 2:07 pm

A young fan at Wednesday\'s Chicago Cubs-Houston Astros game was struck by an Albert Almora Jr. foul ball and taken to the hospital.

The Cubs center fielder was very shaken up afterward.

Almora hit a fourth-inning line drive into the stands down the third-base line, where it struck the girl. She was picked up by a man who appeared to be with her, and he dashed up the stairs with the child at Minute Maid Park.

It took several minutes for Almora to compose himself and continue the at-bat, and players from both teams also appeared shaken up by the scene.

\"I had to try to keep my composure during that at-bat, but when that half-inning was over, I just couldn\'t hold it anymore,\" Almora said.

After the fourth inning, Almora, who still appeared upset, approached a security guard in the stands near where the girl was sitting and spoke to the guard before the two embraced and a tearful Almora went back to the dugout. He said he was updated on the girl\'s condition.

\"Unofficial things,\" Almora said of what the two shared. \"I wish I could say more.\"

Via ESPN

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Child Struck By Line Drive In Houston 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu May 30, 2019 2:29 pm

It seems to me that when you try to hit a ball out of the park and it indeed ends up out of the park that one should not be surprised nor shaken up.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#3 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 30, 2019 3:04 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:It seems to me that when you try to hit a ball out of the park and it indeed ends up out of the park that one should not be surprised nor shaken up.

you don't expect someone to be struck or injured. that doesn't normally happen. and if it does, is it not reasonable to be surprised or shaken up?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mafoutz
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#4 » by mafoutz » Thu May 30, 2019 6:35 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:It seems to me that when you try to hit a ball out of the park and it indeed ends up out of the park that one should not be surprised nor shaken up.

He hit a little girl and she needed to be rushed to the hospital. What's wrong with you?

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion