ImageImageImageImage

GM Philosophies and Theory - general offseason discussion

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Re: GM Philosophies and Theory - general offseason discussion 

Post#181 » by ezzzp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:05 am

Skin wrote:Again frustration is getting the best of you. I'm fine bringing back TRoss. I repeatedly said throughout the season that he was more deserving to start over Fournier... but I understood that he had the right attitude about coming off the bench.... something I think Fournier would've made waves about.

I also don't see a clear upgrade over Ross at pick 16. I know that goes against your smear ad trying to say that I only want young players.

Also notice that you missed the point I made about not bringing in another young and expensive PG that would mess with our Fultz project. I often talk about how too many young players at the same position can cannibalize each other to the detriment of both of them. Again, that goes against your young players only smear campaign.

Let me talk for myself. You don't need to put words in my mouth that you can't even translate correctly. It's obvious you can't handle anything that goes against your bias... so sad.

Again, lack of bbIQ and clear lack of experience is getting the best of you.

Ross can't create for others and is not a competent ball handler + is erratic. Clifford (and his prior coaches) played him where he could hide those flaws vs bench players.

LMAO your incessant spin is absolutely comical. You have NOT been talking about having too much youth...its literally been the opposite. You have been repeatedly saying that Magic needed to clear vets out of way and hand the keys to young players...and that Magic should salary dump guys like Fournier for younger players or picks....just stop, nobody believes this nonsense - well except MagicMatic and Martinsisfraud :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#182 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:08 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Question: Are the Bobcats happy today that they gave Batum that contract to keep him in town?

If Sacramento or whoever else throws a major offer at Vuc we have to think long term.

That is short sited thinking if you think every player who signs their good contract ends up like Batum. And, there could always be a sign n trade as well if the price is too high, which I doubt will happen. Be prepared for long term Vooch!

Batum and Vuc are both very good players ... neither is elite.

But a small market team felt they had no choice but to be held hostage to their fringe all-star rather than look long term. THAT is short sighted.

We cannot do the same.

If no such mega offer comes from another team then I welcome Vuc back on a FAIR contract.

A sign and trade is a very different situation entirely.

Batum has never been an all star nor elite.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#183 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:23 am

ezzzp wrote:
Skin wrote:Again frustration is getting the best of you. I'm fine bringing back TRoss. I repeatedly said throughout the season that he was more deserving to start over Fournier... but I understood that he had the right attitude about coming off the bench.... something I think Fournier would've made waves about.

I also don't see a clear upgrade over Ross at pick 16. I know that goes against your smear ad trying to say that I only want young players.

Also notice that you missed the point I made about not bringing in another young and expensive PG that would mess with our Fultz project. I often talk about how too many young players at the same position can cannibalize each other to the detriment of both of them. Again, that goes against your young players only smear campaign.

Let me talk for myself. You don't need to put words in my mouth that you can't even translate correctly. It's obvious you can't handle anything that goes against your bias... so sad.

Ross can't create for others and is not a competent ball handler + is erratic. Clifford (and his prior coaches) played him where he could hide those flaws vs bench players.

LMAO your incessant spin is absolutely comical. You have NOT been talking about having too much youth...its literally been the opposite. You have been repeatedly saying that Magic need clear vets out of way and hand keys to young players and that Magic should salary dump guys like Fournier for younger players or picks....just stop nobody believes this nonsense.

I will have to agree with ez on this. If Ross can be brought back at a decent rate.... i would be open to it. but i'm not breaking the bank for him. As much as i looooooove the days that he is on.... he is nearly just as frustrating to watch on the nights that the torch isn't burning.

at 16... yes i do think we can find a replacement. I personally would prefer a player that gets me a consistent 14-15 pnt a night on a great shooting percentages.... that 32 pnt one night ...4 on another.... 6 on the next ... that's just me. and ross is definitely not a player that does much more outside of shoot or .... defend. NAW will be a scorer and a facilitator and a defender for the second unit. Porter can score at all the levels, be a ball handler, defender etc. ... Langford to me is one of my faves because i truly think he is one of the best all around scoring wings and his hand totally killed this season. For those that never saw his highschool stuff... he was a threat from the perimeter. So if Reddish can get a pass... so should he. lol

oh yeah... and i will start fournier over ross still.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#184 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:32 am

ezzzp wrote:

