Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Trade Ideas Thread: Deadline Edition 

Post#681 » by bondom34 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:44 pm

Boy Justin is obsessed huh
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#682 » by RalphSampsonJr » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:51 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
I don’t think it’s a given that George still feels the same way about being here that he felt last year.

Doesnt matter how he feels. Okc have him for his prime. You wait until his last season if things arent working. You have him for two more seasons after this.

Finding a player or players that match what PG does is very hard. Finding a coach that is as good as Billy isnt.

You move the coach and all other players before you look at moving George.

So you really think George is going to be happy to stay here if we continue to go out in the first round? Let’s not forget the reason he was traded to begin with,

Russ seems to love it..

We dont know. PG might take having a career year as a positive which may mean more than how far the team goes.

Looking over at the lakers wont be making him green with envy so i dont get your point as to why we should care how he feels
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#683 » by Pillendreher » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:52 pm

bondom34 wrote:Boy Justin is obsessed huh
You're too loveable.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#684 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:59 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Doesnt matter how he feels. Okc have him for his prime. You wait until his last season if things arent working. You have him for two more seasons after this.

Finding a player or players that match what PG does is very hard. Finding a coach that is as good as Billy isnt.

You move the coach and all other players before you look at moving George.

So you really think George is going to be happy to stay here if we continue to go out in the first round? Let’s not forget the reason he was traded to begin with,

Russ seems to love it..

We dont know. PG might take having a career year as a positive which may mean more than how far the team goes.

Looking over at the lakers wont be making him green with envy so i dont get your point as to why we should care how he feels

If you really think it's impossible that he could become dissatisfied here then I have to say that I respectfully disagree. Time will tell.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,026

Post#685 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 1, 2019 4:29 pm

bondom34 wrote:Boy Justin is obsessed huh

i want to be you
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#686 » by RalphSampsonJr » Mon Apr 1, 2019 5:16 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Russ seems to love it..

If you really think it's impossible that he could become dissatisfied here then I have to say that I respectfully disagree. Time will tell.

No1 put a gun to his head and made him sign up for 3 years.

In fact alot of people thought he would have signed a 1 + 1. He knew the risks when signing for so long.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#687 » by SecondTake » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:18 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Russ seems to love it..

He could, but we have at least another season where I doubt he makes noise. With Robes back next season plus some good shooters picked up in the off season we should be in good shape.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#688 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Apr 1, 2019 10:01 pm

SecondTake wrote:He could, but we have at least another season where I doubt he makes noise. With Robes back next season plus some good shooters picked up in the off season we should be in good shape.

What shooters do you think they could add for the minimum? They only have the tax MLE and the minimum to work with. They either couldn't get shooters in the buyout market or Presti didn't try to get them. If we assume they didn't choose OKC then why would they choose OKC in the off-season? If Presti didn't pursue them why would he change his mind and pursue shooters in the off-season?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#689 » by JustOneFix » Wed Apr 3, 2019 1:41 pm

People I would love to see on our bench next year;

Lance Stephenson
Enes Kanter
Kyle Korver
Alex Caruso
Nikola Mirotic
Terrence Ross
Austin Rivers
Avery Bradley
Marco Belinelli
Joe Harris
JJ Barea
Torey Craig
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,076

Post#690 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:04 pm

JustOneFix wrote:People I would love to see on our bench next year;

Lance Stephenson
Enes Kanter
Kyle Korver
Alex Caruso
Nikola Mirotic
Terrence Ross
Austin Rivers
Avery Bradley
Marco Belinelli
Joe Harris
JJ Barea
Torey Craig

Only those 3 for me
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#691 » by Mattv » Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
JustOneFix wrote:People I would love to see on our bench next year;

Lance Stephenson
Enes Kanter
Kyle Korver
Alex Caruso
Nikola Mirotic
Terrence Ross
Austin Rivers
Avery Bradley
Marco Belinelli
Joe Harris
JJ Barea
Torey Craig

Only those 3 for me
All of them are going to cost to much for the thunder to get but they are going to have to find player to contribute and roster fillers so here is a few guys they can get with the vet minimum.

1.Terrence jones
2.Willie Reed
3.Billy Preston

Possible in the draft late 2nd round.
1.Bennie Boatwright
2.Harry froling
3.Brian Bowen
4.Darius bazley
5.Jalen lecque

Willie Reed would be a decent backup behind Adam's Terrence Jones would be the hustle man on the bench from what I seen on him on YouTube he has developed a decent 3 point shot reminds he of Mike Scot. The rest of them would need to develop but could have a high upside.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#692 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon May 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Mattv wrote:All of them are going to cost to much for the thunder to get but they are going to have to find player to contribute and roster fillers so here is a few guys they can get with the vet minimum.

1.Terrence jones
2.Willie Reed
3.Billy Preston

Willie Reed would be a decent backup behind Adam's Terrence Jones would be the hustle man on the bench from what I seen on him on YouTube he has developed a decent 3 point shot reminds he of Mike Scot. The rest of them would need to develop but could have a high upside.

You know OKC is in trouble when the fans are making lists of players to go after that total 5 minutes of NBA game action this year.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#693 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jun 3, 2019 5:50 pm

bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#694 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:09 pm

Russ for #6 and Mikal Bridges! I don't think Presti is smart enough to do that.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#695 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:15 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Russ for #6 and Mikal Bridges! I don't think Presti is smart enough to do that.

That's what I was thinking. The suns are on of the few franchises were it could work for both sides.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#696 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:24 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:Russ for #6 and Mikal Bridges! I don't think Presti is smart enough to do that.

That's what I was thinking. The suns are on of the few franchises were it could work for both sides.

It would be a disaster for Phoenix, but they might be stupid/desperate enough to do it.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#697 » by SportsFan215 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:42 am

For the teams who lose out on AD, would the Thunder have any interest in trading PG for those same packages?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#698 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:38 am

SportsFan215 wrote:For the teams who lose out on AD, would the Thunder have any interest in trading PG for those same packages?

Some fans would. The front office is too inept. They will continue to lie to themselves and the fans claiming that OKC is just as good as they were when kd was carrying the team.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#699 » by retrobro90 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 am

For starters this is not something I want to do but it's been a nagging feeling. Just knowing our FO's stubborn tendencies and the history of this player in head to heads against our squad I could see OKC trading for Wiggins.

Another guy with tunnel vision and a >50TS% on a scorched earth level terrible contract to a team that DESPERATELY, DESPERATELY, needs high IQ players and players that can shoot. OKC could appease at least most of that salary relief for Minny with Schroder and Robes as the outgoing pieces (Robes expiring, Schroder with two fewer and friendlier years on his deal than Wiggins). #11 would have to be included in the deal but OKC would be really dumb to trade them #21 in a draft where 5-25 are near identical value.

Doesn't it just feel so Presti though? High level athlete. Reclamation project. Braindead floor game. It feels like it's already happened.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#700 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 am

While I would agree that Wiggins feels like a Presti addition. I don't think Minny has any interest in trading him. Their new front office has brought in people to work with Wiggins and they seem to like his potential a lot. As I have said I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Wiggins if the deal sent out Russ. I just don't see that happening. I don't see Minny taking an offer like Schroder and Roberson for Wiggins unless they are really desperate to clear their cap to try to land a max player to pair with KAT and are willing to plan for 2 years out. I think that is a big risk as they could have a shot to trade for someone at the level of Butler, but they might actually fit with KAT, as long as they have Wiggins' salary for the match.

I actually think a CP3 for Wiggins trade would be interesting. Wiggins would fit in their system and CP3 would give KAT a PG that could make him better. I'm not sure either team would pull the trigger, but given the CP3 rumors that is the best trade fit I can think of for Wiggins right now. I could see Teague and Wiggins for CP3 as a boost for both teams.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder