Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#1321 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed May 8, 2019 6:40 pm

Trust me ;-)
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#1322 » by UcanUwill » Thu May 9, 2019 2:11 pm

Too early, but I want to thank whoever talked me into putting some money on Liverpool winning CL. Good season.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#1323 » by danfantastk32 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Well bummer. It's over now 4-1 Man-City.

Good season. Such a shame a year this good only results in #2. Those draws man......that little string of draws to mid / lower level teams. That said....your not gonna win every game. Nobody on our squad should hang their head. This was by any standard, an amazing season.

Don't really know if any tinkering is needed this offseason. Couple guys I'd move myself....perhaps if we pool all our $$ into another defender of VVD's level....really become first class defensively. Otherwise....just hope we stay healthy, and keep that pressure.

Now we focus on the CL. Not my deal....but would be great to hoist SOMETHING. As of yet, I don;t think we have anything to show for Klopp's tenure.

Great job Klopp. Great job boys. YNWA
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#1324 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 12, 2019 4:17 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Well bummer. It's over now 4-1 Man-City.

Good season. Such a shame a year this good only results in #2. Those draws man......that little string of draws to mid / lower level teams. That said....your not gonna win every game. Nobody on our squad should hang their head. This was by any standard, an amazing season.

Don't really know if any tinkering is needed this offseason. Couple guys I'd move myself....perhaps if we pool all our $$ into another defender of VVD's level....really become first class defensively. Otherwise....just hope we stay healthy, and keep that pressure.

Now we focus on the CL. Not my deal....but would be great to hoist SOMETHING. As of yet, I don;t think we have anything to show for Klopp's tenure.

Great job Klopp. Great job boys. YNWA

When your dealing with a club like City who just outspend everyone & have the means to do it, your chances of winning (League) are severely limited. You can't fault Klopp. If he had the resources that Guardiola has at his disposal, Liverpool (not City) would be Champions on a yearly basis. Klopp > Guardiola
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1325 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 12, 2019 6:19 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:After that CL match, it's hard for me to get super excited for today's match. I thought we at least had a legit shot at the CL.

I hope the boys don't feel a negative hangover from Wednesday. I certainly do.

Personally, I find the CL a cheap consolation prize. If losing the CL meant a .8 percent better chance of winning the Prem, I'll take it.

Once we've won the Prem a time or two, things might change....but it's embarrassing that we've not.

When we lost outright possession of 1st place several weeks ago, I had a feeling that City would go on a run to ensure that they would take home the title again.

Because of this, I wanted us to go as far as possible in the CL so that we could at least have a chance at another title of significance if we were unable to secure the PL title.

Even though we’re dying for PL title, I don’t regard the CL as a “cheap consolation” and I’m sure Liverpool doesn’t either with all of the money and exposure the team is getting.

We don’t sing and celebrate that “we won it five times” because for no reason.

In fact, I think the CL means a ton to the players, especially those not based in the UK. Even Salah talked about his preference for the CL a few weeks ago.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1326 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 12, 2019 7:00 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:After that CL match, it's hard for me to get super excited for today's match. I thought we at least had a legit shot at the CL.

I hope the boys don't feel a negative hangover from Wednesday. I certainly do.

Personally, I find the CL a cheap consolation prize. If losing the CL meant a .8 percent better chance of winning the Prem, I'll take it.

Once we've won the Prem a time or two, things might change....but it's embarrassing that we've not.

When we lost outright possession of 1st place several weeks ago, I had a feeling that City would go on a run to ensure that they would take home the title again.

Because of this, I wanted us to go as far as possible in the CL so that we could at least have a chance at another title of significance if we were unable to secure the PL title.

Even though we’re dying for PL title, I don’t regard the CL as a “cheap consolation” and I’m sure Liverpool doesn’t either with all of the money and exposure the team is getting.

We don’t sing and celebrate that “we won it five times” because for no reason.

In fact, I think the CL means a ton to the players, especially those not based in the UK. Even Salah talked about his preference for the CL a few weeks ago.

Well said.

Winning the league would be an amazing accomplishment. Especially in the near term with a club that has the type of resources that City do. Regardless of the outcome, I'm extremely proud of our boys & Klopp for what they've accomplished this season.

97 freaking points guys....I mean C'mon....It's been remarkable to say the least.

Now...all that being said...Let's go be European Champions! :king: :D
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,210

Post#1327 » by coldfish » Mon May 13, 2019 12:44 am

By my count, Man City has won every game since 2/1. 14 straight.

Liverpool has won 9 straight.

Over those streaks, those teams went 6-0 versus other big 6 teams in the prem.

Between the two of them, their GD was close to +110.

This season has been great. A CL trophy would drastically help my opinion of it but even a loss wouldn't completely spoil my opinion of the year.

With all that said, what exactly is going to happen to knock these two teams off? They both have youth, good coaches, a ton of money and are highly desirable locations. As Pep said, Man City is going to spend big this offseason and be even better. Liverpool:
- Didn't get Fabinho and Keita integrated until the second half of the year.
- Putting Fabinho at the 6 freed up Henderson and he played a lot better as a box to box
- Is getting Ox back
- Has a depth issue on the front line which cost them points but they have a fortune to fix that with
- Has only Milner as a player which is older
On its face, Liverpool is going to be better next year too

If Tottenham spends a fortune on depth they might be able to jump up. Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU have significant issues to the point where they may just tread water (Pogba, Hazard, etc. leave).

Next year might just be a repeat of this year. The two Man City / Liverpool fixtures might just decide the title again.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#1328 » by bargnanimvp » Mon May 13, 2019 12:53 am

Can't be too upset with this season. 97 points is crazy. Plus Man U had a horrible season!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1329 » by danfantastk32 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:06 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Even though we’re dying for PL title, I don’t regard the CL as a “cheap consolation” and I’m sure Liverpool doesn’t either with all of the money and exposure the team is getting.

I hear it. Hope we win. Glad you're into it. For me....It's gonna be the thing I wanted to win less than 1/3rd as the league. It's a cheap consolation prize for me. I get what it means for the team, and the players. It will be a useful recruiting tool. If we win, we will be able to point that out to players thinking of leaving for Barca/Madrid/etc.

Will be really nice to hoist something.

But if God came down and asked if I would be ok losing the CL final if he promised we'd be at game 38 next year a point down, and let the chips fall where they may........I'd take it in a second.

You'd all hate me.....but it would take less than half a second to say "done".
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#1330 » by danfantastk32 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:10 am

bargnanimvp wrote:Can't be too upset with this season. 97 points is crazy. Plus Man U had a horrible season!

Eh....I don't particularly care where Man-U fall. As long as we're taking care of our own business, beating them, and getting trophy's.

We still have a chance at the CL. As you've prob read, It's not what I care about.....but I will definitely be happy. It will be a big deal for the players.....and most importantly, it will be good for the players with options next year to know this team is winning things.

But if we lose....I kinda feel like the last couple seasons become the "thanks for trying" years. Incredible team, with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Let's hope we win the CL, and shore up for an even stronger challenge next year.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#1331 » by Next Coming » Mon May 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Proud of the boys. Important to keep everyone this summer and invest in 2-3 big signings.

Timo Werner
Paulo Dybala
Kai Havertz
Houssem Auoar
Tanguy Ndombele
Matthijs de Ligt
Harry Maguire
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#1332 » by Stannis » Mon May 13, 2019 6:04 pm

97 points, the team lived up to expectations. I hope they keep Klopp for a long time. And I hope next season the guys return with the same passion.

Though, I will say if they weren't in the CLs finals, this would hurt A LOT more lol. I really hope they win...

I hope they resign Origi. I really don't keep up with transfer targets, but I'd really like a backup for Firmino. I think Origi can fill that role. Firmino is one of a kind, and I don't think there's a forward like him. But Origi is good luck lol
Free Palestine
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#1333 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jun 1, 2019 6:20 pm

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics