Welcome Jimmy Butler

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Re: Welcome Jimmy Butler 

Post#1521 » by the_process » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:04 am

AirP. wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:Plus Mitotic is pretty mediocre, don’t know why he’s a popular signing choice here. The difference between 35 mins of Harris vs Mirotic is monumental compared to the difference we’d get in 15-20 mins a game of Dedmon and a lesser backup Big like Ed Davis/J McGee/whoever you want to pick

.577, .584
Those are Mirotic's TS% the last 2 regular seasons.
.565, 592
These are T.Harris' TS% the last 2 regular seasons.

Tobias may be looking at a max contract while Mirotic's cost will be about half that price, also Tobias wants/needs to handle the ball way more than Mirotic does which is counterproductive when you already have B.Simmons and J.Butler already on the roster and that's not even taking in consideration Embiid who just demands the ball given to him and let him work.

The trade of Tobias was overkill at PF with 2 possibly 3 max contracts in the 76ers future. My guess is that at that time of the trade Brand wasn't thinking about bringing Butler back, for as good as Butler was/is, he wasn't being utilized and/or producing at near a max level player like it would cost to keep him, so Brand hedged his bet and brought Harris in as Phillie's 3rd big player going forward. When Brown's job was on the line, Butler got the ball and helped carry this team almost to the conference finals with Embiid not being himself most of the 2nd round.

Personally, I think Brand will try to retain Harris and Butler to not lose assets and before the 2020-2021 season starts(in over a season away), one of the max(or near max) players will get moved to lessen the tax burden and add future assets to move forward with. The free agent class of 2020 doesn't look strong so trades of better players under contract may be made easier.

I agree with this. I heard Bodner on the Ricky say he thinks that Jimmy and Tobias on max deals will be negative value, but next summer the FA class is bad and some team is always desperate to acquire a star-type player. So if it becomes necessary, moving Butler or Harris for value should be possible IMO.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#1522 » by James40 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:56 am

Did any of you who want Kyrie watch him in the playoffs, say games 3-5 against the Bucks? He’s too good of a player to be that bad.

If you have to, watch game 5 again vs the Bucks and tell me he’s a guy you want on the Sixers.

That **** was borderline.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,515

Post#1523 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:04 am

I dont know how much of a drop off if we let Harris walk for Morris.

The way I see it. If we can get commitment for Butler. Then we let toby go. We have cap space to get a UFA and Morris.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#1524 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:40 am

76ciology wrote:I dont know how much of a drop off if we let Harris walk for Morris.

The way I see it. If we can get commitment for Butler. Then we let toby go. We have cap space to get a UFA and Morris.

Huge drop off and unless you're not bringing Redick back it probably doesn't even make that much space, and if you're not bringing Redick back then you have to use that space to replace Redick.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1525 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:51 am

Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:I dont know how much of a drop off if we let Harris walk for Morris.

Huge drop off and unless you're not bringing Redick back it probably doesn't even make that much space, and if you're not bringing Redick back then you have to use that space to replace Redick.

:-?

Ilyasova time
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,716

Post#1526 » by AirP. » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:51 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#1527 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:26 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to share Lakers fan click bait.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#1528 » by the_process » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:10 am

So, about Kyrie... yeah no.

My light Brothers and Sisters! The age of No More Secrets is upon us. World Peace will be achieved in our life time and we better Effin believe it! Let them have the fabricated bull****. That genuine love and energy spreads all over the world. Eye see all.
I AM

76ciology
RealGM

Post#1529 » by 76ciology » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:28 am

the_process wrote:So, about Kyrie... yeah no.

My light Brothers and Sisters! The age of No More Secrets is upon us. World Peace will be achieved in our life time and we better Effin believe it! Let them have the fabricated bull****. That genuine love and energy spreads all over the world. Eye see all.
I AM

Hmm..

Blue and Red.

Future Sixer
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,801

Post#1530 » by Mik317 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:08 pm

Kyrie is fun as hell to watch. Lowkey one of my favorite players.

not sure i want him on my team lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#1531 » by agiaco » Thu Jun 6, 2019 9:27 pm

Nets have space for two max contracts now. Wonder if Kyrie and Jimmy would be a possibility there?
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#1532 » by Samson » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:41 am

agiaco wrote:Nets have space for two max contracts now. Wonder if Kyrie and Jimmy would be a possibility there?

The first thing I though of myself, wonder if Jimmy is going to team up with Kyrie.

Especially because Kyrie could sell it as, "We're TEAMING UP for a Championship... " whereas, LeBron can tell Jimmy Buckets anything and all things and whatever Jimmy wants to hear, but everyone knows LeBron owns the Lakers now, literally and figuratively, and Jimmy would be another "sidekick" ... but the Nets could be Kyrie & Jimmy's co-equal team ... plus Kyrie would be in a position to maybe win a championship and stick it to LeBron. (But Kyrie is kind of weird, he pledged to resign publicly in Boston, then says he doesn't owe anyone **** , he thinks the world is flat, etc.)

Definitely not a good thing for us.... I can't wait for this summer's FA stuff to be over.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1533 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:48 am

I think Brooklyn would rather have KD team up with Kyrie, and that will probably be their Plan A. And Jimmy will feel slighted by that, along with the fact that Philly will make Jimmy THE priority and offer him $50M more than anyone else, and he will make a quick easy decision to sign with Philly.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1534 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:05 pm

We are a lot better team than Nets with Kyrie in place of Russell. Butler won't go to worse team and less money.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1535 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:04 pm

I dont know why would anyone want to play with Kyrie. He doesn’t help you win nor can he make you look good on the court. I also dont like how he treated the Celts last season.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,815

Post#1536 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Jun 7, 2019 8:32 pm

Butler is smart. Even if he goes to Brooklyn with Kyrie we are still the better team.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#1537 » by stormi » Fri Jun 7, 2019 8:50 pm

76ciology wrote:I dont know why would anyone want to play with Kyrie. He doesn’t help you win nor can he make you look good on the court. I also dont like how he treated the Celts last season.

Bad take
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#1538 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:59 pm

Does anyone else follow Butler on Instagram? All people around him are always wearing Sixers stuff, he was hanging out in Philly this week and now he’s going to Montreal with a Sixers trainer.

Who knows what the number ends up being but he’s not acting like a guy that’s looking to leave.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,736

Post#1539 » by phillynative » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:45 am

I think Jimmy stays and will be the leader next offseason. He maybe older but hes not overly reliant on athleticism so even if he loses a step he still will have his strength and craftiness on both ends. He also seemed to really bond with the the team and especially Biid and Simmons.

My main concern with him is him not being a great fit with Ben and Bid simply because neither of these guys including Jimmy are shooters(particularly spot up).Jimmy seemed somewhat reluctant to spot up shoot during most of his season here and Bid prefers to play down low , Ben has no jumper. The main hope is another off season / season to grow there game and chemistry together.

When they sit down with Jimmy for negotiating that max it should be clarity on what kind of role they want Jimmy to play and also that he has to take more of those spot up 3s to open up the floor .
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1540 » by 76ciology » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:21 am

Sixerscan wrote:Does anyone else follow Butler on Instagram? All people around him are always wearing Sixers stuff, he was hanging out in Philly this week and now he’s going to Montreal with a Sixers trainer.

Who knows what the number ends up being but he’s not acting like a guy that’s looking to leave.

Yeah. Same vibe.

Worst that can happen is we drug him then have him sign a contract while he’s unconscious

Return to Philadelphia 76ers