ImageImageImageImageImage

If we traded LBJ + 4th, whom for?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,537

Post#1 » by stan francisco » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:54 pm

How about it, for real? What would you want back? What’s fair return?

AD and Randle?
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#2 » by myersia » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:29 pm

Lol come on man. But if I have to play I want harden or Durant for starters. Bron is still a top 3 player when he wants to be and isn’t injured. I’m not a bron fan but you gotta understand he has a lotttttt of value still

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Re: If we traded LBJ + 4th, whom for? 

Post#3 » by tv24lakers » Mon Jun 3, 2019 9:43 pm

From a PR perspective trading Lebron would be disastrous. It would take them easily 5 years to recover provided their front office and office was all new.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#4 » by thebigbird » Mon Jun 3, 2019 11:17 pm

Lebron is the most stable thing in the Lakers organization right now and their best hope for signing a max free agent this offseason. Trading him would be a disastrous decision.
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Penberthy » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:02 am

Giannis KD or AD
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#6 » by Ball so hard » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:19 am

Really no point in creating another trade LBJ thread.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#7 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:54 am

lol I'm with you about trading him - but I don't see it happening - maybe just maybe if we don't get a 2nd star we could trade, but let's wait to see what we can get first.
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by stan francisco » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:57 pm

We’re uniquely equipped to be able to trade LeBron. We have the next generation playmaker already on our team in Lonzo. So, we could trade him and not crash and burn. Because of Lonzo.

LeBron, Ingram and Kuzma is a logjam. All are starters. Kuzma is not a SF nor a C. Kuzma is a four only. Ingram is a 2-4.

Add Leonard or Klay and we’re even more log jammed at the wing positions.

Trading LBJ means that Kuzma starts. And maybe next to AD. Ball, Leonard, Ingram, Kuzma, AD. Great chemistry, personality make-up wise. And on the court. Great defense!

So do we play Kuz off the bench? Might as well trade him now. He’ll demand a trade.

And if we plan to keep all three, let’s get a center for our FA money.

Modern era NBA titles:
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#9 » by mcscotty » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:44 pm

Lebron is not the type of player you can just trade to the Pelicans. He will choose the destination and it won't be New Orleans.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by stan francisco » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:54 pm

mcscotty wrote:Lebron is not the type of player you can just trade to the Pelicans. He will choose the destination and it won't be New Orleans.

He does not have a no trade clause, so yes, we can
trade him to whomever.

AD entering prime > LBJ leaving his. We have good playmakers and wings, but no center. NOP will need a star next to Zion. LBJ makes great sense for them. AD makes great sense for us.

Do it, Linda!

Modern era NBA titles:
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#11 » by RoyceDa59 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:50 pm

If you're trading the best player in the world, its to rebuild, so why on Earth would you trade #4 along with it?

James still has exceptionally high trade value, maybe more than any other player, especially for contenders.
Go Raps!!
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#12 » by NBAWestFan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 8:35 pm

Right you don't need to trade the #4 with LBJ.

NO would gladly take LBJ for AD because AD is leaving no matter what in 2020 and they don't want a disgruntled star for 1 year.

To get a Supertstar like Lebron with a up and coming star in Zion will sell tickets.

So I would not be surprised with Griffin asked for LBJ for AD before anything else.

AD and the young Crew would the Lakers be able to sign Kawhi? Is there enough to sign the Klaw.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by stan francisco » Wed Jun 5, 2019 10:45 am

The Klaw next to AD is better than LBJ next to AD.

Not rebuild mode. It’s win now mode.

Ball, Leonard, Ingram, Kuzma, Davis

Let’s keep the 4th then. I was hoping someone would suggest who we should get for the 4th in addition to whomever we get for James.

Modern era NBA titles:
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#14 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:29 pm

thebigbird wrote:Lebron is the most stable thing in the Lakers organization right now and their best hope for signing a max free agent this offseason. Trading him would be a disastrous decision.

