ImageImageImageImage

What are your best Fournier trade proposals?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#241 » by NotACat » Thu May 30, 2019 7:33 pm

MasterGMer wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Fournier + 16 for Eric Gordon.

Who says no?

Orlando easily says no

Fournier + Mozgov + 16th pick for Gordon and Capela?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

We're not trading a first rounder to move Fournier. He's a solid player, just slightly overpaid and we don't have a replacement. TRoss is a capable starter, but he's at his best as a 6th man
Black Lives Matter
Icemanbrfc
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#242 » by Icemanbrfc » Thu May 30, 2019 7:39 pm

Fournier plus a 2020 pick for Beal

Sent from my I3213 using Tapatalk
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#243 » by ezzzp » Thu May 30, 2019 8:35 pm

Icemanbrfc wrote:Fournier plus a 2020 pick for Beal

Sent from my I3213 using Tapatalk

Washington will say no.

They only save $11m per year over the next two seasons in this trade. That's not nearly enough to warrant the drop off in talent and the resulting lost revenue that comes with losing the player that will be their best fan and media draw. They'll want someone back they could excite the fanbase with (in other words one of BIG).

A 2020 pick from the Magic will very likely be in the mid to late teens at best. With the addition of Beal, the team instantly gets a lot better. It also makes it much likelier that Vucevic and Ross re-sign, elevating the team even more. Plus the young core AG/Isaac/Bamba/Iwundu/Fultz will all be a year further in their development next season. All of that will likely make the Magic at bare minimum a 1st round playoff team.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#244 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Still really like the idea of Fournier & Moz & 16th for Conley IFFFFFF the FO is dead set on re signing both TRoss and Vuc.. Take 1 of NAW, Keldon Johnson, Porter Jr in draft and let em get bench minutes.

Conley
TRoss
Isaac
AG
Vuc

DJ Bamba Iwundu & MLE signing to round out the rotation..
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
NotACat
Veteran

Post#245 » by NotACat » Thu May 30, 2019 10:11 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Still really like the idea of Fournier & Moz & 16th for Conley IFFFFFF the FO is dead set on re signing both TRoss and Vuc.. Take 1 of NAW, Keldon Johnson, Porter Jr in draft and let em get bench minutes.

Conley
TRoss
Isaac
AG
Vuc

How do we take one of NAW, Keldon, or KPJ if we're trading 16?
Black Lives Matter
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#246 » by MoMM » Thu May 30, 2019 10:26 pm

I'd prefer to trade DJ, Bamba and Moz for Conley.

Conley
Evan
Isaac
AG
Vuc

Fultz, TRoss, Iwundu, Birch and #16 (scoring wing) as 2nd unit
NotACat
Veteran

Post#247 » by NotACat » Thu May 30, 2019 11:07 pm

MoMM wrote:I'd prefer to trade DJ, Bamba and Moz for Conley.

Conley
Evan
Isaac
AG
Vuc

Our current team is not a championship contender, even with Conley. Why would we trade a top level prospect with unbelievable athletic ability and a great work ethic for an aging fringe all star without a chance of winning the title? And you think the 16th pick this year is a better prospect than Bamba? Come on...

This would be incredibly inpatient and hurt us badly going forward.
Black Lives Matter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#248 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 30, 2019 11:35 pm

NotACat wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Still really like the idea of Fournier & Moz & 16th for Conley IFFFFFF the FO is dead set on re signing both TRoss and Vuc.. Take 1 of NAW, Keldon Johnson, Porter Jr in draft and let em get bench minutes.

Conley
TRoss
Isaac
AG
Vuc

How do we take one of NAW, Keldon, or KPJ if we're trading 16?

Meant to say that trade vs taking one of those guys and giving them bench minutes.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#249 » by MoMM » Fri May 31, 2019 1:10 am

NotACat wrote:

Conley
Evan
Isaac
AG
Vuc

Our current team is not a championship contender, even with Conley. Why would we trade a top level prospect with unbelievable athletic ability and a great work ethic for an aging fringe all star without a chance of winning the title? And you think the 16th pick this year is a better prospect than Bamba? Come on...