LMAO your incessant spin is absolutely comical. You have NOT been talking about having too much youth...its literally been the opposite. You have been repeatedly saying that Magic needed to clear vets out of way and hand the keys to young players...and that Magic should salary dump guys like Fournier for younger players or picks....just stop, nobody believes this nonsense - well except MagicMatic and Martinsisfraud :lol:

Mate take a **** lap.. If you had such great BBallIQ or experience you wouldn’t be jabbing your fukin gum on the message boards.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#185 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:41 am

ezzzp wrote:

You're being pretty rude here. You guys just have a difference of opinion and philosophy on how you'd like to see this team built. I don't think one or the other can claim to be 'right', but you can at least try to keep the conversation respectful.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#186 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:41 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
That is short sited thinking if you think every player who signs their good contract ends up like Batum. And, there could always be a sign n trade as well if the price is too high, which I doubt will happen. Be prepared for long term Vooch!

But a small market team felt they had no choice but to be held hostage to their fringe all-star rather than look long term. THAT is short sighted.

We cannot do the same.

If no such mega offer comes from another team then I welcome Vuc back on a FAIR contract.

Uh huh ... you’re starting to catch on I see.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#187 » by ezzzp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:42 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Mate take a **** lap.. If you had such great BBallIQ or experience you wouldn’t be jabbing your fukin gum on the message boards.

aw isn't that sweet, the tankers sticking up for each other...maybe Skin and MagicMatic will upvote you :lol:
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#188 » by MasterGMer » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:43 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

LMAO your incessant spin is absolutely comical. You have NOT been talking about having too much youth...its literally been the opposite. You have been repeatedly saying that Magic need clear vets out of way and hand keys to young players and that Magic should salary dump guys like Fournier for younger players or picks....just stop nobody believes this nonsense.

I will have to agree with ez on this. If Ross can be brought back at a decent rate.... i would be open to it. but i'm not breaking the bank for him. As much as i looooooove the days that he is on.... he is nearly just as frustrating to watch on the nights that the torch isn't burning.

at 16... yes i do think we can find a replacement. I personally would prefer a player that gets me a consistent 14-15 pnt a night on a great shooting percentages.... that 32 pnt one night ...4 on another.... 6 on the next ... that's just me. and ross is definitely not a player that does much more outside of shoot or .... defend. NAW will be a scorer and a facilitator and a defender for the second unit. Porter can score at all the levels, be a ball handler, defender etc. ... Langford to me is one of my faves because i truly think he is one of the best all around scoring wings and his hand totally killed this season. For those that never saw his highschool stuff... he was a threat from the perimeter. So if Reddish can get a pass... so should he. lol

Ross can't be replaced just by our draft pick. You can not even find a replacement through free agency. His presence on the court offensively completely change the dynamic of the team. He is instant offense.

I'd rather resign Ross than Vuc if I have to.

However, if we let Vuc go, we have to use the rest of the salary cap wisely even if we can not get Kamba like players.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,923

Post#189 » by MagicMatic » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:28 am

ezzzp wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Mate take a **** lap.. If you had such great BBallIQ or experience you wouldn’t be jabbing your fukin gum on the message boards.

aw isn't that sweet, the tankers sticking up for each other...maybe Skin and MagicMatic will upvote you :lol:

You should cry more son. Your tears are so delicious.

By the way, telling strangers on a message board they have low BBallIQ and taking everything personally because you disagree with them makes you come off like a 12 year old. You can easily disagree with people and not come off like a ****.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#190 » by fendilim » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:30 am

MasterGMer wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

Ross can't be replaced just by our draft pick. You can not even find a replacement through free agency. His presence on the court offensively completely change the dynamic of the team. He is instant offense.

I'd rather resign Ross than Vuc if I have to.

However, if we let Vuc go, we have to use the rest of the salary cap wisely even if we can not get Kamba like players.

Ross and Vuc are both keys to our push this year. But i think Vuc over Ross would be the best decision if the team tries to contend.

When the game in on the line, vuc is a more reliable offensive player. He can also create shots for other players. Which is exactly what we need.