This....but ya know, some folks think he's the biggest problem with the Lakers so this narrative will never end.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by stan francisco » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:47 pm

LeBron_da_Don wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Lebron is the most stable thing in the Lakers organization right now and their best hope for signing a max free agent this offseason. Trading him would be a disastrous decision.

This....but ya know, some folks think he's the biggest problem with the Lakers so this narrative will never end.

That easily happens when you backstab ALL of your team mates and drive their favorite young coach in the league out of town. You end up doing the same to their loyal fans. I was a Laker fan decades before LeBron joined. Not putting him above my team no matter how good.

I felt the same about Kobe but didn’t want to trade him out of the simple fear of opposing him. Not the same with an aging LBJ.

He’s operating from the standpoint that he’s bigger than the team. That’s why I want to ship him out, bring Leonard and Davis in instead.

You know, chemistry.

Modern era NBA titles:
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#16 » by thebigbird » Wed Jun 5, 2019 3:39 pm

stan francisco wrote:
LeBron_da_Don wrote:

That easily happens when you backstab ALL of your team mates and drive their favorite young coach in the league out of town. You end up doing the same to their loyal fans. I was a Laker fan decades before LeBron joined. Not putting him above my team no matter how good.

I felt the same about Kobe but didn’t want to trade him out of the simple fear of opposing him. Not the same with an aging LBJ.

He’s operating from the standpoint that he’s bigger than the team. That’s why I want to ship him out, bring Leonard and Davis in instead.

You know, chemistry.

The chemistry was fine when LeBron returned. Ingram was playing really well, and Kuzma was solid too. It was the veterans who sucked at that time, and most of them luckily will not be back. And since your plan is to trade LeBron to get Kawhi, and then trade the young players for Davis, team chemistry issues won't even matter. It will be a whole different team than this year.

Did the players like Luke Walton? Sure, maybe. But his job wasn't to be their buddy, it was to be a good coach, and he wasn't one. The staff has been improved with the hiring of Vogel and the assistants. Not only was Luke not a good coach, but he also has the sexual misconduct allegation now too. That would have added to the front office dysfunction. It's good that he's gone and the Lakers have one less thing to worry about.

The only thing Kawhi has on LeBron is age, and even there Kawhi has a degenerative leg issue. Who knows how he will hold up over the next four years. A Kawhi/Davis pairing is only marginally better than a LeBron/Davis one. And then there is also the fact that Davis wants traded to the Lakers because he wants to play with LeBron.

Trade LeBron and you're still stuck with Jeanie Buss, Rob Pelinka and the Rambii. They're the problems with the organization, not LeBron. You don't have to like LeBron. You can hate him for all I care. The fact remains that he is the best, most stable part of the franchise right now. Your best shot at winning a ring over the next five years is keeping LeBron, signing a max free agent this offseason, and trading for Anthony Davis. Do that and you have as good a shot as anyone.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,827

Post#17 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jun 5, 2019 4:36 pm

lol, "the Rambii"
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#18 » by tv24lakers » Wed Jun 5, 2019 5:50 pm

Allow me to say this again, as I believe the point has been lost.

From a PR perspective alone, trading Lebron would be incredibly disastrous. It essentially conveys to the outside world the ineptitude of Lakers front office in trading away the biggest name in all of sports today after just 1 season. Forget free agency signings, highly sought out players would not want to join the Lakers knowing how we royally eff'd up Lebron. It would take a minimum of 5 years and all new management to make up for that blunder.

At this point we just need to accept and make the best of the situation.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by stan francisco » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:43 pm

thebigbird wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
LeBron_da_Don wrote:

You know, chemistry.

The chemistry was fine when LeBron returned. Ingram was playing really well, and Kuzma was solid too. It was the veterans who sucked at that time, and most of them luckily will not be back. And since your plan is to trade LeBron to get Kawhi, and then trade the young players for Davis, team chemistry issues won't even matter. It will be a whole different team than this year.

Did the players like Luke Walton? Sure, maybe. But his job wasn't to be their buddy, it was to be a good coach, and he wasn't one. The staff has been improved with the hiring of Vogel and the assistants. Not only was Luke not a good coach, but he also has the sexual misconduct allegation now too. That would have added to the front office dysfunction. It's good that he's gone and the Lakers have one less thing to worry about.