Perhaps #16 is not a better prospect, but at least he would play in a position of need, not center.
NotACat
Veteran

Post#250 » by NotACat » Fri May 31, 2019 1:33 am

MoMM wrote:
NotACat wrote:

Conley
Evan
Isaac
AG
Vuc

Perhaps #16 is not a better prospect, but at least he would play in a position of need, not center.

Center can very well be a position of need if we don't want to re-sign Vucevic, it comes down to how much money he wants. And he's still aging, moving on from Bamba because of Vuc is incredibly short sighted.

16 bolster our bench and be in a position to replace Fournier in our lineup in a season or 2. Our lineup in 2 seasons could look like Fultz-(Langford, Keldon Johnson, KPJ, THT)-AG-Isaac-Bamba

That team has a much better outlook than moving Bamba or 16 to get Conley who won't move the needle forward enough to make it a worthwhile move IMO.
Black Lives Matter
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#251 » by stitches » Sat Jun 1, 2019 7:43 am

Bensational wrote:UTA: Fournier
ATL: Exum
ORL: Favors

Utah get a wing who's great for their system for only $8M more than they were spending. They still have $25M to chase a starting PG, too.

Atlanta absorbs Exum's contract, taking a punt on him getting healthy and playing up to his potential.

Orlando gets the non-guaranteed deal of Favors, which we decline, and have an extra $17M of cap space to play with. Suddenly, we can chase guys like Russell and Brogdon, and still have the capacity to retain Vuc's cap hold.

This doesn't work. The Favors salary counts as 0 in trade value unless the option is picked.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#252 » by ezzzp » Sat Jun 1, 2019 8:40 pm

stitches wrote:
Bensational wrote:UTA: Fournier
ATL: Exum
ORL: Favors

Utah get a wing who's great for their system for only $8M more than they were spending. They still have $25M to chase a starting PG, too.

Atlanta absorbs Exum's contract, taking a punt on him getting healthy and playing up to his potential.

Orlando gets the non-guaranteed deal of Favors, which we decline, and have an extra $17M of cap space to play with. Suddenly, we can chase guys like Russell and Brogdon, and still have the capacity to retain Vuc's cap hold.

This doesn't work. The Favors salary counts as 0 in trade value unless the option is picked.

From what I understand, for Utah to trade him they would first have to pick up the option anyhow.

After the regular season has ended, players who have team or player options can’t be traded before an option decision is made. In other words, a club can’t acquire a player with a team option on June28th, then decline that option before the option deadline on June 29th as a way to create cap room.
magicmouse
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#253 » by magicmouse » Sun Jun 2, 2019 1:09 am

Fournier for Bogdan and Bjelica
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#254 » by Bensational » Sun Jun 2, 2019 3:22 am

I've had a thought. With the Raptors doing well and Kawhi allegedly considering extending with the Raps, I think they'll look to get him a younger PG. So...

TOR: Conley
MEM: Fournier + DJ + OG
ORL: Lowry

Weltman brings in a PG he knows, who's prime for leading this young team to the playoffs (and then disappearing), who's only got 1 year remaining on his contract.
Sensor
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#255 » by Sensor » Sun Jun 2, 2019 9:16 pm

Bensational wrote:I've had a thought. With the Raptors doing well and Kawhi allegedly considering extending with the Raps, I think they'll look to get him a younger PG. So...

Weltman brings in a PG he knows, who's prime for leading this young team to the playoffs (and then disappearing), who's only got 1 year remaining on his contract.

If you think Tor would be going for a younger pg, why would they go for one who's only a year younger than Lowry? Also I'm not up to date on cap stuff but we're only sending out about 24 million in money with evan+dj yet we're taking on 31 million with lowry. Is that even legal since we're not under the cap?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#256 » by tiderulz » Sun Jun 2, 2019 9:46 pm

Sensor wrote:
Bensational wrote:I've had a thought. With the Raptors doing well and Kawhi allegedly considering extending with the Raps, I think they'll look to get him a younger PG. So...

If you think Tor would be going for a younger pg, why would they go for one who's only a year younger than Lowry? Also I'm not up to date on cap stuff but we're only sending out about 24 million in money with evan+dj yet we're taking on 31 million with lowry. Is that even legal since we're not under the cap?

Toronto would mildly (for Canadians) riot if the Raptors traded Lowry.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#257 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jun 2, 2019 9:57 pm

Conley is only 18 months younger (still old) and the Raptors are winning with a Kawhi + Lowry combo ...

How does this make sense at all?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#258 » by drsd » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:44 am

Conley
Evan
Isaac
AG
Vuc

The team would only need a LLE PF, such as Noah Vonleh, Ivan Rabb, or Nerlens Noel. I will pencil in Vonleh. At #16, it seems fairly certain it will be a wing, so I will pencil in Langford.

Conley/Fultz/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Iwundu/Langford
Isaac/Ross/Frazier
Gordon/Vonleh
Vučević/Mozgov/Birch

There is a lot I like about this roster. Healthy, this is a 50+ win team.

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#259 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 10:48 pm

I just simply cant get behind trading a 21 yr old that is oozing with potential for a 32 yr old maxed player that will not take us to the promise land.

I get the ideology that we need to continue to win to attract players and even keep our own players happy, but I honestly dont think Conley is the answer especially at the expense of Bamba.

He's a player you trade for when you're one piece away from actually contending not this current Orlando team that is far from that.

IMO if Bamba were in this years draft he would easily go top 4, so in essence we would be trading a top 4 pick for Conley which is absurd to me.

I really like the following trade IF we were adamant in trading for him.

Conley
Anderson

for

Fournier
Augustine
Mosgov
'20 FRP (lottery protected)
(2) SRP's

If that's not enough I'm washing my hands and calling it a day.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#260 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:45 am

Blockbuster proposal...

LA
in: Beal
out: #4 + Ingram + Hart + Bonga

WAS
in: DeRozan + #4
out: Beal + Mahinmi

SAS
in: Ingram + Fournier* + #16
out: DeRozan + White

ORL
in: White + Hart + Bonga + Mahinmi
out: Fournier + #16

*Note - in this deal, I think Fournier could be a fluid piece, who could end up in SAS or LA.

LA get LeBron his 2nd star, and get to keep Kuz and Ball. They could opt to take Fournier back, instead of SAS taking him, but that would eat into their cap space for chasing other big name FAs. However, Fournier could be a great fit with Kuz + LBJ + Beal, or he might be a piece they can flip to teams like HOU or MEM who are shopping expensive PGs and other pieces.

WAS, not being a team that likes to tank, get an all-star in return, and a boost in youth with the #4 pick (to go along with their #9). They also get to clear Mahinmi's contract off the books.

SAS get younger, with a potential future stud if Ingram is healthy. They also get a player who would fit Pop's system well in Fournier, and a decent pick.

ORL get a new starting PG, plus some young bench depth. They absorb Mahinmi's deal for a season, and he becomes a stop gap C whilst Bamba keeps filling out, which allows them to cut Vuc + Ross free and chase other backcourt additions, like Russell or Brogdon.

Trade: DJ to ATL or PHO for cap relief.

Renounce rights on Vuc, Ross, and everyone else needed to get us to $28M cap space. Stretch Moz.

Sign: D'Lo to a max. If the Nets match, sign Brogdon for much less (but too much for Milwaukee to want to match. Maybe an AG type contract?).

Mahinmi/Bamba
Gordon/?
Isaac/Iwundu/Bonga
(Russell/Brogdon)/Hart
White/Fultz

Now, we don't have to keep all this youth. We could flip some for some stable veteran hands. But the youth we're adding at least come with a few seasons experience under their belts, and White comes from a winning team. Russell or Brogdon would help provide veteran stability, too.

Return to Orlando Magic