Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Kings General Discussion 2019-2020 

Post#1 » by codydaze » Tue May 28, 2019 5:28 pm

New year, new thread.

Let's keep all general discussion for the upcoming season here. Let's hope this is the year we get back in the playoffs! :rock:
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020 

Post#2 » by dckingsfan » Tue May 28, 2019 8:37 pm

Playoffs or Bust!!!
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Blind mentioned WCS already at the facility working out. Ill be very upset if hes back next season. Hes not our guy!
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#4 » by KF10 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:00 am

Too little, too late Willie.

We all seen what you did in your contract year -- i.e. not impressive.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 159

Post#5 » by Lost in LA » Wed May 29, 2019 2:08 am

The ceiling was a bit low..
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Wed May 29, 2019 3:43 am

Y’all know my opinion of “anything is better” WCS, but I think there is a third option regarding him. I think most view it as paying him a sizable contract or someone else paying him one. But I think no one may want to pay him a sizeable contract, and that his next contract will be a very economical one. Does the FO bring him back at 4 mil a year for a two year contract if no one else wants to pay him to see him with another coach? Obviously we’d still need to pay for another serious big man.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#7 » by kalenclayton » Wed May 29, 2019 3:51 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Y’all know my opinion of “anything is better” WCS, but I think there is a third option regarding him. I think most view it as paying him a sizable contract or someone else paying him one. But I think no one may want to pay him a sizeable contract, and that his next contract will be a very economical one. Does the FO bring him back at 4 mil a year for a two year contract if no one else wants to pay him to see him with another coach? Obviously we’d still need to pay for another serious big man.

Nope. His qualifying offer is $6.2 million. It would be in his best interest to just sign that than take a pay cut for two years. He would just bet on himself again.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#8 » by blind prophet » Wed May 29, 2019 5:19 pm

I hope we don't give up any assets for youth in the off season, like trying to get into the first round for seconds + cap space or moving Bogi.

We have so many seconds this draft and the next few years so I hope we gamble on Tacko and give him time to develop.

What to do at center?

Looks like Capela may be possible, but I don't like that spacing with Bagley.

So considering spacing and defense.

My preferred order

1. Try to get Lopez
2. If not Dedmon
3. WCS on qualifying offer

Try to keep KK on the minimum.
Other things

Try to keep Brewer at minimum.
Take a shot at Beverley too.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#9 » by sacking123 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:48 am

blind prophet wrote:I hope we don't give up any assets for youth in the off season, like trying to get into the first round for seconds + cap space or moving Bogi.

We have so many seconds this draft and the next few years so I hope we gamble on Tacko and give him time to develop.

What to do at center?

Looks like Capela may be possible, but I don't like that spacing with Bagley.

So considering spacing and defense.

My preferred order

1. Try to get Lopez
2. If not Dedmon
3. WCS on qualifying offer

Try to keep KK on the minimum.
Other things

Try to keep Brewer at minimum.
Take a shot at Beverley too.

I agree overall.
If Bagley improves his 3 ball then Capela wouldn’t be too bad, but the Rockets aren’t trading him for space. They would want to improve so I’m not sure what we could offer.

If we can pick a few stash prospects, 1 per year over the next 3 along with a couple of big prayers for guys with tons of potential with the 2nd round picks we will be ok.
Don’t discount how much influence Fox is going to have on this group over the next few years in terms of creating a great environment for young players to be involved with the Kings and that will also entice other players here. Exciting times ahead, just gotta hope Vlade doesn’t do anything stupid like sign WCS long term.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:03 am

:o De’Aaron Fox is about to be on Jimmy Kimmel. :o
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:42 am

kalenclayton wrote::o De’Aaron Fox is about to be on Jimmy Kimmel. :o

Fox dropped Kimmel in the dunk tank on the first shot. It was pretty cool to see him on a national show, especially right after the Finals when a bunch of TVs are still on.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#12 » by KF10 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:10 am

He’s been getting some love in the media.

He’s been on Skip/Shannon’s show and Colin’s show too already.