The only thing Kawhi has on LeBron is age, and even there Kawhi has a degenerative leg issue. Who knows how he will hold up over the next four years. A Kawhi/Davis pairing is only marginally better than a LeBron/Davis one. And then there is also the fact that Davis wants traded to the Lakers because he wants to play with LeBron.

Trade LeBron and you're still stuck with Jeanie Buss, Rob Pelinka and the Rambii. They're the problems with the organization, not LeBron. You don't have to like LeBron. You can hate him for all I care. The fact remains that he is the best, most stable part of the franchise right now. Your best shot at winning a ring over the next five years is keeping LeBron, signing a max free agent this offseason, and trading for Anthony Davis. Do that and you have as good a shot as anyone.

Ok, so there are some serious misunderstandings in the first paragraph of yours. My plan is not to trade LeBron to get Kawhi. I want to trade LeBron for AD. That way, NOP actually agree to do the trade. That’s how we get AD. Then sign Leonard. We can forget Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart for AD because it’ll take too many unproven future star players and it won’t happen.

Ball, Leonard, Ingram, Kuzma, Davis.

Luke has us looking fantastic and beating GSW by 28(?) points at Christmas. If we want to pretend like LBJ and Rondo didn’t get injured in that game, and then Lonzo and then Kuzma, sure, Luke was a bad coach when half of his starters were out. Or it could’ve been injuries. The sexual misconduct is something I don’t know enough about to comment on.

I don’t want the Rambii making decisions either. I’d rather have LeBron do the GMingbthan any of them. But he’s not gonna get AD here unless he forces Oelinka to give up too much.

Modern era NBA titles:
thebigbird
Head Coach

Post#20 » by thebigbird » Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:05 pm

stan francisco wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

You know, chemistry.

Ok, so there are some serious misunderstandings in the first paragraph of yours. My plan is not to trade LeBron to get Kawhi. I want to trade LeBron for AD. That way, NOP actually agree to do the trade. That’s how we get AD. Then sign Leonard. We can forget Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart for AD because it’ll take too many unproven future star players and it won’t happen.

Ball, Leonard, Ingram, Kuzma, Davis.

Luke has us looking fantastic and beating GSW by 28(?) points at Christmas. If we want to pretend like LBJ and Rondo didn’t get injured in that game, and then Lonzo and then Kuzma, sure, Luke was a bad coach when half of his starters were out. Or it could’ve been injuries. The sexual misconduct is something I don’t know enough about to comment on.

I don’t want the Rambii making decisions either. I’d rather have LeBron do the GMingbthan any of them. But he’s not gonna get AD here unless he forces Oelinka to give up too much.

But why would NOP want to trade Davis for LeBron? They'd be getting rid of one superstar who doesn't want to be there for another one. They're not close to contention right now so they'd be better off loading up on assets for the future. And if you trade LeBron for Davis you still run the risk of striking out in free agency. Davis didn't have NOP in the playoffs before the trade request with a supporting cast that was arguably better than the Lakers' last year. Davis alone, even when completely healthy, isn't a lock to get a team to the playoffs.

My issues with Luke started before the Christmas game. His rotations drove me crazy, and he played Rondo way too much. The LeBron/Rondo pairing was really bad yet he seemed to use it all the time. Often times we'd see the Lakers close out third quarters with LeBron, Ingram, and Kuzma all on the bench, and they'd lose leads they had built up. As a coach you shouldn't have any lineups with your three best players all on the bench, especially not consistently. Maybe Luke would've done better if the front office had done a better job building the team. We'll see how he does in Sacramento.

When a team has LeBron they really have to go all in on the LeBron way. Give him control, put players around him that fit his play style, get a coach he likes, etc. I'm not saying that the LeBron way is the right way to do things or that fans should like it, but the middle of the road approach the Lakers have taken hasn't worked out. LeBron is a control freak, but that wasn't a secret. Every basketball fan out there knows it. If they didn't want to do things that way then I don't understand why they signed him.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers