Kawhi vs LeBron

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

TheNG
Rookie
And1: 1,331

Kawhi vs LeBron 

Post#1 » by TheNG » Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:57 am

So let me understand...
LeBron needed to build a superteam in Miami to win a championship and then needed to build a superteam in Cleveland to win a championship, while Kawhi can just win a championship in any team you put him in?
And some people still think LeBron is better than Kawhi? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,868

Re: Kawhi vs LeBron 

Post#2 » by LakersLegacy » Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:59 am

LeBron is better than Kawhi.
LeBron has won 3 of the last 7 championships.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#3 » by Dupp » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:10 am

Man look at all these threads from lebron lovers and haters.

Lebron is the nba and you all eat it up.

Let’s just enjoy the warriors lose for now it’s a great time to be alive
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#4 » by Jimmy Recard » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:24 am

Lol at Cleveland being a superteam :lol:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#5 » by goodboy » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:25 am

This season he is, overall no, not yet anyway. Long way to go.
Bright
DidUSaySometing
Junior
And1: 104

Post#6 » by DidUSaySometing » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:28 am

TheNG wrote:So let me understand...
LeBron needed to build a superteam in Miami to win a championship and then needed to build a superteam in Cleveland to win a championship, while Kawhi can just win a championship in any team you put him in?
And some people still think LeBron is better than Kawhi? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

raptors have more talent than than any of lebron's cavs teams
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#7 » by LKN » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:31 am

DidUSaySometing wrote:

Aww....not enough help, poor Lebron

Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,096

Post#8 » by Hugi Mancura » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:37 am

DidUSaySometing wrote:

I disagree with this. They just use the talent better. Their offense is nearer GSW offense, which means better ball movement. Better ball movement creates more wide open shots and easier basket's. Problem with ball moving offense is that everyone have to sacrifice in the offense. Lebron's teams were iso team's. Miami teams players were hand picked to fit very well in that idea. Cavs team's players not as much, specially the last year. But it doesn't mean players had less talent. Last years Cavs in the beginning of the year had more MVP's than any other team in NBA, so they had talent, but no will or skill to use it.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#9 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:43 am

For peaks kawhi is the GOAT SF not LeBron. Kawhi has a washed up offensively marc gasol, Siakam who is pretty much another larry Hughes, Lowry with a broken hand and he's beating historic teams like 76ers bucks warriors. Kawhi is having the goat playoff peak, lebrons only argument is longevity.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,452

Post#10 » by Pelly24 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:59 am

Like i mentioned in a thread i made a few weeks ago, Kawhi is really the only active player in the same class as MJ and LeBron when it comes to the playoffs. If all things are equal, or even close to it, The Klaw can get you that W. All three players are very different, but they're similar in the sense that they're extremely strong shot-creators with great fundamentals and overwhelming physical abilities. Kawhi's not as athletic as those two, but he's still a great athlete and his handle and jumper and reflexes and touch are amazing.

All of this said, Kawhi may be better now, but I don't see him being better overall. LeBron's 2018 playoff run was still at minimal as good as this one. LeBron's a better scorer than Kawhi and it's not even close when it comes to ballhandling/playmaking and passing. Kawhi's clearly got LeBron beat on defense at this point (and any point) but in the playoffs LeBron shows that he can play at minimal decent defense, so if he's on a strong defensive roster like Toronto it wouldn't even matter.

I think at the peak of their abilities, LeBron is better than anyone not named MJ (and he's just as good), but when it comes to the playoffs Kawhi's right there.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#11 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:36 am

Toronto’s supporting cast is just any team now ? It’s literally the supporting cast that was in the ECF and was winning the conference in recent years — except they upgraded by adding Green, Gasol and Kawhi.

Also Cleveland wasn’t a super team. Kyrie was a top 15 player, but Love was a lot less than his Minnesota self. Moreover, this very clearly isn’t the same GS team that Lebron faced. KD’s out, Klay missed time, Looney missed time, Iggy doesn’t look 100%.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#12 » by tsmith » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:39 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:For peaks kawhi is the GOAT SF not LeBron. Kawhi has a washed up offensively marc gasol, Siakam who is pretty much another larry Hughes, Lowry with a broken hand and he's beating historic teams like 76ers bucks warriors. Kawhi is having the goat playoff peak, lebrons only argument is longevity.

There's nothing historic about the 76ers or Bucks.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#13 » by Jimmy Recard » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:44 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:For peaks kawhi is the GOAT SF not LeBron. Kawhi has a washed up offensively marc gasol, Siakam who is pretty much another larry Hughes, Lowry with a broken hand and he's beating historic teams like 76ers bucks warriors. Kawhi is having the goat playoff peak, lebrons only argument is longevity.

I love Kawhi, IMO he’s the best player in the world but this is a garbage post. I can’t figure out which of your points is more laughable, calling the Sixers, bucks, and this version of GSW historic or comparing Siakam to Larry Hughes :lol:
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#14 » by Gooner » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:39 am

This run by Kawhi is more impressive than any run by LeBron.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#15 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:56 am

Raptors were 16-5 without kawhi in regular season

Check the cavs records without Lebron lol
Raptors til death
Trundle
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#16 » by Trundle » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:58 am

Raptors have a lot of talent: Gasol, Ibaka, Lowry - that's actually more than "superteam" in Cleveland. Not to mention Siakam who looks like a star in the making.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#17 » by Coach Carter » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:59 am

I don't even like bron but truth be told, he faced a better warriors side in 16. Iguodala for me is the biggest difference, dude is now a shell of himself. He had kyrie but overall, i think kawhi has a better supporting cast.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:59 am

tsmith wrote:

There's nothing historic about the 76ers or Bucks.

Bucks had one of the GOAT regular seasons and 76ers had one of the best net ratings ever with their core and also played raptors much tougher than anybody did.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 10:05 am

Trundle wrote:

Raptors have a lot of talent: Gasol, Ibaka, Lowry - that's actually more than "superteam" in Cleveland. Not to mention Siakam who looks like a star in the making.

Gasol is washed up offensively, ibaka couldn't even win a ring with KD-Westbrook-Harden, Lowry has a broken hand, Siakam is Ben simmons without any ball handling or passing. I'm supposed to buy into your bullcrap that this team is better than wade and bosh? LeBron had 1 comparable playoff year to kawhi 2016 that's it.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#20 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Jun 8, 2019 10:25 am

LBJ is easily better. He's one of the more unstoppable forces on offense the league has seen. And he's an iron man as well when it comes to injuries. Kawhi has a lots of work to do to get there, he's still much younger tho. His Finals MVP he wasn't exactly averaging mind blowing stats against that LBJ-led MIA team.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to The General Board