Ross fits perfectly as a 6th man because he can bring instant offense. And sometimes he is just as useless When his shots arent falling.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#191 » by ezzzp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:46 am

MagicMatic wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

By the way, telling strangers on a message board they have low BBallIQ and taking everything personally because you disagree with them makes you come off like a 12 year old. You can easily disagree with people and not come off like a ****.

Telling strangers on a message board that they are frustrated and have translation issues is a personal attack (one with xenophobic undertones). Now you are crying because there is push back on your buddies comment?
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#192 » by ezzzp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:49 am

Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

You're being pretty rude here. You guys just have a difference of opinion and philosophy on how you'd like to see this team built. I don't think one or the other can claim to be 'right', but you can at least try to keep the conversation respectful.

You have issues with me defending myself after several aggressive comments calling me "frustrated" (multiple times) and a "Vucevic fan boy" then capping it off with a personal attack with xenophobic undertones saying "I have translation issues?" Interesting.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#193 » by MagicMatic » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:51 am

ezzzp wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

Telling strangers on a message board that they are frustrated and have translation issues is a personal attack (one with xenophobic undertones). Now you are crying because there is push back for type of comment?

YOU are the only one here actively calling out posters by name and chastising them because they disagree with your philosophies on a message board. I disagree with Skin and Magicfan101 all the time, it doesn’t mean I’m going to belittle what they believe every time they post. You crying because people are upvoting posts you disagree with is next level petty.

You want remain competitive- fine.
I and others think they should take a step back, rebuild, and find elite talent.

You aren’t changing anyone’s mind and I’m not changing yours. That’s not lacking BBallIQ or pulverizing an argument. It’s a complete difference in philosophy and is going to vary, as it does, organization to organization. Case closed.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#194 » by ezzzp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:55 am

MagicMatic wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Telling strangers on a message board that they are frustrated and have translation issues is a personal attack (one with xenophobic undertones). Now you are crying because there is push back for type of comment?

YOU are the only one here actively calling out posters by name and chastising them because they disagree with your philosophies on a message board. I disagree with Skin and Magicfan101 all the time, it doesn’t mean I’m going to belittle what they believe every time they post. You crying because people are upvoting posts you disagree with is next level petty.

Didn't you just get suspended for personal attacks?

And here you are doing it again with more personal attacks while sticking up for someone who instigated exchange with aggressive comments calling me "frustrated" and a "Vucevic fan boy" and topping it off with a comment with xenophobic undertones telling me I have translation issues.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#195 » by MagicMatic » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:03 am

ezzzp wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

Didn't you just get suspended for personal attacks?

And here you are doing it again with more personal attacks while sticking up for someone who instigated exchange with aggressive comments calling me "frustrated" and a "Vucevic fan boy" and topping it off with a comment with xenophobic undertones telling me I have translation issues.

What? No.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#196 » by SOUL » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:26 am

Enough bickering. Take it to PMs or block each other. Next back and forth is a 3 day suspension for both no matter who starts it. Again, I agree with both of you at times, but you guys clearly have different views towards rebuilding and players on the team and that's fine. No need for it to get personal.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,284

Post#197 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:32 am

This is epic... Funniest part is that same posters who are now pro tankers ( wheather they want to admit it or not ) couldn't stop crying how tank doesn't work in last 6 years.

My only conclusion, philosophical one, is that people come here , tired of life problems, to cry, complain and somehow stil enjoy missery. They are happiest when team wins 20 games so they can cry in gamethreads how everything sucks.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#198 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:26 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

We cannot do the same.

Uh huh ... you’re starting to catch on I see.

Vooch has been an All-Star.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#199 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:33 pm

8-) Not sure why people are complaining because Vooch already proved everyone all wrong!!! 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#200 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:45 pm

Guys we have a TON of young talent, now we want to earn respect as an organization and free agents destination. Vucevic is a perfect compliment to a superstar. I think it will all depend on the contract he demands. If we can get him between 20-24 M its a near no brainer. Optionally i would swap Bamba for Culver and draft Fernando or Bitadze as a backup. Chemistry between Bamba and Fultz could change that plan though.
Dj/Fultz
Fournier/Culver
Gordon/Ross
Isaac/Iwundu
Vucevic/Bitadze
For me its a secound round team with a lot of upside.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic