2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: 2019 Draft Prospect Watch Thread 

Post#601 » by NyCeEvO » Tue May 28, 2019 12:01 am

Remember that the Nets selected Caris despite only doing one short interview with him.

Granted, he was injured so he couldn’t work out but the Nets still drafted him as an injured prospect while others who were capable of auditioning and proving themselves weren’t selected.

In short, don’t take who Marks physically sees workout in person as evidence.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#602 » by SpeedyG » Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Remember that the Nets selected Caris despite only doing one short interview with him.

Granted, he was injured so he couldn’t work out but the Nets still drafted him as an injured prospect while others who were capable of auditioning and proving themselves weren’t selected.

In short, don’t take who Marks physically sees workout in person as evidence.
They also only talked to musa once, very late in the process

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#603 » by IceManBK1 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:30 am

I'm hoping rui hachimura falls to us at 17, but seems like wolves wanna draft him. Maybe we can make a trade to move up. If we don't get rui I hope we can get KZ okpala at 17.
https://youtu.be/wHWJmU6ls8o
I think he has good tools to become 3D SF for us.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Post#604 » by Netaman » Thu May 30, 2019 2:09 pm

Nic Claxton sounds like a really good fit for what we need. Would love to grab him and another big with our 2 picks whether it's someone like PJ Washington/Rui/Clarke falling, or one of the Euros, or Grant Williams. Adding 2 guys from that group would go a long way to creating long term options in the front court to complement Allen + Kurocs.

Nic Claxton, Georgia: Claxton wasn’t sure what to expect when he was invited to the combine. As a player who didn’t get a ton of publicity this season, it seemed like the outgoing center was still adjusting to what was happening around him.

“It’s a lot,” Claxton said with his trademark smile on his face. “Cameras in your face all the time. It’s a huge blessing, though. To be here, to be invited to the combine. I honestly didn’t know how prestigious it was to be invited here. But it’s dope, man.”

Still, Claxton is a guy that NBA executives have been extremely interested in this season because of his tools. They were on full display at the combine, where he was absolutely tremendous. Particularly, he showcased his potential on defense throughout both five-on-five games. In the first game, Claxton blocked seven shots and grabbed seven rebounds in 20 minutes. Then in the second game, he swatted four shots and grabbed four steals in 21 minutes. He also measured exceedingly well, coming in at 6-foot-10 without shoes on, with a near-7-3 wingspan and a 9-foot-2 standing reach, and posted the best lane agility score and vertical leap of any center.

In my previous mock draft, I had Claxton going late in the first round at No. 26, noting that I believed he would be someone who would significantly help himself throughout the pre-draft process. That ended up being exactly what happened. If I was selecting in the 20s, Claxton would be a no-brainer first rounder. Still, NBA teams are a bit skeptical on what exactly they do with the Georgia big man on offense. He has legitimate ball skills and can grab-and-go on the break, but he’s a still-developing shooter. Because the Bulldogs didn’t have much in the way of guard play, his screen-setting and rolling isn’t quite where it needs to be yet. Because of that, it’s expected that Claxton will spend a fair amount of time in the G-League in his first year in the NBA.

https://theathletic.com/984128/2019/05/22/vecenies-draft-combine-takeaways-who-opened-eyes-whos-on-the-fence-and-whats-up-with-bol-bol/
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#605 » by Prokorov » Fri May 31, 2019 7:14 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:I'm hoping rui hachimura falls to us at 17, but seems like wolves wanna draft him. Maybe we can make a trade to move up. If we don't get rui I hope we can get KZ okpala at 17.
https://youtu.be/wHWJmU6ls8o
I think he has good tools to become 3D SF for us.

i dont think rui would slip to 17. i think he goes 7 and maybe even top 5 if his private workouts shine. id live him if we could get him.

romeo langford is the guy i think could slip and who id like at 17
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#606 » by Rockice_24 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 1:48 pm

I posted this in the other thread but what about Samanic. Looks like our ideal PF.

Doubt he makes it to #27 after killing it at the combine by all reports so we'd have to pull the trigger at #17 I would guess.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#607 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jun 3, 2019 3:16 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:I posted this in the other thread but what about Samanic. Looks like our ideal PF.

Doubt he makes it to #27 after killing it at the combine by all reports so we'd have to pull the trigger at #17 I would guess.

I'm wondering if he'll make it to 17. The impacts that Porzingis and Doncic have had in their short time in the league will probably influence teams to reach for the next European who's quickly climbing up the ranks.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#608 » by Rockice_24 » Mon Jun 3, 2019 6:00 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:I posted this in the other thread but what about Samanic. Looks like our ideal PF.

I'm wondering if he'll make it to 17. The impacts that Porzingis and Doncic have had in their short time in the league will probably influence teams to reach for the next European who's quickly climbing up the ranks.