All of them were raving about him.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#13 » by codydaze » Mon Jun 3, 2019 4:12 pm

Fox is becoming a star right in front of our eyes. On First Take, Cowherd's show, Kimmel, Hulu commercials, Head and Shoulders online campaign commercials and his own signature Nike Air Maxes (which I copped btw 8-) ). Hopefully this helps out a little with free agency recruiting.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#14 » by blind prophet » Mon Jun 3, 2019 8:33 pm

Looks like Roy Rana is going to be the lead assistant?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/ryerson-head-coach-roy-rana-accepts-job-sacramento-kings/

TORONTO — Roy Rana is leaving his position as head coach of the Ryerson Rams men’s basketball team to join the Sacramento Kings coaching staff.

The Rams confirmed in a release Monday that Rana accepted the role of chief of staff-assistant coach with the NBA club.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#15 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:32 pm

blind prophet wrote:Looks like Roy Rana is going to be the lead assistant?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/ryerson-head-coach-roy-rana-accepts-job-sacramento-kings/

TORONTO — Roy Rana is leaving his position as head coach of the Ryerson Rams men’s basketball team to join the Sacramento Kings coaching staff.

The Rams confirmed in a release Monday that Rana accepted the role of chief of staff-assistant coach with the NBA club.

Not cool if true

It’s a shame the drama scared some potentially larger names away. Personally I like the current Lakers model of having your next in line experienced, head coach capable in case you need someone else to step in. It affords you being able to potentially let a coach go and go a different direction without shelling out for a whole new staff
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jun 3, 2019 10:39 pm

BoogieTime wrote:

Not cool if true

It’s a shame the drama scared some potentially larger names away. Personally I like the current Lakers model of having your next in line experienced, head coach capable in case you need someone else to step in. It affords you being able to potentially let a coach go and go a different direction without shelling out for a whole new staff

Isn’t it possible that maybe, just maybe, this guy is a really smart guy who interviewed well and is getting rewarded for it? That doesn’t sound too crazy, right?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#17 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:51 am

kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Not cool if true

Isn’t it possible that maybe, just maybe, this guy is a really smart guy who interviewed well and is getting rewarded for it? That doesn’t sound too crazy, right?

I hope. Even leaving some of the optics out of it, I feel as if his resume’ is a bit underwhelming for the position comparatively, and it’s a distance away from a Hornacek/Monty Williams that were initially considered. I think the drama around Luke may have shortened the pool unfortunately. You can see why a experienced name might avoid the situation
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:57 am

BoogieTime wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Not cool if true

I hope. Even leaving some of the optics out of it, I feel as if his resume’ is a bit underwhelming for the position comparatively, and it’s a distance away from a Hornacek/Monty Williams that were initially considered. I think the drama around Luke may have shortened the pool unfortunately. You can see why a experienced name might avoid the situation

Absolutely. The Walton thing kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I hate that it’s something The team has to deal with. This is probably (very likely) the main problem and why Rana ended up the lead assistant. Still, there’s something to this guy. He seems to have a good resume, even though it does not include NBA or NCAA.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#19 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jun 4, 2019 5:28 am

I dont remember who said it but I think it was one of you guys... Whats your take on bringing in Richaun Holmes?

I remember him playing really well against us this past year. He was a dog on the offensive boards, has length, can block shots.. I know hes not the big name that we want, but I think hes got some Harrell potential waiting to be tapped into.

If we miss out on Lopez, I really wouldn't mind giving him a try on a cheaper 1+1 team option type deal. Re-enter the market next year looking for a better fit.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#20 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jun 4, 2019 5:43 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I dont remember who said it but I think it was one of you guys... Whats your take on bringing in Richaun Holmes?

I remember him playing really well against us this past year. He was a dog on the offensive boards, has length, can block shots.. I know hes not the big name that we want, but I think hes got some Harrell potential waiting to be tapped into.

If we miss out on Lopez, I really wouldn't mind giving him a try on a cheaper 1+1 team option type deal. Re-enter the market next year looking for a better fit.

I like him. He’s that young big like Harrell that can possibly develop.

Return to Sacramento Kings