ImageImageImageImage

Listen Everyone...draft TACKO FALL!!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Re: Listen Everyone...draft TACKO FALL!! 

Post#61 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 am

j-ragg wrote:People really think this guy will be a rotation player? He’s going to get played off the court in the league. I wanted to love him with him being UCF but I think it’d be a waste of a pick.
Why not? All im saying is if Boban is having a decent career and has carved out a niche as a spot minutes player who impacts the game so can Tacko imo who I personally think is more agile. Is the 46th pick really going to stick around anyway?

To me it would make for an interesting story line and Its better than pretending the "draft flattened out" or going for another unskilled wing with long arms. Its not likely anyone picked there is going to make an impact anyway. There is zero risk. Swing for the fences baby

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#62 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
j-ragg wrote:People really think this guy will be a rotation player? He’s going to get played off the court in the league. I wanted to love him with him being UCF but I think it’d be a waste of a pick.
Why not? All im saying is if Boban is having a decent career and has carved out a niche as a spot minutes player who impacts the game so can Tacko imo who I personally think is more agile. Is the 46th pick really going to stick around anyway?

To me it would make for an interesting story line and Its better than pretending the "draft flattened out" or going for another unskilled wing with long arms. Its not likely anyone picked there is going to make an impact anyway. There is zero risk. Swing for the fences baby

Boban is shorter... and more mobile. And has some jumpshot (well, not really jump- shot lol)
But we talk about 8-12 mpg player that is most of the time third string C.

He is averaging 9,8 mpg for career.
Taco could do well in Europe where he can camp inside paint because there is no 3 sec rule.
Guy seems to be likeable and fans love him, just like Boban, so he will probably have positive impact on lockeroom that could help him stick around in nba, if he gets there.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#63 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed May 22, 2019 2:30 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Boban is shorter... and more mobile. And has some jumpshot (well, not really jump- shot lol)

Taco could do well in Europe where he can camp inside paint because there is no 3 sec rule.
Guy seems to be likeable and fans love him, just like Boban, so he will probably have positive impact on lockeroom that could help him stick around in nba, if he gets there.
dude. Boban being sshorter means absolutely nothing and he isn’t more mobile, At the very least they’re equally as mobile. Come on man, get on the bus
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#64 » by OrlandO » Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Yeah, I could see Tacko being like a Boban. So big he can make an impact just standing in the paint, but too big to play a lot of minutes. Maybe a late 2nd round pick since those are usually throwaways anyway, but 1st round pick should be out of the question.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#65 » by j-ragg » Wed May 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Yeah I get that 46th pick isn't likely to be a rotation player anyway, I just don't see anyway of Tacko becoming one. Would rather trade up a few spots for Carsen Edwards or take someone who has a chance. Boban is the PER god but he can't play in the league these days, it's just too spread out and fast for someone so big and lumbering. I think Tacko's best case scenario is a role like Boban's, sporadic third big bench minutes but I don't see that happening either.

edit - I like Tacko's story and hope I'm completely wrong fwiw. I might've been a little harsh on him because I saw someone say they'd take him at 16. I get triggered easily lol.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#66 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Why not? All im saying is if Boban is having a decent career and has carved out a niche as a spot minutes player who impacts the game so can Tacko imo who I personally think is more agile. Is the 46th pick really going to stick around anyway?

dude. Boban being sshorter means absolutely nothing and he isn’t more mobile, At the very least they’re equally as mobile. Come on man, get on the bus

Man, i would prefer player that has some upside, not that who's ceiling is to be Boban Marjanovic.
They are just too tall, too slow for nba. Could get some garbage min, but you can't play them regular min.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#67 » by j-ragg » Wed May 22, 2019 3:06 pm

I'd rather even have Kyle Guy at 46. I at least know he can shoot and move off the ball which is something valuable in the league. Maybe he learns to handle the ball a little better and puts on weight, can eventually be a Seth Curry.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#68 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Man, i would prefer player that has some upside, not that who's ceiling is to be Boban Marjanovic.
They are just too tall, too slow for nba. Could get some garbage min, but you can't play them regular min.
if there’s one at 46 sure. They always talk about “upside” at that range and they end up flaming out.
#2A
#Adopt
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#69 » by fendilim » Wed May 22, 2019 5:05 pm

The thing with Boban though is he actually has a nice touch around the ring. Tacko doesnt.

I think Tacko ends up more like Pavel tbh. Lol drafted only because he is tall.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#70 » by UCF » Wed May 29, 2019 11:31 pm

I’m as big of a knights fan as they come and even I would think twice of drafting him anywhere near the first round. He can be very passive in his play and needs to be in the right defensive scheme to be effective. That said, I would draft him in the second round. Can’t teach size and he’s mobile enough to play back up minutes (20 minutes) for sure.
Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 237

Post#71 » by Magic4champ » Thu May 30, 2019 12:34 am

Tacko can be playing for our d league and actually sell tickets. He is a giant marketing guy that can fill out seats in the arena. He has a lot of limitations but he is the biggest dude in the nba. I'll give him the 2nd pick at 46th unless someone we love falls unexpectedly to the 46th
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#72 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 30, 2019 1:23 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Also, Boban got sick MMA moves in John Wick!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#73 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Why not? All im saying is if Boban is having a decent career and has carved out a niche as a spot minutes player who impacts the game so can Tacko imo who I personally think is more agile. Is the 46th pick really going to stick around anyway?

Also, Boban got sick MMA moves in John Wick!

:lol: :lol:

they see me rollin', they hatin'
Icemanbrfc
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#74 » by Icemanbrfc » Thu May 30, 2019 6:10 am

thelead wrote:YES!!! WE NEED MOAR CENTERS!!!
MORE

Sent from my I3213 using Tapatalk
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#75 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:22 pm

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft
Nbadraft agrees.... MOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! lol
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#76 » by thelead » Fri May 31, 2019 1:30 am

Icemanbrfc wrote:
thelead wrote:YES!!! WE NEED MOAR CENTERS!!!
MORE

Sent from my I3213 using Tapatalk

You no speak internet?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moar
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#77 » by drsd » Fri May 31, 2019 1:35 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Image

they see me rollin', they hatin'

This might be a violation of his contract. Many players would be banned from ATVs and motorcycles.

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#78 » by Def Swami » Sun Jun 2, 2019 12:07 am

Read on Twitter
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#79 » by drsd » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:49 am

If the Magic is looking to shore up its bench at #46, a college senior makes great sense. This year's Iwundu/Frazier type could be FSU's Terance Mann.

I would think that if the Magic draft Mann, many here would be quite pleased with that outcome.

(And I would think this would thrill Isaac).

Read on Twitter
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#80 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jun 6, 2019 1:09 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

:rockon:
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic