ImageImageImageImage

Expectation of Fultz

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Re: Expectation of Fultz 

Post#141 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu May 23, 2019 11:17 am

When he proposes to his mama? JUST JOKING!!!

When he announces his retirement to become a gynacologist? JUST JOKING!!!

Probably when he gets his option picked up. JOKING!

Nope, it is his birthday party.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#142 » by pepe1991 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:30 pm

When he proposes to his mama? JUST JOKING!!!

When he announces his retirement to become a gynacologist? JUST JOKING!!!

Probably when he gets his option picked up. JOKING!

Nope, it is his birthday party.[/quote]

lol really, it's day after his birthday :lol: :rockon:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#143 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 23, 2019 3:52 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:Naw I doubt he'll be having a secret surgery no one knows about. Pretty sure someone would've heard something if that was the case

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Also why would he pray for that. Could be a friends wedding for all we know

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

For successful surgery for TOS? My guess is as good as yours

It reads praying for a surgery date.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
magicmouse
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#144 » by magicmouse » Sun Jun 2, 2019 1:08 am

5/30/19 came and left. At least drunk videos along the internet. That is something positive, I guess.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#145 » by KillMonger » Sun Jun 2, 2019 7:18 pm

really pulling for him, from what i understand other than salty fans no one really has a bad thing to say about fultz he's a good kid. It's a gamble but if it pays off and we hit, then fultz alone has the power to accelerate our timeline he's that good of a talent. I just hope that it can happen for the kid and for us.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#146 » by drsd » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:35 am

magicmouse wrote:5/30/19 came and left. At least drunk videos along the internet. That is something positive, I guess.

Anyone decode that tweet?
drsd
RealGM

Post#147 » by drsd » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:38 am

Solid Snake wrote:really pulling for him, from what i understand other than salty fans no one really has a bad thing to say about fultz he's a good kid. It's a gamble but if it pays off and we hit, then fultz alone has the power to accelerate our timeline he's that good of a talent. I just hope that it can happen for the kid and for us.

Lat year Augustin had a PER at 27th best in the league. That is marginal-starter territory. If Fultz can break the top-20, then this is a clear upgrade. This has Fultz in the "Malcolm Brogdon, Jordan Clarkson, Darren Collison" range.

That would be awesome.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#148 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:06 pm

drsd wrote:
magicmouse wrote:5/30/19 came and left. At least drunk videos along the internet. That is something positive, I guess.

Anyone decode that tweet?

was day after his birthday probably was about some celebration, party or whatever.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#149 » by MagicMadness » Tue Jun 4, 2019 5:24 pm

I have no expectations until we see him on a court.

Assuming that even happens.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#150 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 4, 2019 5:34 pm

If he never shoots again i expect slightly better Simmons ;)
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#151 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 4, 2019 11:55 pm

I'm just praying that he's in uniform game 1 this season. If he's still not ready to play by then, I will have lost nearly all the hope I currently have for him succeding with this team.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#152 » by thelead » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:08 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:I'm just praying that he's in uniform game 1 this season. If he's still not ready to play by then, I will have lost nearly all the hope I currently have for him succeding with this team.

In 9 months, you’ll give up on him?

I would say that I would be a bit worried by January. He would have had, by then, over a year of rehab time.
drsd
RealGM

Post#153 » by drsd » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:15 pm

thelead wrote:In 9 months, you’ll give up on him?

With the rumours that the Magic could make a run at Walker or Russell, that really says something from Management's expectations of Fultz at this point.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#154 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:38 pm

Package him for top 50 protected pick, at least will save you money.
Regardless, declining his 4th year is complete no brainer. Nobody with any sense of brain will offer him $12M a year. That's salary range of JJ Redick, Walker, Vučević, Patty MIlls, Nurkić, Bogdanovic, Joe Ingles.... (current contracts)
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#155 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:44 pm

drsd wrote:
thelead wrote:In 9 months, you’ll give up on him?

With the rumours that the Magic could make a run at Walker or Russell, that really says something from Management's expectations of Fultz at this point.

Maybe it says more about this forum’s expectations?

I don’t think he was ever acquired with the expectation he’ll be a star this year or next year (like D’Lo or Kemba). I don’t even think he starts this season unless he looks really good. He was acquired with the thought that he’s a lotto ticket. I’m just hoping he can provide some solid rotation minutes as a backup combo guard year 1
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#156 » by zaymon » Wed Jun 5, 2019 1:52 pm

Its so funny that we gave very little for him and he has a ceiling of true superstar. If Weltman fakes his excitement for Fultz he is a damn good actor.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#157 » by NotACat » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Image

Regardless, declining his 4th year is complete no brainer. Nobody with any sense of brain will offer him $12M a year. That's salary range of JJ Redick, Walker, Vučević, Patty MIlls, Nurkić, Bogdanovic, Joe Ingles.... (current contracts)

I think we have to pick up the 4th year option to ensure he's our RFA next summer.
Black Lives Matter
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#158 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:17 pm

NotACat wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Image

I think we have to pick up the 4th year option to ensure he's our RFA next summer.

it's like Hezonja's situation.
If it's declined Magic can't offer more or less than $12,25M .

Others can offer more years or more money ( or less ) . But i highly doubt anybody will offer more than $12,25M . At least on one year deal.

If in some scenario Magic move him this year for future picks and not guaranteed salary, and they streach Mozgov, out of nowhere , they would free up a LOT of cap space ( for example traded for not fully guaranteed JR Smith's contract and streaching Mozgov would lower Magic base salary from projected $88M to 70M , that includes $16 pick in it, Out of nowhere Magic would operate with $38M of space). I don't think that it will happen , but it's another possible option.

I just find it fishy that they are targeting guards so much in this rumors , it just yells that Fultz is not part of long term plans and progress is slow ( or there is no progress ). 8 months since he left the league nobody filmed him even shooting once in empty gym. It's massive red flag.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#159 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:24 pm

zaymon wrote:Its so funny that we gave very little for him and he has a ceiling of true superstar. If Weltman fakes his excitement for Fultz he is a damn good actor.

We did gave up cap space. For player that has no timetable of return after being out for 8 months. Nurkić broke tibia and fibula in his foot and most optimistic timetable of his return early next season. Let's repeat this: Guy with 2 broken bones in his leg will, if that goes through, recover faster than guy who didn't need surgery.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#160 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:47 pm

thelead wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I'm just praying that he's in uniform game 1 this season. If he's still not ready to play by then, I will have lost nearly all the hope I currently have for him succeding with this team.

In 9 months, you’ll give up on him?

I would say that I would be a bit worried by January. He would have had, by then, over a year of rehab time.

I don't remember saying in that post that Id give up on him. The hope I currently have for him is that he will be ready by training camp and will be a big contributor to this team at some point next season.

If he misses all of next season or even 1/4th of the season he will have played 33 career games and will be due 12 million dollars the following year. We flat out need to see him for more than 15-20 games next year before we give picking up his option serious thought. Ideally, he plays the whole season or 3/4ths of it and it makes our decision alot easier, thats what im hoping for. If he doesn't, I worry about his future with this team.

Return to Orlando Magic