Derrick Rose Writes That Jimmy Butler 'Was Right' To Complain About Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Derrick Rose Writes That Jimmy Butler 'Was Right' To Complain About Timberwolves 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:08 am

Derrick Rose discussed Jimmy Butler's saga with the Minnesota Timberwolves in his new book, writing that while Butler was right to gripe about his contract situation, he didn't approach it in the correct manner.  

Rose's book I'll Show You, co-written with Sam Smith, traces aspects of his basketball career including his time with the Timberwolves last season.

“Nothing against Karl-Anthony Towns, he’s cool — and he’s good. But you get these kids and you spoil them before they achieve something...Jimmy was feeling, ‘Why’d y’all pay them first and I was the one that got you to the playoffs?’ That’s all it was. Jimmy wasn’t doing it right, though he was right,” writes Rose. 

Rose confirmed reports that Butler only scored one bucket during the much-publicized Timberwolves' scrimmage. 

“Scored one time in that practice they were all writing about. Yes, one basket...But the media is going crazy. You would think he scored 30...It was killing Thibs, I tell you. He wasn’t saying anything to us, but you could tell he was taking it hard,” he added.

Rose is an unrestricted free agent this summer. 

Via Michael Rand/Star Tribune

bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Re: Derrick Rose Writes That Jimmy Butler 'Was Right' To Complain About Timberwolves 

Post#2 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:28 pm

the downside of tanking and tanking and tanking with no blue chip savior/generational player (e.g., lebron) is the lack of leadership/direction

can;'t build with only kids.. it ain't 2k

you land a rookie towns or wiggins in san antonio, they'd be completely different players .. same talent, but mature, refined winners

which is also the same reason kp wanted out of nyk .. bad team cultures = bad news for your career.. and knick waters have been poisoned since the 99 run/ewing era ended
Mikchek
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Re: Derrick Rose Writes That Jimmy Butler 'Was Right' To Complain About Timberwolves 

Post#3 » by Mikchek » Sun Jun 9, 2019 7:16 pm

It wasn't wrong to pay KAT first...he is the future of the team. I could understand his gripe about Wigs but that decision was made based on the potential of greatness. That decision is gonna bite us in the ass for many years to come.

Return to Wiretap Discussion