No chance he gets past SAS at 19 which is why 17 works for us.

He's the 2nd best Euro this year after Doumbouya similar to Musa after Doncic last year and that worked out well for us (at least I think). Hope we can land the 2nd best Euro this year too. His passing, handle and shooting should fit nicely in our offense esepcially if we have a Kyrie/D-Lo backcourt.

Obviously I hope we can have a haul in FA but if we do land just Kyrie only for instance I would like to nab Samanic (17) and Gafford (27) to sure up the frontcourt and a shooter like Cam Johnson at 31.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#609 » by Netaman » Mon Jun 3, 2019 7:40 pm

Marks has been unbelievable in the draft so I'm honestly more excited to see what he does there than FA. Hopefully this year will be his "Donovan Mitchell" moment to leverage the assets he's accumulated to move up and get a real top player on his board who slips.

If not it seems like we are setup well to get a solid big at #17 whether it's Samic, Clarke, Rui, Washington, Bitadze, Claxton, or Kabengele. Or maybe someone like Little slips unexpectedly. With 3 picks in the top 31 it's not out of the question we end up with 2 or 3 of those guys.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#610 » by DeRoma » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:25 am

Mfiondu Kabengele is maybe the back up 5 we might be drafting at the 17th. While I want us to go after a wing at our pick, Kabengele is a very intriguing prospect. This guy is a legit 6'10 who has a 7'3 wingspan that weigh's 256 lb with only 5% body fat.

He also shot 37% off the 3 and extremely mobile for his size.

;t=92s
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#611 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 4, 2019 12:03 pm

DeRoma wrote:Mfiondu Kabengele is maybe the back up 5 we might be drafting at the 17th. While I want us to go after a wing at our pick, Kabengele is a very intriguing prospect. This guy is a legit 6'10 who has a 7'3 wingspan that weigh's 256 lb with only 5% body fat.

;t=92s

yep. I would not be upset at all if Marks targets this kid. perfect fit.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Netaman
Analyst

Post#612 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:28 pm

He also fits in that his biggest negative is the injury history, which Marks has been willing to roll the dice on. I'd hope we could get him with 27 though. And ideally grab a sliding combo forward or 1 of the Euros at #17.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#613 » by DeRoma » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:52 pm

Netaman wrote:He also fits in that his biggest negative is the injury history, which Marks has been willing to roll the dice on. I'd hope we could get him with 27 though. And ideally grab a sliding combo forward or 1 of the Euros at #17.

Yeah def but according to the latest mock draft in espn insider pretty all the wings we need are gone by 17

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/comments/bwax38/insider_request_nba_mock_draft_firstround/epwcn4p/

KPJ would be a nice pick up though at 17

but if we do get Kabengele, I'd like us to go after Bazley and Samanic for the rest of our picks
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#614 » by DeRoma » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:Mfiondu Kabengele is maybe the back up 5 we might be drafting at the 17th. While I want us to go after a wing at our pick, Kabengele is a very intriguing prospect. This guy is a legit 6'10 who has a 7'3 wingspan that weigh's 256 lb with only 5% body fat.

;t=92s

yep. I would not be upset at all if Marks targets this kid. perfect fit.

Yep I forgot to mention our new Assistant GM is from florida state who i'm guessing hyping this guy out for Marks
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#615 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:20 pm

I'm just going to sit back and wait for Marks to pull a rabbit out of his ass like he does every year lol.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#616 » by Lamak » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:48 pm

im a fan of bol bol, even with the strength issues
Brooklyn Nets
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#617 » by Claud » Thu Jun 6, 2019 9:56 pm

Seems like this year's draft will be irrelevant for us.

Musa will be our "rookie" that gets integrated into the rotation in my eyes.

With 27 and 31 you can still land a steal if we draft smart.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#618 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:28 pm

Definitely loses some luster without the #17, however if they need more room perhaps we will see Dinwiddie dealt for a lotto pick.

The timing of this deal is strange to me only in the sense that Marks seems to have some urgency to get **** started. I was pretty reserved thinking this offseason would end up being pretty laid back but after today it seems the Marksman is all in on something.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#619 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:30 pm

Netaman wrote:Definitely loses some luster without the #17, however if they need more room perhaps we will see Dinwiddie dealt for a lotto pick.

The timing of this deal is strange to me only in the sense that Marks seems to have some urgency to get **** started. I was pretty reserved thinking this offseason would end up being pretty laid back but after today it seems the Marksman is all in on something.

I’m sure there’s many deals already agreed to around the league. This one just happened to leak.
FrenchNBAFan
Junior
And1: 95

Post#620 » by FrenchNBAFan » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:41 pm

I will go for one of Grant Williams, KZ Okpala, Claxton if they are available
I can see our FO taking Samanic too

Return to Brooklyn Nets